Black African, anyone?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kumoyo, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Kumoyo

Kumoyo New Member

I have been a member for a few months now, and I have noticed that most of the members have had their past lives in Europe and other continents except sub-saharan Africa. ( I could be wrong, that is why I am posting this thread!)

Has anyone lived in Africa as a Black African before? Also, I noticed from the thread on where people would like to be born in their next life and none chose Africa. yes, I am black and live in Africa.

I am just curious....no offence meant.

2. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Kumoyo,

I don't recall any past lives in Africa, but I am very drawn to the landscape -- the beautiful photos of the sunset through the trees stirs something deep within the heart. It's quite possible I've lived there before. :)

As far as choosing where I'd like to be born next -- I chose Europe mainly because it feels like "home," but I wouldn't mind at all being born in Africa. I'm quite sure I'll be happy wherever my little soul goes, as long as I have people to love, and people who love me.

Ailish :)

3. Chansa

Chansa Senior Registered

Hello Kumoyo :).

I think you bring up an excellent question. :thumbsup: I really look forward to others' responses. You may be interested in the thread, Africa, short though it may be, in the Past Life Memories Archive. The Past Life Memories Archive is an excellent resource for finding members' past life memories by era/event and location. And, though not specific to Africa, I think you may also be interested in the thread, Lifetimes you don't hear about often.

Personally, I don't have many detailed past life memories/experiences as some of the other members do. :rolleyes: However, in meditation, I have experienced vivid flashes of a zebra and a body of water in the middle of what seemed to be plains on more than one occasion. I somehow just knew it was Africa. I've also seen flashes of a man who seemed to be a male shaman or medicine man. He usually has a "walking stick", painted with intricate designs, topped with stones, beads, nuts and/or shells tied around it like a tassel.

Though I still don't know much about it - and it seems like it may be separate from the other set of impressions - the word "Zulu" popped into my head before I knew it was even a word, let alone described a population of people in Africa. A great sense of sorrow and loss and sadness accompanied that word for me. Guilt, too, and the idea my decisions/actions led to the deaths of lots of people I cared about came to me without details of what exactly happened. Overall, just a strong impression of battle/war - warrior, stubborness, pressure, grief.

I am hesitant to research too much because I'd like to discover a bit more within myself before going outside to confirm anything. So it's important to note that I have no idea whether those impressions fit any "facts" or are even linked to a past life (or past lives) at all. It certainly feels true, though, I won't pretend I know for certain. :)

~ Chance

[Edited to correct "Lifetimes you don't hear about often" link].

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Kumoyo, your question found a home with me.

Although I have no specific memory or recollection, I have always had a ethereal feeling of belonging with the African peoples. The bonds of kinship, in this life, have always given me cause to believe (especially after the reincarnation revelations) there was more beyond this life. I have not really explored it, because it has taken most of my sanity to understand the life I do recall in 1906. However if you were to ask me what things reside within me that I attribute to that "feeling" I would say: my deep, deep since of clan/extended family; my joy at gatherings where those bonds are celebrated in feast, where feasts are prepared with great thought and passion; and honor/kinship/friendship are deeper than time. Someday when the time is right I hope to explore those memories. For now, as I said, they are a distant shore, whose faint scenery is a strength I cannot explain.

Peace, The Tinkerman

5. Carol

Carol Author

Hi Kumoyo,
    I personally had a spontaneous memory as a child of being an African. It came up when I was about nine years old while playing in a freshly mown field. For hours I made little villages out of grass, little grass huts, and could actually see the village in my mind's eye.

I have regressed a good number of people who remember being in Africa, some pleasant lives, but, more often, being taken away on ships and having horrible experiences of dying during the Middle Passage. That was a huge event, which left scars for many people.

So, yes, North American Caucasian people do remember being blacks in Africa.

Carol

6. Kumoyo

Kumoyo New Member

Thank you for the responses everyone! Chansa, the threads you recommended were interesting.

I dont know of any "regressionists" here in Zambia, but i do hope i will be able to remember a past life one day. Thank you all, again.:thumbsup:

7. Carol

Carol Author

8. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kumoyo,

I remember several African lives, but they were all a very long time ago and I don't have a lot of information about them really - only fairly sketchy images. I remember going hunting with my father as a boy and I remember being an old man who had been mauled by a lion.

9. Spocket

Spocket Senior Registered

I've had a few lives in Africa; the most recent one was in the Ghana Empire. I've always been fascinated by the parts of Africa that were civilized before contact with Europeans, as well as African art and music. Like Tinkerman, I feel a connection with African peoples (but not African-Americans or African-Caribbeans for some reason).

I'd like to be born in Africa again if all those problems we Americans hear about in the news all the time (poverty, war, famine, disease) are solved. I think it's partly because of those problems that many Westerners don't want to be born there. (Kumoyo, are things better in Zambia?)

10. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

I am a white caucasian woman . I have had memories of other ethnic groups. North American INdian, male and female, Japanese woman, ancient Egyptian male and female, neandrathal male, Jewish, Christian, and more,

I just had a memory of having been a back man, I did not think to ask where I was living .. I remember having my mother die and how profound an affect that had on me. It hurt so much as I did not have the opportunity to have a funeral for her.

I did a visualization of being present at her grave as should have been done.. and that seemed to wrap up my anxiety about that..

That memory has lead to a great connection to mothers.. I and my mother this life are not close. She is a bit more like a general, and surmise she still wants to fulfill some general role from a past life--LOL

Now that I have had this memory I can accept more the whole mothering thing... It seemed to have been important for me to have remembered this life as a man, and for sure this man who was so strongly attached to his mom without losing my individuality..

I have remembered other lives as men but this one has helped put the mothering issue to rest with me..

Like I now know that men can be close to their mothers without having to worry that they will be stifled as I had seen before . I had been taught that our culture often thinks boys should fear becoming sissys if they are close to their mothers. /

I remember reading somewhere in a book that Edgar Cayce beleived that every culture had its specific lessons of personal characteristics to build // I shall have to look for that..

Nanciwell

11. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

An interesting older thread that I've missed before this. :thumbsup:

I have had a memory flash of being a little African (black) boy, and I believe it was in Egypt or Nubia a long time ago.

When I was in high school I went through a stage in which I was totally fascinated by Sub-Saharan Africa, especially the southern parts. It was mostly about the landscapes and fauna, but I got interested in the whole culture, too. In University I studied African Studies, Third World Studies and Social Anthropology focusing on Africa. I haven't had the chance to go there yet, but I hope the day will come. We sponsor a boy in Kenya and would love to meet him.

Due to this fascination I think it's likely I've had several past lives there, but I think the closest chronologically was that of a white, European male that was there as a coloniser (in South Africa). He was not a native, but truly loved it there, and I think a big part of my fascination stems from this lifetime. I don't have many detailed memories of his time in Africa, and I don't know how well or badly he treated native people - or the animals (it's possible he hunted them as a hobby) - but maybe it's better that way. :rolleyes:

Karoliina

12. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

Yes, I had a life as an African tribal leader. I was a woman in that life and took on a profession that was characteristic of men. It was almost unheard of for a woman to be a tribal leader, but I guess I was a feminist before my time.

I was a fair and just ruler. I cared strongly about the people. I remember my mother being eaten by a lion and she died when I was very young.

I am reading a lot of people's stories on here about life in Africa and I'm surprised to hear how many people remember being eaten by lions or a loved one who was mauled by a lion. I thought I was the only one who remembers that experience. Maybe someone from this forum could have been in my tribe.

I dont have much of a fascination with the art or fashion of Africa yet, I sympathize strongly with African Americans. I have a desire to someday go back to Africa in the poorer regions and help out. I'd like to build a school for girls b/c education is very important.

13. RootDrPerennial

RootDrPerennial My own GGG Granddaughter

Perhaps we tend to reincarnate along ancestral lines, and hence, with a disproportionate number of Caucasians with Internet access, there appear to be more Caucasians.

My PL, and ancestor, was an American-born enslaved Black man. I believe his bi-racial daughter/my GG Grandmother, Mollie, who was passed as white as an infant, is a spiritual guardian.

Recently, I had a major discovery. I had just posted about an early childhood experience that I had NEVER talked to ANYONE about before. That night just before going to sleep an image came to me of a wonderful old grandmother--that I was forced to leave behind, abandoned. I'm not sure but I believe she was either born in Africa or second-generation.

I learned something I really needed to know--she was a PL of Mollie. So she was not just left...as a matter of fact she went on to have a large and charitable family, as well as being a healer in her community in the desolate days after the Civil War.

I believe God determines if we come back, and we consult with Saints and ancestors. I don't think I want to come back for a while. I don't want to get caught up in all the crazy ecological stuff. However, if and when I do I want to come back-God willing-on Mollie1's family line, whether that is Africa or the United States. I have this daydream--I think that is all it is--about reincarnating in about 500 years as a Black African involved in the psychosocial aspects of planning space colonies. (Teaching kindergarten is a good preparation for that if you think about it.:laugh:)

My church has a large African immigrant community. I am friends with them and they include me in their activities. My best friend is African American (ironically from the county just the other side of that river my PL was thrown in)

Once when Mother Teresa was asked what was the poorest country in the world she replied, the United States, meaning social and spiritual poverty. Some tend to think of Africa as a place to "help," a place trashed and abandoned by imperial plunderers, which did happen and the people have many needs. However, much of what is most essential in Africa has survived and can be of great "help" to us.

...kind of like Mollie1:).

14. kungfupanda

kungfupanda New Member

I really love African culture and feel very happy when I watch a video or listen to music from Africa, particularly Kenya or sub-Saharan regions. I definitely would incarnate in Africa, although I don't know if I've ever incarnated there before (as I don't actually remember any past lives). Last night I dreamt about lions surrounding a building that I was in, and in the dream the other people in the building kept letting the lions in and they would eat people, but I kept running into the bathroom (hahaha) and locking the door until they chased the lions out. I remember thinking, 'How stupid to let the lions in, they'll eat us!'. Of course, this was just a silly dream and any sane person would be afraid of a lion eating them. Interesting combination of topics though.

15. Karoliina

Welcome to the forum, Kungfupanda. :)

It's interesting you are so fascinated with Africa. It was the same with me, but the fascination has somewhat faded nowadays. I would still travel there in a heartbeat, given a chance, though! I was also drawn to Sub-Saharan Africa, and more the eastern than western parts.

Can you specify what is it about Africa that fascinates you? For me it was mostly the landscape (savannah) and animals. Also (unfortunately, or at least boringly) the European colonial communities.

Karoliina

16. tiswas

tiswas New Member

The real reason why many folk do not want to have a life in Africa is that it is all media brainwashing. I am an Asian woman (Sikh Indian) and I would rather be a free Nigerian woman than a trapped Middle Eastern woman that is married to a man old enough to be her father.

By the way has anyone of you people sense that Bill Clinton has been a African-American in his previous lives, I do. I always get this feeling when I see him. :)

17. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi tiswas,

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry to hear that you feel trapped in your marriage - :(

What brings you to the forum? Do you have any memories of a past life or past lives you would be willing to share? I really don't mind if my next life is in Africa, or anywhere, as long as it's a happy life.

Interesting feelings about Bill Clinton you have there, maybe you 'recognize' him from the past - ;)

Hope you enjoy it here - :)

18. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum tiswas.

19. tiswas

tiswas New Member

No, I am not trapped in my marriage but it happened in a previous life for me.:mad:

20. Karoliina

Welcome to the forum, Tiswas. :)

I also think the Western media gives us easily a very one-sided image of Africa - a huge continent with millions of different stories.

Btw - two things about you caught my eye: You're from Isle of Wight, where I used to visit often (my ex's father is from there) - a lovely place. :thumbsup: And you're a Sikh - to whom I have a past life connection and still feel a fascination towards the culture and people. :)

I'd be curious to hear your past life story about the bad marriage, if you're willing to share.

Enjoy the forum!

Karoliina

21. HUMMINGBIRD1113

HUMMINGBIRD1113 New Member

PL in Africa

Kumoyo,

I meditated one day laying in my backyard in the sun to see if I could bring up any past lives.

I was an African girl, 7-years-old, I was looking through some brush watching a Rhinoceros. I wasn't afraid of it, just watching it. Then I heard my mother calling for me. I began to run through the bush away from her voice. When I heard her call to me again I remember thinking that she will be mad if I don't come so I turned around and ran home to her. I came out of the brush into a circular clearing of dirt. There were huts all around the circle and it seemed to me that everyone in the village would congregate in this circular area together. I went to my hut and my mother gave me some food and a big bowl to help prepare for our meal. It seemed like it was corn to me, but that didn't make sense to me having corn in Africa so I'm not sure what it was. I sat in the dirt on the edge of the circle and began tearing it apart and putting it into the bowl. I was looking around and I could see I had a little brother age 3 that was playing in the dirt near me and my mother had a baby boy strapped to her back with a colorful cloth. I could see myself too. I had short black hair that was twisted or in tight braids. My skin was very dark. I only had covering on my bottom half and naked on top. That's all I remember.

I have always been drawn to Africa and can't wait to go "home". In this life I am white, Native American and Portuguese. I have only been attracted to black men my whole life and my children are black. I remember thinking when I was young that I couldn't wait to have children and I knew they would be black. I couldn't imagine having "white" children. It didn't feel right to me. I just knew my children were supposed to be black. I dreamed of braiding my children's hair and when I actually did have children, everyone would always ask me who did their hair because they couldn't believe that a "white girl" could braid like that! :laugh:

I have studied many religions and I am drawn to African Voudou as well. My deity I am drawn to most is Yemaya. I feel attached to her so maybe that was what we practiced. I don't know for sure.

22. HUMMINGBIRD1113

HUMMINGBIRD1113 New Member

Oh, also I was just thinking. I usually always get my hair braided also. I love the way it feels and looks and I only feel like myself when I have my braids in. I am known for this where I live. I am always asked if I am half black also. I don't see what they see apparently because I dont think I look mixed, but many people ask me or just assume I am.

23. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I have memories of being an African American, as well as a Native American - I believe I have had many lives where my skin was not white, in fact I disliked that my skin was white when I was little kid before most other kids had even thought about it. :thumbsup:

24. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Maybe an African life. I have a glimpse of someone following the sun to see where it goes at night and finding the coast and believing they had found the end of the world. I'm not sure why I think it's Africa. It's more instinctive than anything.

25. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

Wow, this is a really interesting thread!

I don't know that I have specific memories, but as a kid I made up a song - or I think I did. I put it through google translator (yes, I know, not very reliable - but it was a start :rolleyes:) and it came up as Swahili. Here's what I got...

Adaya waya: Adaiah wire

Awaya waya: Awaya wire a valuable gift

Awaya daya: Awaya valuable gift

Awaya daya, ya-ya: valuable gift

I'm not sure if that's definitely Swahili, though, as it also translated into Malay as "forces." But it's something. The only thing I'd say is that of all locations, Africa's never really resonated with me too much, save a few times I wondered for various reasons. (I do think if I had a life in Africa, it was in the ancient or prehistoric times. I don't know why I think that.)

26. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Kumoyo, as for myself very possibly have had an african or several african past lives. I do not know very much about them though. Do think very possibly that have had a past life there in the Congo Region of Africa. Also possibly maybe among the Bushmen - Bush people of central Africa. Am personally attracted to Hunter-Gatherer cultures and do know that have quite a few lives among the Native Americans and several among the Australian Aborigines also. I personally am white in this life but how much at present do I seemingly identify with the Native Americans it seems.

Wishing You the Best!