• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Birthmarks and unexplained scars (Merged)

I have scars all over my forearms, but most of them are the result of tickling a very ticklish kitty. Some, however, are of unknown origin. I wasn't born with them, but I don't think they're related to reincarnation. Pigments in sections of our skin can change for a variety of reasons, sometimes related to diet, other times related to chemicals and things we come into extended contact with, etc.

Hi Nancy! Did you get chills or flashbacks when your brother brought this up? you might want to get a past life regression before your mind is set on the wrong idea. I have no scars, but I do have a small birthmark on the top of my index finger. They say birthmarks are suppose to fade by the time your twenty but mine is still there, which makes me think it might be past-life related...but who knows for sure.

You know what? This reminds me of something thats actually kind of funny in a sense. My older brother has so many freckles, that you can see little, round areas of skin where he just doesn't have any freckles at all. X) Interesting...

Another thing I've noticed about myself and scarring, is that if I get a scar on one foot, I'll get another scar mirroring it on the other foot. Almost all of my scars from the hips down are mirrored on the other side of my body. I wonder why?

My not be PL related at all.

Do you think maybe..

you could've had the same freckles and birthmarks you do now in a past life?

what do freckles even mean?

i've come to believe that nothing is random.

Hi Meloneri, and welcome to the Forum!

I tend to believe as you do, that nothing is random. But, while birthmarks may have relevance as possible indications of Past-Life injuries, I would truly doubt whether freckles hold any meaning beyond the possibility of having had them as a physical feature during a past life.

I have had the impression from countless sources that freckles and moles have not appeared to have captured the same research interest as have birthmarks and birth defects.

Hi meloneri, welcome to the forum :)

I agree with Nightrain, I don't think there is any correlation between freckle's and injury sustained in a past life, I think they are just simply a part of certain people's genetic make up.

Birthmarks however - there is a fair degree of evidence to suggest that a birthmark can often appear where an injury occurred in a past life. There are cases of birthmarks appearing where there would have been an entry and an exit wound made by a bullet, or a spear for example.

I have freckles and a birthmark but I do not think they are past life related. Also, my birthmark use to be dark but you can barely see it now. Who knows. Everybody is different. :)

I don't think freckles would have any past life relevance, some of us tan beautifully in the sun and some of us freckle and burn according to our genetic makeup. I am in the latter category, thanks, dad. :freak:

Birthmarks are individual and unpredictable and I can see them having a past life significance.

Hi!

I believe that birth marks and birth defects can be related to a past life, but I don't think that freckles fall into the same category. No one is born with freckles as they are caused by sun exposure (if you are genetically predisposed). One of my daughters has freckles on her nose, but they did not appear until she was about 3. Moles can be present at birth, so I am not sure about those.

Welcome to the forum!

I think the soul's influence on the body and genetic manipulation is very powerful...whether it was through a karmic event that results in a birthmark or freckles, whatever will enable the incarnation to best achieve it's experience.

Reposting in this place. Talking about internal marks, I can share this. I have a spot in my forehead that is sensible to touch. It’s not noticeable, nor skin marks, but if you touch the place, the bone feels like it have a little depression, the size of a bullet in diameter. I feel a little pain when I touch it. I suffered of headaches since I remember, always the same pain. The pain is always in the same place, on the right side of the forehead. Also I was diagnosis with stereoblindness a few tears ago. My left eye is not working properly since I was born. There is not medical treatment for that. I also have an hypophysis condition. I have almost no sense of smell. I have health issues since very early age. Also I’m suffering since a lot of years some unexplainable pain in my flank. No marks there either. Did a lot of test but medics didn’t found the causes. It’s an intermittent pain, like a stab. Comes and go away without any cause. No any medical reason. All tests are ok, but the pain is persistent, even if it’s sporadic, it can freeze me for a while.

I have a birthmark on my forehead, just above my right eyebrow, near my nose. It isn't just one mark though, it's more a series of small ones. I don't remember anything that may have been the cause of it though.

Just read some channelled information indicating that scars (at birth), birthmarks or phantom aches/pains/injuries are "unfinished business" from past lives. If the root cause and issue which resulted in the injury/mark/pain was not somehow resolved, one can bring the evidence of it with them into the next life. News from the other side to help with our comprehension on this side!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree birthmarks and marks that show up out of nowhere and may even go away on their own, and injuries, can be evidence of past life issues.

BTW, I find every comment on this thread to be interesting. I wonder what the specific marks mean? Let's keep investigating this one folks. :D

As I child, I always dreamt of being tied to "the breaking wheel"-- something I very recently learned about, but noticed years ago a large crack in my skull. I know there are cracks in the skull that are evidence of growth. However, I am talking about a wide crack in my forehead that travels vertically down my brow. There is not supposed to be a growth crack in this spot; it just doesn't fit the medical charts I have looked at. Also, I had x-rays done in summer 2011, and the technician made a comment to me I never heard any other time I had x-rays done, "your ribs are crooked." saywhat

(I could go on for a long time giving evidence of this pl, however, I would be repeating a former post.)

My good friend, Amy and I refer to our friendship as a "brain and guts effort," (Which never seemed curious until now...) Any way, I have been "the guts." We laugh at this reference because, well, I maintain that I have no guts. I am not joking. As an infant, I had to have 3 feet of my colon removed just to insure I would live; At sixteen, I got gallstones and had my gallbladder removed; at 21, I had my appendix removed, and I even had to go back into surgery to remove scar tissue from my colon surgery... and the surgeon had to seperate my colon and stomach because they were fusing together. Odd! I haven't yet come to understand why "I have no guts," or of any pl trauma that correlates. (I'll start a thread if I learn anything about that.)

Also, I used to have a large brown scar, exactly the shape of Africa on my lower back. It disappeared on its own about eight years ago. I am not sure what I did to resolve that issue, but I supposed it could have something to do with becoming baptized that year. (?)

Finally, my best friend who is more like a sister... I will get to that on my Greece plr thread, she has a large birthmark on the side of her face. The kids in school would ask her if she had the Nike Swoosh tattooed on her face. Of course, she did not; but it does look like the swoosh. She seems to think it is also a mark from her past life.

One of my daughter's has a little red mark on one side of her upper arm, and a corresponding little red mark on the under side of it, like an exit wound scar. She thinks it was either from an arrow, or a bullet wound. The other daughter had a brown birthmark on an unmentionable area. I always wondered if it might have been a scar from a female circumsion in a past life.

Arynleigh Sorry to hear you've had to endure so much surgery. I was born with a hole in my heart and had to have it patched together when I was six. How romantic given the loss that marked my previous life! Born with a broken heart! ;) In my case it's hereditary (my Aunt had the same condition) but it makes such a nice story, doesn't it?

My dad has a wonderful sword-wound shaped birthmark on his side though. And my partner, with a huge interest in WWII, has a fading birthmark that covers almost his entire left leg! That would have been messy, I think. :eek:

I wish I had a cool birthmark to talk about, but alas! I am the "unbranded"! My brother has a "thunderbird" on his left shoulder. It looks like an old native American image we once saw of this legendary beast. I always thought it was cool. (My other brother had no interesting birthmarks, but every year on December 15th he would get a massive headache. As for me, my only claim to fame is that my eyes changed color. They used to be a pure, deep brown. In my teenage they faded to hazel with a hint of green. Now they're grey with brown only close to the pupil.)

My brother with the thunderbird was very drawn to the Apache. More than any of us he identified with our native American blood. He would have dreams of running wild across the desert, sometimes it would be "before it was a desert". He felt somehow linked to the Superstition Mountains. I imagine he had several lives in "his tribe".

I have a very conspicuous birthmark -- it can be seen on my avatar here. It is a red, heart-shaped spot, not embossed, just a red tint in the front of my neck. Though my mom says I was born with it, I can't see it in the pictures taken when I was around 6 months. But it is conspicuous when I am around 12 months. Might be that it's very soft, so cant be seen easily, aaaand the baby did have a very plumpy neck ^^

[Of course that, from my teens, everyone would bully me with things like 'wild nights' gah!]

One day I was talking like, with a friend who's a massotherapist, and I conversationaly asked him if he thought that this mark could be that in a past life I have been beheaded. He said "no, if you'd been beheaded you'd have a nasty issue in the cervical vertebra". Interesting point. And here in this thread I found someone saying that had died thru beheading, and does have cervical and neck issues.

Last edited:
I believe that birth marks are reflective of how we died in our most recent past life. There are lots of stories about this, where people remember being shot and have a birthmark in the same place, or other similar things. I personally remember drowning, and I was born without any birthmarks.

I have one on my middle finger of my right hand.
Still have not figured out how it came ther cannot remember how I got it.
It is a very faint white line just over one of my knuckles

I don't have scar or birthmark in my body. Though, I have a mole in my neck and in my arms which I'm not sure if it means something.

Back