characteristics of children who remember

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by vicky, Feb 1, 2007.

1. vicky

vicky Senior Member

There may already be threads out there on this but none that I found during a quick search.

I was wondering if anyone has researched what other characteristics kids that remember their past lives share?

I have heard that many Indigo kids were early talkers. Many Indigo kids recall past lives. I am curious if there is a link between ADD and past life recall, early speech, giftedness, trouble falling asleep etc.

These are all things my 6 year old son has/does. We have suspected he has mild ADD for quite awhile but now his teacher asked us if we would consider medicating him. (the answer is no we won't medicate him-his problem is not severe enough) Last year the school counselor, who he also told about his past life memories, observed him for ADD and thought his past life memories might be distracting him. Our son, at that time, told us that he could hear other people's feelings/thoughts and that distracts him. This year, he doesn't speak much about any of that kind of thing--no or little past life stuff, no angel talk, talk about heaven before he was born. All gone or mostly gone but still he distracts so easily.

Any ideas or does any one out there have kids that remember their past lives that also have other characteristics?

Vicky

2. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I'm 40, but have or had just about every traits/characteristic you listed.

I have mild ADD (without the H). I had always had trouble falling asleep (mind too busy) until the past few years and occasionally, I still have difficulty. I also *hate* mornings. I'm "gifted" in many creative ways, I talked early and haven't shut up yet.

I don't recall past life memories from when I was a child, angels, heaven memories or any of that. However, I was essentially born with an abnormal phobia of fire (which I feel certain is PL related) and I've had some of the other "sensitivities" you mentioned.

When my son was younger, he was diagnosed with mild ADD and I was vehemently against medicating him (I've had lots of reallllly bad experiences with a variety of prescription drugs, so I typically stay as far away as I can!) I just saw him as being oppositional. Then one day I ironically realized I had ADD (I'd had a cold and took some cold medicine that happened to work the same way as the typical ADD meds) ... I was FLOORED at the difference. I had learned every coping skill in the book, but the medicine suddenly took the "clutter" out of my head and all of the cogs finally clicked into place. I decided to try Rx treatment regularly and now I actually finish tasks I start. I now wish they knew more about ADD when I was young ... then maybe I'd have good grades on my report cards instead of comments like: "so much potential, but day dreams too much" or "talks too much" or "is lazy." The medication has not changed who I am ... it just helped the cogs suddenly click into place. I do know that it doesn't work for everybody the same way and if it isn't genuinely ADD, it won't (yes, I still believe the meds are far over-prescribed). But please reconsider. I cried for a week when I realized I could have made my son's life easier and I didn't because I chose not to medicate him.

Yes, my son falls into the same category, but without memories ... just curious likes and dislikes. He's 20 now.

So exactly what is it that you want to know?

3. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Well I think (without any medical qualifications) that ADD is way over-diagnosed these days, mostly as a way of further enriching the drug companies in my view. I know there are genuine cases where medication works miracles, but I think many doctors are a bit hasty in pulling out the old prescription pad. I decry the tendency in our society to medicalise and medicate every little (especially emotional) thing. One day, if we keep this up, we will all be identical glassy-eyed zombies!

I think many children nowadays would benefit from a bit more physical activity, parental discipline/face-time and less sugary food. I think more running around the in park and less TV would work wonders, but I digress....

All that said, when I was a child (and still to some extent) I was often described as fidgety, a chatterbox, extroverted, speedy, hyper as well as dreamy and vague. Maybe fortunately for me ADHD had not been invented yet (neither had fast food or video games). So, perhaps there is a pattern there?

I was reading that a sudden and violent death does seem to correlate with children being reincarnated again very quickly and they often exhibit a certain amount of jumpiness and hyperactivity. It made me think of missyoujoe who wrote in a while ago about her son. I wonder how they are getting along?
    http://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/my-son-thor.1031/page-2#post-22594

4. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

tanguerra ... I agree 100% that the doctors are quick to diagnose and prescribe drugs, which is why I didn't medicate my son. In fact, I have a "drug company" soap box I step on regularly ... BOY do I step on it. I have REALLY had some horrrrrible experiences.

After I realized that I truly was ADD (I took several tests because I was in denial for awhile), I did a lot of reading and come to find out, I am a classic case. I'd give anything to go back in time and have someone realize that that was my problem and find *some* way to help me through school better ... even without medication, if there'd been some way to work with me "one-on-one" and keep my attention ... I have an IQ well above-average ... yet I made failing grades in school and that is why.

From the PL memories I have, it is possible that I died a tragic death during WWII as a young girl. I haven't experienced the death scene, so I'm just not sure.

Vicky, there are a lot of ADD/ADHD supportive websites with forums and such. That really helped me feel like I wasn't alone.

5. Sherrilynn

Sherrilynn New Member

I like the work of Thom Hartman.

he asks - "Is ADD/ADHD a Disease or a Different way of Knowing the World?"

and then states - "You (and your child) Are Not Defective!
    Messages of hope, healing, and empowerment from Thom Hartmann."

He has written nine books about it and The Prophets Way. I don't remember if he talks about reincarnation but he does talk about alot of spiritual stuff.

6. traveler

traveler Senior Registered

I have mild ADD among other issues, but have never medicated for it specifically. I have been medicated for anxiety and depression, and those meds work wonders. With those problems under control, I can use other coping methods to manage the ADD.

Neither of my children appear to have any similar problems, and neither of them have ever appeared to have past life memories. I have had past life memories for as long as I can remember. Most of them are violent or traumatic deaths. I actually believe that many of my emotional problems in this life are carry-overs from unresolved issues in the past. It seems sort of like a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder that has carried over from death experiences in the past.

7. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Whatever people's views are on ADD, medication and its merits etc. perhaps there is a bit of a pattern in people who are a bit 'jumpy' and past life memories, particularly traumatic ones?

Does anyone else out there experience a certain amount of 'hyperactivity' and a lot of upsetting memories, particularly since childhood?

For those placid and less easily ruffled souls, what about you? Interesting to see if there is a pattern.

8. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Thanks Sherilynn for the book suggestion. I read "The Prophets Way" many years ago and liked it. Any book on ADD is better than the one my son's teacher gave me called "They Can But They Won't." It was written in 1991. That's like reading a book about treatment of AIDS written in 1991.

I have long suspected that I have ADD and reading through websites lately for my son has completely confirmed that.

I asked the question because I read somewhere that some kids that are considered Indigo kids have not lived that many lifetimes on earth and all is new to them. They often have food and other environmental allergies, are sensitive to light, loud noises, have sleep trouble, ADD or ADHD, as well as some psychic tendencies and past life recall.

I guess I'm just wondering if it maybe isn't a neurological problem after all but just maybe the by product of being, not necessarily a new soul, but a soul new to earth.

I bet everyone knows kids like this. I'm thinking there is a relationship somehow.

Its not that I'm afraid that my child has some issues, I just don't want to pathologize him unnecessarily. We really noticed his inability to focus right after he first mentioned his past life to us. Coincidentally, that is the same time he started kindergarten and more was expected of him. So, it is possible it is not related, just seems to me that a lot of these kids have some of the same characteristics.

Vicky