• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Denial, Re-running, & Extreme opposites

Denial, Re-running, & Extreme opposites

• Denial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Re-runs

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Extreme Opposites

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have been pondering on this question past couple of days. (Should get out more? :laugh: ).

One of the things that has always bothered me about the theory that we are on a steady evolutionary learning curve, building gradually upon our past mistakes, is that in some lives, set in previous historical times, my 'self' has seemed more 'enlightened' and at others less. Sometimes at later dates I seem to have gone 'backwards' - back on the battlefield once more when I remember deciding to put all that behind me for instance. I remember a life as a 'holy man' - like some sort of Shaman - very old and wise - in ancient (we're talking very ancient) Africa. Then again there I am in furs in Germany some time later with a big stone axe getting up to all sorts of mischief. What the?

I have often wondered if time is not linear (which I still wonder), or that we can decide to pop back and forth in different historical periods if we so choose, but perhaps a simpler explanation is that we don't always make steady 'upwards' progress, but can 'backslide' now and again? Maybe it is sometimes two steps forward and one step back?

Perhaps 're-run' and 'denial' are too strong terms for this, but there are certainly recurrent themes to be sure - like interweaving threads in the fabric of 'me'. Perhaps a lot has to do with circumstances, politics, accidents and the intertwining of our 'fate' with what others are up to and so on which does not allow nice neat progress? Perhaps, like most things in life, it is never that simple?

I voted for re-runs, because that´s what I seem to do. However, there might be some denial as well.

There are certain lines, which repeat themselves life after life just in slighty different forms.

1. War-conquer-adventure

2. Spirituality

3. Hedonism

The denial comes from the conflict of different parts of Self or perhaps from cultural reasons. For example, if you consider yourself as a good, sensitive and unselfish person, it´s hard to accept the aggressiveness which might come through in stressful situations.

Looking at my PLs I can see, that I´ve been a warrior so many times that I can almost call myself "an eternal warrior". If there is no war to go or if I´m a woman, I like very difficult relationships and travel a lot. I always need some excitement and adventure in my life:laugh:

Earlier in life I was raised to be rational and didn´t care about spirituality. For a long time I lived to please my senses, but after a crisis the "Mystic" took control. It was easy to see, that the spiritual side had always been part of me, I just had denied it for some time. I think that my spirituality has never been basic Christianity but more like a mixture of paganism, mysticism, magic, Christianity, Islam and Judaism.

The bad side of the mystic is that it is in conflict with the hedonist and wants to deny its existance. No pleasures at all, just total dedication to the Universe. :eek: The hedonist has started to protest lately...:laugh:

[1] In denying our past we try to avoid responsibility. There is no growth in denial.
There is growth in everything. However, there is accelerated growth in total ACCEPTANCE of the Self, and the past.

[2]. In re-running a pattern, over and over, we stay stuck in a rut, unwilling to take new paths. There is no accomplishment in re-running.
You are never truly in a rut, and you are constantly taking new paths with the constant choices that you make. There are many accomplishments in re-running, because you gain a more textured understanding of what it IS that you are re-running into.

[3]. In going to opposite extremes we see-saw at the far edge of responses. We pretend to change and grow, but there is no balance in extremes.
You can pretend if you want, but you are still growing. There is balance in extreme opposites, or what I prefer to call complements. That is what balance essentially is-the convergence of "opposites". This is totally natural in certain incarnation cycles. From male, to female, from war to peace. You understand both sides of the "dichotomy", which is One textured whole.

Hey Deborah,

Sorry if this is a repeat of a previous post but it's a bit hard to get through a year's worth of posts but by re-runs are you imply that we are living a similar life.

Cheers

Squishy

I chose re-runs. This definitely pertains to many of the lifetimes that I've lived with my Dad. I honestly believe that I have progressed during this life in that I have removed myself from a potentially harmful situation and have forged ahead building my own life with my own family.

I also believe that I have advanced spiritually by this because now I have the freedom to believe and study what I want and to observe myself to get a better understanding of who and what I truly am. I am no longer bound by the restrictions that my Dad forced me to live with by observing his religious beliefs.

I am wondering, if people who rerun scenarios from life time to life time are fixer personalities, constantly trying to fix the problem and cannot see the bigger picture so they keep rerunning it in the hopes that they can create the opportunity to change it.
I can see this situation in myself. I agree with this.:thumbsup:

Hi Squishy,

I believe that consciousness creates...what we hold within - anger, fear, guilt, joy, love...is what draws us to our next life time experience. What Henry is suggesting is that when a person reruns --in patterns, similar scenarios, life times of suffering or life times of triumph...it is of our own making. ;)

Axel - I know English is not your first Language; when he says "we" he is talking in generalities. Not specifics.

I'm extreme opposite. I wonder if in the PL I remember I had little chance to hike out on my own, become self reliant. This has been what seems to be one of many lessons I am learning this time around.

Deborah said:
I am wondering, if people who rerun scenarios from life time to life time are fixer personalities, constantly trying to fix the problem and cannot see the bigger picture so they keep rerunning it in the hopes that they can create the opportunity to change it.
My biggest curiosity at the moment is those that choose denial. One of my daughters seems to be caught in this pattern, and it wasn't until recently that I thought about her denial being a past life issue as well as a present life issue. Being a re-run person myself - and a fixer personality; I cannot help but wonder about my role - in helping her change her pattern.

If denying the past - creates denial in the present moment how can someone move past it? Especially when it's about relationships, love, and family. I know - it is a big question ------- any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reading this made me remember something I read on TruthLoveEnergy.com:

An Essence with a HIGH Frequency (65+) tends take in life at a faster pace, processing events swiftly. The benefit of this is that these Souls can move through experiences, gather what they want, and move on. The challenge is that one can tend to skim through an event, missing all the important parts, then continue to repeat that experience over and over in different forms until the important parts are finally digested. Those with a High Frequency can literally store unprocessed events and experiences as a kind of vibrational pattern within the cells of the Body or or as Emotional patterns. Then, when an occasion arises or they get stressed, they can then "recreate" the same situations through their reactions and interpretations, simply pulling in new players and settings, until they finally finish with that particular process of growth. Only the individual person can determine when he or she is "done" with a pattern. These recurring experiences, reactions, and interpretations are not imposed on them.
An Essence with a LOW Frequency (-35) tends to take in life very slowly and tediously, processing it with great attention to detail. The benefit of this is that they can indulge completely in an experience, take as long as they need, wringing it for all it's worth, never needing to go repeat it again. The challenge can be when one resists an experience he or she has begun. This person will find it excruciatingly difficult to leave a situation, while at the same time resisting all growth within it. Since this Frequency is more "solid", the resisted events and experiences begin to settle into the body as ailments, illnesses, accidents, or they can become emotional apathy. If an experience is resisted to the point where it becomes Physical, then Essence will begin processing the basic energy of the denied event by dealing with its physical elements. While this is not a "bad" way to process experiences, it is not any fun for the Personality.
Karoliina - with high frequency

Nice find Karoliina! I will have to visit the site. I can see several people I know in each of the two. Is it possible to swing back and forth between the two? Can a frequency change? Really curious about the whole frequency/vibration thing.

This might answer your questions, Archival:

Frequencies are permanent for the whole grand cycle. However, you may not always manifest your frequency accurately. Someone who has a slower frequency may have been imprinted as a child to express himself at a higher one, or vice versa. If you are tired or overstimulated, that can affect the frequency you manifest as well.
You can read more about it here. :)

Karoliina

Interesting !!! I have been thinking about how I approached my life this time and also in my past. In this life I can sort of see all three. This might explain why I seem to have so much going on!!!--LOL---

Deborah said:
Roger Woolger has documented case after case of extreme opposites. Some regressionists state that this is how we learn, but not stating HOW too make changes. They have also documented many cases of people who re-run life time scenarios or are in denial.

The exercises might require remembering a few past lives just so that you can see the patterns. But I also think you can see a pattern from just one past life into the current lifetime. Or perhaps your current life displays patterns you are aware of.
I see it that it depends on where memories and emotional reactions are according to the location in our subconscious. So for the things that are closer to the surface we will be drawn more to one of these. patterns.

Denial would come from more awareness of the pain inflicted and suffering endured. If our feelings are squashed as in the case of the abused victim , or we do not have enough time to process our feelings as in the person who is under severe abuse, or dies quickly , then rather than trust again and ask for help and share those experiences we go into denial and look for something extraneous to keep our minds occupied.

I wonder that the opposites is the stage we use to try and deny. .. We have subconscious awareness of things being out of balance , so we go back and forth between the two. \\We may remember a life that empowers us enough to take charge, then the next minute we are back in reality having to deal with what really happened to us this life.

I see the rerunning as the coping tactic we take in order to go along with our denial .. So for the person who had had a bad experience they will stick around and redo the same rather than leave those people who may also be involved with you in that negative pattern.

Yes so far I see denial at the root of things. In order to grow we must be honest with our feelings and learn to have faith in love.

Deborah said:
I have asked my daughter that exact same thing: and more. I am afraid a mid-life crisis is a life time away for her yet.

---- I have also concluded she is addicted to the drama. Which I also - do not know how to deal with. I am working on it though. Baby steps. Thank you.

I just finished my midlife crisis Deborah.. what a relief!!!

I found my pattern of being addicted to drama was because i was just learning and just becoming aware of my past life dynamics. So in this life , I felt the ramifications alot more in my conscious than I had in other lives. I found that there was a definite pattern about how I processed those feelings.

I have learned that when I start to feel a need for drama in my life there is an issue that is rising up in my awareness . I am very sensitive to the karmic patterns in my life. It is like I am looking for resolution but I could not get in touch with the details. It was like doing a thesis, I know the overall picture but putting it together takes some self esteem to really tackle.

Here is an example .

\

Say , I am living in another city than my parents. I go home every two months. The time I have there is both difficult , and a growing experience. with the difficult part being the more prevalent . I do have my karmic tie with them. I spend a week at their home and I have had enough. I come back to my home and decompress from the difficult stuff.

By the 6 weeks that passes I am very happy and have gotten back into my routine.. Then , and this has happened for many years now. I start to get ancy..

I was not totally aware of emotional issues coming up , but they were.. It was like my soul knows of my plans on a soul level only, and me is clueless that I am actually aware of it. I am not even thinking about my trip home and am not fretting about it. But there is another level where my soul knows that in two weeks I am going home.

So now I realize that I am actually starting to process things before I am even consciously am thinking about my next trip home. This before lead me to feel pulled alot towards going back to my past life trauma , and I would start to go into denial mode.. and then I would create a big drama around that. I felt the drama would keep things moving and interesting in my life and keep me around people and in that movement I had hoped to find an answer/releif to my emotional upheaval.

It is how we define our problems. I can be feeling I want relief and until I have the correct tools to get some answers I will get attached to something to occupy my time that gives me a temporary feeling of releif.

Now I just try to say to myself " Oh I am feeling emotionally pulled. I do not have to get into feeling guilty and deny that my feelings feel out of whack. I just have to let that difficult emotion arise." Now I try and take responsibility , I figure I do have some work to do .

Now I hope to lessen the time I spend in the drama. I know now that when I am feeling this pattern I am only needing to deal with something. It may be very hard to go through but there is no way of avoiding it. --it is in my karma..LOL

Soulfreindly

Really interesting! I can say I am definitely low frequency as I get my mind locked into things strongly and fear change. I am still unsure about what pattern I might fit, being as I have not been regressed yet but I find this all quite fascinating.

I figured this thread might be the proper place to share a sentence that I read in Jonathan Black's The Secret History of the World.

In a Universe that is born out of Consciousness, consciousness is always the meaning and the goal of Creation.
For me this means an answer to questions like : Why are we here? Why do we need to reincarnate over and over again? What is the lesson I need to learn? etc.

I understood from this that we are here, on the physical plane, to experience. Experience what? Situations that cause certain emotions and feelings within us. Within what? Our Soul I guess, the part of us that always survives.

And in my opinion, the solution to all those questions is, that once we become conscious that certain situations cause us certain emotions and feelings, 'scars on our Souls' (I am talking here about the situations, emotions and feelings we don't like to repeat over and over again, and we reflect on that (what exactly is it that makes me react like this? how can I control/balance my emotional and physical reactions?) - then we escaped the path of re-running, maybe even that of extreme opposites.

How to define 'becoming conscious' I think everyone needs to fill in for him/herself, according to their own level of understanding.

Any thoughts? Perhaps it is clearer for me in my mind than I can put into words... ;)

Eevee

'scars on our Souls'
:D Which part of soul can have scars? face, arm, or leg?

If the soul don't have these body parts, where can the scar rest?

Only the ego can be hurt, But not the soul.

Knowing the formless is real and form is unreal, there is no need of repeating life after life.

My view :D

Still an interesting thread to reflect about .. !!!

I kind of think that as I said before on this thread denial is at the root , with reruns and creating opposites being the result. Reruns because we do not see and remain in denial. Creating opposites because we do not see the truth and are not able to deal with the truth and as an attempt to maintain our ego , we keep on trying on the opposite sides to see if that is the way. If we find the truth and get out of denial , then we find our balanced self. .

wavesJ said:
Knowing the formless is real and form is unreal, there is no need of repeating life after life.
THrough being conscious as Eevee said we can see. This seeing also entails seeing our reflection. Our reflection in others who are in form, even when we are not. If one believes one can survive without seeing others , that is being in denial.. And so I see myself returning life after life.

soulfreindly

I don't see extreme opposites in my past lives so I picked 're-running'...I'm just not yet sure what my re-run is. :)

How can we tell if we are repeating our mistakes?

This is a really great thread to revisit!

I think everyone has a problem with re-running the same mistakes life after life, and becoming ever more comfortable with that role. I think denial can certainly play a part, but this can be mitigated by rising above the ego through meditation and self-education. What happens, though, if we manage to eliminate denial as a part of the equation, and the problem persists? We are not always able to see what is right under our noses, because our mistakes may have become so much a part of us, along with the people that enable us. So, where can we find the proper template that can help us spot the bad habits and poor spirits that prevent us from breaking free?

I once read one of those inspirational books, which extolled such things as self-help, self-appreciation, and how to discover the tools for success. Of course it had nothing to do with Reincarnation; as it was meant to apply to our personal development just within this lifetime.

But, I'll never forget a metaphor in that book, that was used to convey one reason that we repeat our own mistakes. And this seemed to align favorably with reincarnation as well. The analogy is that life is like playing a phonograph record. Sometimes, the record becomes scratched by a mistake from a past life; so it keeps on skipping and repeating itself with every rotation of the record, embedding the needle ever more deeply, life after life. We are in the groove, or rut, so to speak. Perhaps, we may try to escape that rut and progress to some new sound technology. However, it is very clear that we must finish the record first, before we are able to move up to a newer level.

Eventually, we may realize that we need to have someone inspect our work, because we are too close to see what is really going on. Proofreading our own work may be completely fruitless, because our senses may no longer identify the problem. Whatever caused the record to skip has become a familiar part of us. And, every time we review our own work, the mistake becomes evermore incorporated into it. We may also repeatedly surround ourselves with people who cause us to make the same choices over and over again.

That's probably when we need a professional proofreader, who can examine our record and help us identify those choices. So, where can we find an objective expert, who will look over our work, and help us climb out of our rut? Somehow, a few of the good people of this Forum have managed to do so by tapping into that higher intelligence, and they are able to see their past lives and identify the problem, as well as the people who may influence their choices.

But, those of us who can't do that have to find some way to tap into that resource some other way. So, we search and meditate and pray for that defining knowledge whenever we have a free moment. For many of us, however, that just isn't enough time; so we may resort to watching our children for signs of past lives. Some of us may turn our work into a sort of mantra, or meditation; but if the job requires our concentration, our next step may be to find a good professional regression therapist through this website. The rest of us are on our own, and we know that there might be no eureka moment. But that won't stop us from following the "golden rule" and examining our own lives.

As for me, I missed the opportunity to closely observe my two boys 30 years ago. They certainly presented themselves with an uncanny knowledge, which could not have been obtained in this lifetime. And it may be some time before they manage to settle down and bring their own children into this world. However, I'm thankful that we have this Forum, plus the many resources available here. Sometimes, just knowing that there is credible documentation of children, who have realized their own past lives, is enough. And, knowing that we have like-minded people here certainly enhances the experience.

I voted extreme opposites, though I re-run through the same kinds of problems even though the major life situations I'm in are seemingly the opposite of what they have been in the past. For example, I'm a staunch peace activist in this life, and I believe I come from a long line of "warrior" type past lives. When I lived in San Francisco, I participated with CODEPINK actions a lot, and many have labeled them "militant" war protesters.

But then I tend to run towards extreme opposites within each life as well, for example in this life I've lived with millionaires and stayed in homeless shelters. But this kind of thing seems to be a pattern in past lives, too.

Right now it seems like I don't have any power or status in society at all, whereas I had quite a bit of power and may very well have been famous in a past life. But maybe that's because I'm learning that real power is spiritual, and society's status is often as fleeting and worthless as Warhol's "15 minutes of fame."

Reruns, except for this most recent one. In all of the other past lives I've remembered I've been involved in wars and in the military. World War II, the American Civil War, the American Revolutionary War, and even wars back in the middle ages. So far, I've avoided that in this life. I've also always been male, until now.

One thing that has held constant through all my lives and into this life is that I've broken or somehow injured my right leg in all of them. Whether it be through battle or unrelated accident, it's happened in all of them. That's something I'm rerunning in this life, too.

An older thread I thought new members might want to chime in on. It relates to karma in a round about way. ;)

It's a difficult question, I think. My last life ended when I was 36, so I seem to be resolving the issues that he had in that lifetime. It comes down to "opposites", because my previous incarnation never established independence from his birth family, and had regrets about it. Separating from the birth family was a primary task for me. I would rather not have had such an extreme "bounce".

Hmm ... this is an interesting thread, and worth bringing up again even though I couldn't choose any of the poll options.

There has to be a fourth way, I think. I wouldn't say my lives were experiences of denial, re-runs, or extreme opposites, though there were some elements in all of them that fit those themes. I'm not sure how I'd describe it yet.

"Woven" might be the best word for it?

It is as though my lives weave together to create something whole that is not quite seen, but which is somewhat accessible to me in this life and perhaps a couple others where I was "enlightened" or at least more aware.

(In a way, they are all active "right now" in that, if I line them up by experience, I remember those that I'm aligned with today in various part of my learning process. Which makes me think that if I learn to see more clearly I might uncover additional lives that relate to such insights in other times.... I'm not sure if that makes sense.)

When I am aware in a life, my freedom of "higher" choice increases alongside my ability to notice non-linear/soul-guided options and I make wiser choices with that additional perspective. (I can change tracks.) When a life is spent without awareness, my choices are constrained by instinctive/old/trained reactions to circumstance and emotion. The life is never wasted, though. No matter how I get through it, I still learn from it.

Well, here I go again, I think. Re-running a pattern. This pattern feels very, very familiar. Last time when I spoke up and spoke out, I ended up in Siberia. (Kinda' funny, when you think about it) But they did not break me then, and they will not break me now. If I disappear from the forum, you will know why.

Yesterday was amazing! Similar, and yet so very different to back then. Now, at least, I know 749,999 people in my adopted home have my back.

Anyone care to comment on this older thread about Henry Bolduc's Life Patterns?

Back