On childhood interests:
* As a youngster, I remember playing as a mock shopkeeper (complete with miscellaneous items from around our house, and a backyard that simulated a shop, and a shop’s stock). I also remember enjoying illustrated books, TV cartoons, and variety-shows that portrayed examples of shopkeepers and their staff!
* Growing-up, I remember the "Warner Brothers" Cartoons i.e., Daffy-Duck, Porky-Pig, etc. that depicted styles from the 1930s to the 1950s. Some other cartoons e.g., The Pink Panther, and Popeye cartoons (esp. the older cartoons) showed a 1930-1940s styles; the time I felt my PL lived.
* Viewing media content common back at the time of a person's childhood i.e., photographs, music, TV Shows, radio-shows, commercials, news events, etc. may also act as "bridges" leading to possible PL memories.
* Many childhood images e.g., home-movies contain background features such as items that convey the styles/fashions, and places of the time. If one's incarnation between two lives was only a few short years, then the styles of the time may remain quite similar throughout past, and present lives. Personally, I feel that my present life began less than five years after my PL died.
* Tactile (touch) memories of decades-old items in the family may act “as a trigger of sorts.”
* Personally, I have strong long-term memory abilities, which may be an advantage in PL recall. I’m surprised that strong long-term memories as a child (esp. before eight-years of age) have not provided insights on my past-life!