Boy Believes He Lived Before

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Midnight.Sapphires, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

I found the documentary at youtube:

Lovely little chap, Cameron :thumbsup:

2. Carol

Carol Author

Indian,

Thanks so much for posting the link to the Cameron video. It is a remarkable case. It's also puzzling because the final piece--Cameron's former identity--didn't check out. But the rest of it was all in place, his memories were quite vivid.

Carol

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Thank you for sharing, Indian. :thumbsup: I greatly enjoyed watching this show - and definitely recommend that anyone with an interest in reincarnation watch it.

Cameron was adorable -- his reaction to landing in Barra, seeing the house for the first time and the depth of his emotions as he stared into that fire...I thought his mum handled the situation beautifully. What a lovely family :)

Has anyone else watched Cameron's story? Thoughts or comments?

Aili

4. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

Thank you for sharing the link Indian. I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I think Cameron is a lovely little boy and has a wonderful mother to take him to Barra and investigate his pastlife.

Kind Regards
    Kay

5. shield

shield Registered User

Interesting you mention that, Titus. After watching the video and being intrigued by it, I discussed the strange fact of "no deaths in the family" with my wife who´s a great practising medium. The first thing she comes up with is the same theory.

What if he had lived and died close by or in the house (was the house built before the R.´s time there...?) in an earlier life and lingered on.

Kind of moving, when you think of the little guy talking about himself sitting there watching the other kids playing by the sea, through the window...

So- really interesting to hear that you and mr.Tucker were thinking along those lines, as well. BTW where did you read of his thinking this way...? Would be great to check it out closer.

6. enyeo

enyeo New Member

They missed a few things. They said that even though they found a Robertson family had lived where Cameron said they did, they couldn't find a "Shane" Robertson who died hit by a car. Sean is the gaelic word for "Old". Pronounced shan, not shayn, but pretty close. Also he didn't say the man died on Barra, that I recall. He just said his dad got knocked down. Getting run down by a car on Barra would be a stupid thing. There's only one road, one lane wide, that circles the island, with some lanes and tracks branching off. It's open land - when I was there, there was a joke about a small clump of stunted trees in a little dip being the Barra Forest. You'd see and hear a car coming from a long way off. The Robertson family only lived there a short time and it sounds like Jilly Robertson talked about an extended family took turns staying there - I don't think they looked far enough.

The look on Cameron's face when he finally got to the house got to me. I know the feeling. I got it on the Castlebay side. My gut went out on me. It was also weird seeing the house he recognized, because I remember that house - I went all over the island.

Funny part - Cameron calling Kisimul Castle, the little fort out in the middle of the bay, as the bit you'd have to swim back from. If he lived fifty years ago, that's what it would have been - a bit of rock in the middle of the bay. It was a ruin that was rebuilt over the last half century.

If you haven't seen this, go to youtube, it's fantastic.

enyeo

7. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Enyeo,

I know what you mean by the look on Cameron's face when he sees the house. It got to me too. A mixture of loss, sadness, longing, missing...

8. enyeo

enyeo New Member

It just makes you realize that "you can't go home again" is true. I'm glad the visit helped him seem to accept that.

enyeo

9. Jamieevans

Jamieevans New Member

You can 'go home', to an extent, and sometimes just being there is enough, even if things have changed a bit - I guess if they've changed a lot it makes a great difference.

When i was little if i was upset i always cried to go home, but i didn't find either of the places that feel like home to me until i was much older - Scotland,(Loch Awe,Cruachan, to be precise) and , perhaps more strangely, the battlefields off WW1 ! The sense of relief and joy to finally get 'home' can be overwhelming, kind of like being in an enormous hug after a great upset. I'm glad little Cameron had a chance to get to his, despite his upset at the changes

Also, forgive me referring to messages long past but i've been away, forty years isn't all that long a time - I died in Nov 1916 and 'woke' in 1977. I have only one definite memory between, and that was in Heaven or whatever you wish to call the place. I was sitting on a rock by a river, playing with something (a twig i wanted to use as a boat?) when someone, er, in authority came and asked me to come and help someone. I said yes.

At the time, i felt i was still male, though a little boy rather than the age i was in '16. Would this be because i was a boy in my previous life, or do you think i was still male until i was actually reincarnated?

10. enyeo

enyeo New Member

Loch Awe is a beautiful place. I've never been to Cruachan.

I don't have any idea about the in between time. A friend thinks it is the dream state, that we return to that place everytime we dream and what we see and experience differs according to our different perceptions of the universe and ourselves. I like the idea.

enyeo

fireflydancing likes this.
  11. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Jamieevans,

Apparently, in the Spiritual Realms there are MANY different places where a Soul/Spirit can be, and our spiritual body retains (at least for a while) the same shape and format of our previous incarnation, so I would say that in between your death in '16 and your reincarnation in '77 there was very probably a life in which you died as a young boy.

12. Mommyof2

Mommyof2 New Member

I found it!

It's on youtube.com, here's the link http://youtube.com/results?search_query=boy+who+lived+before&search=Search

That takes you to a lot of videos and unfortunately I didn't have time to sort through them but a lot of them are about Cameron and his story, especially the first few on that page and then it starts pulling up other things. Enjoy!! I'll have to watch when I'm at home (at work right now)

13. enyeo

enyeo New Member

Do a search just on "reincarnation past life recall" and it brings the best of the videos to the top, including his. There's a number of interesting ones on you tube.

enyeo

14. Jamieevans

Jamieevans New Member

HI Charles Stuart

Thanks for your reply - that makes a lot of sense .

15. PaperMoon

PaperMoon Lived before

Yeah I saw the show online on youtube and I think it was true and that the kid did an amazing job with his memories and the fact that some memoreis were off a little proves his honesty. Just ask a kid about something he witnessed in this life last week and see how there's bound to be something he is a little off on. ;) Plus, people make mistakes remembering things that happened in the past in THIS life let alone another past life. So it's possible some bits of info from a different past life may get mixed up with that past life like how the father died and other little things that were kind of off a little. But the kid definately got more info right than what facts he got mixed up with and remember this was a 6yr old kid remembering a past life, in an area he had never been to before describing things there in detail, not an adult remembering something from last year. :thumbsup: ;) So I definately believe this story is real and it was very intetresting.

16. $un$hine

$un$hine New Member

Check on youtube

I watched the Cameron story on Youtube. It was very interesting.

17. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Any news??

Hello everyone!

I am new here and very fascinated by the topic of this thread. When I first read that the boy told having "fallen down and than being here" I feel that, as somebody else had already suggested, he maybe referred to entering his body (as people leaving their bodies nearly always report the rose up). I would very much like to know if Jim Tucker has further investigated/is still investigating this case. I did not see the film (I am from Germany) but from what I read I am very much convinced of that the boy neither mixes up two lives nor remembers having been a spirit. It really sounds like clear, distinct memories. I strikes me that he only remembers the periods in Barra, which includes, as I understand it, only the summer-time. From this, I would conclude that the possibility exists that he was no actual family-member but someone who visited the family very often, like a lonely boy who may have lost his father and identifies with a happy family whom he spends the summer with. He may simply have desparately wished to be a member of this family and as the time he spends with them was the happiest period in his short life??

What do you think??

Iris

18. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Iris and welcome to the forum. :)

You present some good ideas there. Did you notice you can see the whole documentary on YouTube? There are links in this thread and you can surely find it with YouTube's search engine, too.

Best,

Karoliina

19. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

After rereading that thread again (well, not the entire thread... ;) , I am coming to the conclusion that it is not all that obvious that the "boy" cameron claims to have been before died at a young age. Maybe he just refers to childhood-memories for this matches his current age. Or it was the happiest time in his life. I mean, people can be regressed to childhood-memories under hypnosis in this life (and they re-experience their thoughts and feelings from a child`s perspective), why shouldn´t it be possible that past-live-memories only encompass a certain period? And "Gilly" need`t be a sisters, she can as well be a cousin, good friend, whatsoever. Maybe it would make sense to also look for relatives and close friends who spent a lot of time with the Robertsons in Barra but died when they weren`t kids anymore...?! Just an idea, but I would love this case being solved... ;) .

Iris

20. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

An interesting story with members' discussion. (The latter YouTube link seems to still work.) :)

Karoliina

21. DavidW

DavidW Probationary

Has any more research been done by Jim Tucker on this case? Has the identity of "Shane Robertson" been discovered? I would have thought that if Cameron's "other daddy", Shane Robertson, had been knocked down and killed by a car on the island of Barra in the early 1960's, there would have been an inquest into the death and the records of that inquest must still exist, if not on Barra, then on the Scottish mainland.

Of course, if Cameron was getting one past life memory of his life on Barra mixed up with another, it could be that the car accident didn't happen on Barra after all, but at another place and in another era. That would make it a lot more difficult to track down the details. But not impossible.

It's also strange that following the transmission of the programme on national television in 2006, no one came forward with information that could have solved the mystery. Perhaps the right person didn't see the programme.

22. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

I have been interested in this case ever since I saw the programme on TV and I have watched it again on YouTube several times. I agree that it throws up more questions than it answers, which is very frustrating. I wish we knew if the genealogist or Dr Tucker did an exhaustive search of the Robertson family tree for anyone who Cameron might have been.

Every time I watch, I get the feeling that there's more to this case than the programme revealed. For someone who devotes his time to thoroughly researching children's accounts of past lives, Dr Tucker just seemed too reconciled with the unsolved aspects of the case. I also felt that Gillian Robertson knew more than she was willing to talk about. If there was some tragedy in her extended family, such as the death of a relative and his son, it might well be something her family do not even discuss among themselves let alone in public. And if she firmly believes there is no such thing as reincarnation, then that would only add to her unwillingness to reveal what she may know.

A few observations and thoughts:

Gillian asked, "Was the car accident on Barra?" Did she ask this question because she was hoping Norma would say yes and thus rule out, in her mind, the possibility of Cameron being anything to do with a family member who might have died elsewhere as a result of some sort of accident involving a motor vehicle? Or did she ask it because she knew of some accident on Barra involving someone she knew.

Cameron stated that he lived in a white house with his mum and dad and three brothers and sisters. If the family he remembers, and is counting himself as one of, is the family of Gillian Robertson, then Cameron is spot on because there appear to have been four children - Gillian, Caryl, William and Angus.

The genealogist, when speaking of Gillian, told Cameron's mum, "She has two brothers and a daughter." Did the genealogist mean to say two brothers and a sister or did she mean what she said? If the latter, was this because she had ascertained that Caryl was deceased? Later the voice over mentions that Norma now has a name and telephone number for a living member of the Robertson family. This could be taken to mean that at the time they made the programme no other member of that family was still living. In which case, Cameron could have been any of Gillian's three siblings. Gillian appears to be in her fifties and if one or more of her three siblings are dead, he/she/they must have passed on much younger than average thus making at least one death by accident more likely than natural causes.

If Gillian's two brothers and sister were still alive, why did the programme makers not seek them out via Gillian? They might have remembered playing with a little boy on the island who wasn't a family member but who spent a happy summer with them. Perhaps they were contacted and didn't wish to be involved, or perhaps they were indeed dead,

When Gillian was asked by Norma if a child had passed away in her family. Gillian stated, "No, certainly there were no deaths of children in that close family." But that doesn't rule out someone in her more extended family or the death of young adults. Either way, I find it strange that she referred to her own immediate family as "that family." especially when, only a few seconds earlier she twice referred to them as "our family". It suggests to me that at that point she was unconsciously distancing herself from her family. Why? Could it be because of something emotionally painful such as the death of one or more siblings as youngish adults perhaps.

continued below......

23. Angelcat

Angelcat Senior Registered

Cameron told his mother that he didn't expect to see his dad on Barra because he was dead and Norma stated that Cameron had said, "My real Barra dad didn't look left and right." However, as already mentioned, Cameron also claimed that he lived at the house with his mum and dad and three brothers and sisters. This appears to be a contradiction if his dad was dead and why did Cameron refer to his father as his real dad? Was he simply differentiating bewteen his Barra dad and his present father or could it mean that his "real Barra dad" was not the same man as Gillian's father? This Shane Robertson might have been someone who married into the Robertson famly with either a name Cameron has muddled up such as Robert McShane or by coincidence, had the same surname (Robertson is a very common name in Scotland) or a similar one such as Roberts or Robinson. Could Gillian's mother have married twice? If her first husband died leaving her with a small child, she may have married again quite quickly and then had further children. Her first child may not have had the surname Robertson but acquired that name from his stepfather.

The black and white dog apparently belonged to Callum and Peggy who lived at the house. The way Gillian referred to them suggests to me that they may have been in the Robertson's employ rather than relatives. They might have been paid to look after the house for the family and lived in part of it themselves all the year round.. They look old enough to be the children's grandparents and in one photo there is a younger woman with Peggy and the dog. Is that Elizabeth Robertson (Gillian's mother) or someone connected with Callum and Peggy? Might they have had a relative called Shane who left a young child and grieving wife and might they have looked after that child for x amount of time at that house on Barra, including at least one summer when Gillian's family stayed there? If the younger woman in that photo is a daughter or niece of Callum and Peggy, she might have been Cameron's Barra mum who went to live with them when her husband died or who visited, together with her child, from time to time.

One of the photos shown is of nine people. The photo is not clear but one can make out Callum and Peggy, what appear to be two young boys in the foreground, two teenagers lying on their stomachs (one, judging by the size of the feet, is likely to be a boy), a person who looks to be a barechested man (I can always spot one of those a mile off :D ) is standing in the background talking to Peggy and there are two women seated. If we assume that the man in the background and one of the seated women are William and Elizabeth Robertson (Gillian's parents) and that the two teenagers are the eldest son William and Gillian, where is Caryl and who is the second younger boy? Even if the teenagers are Gillian and Caryl and the two boys are William and Angus, there is this other woman seated and, of course, a tenth person whom we cannot see who was taking the photo. What I'm saying is that that one photo indicates that it wasn't just Gillian, her siblings and parents who spent summers at that house, there were other people, relatives or otherwise, who could have had, at some time, a child with them.

Angelcat :)

24. alaskanlaughter

alaskanlaughter Senior Registered

Wow Angelcat, very well-thought out! :thumbsup: I would love to know more about this case and you've brought up some good questions. I'd love to know the answers, or know if anyone out there has the answers.

25. frl.elisabeth

frl.elisabeth New Member

I watched the videos on youtube several times and I also think that a lot more research should be done.

does anyone of you know if jim tucker is still working on that case?i cant find information about it only some infos about the

documentary.

this Gillian seemed not to be very cooperative...

26. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi frl.elisabeth

There hasn't been any updates since Cameron's story was made public nearly four years ago. I don't think he remembered much more after he visited that island.

27. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

I would like to share that there seem to be some clues to Cameron´s identity that weren´t known at the time of this discussion: I am currently reading "Things you can do when you are dead" by Tricia Robertson who is a memeber of the Scottish Society of Parapsychological Research (a very good read, by the way, I highly recommend it) and she, living in Glasgow/Scottland carried out some follow-up research. It seems that the house was frequently occupied by caretakers who also seemed to have a number of children. Actually, the photo in which you can see the black and wight dog shows a lot of children some of them were children of the caretakers. In this context it would make sense that Cameron said that he "was part" or "belonged" (I need to look it up) to the Robertson family...I will try to contact the society as I have no contact information for Tricia Robertson and ask if they are going to publish a paper once further information is obtained...

28. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

That would be interesting. When the Robertson family member stated there was no one named Sean who was struck and killed by an auto I thought it should be possible to research and find a news story that matched what Cameron was saying.

29. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Yesterday, I was able to contact Mrs. Tricia Robertson directly via facebook and she was so kind to inform me that she was not able to trace the caretaker family but that she hopes someone reading the book might be helpful. So maybe, if anyone on this forum (and I know that there are people that already helped members here to find information about their past life-selves, gifted researchers!) lives in Glasgow or elsewhere in Scottland she or he could help gather information? This case is a strong one, the only immense flaw lies in the lack of a matching person...

30. Sally

Sally New Member

Hi there. Joined the site 2mins ago, searched for people interested in Cameron McCauley's Past Life memories of Barra. This will greatly surprise you but Im also in Glasgow & Past Life linked to the surname Robertson & to Barra; The cottage I've been led (by a stranger who approached me as I sat in my van one afternoon, leaned in & spoke of a Wedding Invitation) is on Barra and is also a white cottage with rock pools, within sight of the planes landing on the beach. If you'd like to know more, feel free to get in touch.

briski likes this.