• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Choosing the new parents

M

Mark Beltran

I was reading the book about a boy who was an F4U Corsair fighter pilot. What struck me was that he actually chose his new parents. He watched them from afar before going to them and placing himself into his new mother's womb. It must take a certain amount of experience for a soul to be able to do that. Other people have just found themselves reborn with seemingly no say in where they go next. Any thoughts about this?

Well people may not have memories of a choosing process or perhaps even if their parents have been their parents before. I think it's all case by case.

From my experience, I think people who feel more drawn to ethnic cultures, tend to reincarnate with the same family and in contrast, ones who don't, don't. They seem to freely travel where they want to.

But then again, people also believe in soul groups and the idea that perhaps they are stuck or bound together.

My personal opinion is, is that it's a mix of groups and people who roam and the whole process is driven by free will and personal choice.

Perhaps it's like remembering past lives. Some people can remember consciously, some people need to be regressed, and some don't remember at all/didn't have any. It would make sense if choosing parents followed the same concept, methinks. Here are some stories of mine.

I remember choosing my parents too, so the vast majority of my PLs lived in the same country, but sometimes I decided to go randomly to experience new things in life. I also watched my potential parents from afar, before choosing them.

In one lifetime I loved my brother a lot but I was dying of tuberculosis. I told him about my past lives (he was skeptical at first) and made him promise to find me in subsequent lifetimes. And he did—three times. Twice as my best friend, then currently as my sister. All were younger than I, so presumably he chose to follow me. I know he's the same person because he remembered as well and we checked our memories off each other.

In between lives, I (as a ghost, I guess) made an agreement with my friend to be born as his child. I'd been his friend (I guess you could say "spirit guide") for a while, since he was young. His first two children had died young and he became convinced it was because they weren't "strong" or "worthy" enough so after a discussion, we agreed I'd be born as his next son. I should've seen the red flags! He was a decent friend but terrible father. Now I'm not 100% sure how I communicated with him, I think it was in the astral plane, but that's besides the point. It took me until age 20 or so to remember our agreement, and by then we clashed very badly due to personality differences/abuse from my father. Long story.

Before my current lifetime, I simply decided I wanted to be born in a random country so here I am now :D

Last edited:
From my experience going to a new life is a process as varied as the lives themselves, there doesn't seem to be any set system from my experiences. Sometimes there is an active choice, sometimes it is seemingly uncontrolled. All seem to be driven to some extent by the strength of emotions, both good and bad, acting like magnets drawing us to certain people or situations.

I can't remember actively choosing my parents, but I do seem to recall having a potential way in with an older friend of mine. I don't think we were quite ready to try that kind of relationship again just yet tbh

Well people may not have memories of a choosing process or perhaps even if their parents have been their parents before. I think it's all case by case.

From my experience, I think people who feel more drawn to ethnic cultures, tend to reincarnate with the same family and in contrast, ones who don't, don't. They seem to freely travel where they want to.

But then again, people also believe in soul groups and the idea that perhaps they are stuck or bound together.

My personal opinion is, is that it's a mix of groups and people who roam and the whole process is driven by free will and personal choice.
There is plenty evidence that before we reincarnate here , a memory wipe is imposed on us so we have no recollection of who we are, why we are here, and what happens just before we reincarnate. There are people who under hipnosis recall that there are 'soul groups' run by 'guides and elders' who apparently supposed to be 'highly evolved spirits'. Well I did a lot of research on this very subject, and personally found this whole set up very disturbing as it smells of total control. There are cases when people remember to reincarnate for many thousand of years in many incarnations here on earth only to 'learn' empathy! Well, I personally disagree with forced 'learning' through reincarnations as abuse can only result in resentment. I am a seeker, an independant free-thinker, and question EVERYTHING, but do not claim to know everything. However, I know that there is very little personal choice and our 'free-will' is also very limited. As for reincarnating withis same family soul group, yes, that seems to be correct. Yet, personally I find it gross! For example, Your father could end up being your son in the next reincarnation. What is wrong with that..? Well; everything!

There is plenty evidence that before we reincarnate here , a memory wipe is imposed on us so we have no recollection of who we are, why we are here, and what happens just before we reincarnate. There are people who under hipnosis recall that there are 'soul groups' run by 'guides and elders' who apparently supposed to be 'highly evolved spirits'. Well I did a lot of research on this very subject, and personally found this whole set up very disturbing as it smells of total control. There are cases when people remember to reincarnate for many thousand of years in many incarnations here on earth only to 'learn' empathy! Well, I personally disagree with forced 'learning' through reincarnations as abuse can only result in resentment. I am a seeker, an independant free-thinker, and question EVERYTHING, but do not claim to know everything. However, I know that there is very little personal choice and our 'free-will' is also very limited. As for reincarnating withis same family soul group, yes, that seems to be correct. Yet, personally I find it gross! For example, Your father could end up being your son in the next reincarnation. What is wrong with that..? Well; everything!
Hi, goddes of truth !

I don't believe in soul groups, and in none of the regressions I made have I found any indication to the existence of such groups.
It doesn't mean anything, of course.

I don't know whether I chose my parents for this life. At least, my mother was OK, I couldn't wish a better one. And I havent' found a trace of my PL relatives in my regressions or déjà-vus, except for a crippled cousin, who is my Guardian Angel now, I believe, and for whom I had been a guardian angel myself for about 20 years after my PL death. I don't know what does it mean.

I'm somewhat scared by your words about our free will and 'forced learning'. I wish you were wrong on this, but...

IMHO.

Best regards.

Hi, goddes of truth !

I don't believe in soul groups, and in none of the regressions I made have I found any indication to the existence of such groups.
It doesn't mean anything, of course.

I don't know whether I chose my parents for this life. At least, my mother was OK, I couldn't wish a better one. And I havent' found a trace of my PL relatives in my regressions or déjà-vus, except for a crippled cousin, who is my Guardian Angel now, I believe, and for whom I had been a guardian angel myself for about 20 years after my PL death. I don't know what does it mean.

I'm somewhat scared by your words about our free will and 'forced learning'. I wish you were wrong on this, but...

IMHO.

Best regards.
I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone by sharing what I managed to find on the subject after many years of searching and looking into the subject. My sharing is based on what I could find from talking to other people, books, videos and personal experience, It has been a hard journey, as what I keep finding out is rather disturbing. I know a lot about New Age beliefs, and all I can say, that if you look for a soft glorified version of what this movement loves people to believe, then look into that. But, I can assure you my friend, that you wont find any truth in it as I have unfortunately experienced. I spent over 10 years following New Age and it took me to a rabbit hole of many unanswered questions. Yes, the truths is scary and one has to ready for that. What I mean the truth, is also based on my long research. There seems to be a pattern to it, and similarity that cannot be denied. Look into books of Michael Newton; Journey of Souls, and Destiny of Souls. No Bs, very good material. That will help to answer many of your questions. Regards.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone by sharing what I managed to find on the subject after many years of searching and looking into the subject. My sharing is based on what I could find from talking to other people, books, videos and personal experience, It has been a hard journey, as what I keep finding out is rather disturbing. I know a lot about New Age beliefs, and all I can say, that if you look for a soft glorified version of what this movement loves people to believe, then look into that. But, I can assure you my friend, that you wont find any truth in it as I have unfortunately experienced. I spent over 10 years following New Age and it took me to a rabbit hole of many unanswered questions. Yes, the truths is scary and one has to ready for that. What I mean the truth, is also based on my long research. There seems to be a pattern to it, and similarity that cannot be denied. Look into books of Michael Newton; Journey of Souls, and Destiny of Souls. No Bs, very good material. That will help to answer many of your questions. Regards.
Oh, goddes of truth,

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that. You don't scare me at all and I rather like your saying those things.

I never was a follower of New Age ideas, and I don't plan to become one.
All I want is to know the truth, however scaring it might look for a beginner.

I know what Michael Newton wrote in the books you mention and I rather agree with what he puts there.
Maybe it's time for me to re-read them again, some day I'll do it.

I appreciate your talking about your experience in studying these matters, and I rather agree with your judgments.

Wish you all the best.

Yours, very truly,

Best Regards from Cyrus.

IMHO.

Regarding soul groups.. there's two takes on the topic. One may be simply a group of souls who travel and reincarnate together with no other association that perhaps the simple choice of doing so. As I was saying, in my experience, people in ethnic cultures tend to reincarnate as a group vs those in non ethnic cultures.

A former member here once said, with some credibility, that he and I may have been in the same origin group. That is to say, perhaps a soul group or group of energy that split off from the main group. The main group being the combined whole of energy that we all descended from.

So there may be several interpretations of what a soul group is.
As far as free will goes, I do think that is the rule of the law on the other side. But I do also think we are guided as well, much as parents teach their children.

You can take me as an example, in the life previous to my last, I had unrestricted free will and I came out on top. Yet in my last life, I had no free agency at all, despite being in a similar position, status wise. In my current life, I now struggle with the idea that I have free will within the confines of a structured and ordered society.

The question that I am grappling with now is did I choose my previous life, perhaps poorly? or was I guided to it, as a contrast to my life before? From what I can tell, I've had many, many lives on this planet where I've done nothing but good for people. So it's quite hard for me to see my past life as some kind of punishment. Objectively though, I can see it as a personal learning experience as the world was in transition from the past, to modernity. I was living at the turn of the 19th century. Look at the world now. Kings, queens and religious leaders have very little power. I'm struggling to find my place in it now.

But that's me, having to adapt to a changing world. It's not a punishment of any kind. I guess my advice here is to be objective when trying to make an analysis. If a soul lived many thousands of lives, trying to learn empathy, how do we know that they didn't ask for that themselves? I am very certain that there are many people who willingly live lives over and over at the bottom rungs and fringes of society and I personally find it hard to believe that any kind of spirit guide would allow that in lieu of any kind of learning or evolutionary process. For me, I tend to believe that one who is in the process of lesson learning, has chosen to do so. And those who aren't, have chosen that as well.

Back