• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Controversial take on past life memories

neoromantika

Don't you notice that a lot of people recently (by recently I mean, a couple of years) claim to be either Alexander Hamilton, or his wife, his children, his parents... I actually wonder whether those people are not a result of Hamilton the musical popularity. Of course, if you've been through hypnosis and have some basis to believe you used to be Hamilton, I believe you. But I met so many Hamiltons recently I find it hard to believe.

Same honestly goes for many "popular" historical figures. I understand that finding triggers to unlocking hidden memories is the easiest with historical figures, but if everyone is Marie Antoinette, then who actually is Marie Antoinette?

I can clearly see your point here. I found myslef also giggling when there was someone who told me he/she thinks to be the reincarnated Freddie Mercury just a few months after the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody" was published.

This is why FPL claims are often not taken seriously and while everyone has past lives most may as well be dust under the rug due to the lack of information so it is not surprising some try to claim what isn't there be it for a small ego boost or just the lack of finding past identity.

This is why FPL claims are often not taken seriously and while everyone has past lives most may as well be dust under the rug due to the lack of information so it is not surprising some try to claim what isn't there be it for a small ego boost or just the lack of finding past identity.

Maybe I am the last person to speak of that as I kind of believe to have been Danilo Ilić. But it's just a theory. Perhaps all those FPL people really led lives similar to their famous claim, except, nobody really immortalised them in writing. How many noble women were executed during the French Revolution? All those Antoinettes could easily be just one of them.

Maybe I am the last person to speak of that as I kind of believe to have been Danilo Ilić. But it's just a theory. Perhaps all those FPL people really led lives similar to their famous claim, except, nobody really immortalised them in writing. How many noble women were executed during the French Revolution? All those Antoinettes could easily be just one of them.

Shrug, most FPL claims ultimately are either disproved or are simply forgotten in the noise of the day to day. As for parallels where there is one souls with many concurrent incarnations is something I agree with but the modern western mind loves to impose needless limitations wherever possible so I enjoy butting heads with those sort. I don't like the gender game seeing that is being exceedingly toxic in most sense and ridiculous considering the nature of past lives in general.

I've seen at least three people on here claim to be Julius Caesar. They can't all be right

I've seen at least three people on here claim to be Julius Caesar. They can't all be right

The true essence of the FPL does not post for attention. I have 3-4 FPL’s and to me, they are just lifetimes I have led, albeit in a public arena.

You soon learn very quickly who is lying and who is telling the truth. The person who really were the FPL often uses the true memories to ‘weed out’ the false ones. I’ve had to do it with two of my FPL’s and it had quite amusing results. There are those who still claim that they are them both, but only the real person knows the truth. The stuff you would not find in ANY history book.

Eva x

I just wonder, sometimes, why there are mulitple "claimants" for some historical figures, while there are none for others.
Not everyone reincarnates at the same "time", of course, but still.
When there are multiple "claimants" for the same life, not all of them can be right, of course. The others maybe lived a live at about the same time and places with similar patterns (job situation, family situation, health issues, friends situations, similar interests...).
I tend to believe most "claimants" at first, because famous people reincarnate too, like everyone. Unless someone's first post is "I was Napoleon, and don't you dare questioning me. My neighbor's name even starts with "N" and I look like one painting of him."
In my opinion, a FPL is nothing to be proud of, be envied for or anything. Because others will find it even harder to believe you. The only advantage is that research may be a bit easier and that, depending on your personal beliefs, you have had the experience of being famous (powerful, rich, what ever) already and have dealt with it well enough so that you won't need it again (unless you are the reincarnation of someone who only became "famous" after their death).
(Assuming a linear time line to keep things from becoming overly confusing)
I still keep wondering why some "famous" people are more "popular" than others. Because their life was more traumatic? More dramatic (people love drama)? Can't be the only reason, other people had traumatic experiences and a lot of drama, too, and no one "claims" their lives. Same for the "coolness" factor and presence in the media. Not every historical figure who was present in the media and/or people might find "cool" has "claimants" or even multiple claimants.
Who knows...

Hi all.

I have multiple claimants to one of my lives and I saw a documentary once decades ago about a man claiming to be another of my lives.

What I find deeply ironic is that my FPL claims are generally accepted at face value in the reincarnation community at large until I mention that I've also had dealings with the famous and powerful in my current life.

Its then that I'm dismissed as being a nutter.

Why I ask?

Surely if I'm an FPL claimant then its at least conceivable that I've also operated in the upper echelons of society in my current life?

To me that's only logical. Why is it less believable to have done 'wonders' in ones current life than it is to have done them in a past life?

Its leaves me scratching my head tbh.

The only reason I can think of is that familiarity breeds contempt. I couldn't possibly have done the things I say I've done in my current life simply because I'm talking to those who judge me.

The famous and powerful eat, sleep and crap like the rest of us don't they?

To me, who one was, or who they claim they were, during a past life is not important. What is important is exploring the connection between a past life and a current life, with NOW being the most important.

If you (you in the general sense) believe you were someone famous in a past life, great, but what is the connection to now? Why do you believe you were this person? Do you have any memories that are not based on public knowledge?

In my opinion, the purpose of remembering means something— it could be a connection with someone or a group, a lesson, or something from our past that negatively, or even positively, affects our life now. It just does not seem enough to me for anyone to simply say they were a famous person in a past life.

I agree Susie. I myself have been hugely impacted by my FPLs in my current life.

Indeed some souls I've dealt with over lifetimes hold comparable positions of authority in their current lives. That's the only reason I've had dealings with them. Because it was written, it was meant to be as it had been in my PLs.

I always find it strange that most of the FPL claimants I've encountered don't have similar experiences to me.

I even started a thread about it once.

Back