I'm sorry you have it this way, Eva. I would say 95% of the people I meet in my line of work are just normal nice people and one does not even think about it because well, that is normal decent behavior, it is the other 5% that take the energy out of you. I'm amazed how some can even function in society being this way. They don't even know me, yet think they are in their rights to speak a certain way, are just plain rude, but the stupidity is on them, for what ever the reason. I can't take it personal because they don't know me and I don't know them. One time when I had one of those 5% I said "you know what, it does not say in my work description that I am here to take crap so guess what, I'm not gonna take it ", fortunately that woke up the person to behave better but there have of course been times when that won't do and then I make the choice real simple - either leave or I call security. One time someone was very rude to me but the next day this person came back and I thought oh, no, but the person then just said she came by because she wanted to apologize. There will always be "idiots" around and I am sure I have been one myself too, but we can't let that negativity take over, all we can try to be is a good example of how not to be an idiot ourselves. Also in my work I know I have colleagues that have my back. There has been sudden threatening situations that has emerged and then they are always very quick to arrive and help out. It seems to be you or your colleagues should perhaps bring this subject to the table on how/what to do in these kind of situations instead of just having to swallow and take it. There is a line between giving good service and victim of abuse (word wise or worse) from customers and just having to swallow it.