• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Children that remember how they died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie

My 5 year old daughter was extremely upset about a month ago. Crying and I could not console her. She began asking me if I was going to die. I told her that we all must die, but that I hoped it would be a long time from now. She then told me that her other mommy had died when she was young and that her daddy had to raise her. She told me that her mother's name was Jerissa and her father's name was Michael.

She then told me that she had died when she was 16, when she was killed by a bad man. Her name was Abigail. She said that her father, her sister, Melissa, and her had lived in a little white house in a cornfield in Oklahoma. Since then she has gone on to tell us what her sister's wedding dress looked like, down to details, that her sister had married a "Joe" and had a baby; what the "bad man" was wearing, how he smelled, how he looked, where he shot her, that she was running through the cornfield when he shot her. We have not tried to suppress any of her conversations.

She is having some behavoriol problems now that I think relate directly to this. She is EXTREMELY afraid of guns and loud noises and has been since birth. She COULD NOT know anything about Oklahoma, she has NEVER even seen a cornfield. Before this, I would have not believed in reincarnation, I am a firm "Church of Christ" member. Now, in my own mind, I know that it does exist. I am just looking for help in interpreting all this. Thanks so much. There are more things that she has remembered, but I have written way to much already.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread My 5 year old daughter's past life memories

My son has been telling me about one of his other families, including his "brother George". George has come up before and I'm told that he was blond with straight hair and a brown shirt, and died after being shot. I'd gotten the idea that George was older, but today while driving, my son said that George was 8 when he was shot and that "when George was shot, I leapt from his heart and was someone else." Now I'm wondering if my son WAS George. Thoughts?

Yes, your son could be remembering his own past life. We've seen quite a few cases where a young child has dialogues with, or talks in the third person about, a person who later proves to be the past life reincarnation of the child.

Keep listening carefully to how your son's language and images evolve. He might come up with more. Then again, you might have heard the end of it. It can go either way.

Have you read our book yet? I think it would help you to read how the memories envolved for other children.

Thank you for your question,
------------------
Steve Bowman
Webmaster, www.childpastlives.org

This post and discussion is continued in the thread "I leapt from his heart"

Son's past life

From the time my son was able to speak he talked of his past life. At the age of 18 months he spent ages trying to put a knife on the end of his shoes stating that he used to skate with knives on the bottom of his shoes. He was able to sing along to sixties songs without ever having heard them before. He always would correct me when I told him he was born in a local hospital in New Zealand. He said "No, I was born in Canada." This was before he even knew that Canada was a country. He, even to this day, at the age of twelve, can describe the event of his death. He first spoke of this at about 3 years of age. He says that he was fixing a television antennae on top of the roof of his apartment when he slipped on the instructions and fell to his death. He remembers having a wife and two children. I remember once he said that this was the first time he had lived in a house with a garden. I didn't say anything and he added, in Canada we lived in an apartment building which didn't have any grounds. Although we do not play many sports against Canada, my son will always support the Canadian team over the New Zealand one.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Son's past life

Although I was definitely a skeptic at the beginning I have truely become to believe in reincarnation. We tried not to dissuade him from his beliefs but didn't discuss them either. Each time the topic came up it was instigated by my son. The reason I found this site is because my son wanted to know about reincarnation.

Howard,
My son, who is now 6, started having past life memories at age 3. He remembered his "old mean mom" abusing him and burning him with a "smoker" and eventually setting him on fire at age 5 by wrapping him in the top sheet of her bed and setting it on fire and then walking out of the room. He burned to death. He has described the burning feeling on his back and remembers the peace he felt when he finally died. He said no one came to help him. My son hates fire and was always dressed as a fireman to protect himself. He also would never, and still won't sleep with a top sheet. He also has a lot of little white spots on his back that he was born with and he said that is where is old bad mom burned him with the smoker.

This post and discussion are continued in the thread: Problem with Child's past memories

Tell them and they'll remember

Helena is 5 yrs old and is full of stories. I'd venture to guess she's the oldest soul in the family. She's definately a receiver and see spirits all the time. But I'll tell you the biggest one from when she was 2 yrs old. I was walking outside with Helena one day when an airplane flew overhead. She looked up and said "I falled from a plane." Because she had just come home from vacation, I thought she was talking about worries she had during her flight. I told her no, she was alright, she didn't fall from the plane. She was insistent. She showed me how she fell and the way she landed after falling. She said "But I didn't die. I crawl and I crawl and then I die."

Also (I'll explain later how this relates to the story), since she was able to talk, she'd be walking around as if looking for something. We'd say "Helena, what are you doing?" She'd say in a frustrated, disgusted voice "I'm looking for Tommy." This really freaked my sister out. Tommy was my mother's 5 yr old brother who drown. My sister thought that meant God was going to take Helena away from her because she had an abortion before she got pregnant with Helena. Something she regretted from the moment she did it. I kind of wonder if the baby Helena sees all the time is that baby.

Anyway, back to my story. I told my mom about Helena's story. My mom said "I guess they were right." I asked what she was talking about. She then told me the rest of the story of her Uncle Jack who died in a plane crash. All we ever knew was that he was my mothers favorite uncle, her protector & haven from an abusive home life. He tried to get custody of her to take her away from a step-father who viciously abused her. Mom said that from the impression in the ground, they believed Jack had fallen OUT of the plane or jumped out before it crashed (he was a flight instructor). He then crawled to the nearest house and died on the porch steps.

This post and discussion are continued in the thread: Tell them and they'll remember

"I was a little boy. I died and came back"

As we were driving home in the car two days ago, my two year-old daughter suddenly exclaimed, "I was a little boy. I died, and came back."

Stupefied, I asked, "What?"

She again repeated, "I was a little boy. I died, and came back."

Trying to hide my shock at her statement, and avoiding any prompting I asked,"What color was your hair?"

In her two year-old fashion, she responded with, "Yellow...(her hair is brown)...green, pink, and brown."

I could easily write this moment off as a "toddler moment", but inside I feel it's much deeper, and more meaningful than that. My daughter is just recently being exposed to death--a gerbil and several fish have died recently. I have long wanted to believe in reincarnation, but have never discussed it with her--and, personally, the logic behind it didn't make all that much sense, nor did the concept of any kind of afterlife.

This brief moment with my daughter was reassuring and comforting, especially with the recent passing of my own grandmother. (An aside--when we took my grandmother's ashes to her grave, Lia, my daughter was 20 months old. Lia stood on top of the blank tombstone, and said,"Bye-bye GG(her nickname for my Grandmother)."

One more aside--whether this fits with this or not--is I knew I was pregnant, or going to be, immediately after with both pregnancies. There was a definite energy I felt both times.

What can I ask my daughter without prompting these next few days in order to find out if that memory is real or not? Any advice or response would be appreciated. I know I went on more than I should have, but I'm trying to piece it all together.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum mkaysato,

I liked your listed interests... LOLOL What grade so you teach?

We always ask this when new people come here..so I will ask you too. Have you read either of Carol's books? If not..make it a priority, they are a must read for any parent whose children are talking about "my other mommy, or when I died..etc."

In the FAQ section is a recommended book list, Carol's book are at the top-- here is the link --

Recommended Book List

Are you keeping a journal? If not -- start one. Days..weeks... months can go by with nothing..then all of a sudden more comes through and if you keep all her comments in one place..and have recorded it all while it's fresh in your mind, it will be worth its weight in gold when you are trying to remember what she said last time. As well as putting the pieces of the puzzle together!

Encourage her to draw -- sometimes in their drawing..snippets of information will surface as well. I hope this helps!!!!!
------------------
Love and Light,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

3 year old drowned before/asked how got this body

My three year old son had always been afraid of water he could not stand in-even if I was holding him. We would get very upset if his brother or *sister (her "memories" recorded as Baby in Scottland from 1/22) put their head underwater. A few months ago, we were out of town for a funeral. The hotel we stayed at had a pool.

I stepped outside the outer door to let the dog out, my son tried to lock me out and ran out the door to the hall. I found him outside the glass enclosure of the pool just staring at it. We returned to the reception following the funeral. He climbed in his dad's lap and said "Remember when I drowned before and went up to god" (we don't go to church).

Then he looked at me and said "and YOU didn't save me!" He was angry and hostile toward me for a couple of days, but that next morning he was able to swim out to the middle of the pool with his water wings.

A few nights ago I was tucking him in to bed. He rubbed my face with his hand and said "I missed you." I said "well, I missed you too." He then said "I'm glad you're my mommy again. But, how did I get into this body?" I wasn't sure how to answer that one. . .

Daughter's violent memories

Hi Everyone,

My daughter is three soon to turn four. She has always had difficulty sleeping as an infant. She fought it with a passion and it has only been in the past year that she actually sleeps through the night. Well today she shared some interesting information with me that might explain her fears.

Out of the blue she told me a story about her grandmother who was shot down by a gunner on her way to pizza shop. She said she loved her grandmother and it made her very sad to lose her. Then she said soon afterwards her grandfather was killed by a car while crossing the street. She explained to me that her grandparents were like her parents and that they raised her. She told me they were very old and that they lived in New Mexico. Several times throughtout the day she told me how much she loved and missed her grandparents. She even cried about it.

Then she told me that she killed herself in that lifetime by shooting herself with her gun. I asked her why she did that and she said that she didn't want to black anymore. She wanted to be white and that is when she found me. Her heart told her to find me after she died (not before! We are a white family that lives in Maine)

As the day went on she kept describing the story over and over again with the details staying the same which is really strange since she always changes her stories. Plus she kept telling me that this is true not made up and that her grandmother was very mean. She claims her grandmother shot her brother with a gun after he tried to hit her. She said her grandmother and grandfather didn't have guns but that she had a gun hidden in her closet that her grandmother found.

As she started sharing this with me I was shocked to hear such graphic details of killing and violence. We don't watch violent movies and she is limited to watching PBS and the disney channel...very rarely does she see violence accept in Disney movies. We don't have guns in our house or even buy the kids toy guns to play with. She does know what killing is and that guns can kill someone but I don't believe that suicide is something she has ever been exposed to.

I would like to find out more and try to identify if this is real. How should I start? Should I keep asking her questions or let her talk when she wants too? Should I take her to a past life regresser? Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Candace

Hi Everyone,

My daughter is three soon to turn four. She has always had difficulty sleeping as an infant. She fought it with a passion and it has only been in the past year that she actually sleeps through the night. Well today she shared some interesting information with me that might explain her fears.

Out of the blue she told me a story about her grandmother who was shot down by a gunner on her way to pizza shop. She said she loved her grandmother and it made her very sad to lose her. Then she said soon afterwards her grandfather was killed by a car while crossing the street. She explained to me that her grandparents were like her parents and that they raised her. She told me they were very old and that they lived in New Mexico. Several times throughtout the day she told me how much she loved and missed her grandparents. She even cried about it.

Then she told me that she killed herself in that lifetime by shooting herself with her gun. I asked her why she did that and she said that she didn't want to be black anymore. She wanted to be white and that is when she found me. Her heart told her to find me after she died (not before! We are a white family that lives in Maine)

As the day went on she kept describing the story over and over again with the details staying the same which is really strange since she always changes her stories. Plus she kept telling me that this is true not made up and that her grandmother was very mean. She claims her grandmother shot her brother with a gun after he tried to hit her. She said her grandmother and grandfather didn't have guns but that she had a gun hidden in her closet that her grandmother found.

As she started sharing this with me I was shocked to hear such graphic details of killing and violence. We don't watch violent movies and she is limited to watching PBS and the disney channel...very rarely does she see violence accept in Disney movies. We don't have guns in our house or even buy the kids toy guns to play with. She does know what killing is and that guns can kill someone but I don't believe that suicide is something she has ever been exposed to.

I would like to find out more and try to identify if this is real. How should I start? Should I keep asking her questions or let her talk when she wants too? Should I take her to a past life regresser? Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Candace

[This message has been edited by Believer (edited 07-12-2002).]

Hi Candace,

First - I hope you are keeping a journal. This way you are not relying on your memory, but have written down exactly what she says, when she said it, this will allow you to see if there is a pattern and consistency in her memories.

Second..ask her about her dreams in the morning. Does she remember any dreams and are they sometimes relating to the stories she is telling you now?

Third, encourage her to draw pictures of her 'grandmother' and 'grandfather' and her memories when she is spontaneously talking about them. Ask her about the picture.."whats this?" That way she is telling you what the image is without you leading her.

I am most intrigued by her memory of not wanting to be Black! Not to mention that her heart told her to be White and find you. Names and dates and physical evidence (although it is very exciting to get that kind of confirmation and is always an added plus for you and her) instead, ask her about her FEELINGS, her EMOTIONS - ask her about her THOUGHTS at the time. The names and other physical evidence will surface around what she responds to regarding these three aspects of memory.

I am interested in hearing if this helps you.

------------------
Deborah

Memory is an abstract painting - it does not present things as they are, but rather as they feel. --Eugenia Collier

Hi Believer:
Your daughter will make a believer out of everyone who isn't yet. It is most fascinating. I personally think that to have some residual memory of our past lives is a good thing. A lot of issues from the past can be resloved with these memories. Else, they tend to make this life miserable. My daughter had previous life memory at about 2 years and 3 months and she used the memory to resolve her previous life trauma. I was fortunate to have witnessed her catharsis. It also helped me to understand the roots of some of my problelms. I think you should carefully observe all her reactions and emotions every time she recalls her past.

Finally, your daughter's wonderful story illustrates the benefits of having so much diversity in this world. Free will is nothing without the availability of choices we can make. It provides us with ways to experience life in all its diversity so that we learn divers lessons in our journey of growth.

Kris

Son's memory of death

My son is almost 13 now and has no memory of this but when he was 3 and we would be driving down a hill near our home he would tell me a very detailed account of how he died in an accident on that road. He described a white pick-up truck and showed me where it went off the road.

There is a ditch there and he would say how the truck was not found for several days. Later that same year we were driving past a bar at the top of the hill where he says he had his accident. My son said, " you can eat there too mommy" there is a very tiny sign that says sandwiches but my son did not read at that time. I asked him how he knew that and he replied, "I used to go there when I was big.

At this time His favorite kind of music was 50's especially Buddy Holly. An unusual choice for most kids that age. I never persued it but I could just picture him leaving that bar and cruising down the hill in his pick-up with Buddy Holly blairing on the radio.

My sister, who is 7 now, has always told me things that I know are part of a past life. We share a close bond (closer than any other family member) and I am sure that we have known each other before. When she and I were cooking on day (she was 3), she smiled and told me how easy cooking was "now a days." I smiled and asked her how so. She asked me, "dont you remember when we used to have to carry water and fire wood just to cook?" She is such a blessing to me.

Just the other month we were in the mountains near our home on a little picnic and she sighed like she was sad. When I asked her what was wrong, she said "the mountains used to be so much prettier before they put in all of these roads and power lines."

She has always said things like this to me and I have always encouraged her to tell me what she remembers or how she felt. It seems to make her happy that I believe her.

toddler says she died in a

I have a daughter barely three who recently began talking about how she died in a
black cage. When she first started to talk of this, she mentioned that lots of people
were there. At one point she even put it "all of my friends were there..." Her demeanor
changed as she spoke and she became very solemn.

I asked her how she died and she pointed to the side of her face across from her chin
and said she got a "boo boo." When I asked how she got the boo boo she said,
becoming more upset now, "a boy."

She has added more and more detail to the story over the past few weeks but I try to
wait for her to bring it up so that her memories flow naturally. It's true that the
memories do tend to come up when she's riding in her carseat or getting ready to go to
sleep!

Recently when she brought it up at bedtime I asked her what she had been wearing
and she replied instantly that it had been a blue dress. When I asked her about hair
color, she touched her fine blonde hair and said "black." Then she seemed to get
uncomfortable and I wasn't sure if she was experiencing something in the current
moment or from the past when she said "my neck is really, really, really hot."

More recently she has said that the "boy" who gave her the boo-boo was really mean.
This was the most serious demeanor change I have seen to date. She seemed
gripped by the fear. "It was really bloody. I don't like this. It's too scary." Indeed, she
looked terrified! I told her everything was fine and that she doesn't have to talk about
that anymore.

In between these recountings, she has told me about dying in a car crash. At least I
think she means she died. When I asked who had been driving, her head fell to her
chest and she became profoundly sad, almost to tears, "my dad." After a few
moments she said in an utterly remorseful tone, "I wish I could go with him." This
makes me question whether he died and left her or vice versa. She also said there
had been a lot of blood here and it was very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back