• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Carol Bowman lecture, new version

Steve

Grand Poobah
Super Moderator
Carol gave this lecture in 2017 at a local library. The lecture was sponsored by MUFON. We knew it was being taped, but we didn't know that MUFON was going to post it and promote it online. That version got more than a million views. But then, for reasons we never understood, they took it down.

Now we've posted a new version. I re-edited to take out the Q&A, which wasn't all that interesting. I also had to take out a few seconds at the request of @BabyRN, to protect the identity of her firefighter son, "9/11 Baby." (We included a good summary of the 9/11 Baby case in the Beyond Belief essay, which I just posted here a minute ago as well.)

Here's the link to the edited video.

Please share and like and comment, etc. It's a good summary of Carol's work and her thinking. She was in really good form that night, too; this is a sample of Carol at her lecturing best.

Steve

Deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
I watched the whole thing on my TV last night. Carol - you did a GREAT job and even though I was aware of most of the cases you spoke of - there where a few key points I hadn't heard you mention before.
So if you are a member here, (even if you're not) and want to get a feel for Carol, her work and research, I HIGHLY recommend people take the time to watch this. BRAVO! I am already spreading the word between family and friends.

spacely

She's a great author I've read both the books. But all of this just proves that souls are being forced to erase themselves through the process of reincarnation. No human personality would choose this. Therefore it's being forced on us.

spacely

I remember this scary evidence of Spirit stalking a couple as-yet to become pregnant:
https://www.reincarnationresearch.com/past-life-story-of-james-huston-jr-james-leininger/

Evidence of Spirit Beings in a Reincarnation Case and the Planning of a Lifetime in the Huston | Leininger Case
In addition to providing strong evidence of reincarnation, there are several incidents relating to James’s story which provide evidence of the existence of spirit beings.

One of the most dramatic involves statements made by James in which he said that he picked Bruce and Andrea as parents, while the soul of little James was still in the spirit world.
James had told Bruce that he saw Bruce and Andrea when they were vacationing at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Honolulu. Little James called it the “big pink hotel” in Hawaii, which the Royal Hawaiian is.

In fact, Bruce and Andrea were at the Royal Hawaiian 5 weeks before Andrea become pregnant with James. Bruce and Andrea had never told James about their Hawaiian vacation. As such, little James knew about their stay at the Royal Hawaiian by paranormal means. I would suggest that the soul of James Leininger was indeed able to observe his future parents from the spirit world and that the souls of Andrea, Bruce and James all agreed to, that is planned, to create the family that they did. (27) Indeed, it is very likely that these three have a prior past life connection.​

Spirit brings unwanted trauma of previous deaths into our kids. We cannot stop it. Then we need to come up with therapy to counter it. Now, it's nature+nuture+soul. And we cannot control what "soul" we happen to get.

I don't consider this to be "good news" of life after death. A "human" personality can only exist when bombarded with the senses all day. That's how we cam into existence. You take all that way, you no longer have a "human".

Why are they inside us?

Speedwell

Staff member
Super Moderator
She's a great author I've read both the books. But all of this just proves that souls are being forced to erase themselves through the process of reincarnation. No human personality would choose this. Therefore it's being forced on us.
Well, the assertion that "no human personality would choose this" is not an obvious or inherently true idea. After all, many people go through horrific experiences such as an abusive childhood or being caught up in warfare whether as a civilian or otherwise. In later years, people often wish they could forget, remembering may be a curse, not a blessing.

Think of it another way, say a person works in a particular profession and acquires skills, understands all the jargon and terminology around that job. Years later they may, for various reasons, switch to a completely different field of work. The new field requires different skills and different terminology. As a natural process, the older knowledge will move into the background. Some of it will remain, but a lot of the fine details will gradually be forgotten.

The process of forgetting one thing as we learn another is not inherently something bad or forced upon us. It may just as well be something chosen and welcomed. In fact how can one play a piece of music while still hearing a completely different song inside one's head? In order to do anything creative, the current activity must receive full attention, not what we were doing yesterday or even ten minutes ago.

I don't think we really forget permanently. It is only really a matter of where our attention is focussed at present.

Tinnos

There's quite a few things that not only do I want to forget FOREVER, but I wish everyone else would forget too! Make it like it never happened....

spacely

Think of it another way, say a person works in a particular profession and acquires skills, understands all the jargon and terminology around that job. Years later they may, for various reasons, switch to a completely different field of work. The new field requires different skills and different terminology. As a natural process, the older knowledge will move into the background. Some of it will remain, but a lot of the fine details will gradually be forgotten.

The process of forgetting one thing as we learn another is not inherently something bad or forced upon us. It may just as well be something chosen and welcomed. In fact how can one play a piece of music while still hearing a completely different song inside one's head? In order to do anything creative, the current activity must receive full attention, not what we were doing yesterday or even ten minutes ago.

I don't think we really forget permanently. It is only really a matter of where our attention is focussed at present.
Human's have continuous personalities. No matter your experience, you remember what you did, and why, because it's always you. A Soul dives into many "personalities", and collects much from each... which can no longer be YOU. An Oversoul is a vessel to collect lessons, and if it didn't like you, you may not even be remembered. Rude.

Anything other than "we existing 24/7 up there forever" will not be "life after death". Let's get proof what's going on: find a Cave Man who existed 10,000 years ago in the afterlife. Is he still that caveman, except he's been around the afterlife doing interesting things, and viewing Earth Events to keep up on developments... but still remembers his personality from long ago? Or was he destroyed via reincarnation so experienced no new events with his old personality?

Are we not good enough to just be left to exist up there?

Speedwell

Staff member
Super Moderator
A lot of this discussion is heading towards what I regard as abstract theory. So much is said by so many - different religions, those who describe themselves as mediums or as channellers. All contribute a piece of the picture. But trying to join it all together - we find contradictions, overlapping sometimes similar, sometimes different viewpoints. Personally I don't seek any fixed and absolute answers. I suspect things are somehow very much simpler than all of this.

For me its possible for each earthly existence to be different yet all the same.

Making sense of that seeming contradiction is partly a matter of not taking our human language and our words too seriously. Words can explain, but they can also lock us into fixed and inflexible ways of understanding. I suspect that simple understanding is something which our words don't fit, it may be beyond words.