• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Died from Plague?

MaryL

A couple of weeks ago my friend, who's also a counselor/therapist by profession, decided to take me and another friend, David, through a "past life regression." We did this out of curiosity and for something fun to do, but it turned into a traumatic and deeply disturbing experience for me.

He had us imagine a house and all its details, then guided us to walk out the front door and down a path that lead further and further away. Eventually we came to a river with a footbridge. He told us that at the top of the bridge's curve a deep fog began, so that we couldn't see across to what was on the other side. When (in my mind) I crossed the bridge and began walking down the other side, I heard bells tolling.

The first thought that entered my mind was that there was going to be a hanging, and I felt somewhat excited about this, I'm ashamed to say. Next he had us look down and take note of what we were wearing. I saw a pair of very thin and dirty child's legs and ragged-looking cloth. I had pieces of filthy sacks tied around my feet instead of shoes. I found this image disturbing but before I could think about it, I was being dragged by my feet along the ground. If my friend continued talking or guiding us after this I didn't hear any more of what he said.

As far back as I can remember in my real real life I've gotten the random fleeting sensation of being in this position...being dragged by my feet. It was never connected to anything actually happening in my life and I've gotten used to it and never wondered what it meant. But now here it was again, in this "regression".

As I began to look around I realized that I was being dragged through a street, but no one was actually holding my feet. I was on some kind of wooden pallet and my head was closer to the ground while my legs were raised. To my horror, I realized that I was surrounded by dead bodies. And worse yet, my mother was lying next to me and was, without a doubt, quite dead. We were passing people in the street who couldn't have been less interested in us. They were totally indifferent. I saw a woman holding a cloth over her nose and I actually heard her thoughts, "Good riddance to bad rubbish."

I felt panic building in me that no one would realize that I was in a pile of dead bodies and get me out of there. Somehow, this panic made me fly out my body and suddenly see the scene from above. I saw myself wrapped in filthy cloth, and I saw the dirty white curve of my forehead and part of my left eye. This realization threw me back in my body and I saw that my vision was partly blocked by the cloth. I was looking up at a gray sky and sections of blackened stone buildings. Again my perspective switched back to looking down at myself. I peered closely at that eye and (I still feel sick to my stomach now, remembering it) I saw that it was milky and dead-looking. That's when I realized that no one was going to save me or get me off the pallet and away from these dead bodies, BECAUSE I WAS DEAD TOO.

I still feel the shock and horror of that realization now, retelling this. I was dead! This was too much for me and I ran away from this scene and back to the bridge and across it. Then I just lay there crying until my friend guided us back to the present. He was very sympathetic when I told him what I'd experienced and in fact asked me to come back the next day and process all of it more thouroughly. I didn't want to and avoided it for almost two weeks, but finally agreed. I'm glad I did.

I think the lesson in the entire experience (whether it was a real past life memory or not) was that every life has value. From the most ignorant, poverty-stricken child to the Queen of England. It makes no difference. I didn't know that I was supposed to be miserable in that life...I was quite happy with what it offered, and shocked that my life was viewed as worthless to the people that we'd passed in the street. I'm an artist and have decided to do a painting about this whole expereince. Fantasy, memory; whatever it was, I feel a great deal of connection to and compassion for that child. And for those like him/her.

My therapist friend suggested it might have been a memory about a past life during the Bubonic Plague, somewhere in Europe. I don't know and to tell you the truth, it doesn't matter to me. I'm not really interested in finding out details. I do feel very glad that I went back and worked through the intense feelings the experience brought up.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts or to hear about any similar experiences. Thanks so much for listening.

Ben

Synesthetic
Wow, that was actually a compelling account. I've often wondered about living a pastlife during The Plague myself, only because so many people died during that period. I wouldn't doubt the fact that I might've though, since I seem to question it so much. The one point that sticks-out from your pastlife memory is knowing that womans thoughts as she stared down at you.

MaryL

Hey

Hi Ben,

Thanks for responding. It was a wierd experience, and I don't know if it was a product of my imagination or a true memory, but either way it packed an emotional punch for me. Do you have past life memories? I'd be interested in hearing about them. I'm not 100% convinced that it's what happens, but I'm open to the possibility.

What brought you to this site?
Maryme.jpg

Ben

Synesthetic
I think most people here were drawn to the site from either having pastlife experiences or an interest in reincarnation/paranormal (plus the fact that everyone is fairly openminded) Without regression, I remember having 3 pastlives, with obviously alot more. One, I was killed my a giant tidal wave in Atlantis while I was staring-out of a large building, detached from myself seeing a terrified expression on my face; second, I was a shopkeeper in Medieval Europe somewhere where I heard a trumpet echoing in the countryside to warn people of either an approaching army or to conscript locals; third, it was either in the late 19th or early 20th century, I was interned in some medical sanitarium for a disease or medical ailment, probably tuberculosis. I was around alot of people wearing similar uniforms, but it didn't seem like a scary or fearsome place, so you can rule-out Holocaust.

The Plague and my feelings towards mass killing or 'mass deaths' is something that has always got an emotional reaction from me. Whether you realize it or not, if you have instinctive thoughts towards a time or subject, that may in fact be the residual thoughts of a pastlife. People on the forum a drawn to the website/board for different reasons, which is why maybe you should take a look at the 'What brought you here?' thread above. Maybe you can even contribute your story also.

MaryL

Thanks, Ben. I've had those sorts of feelings about places, such as Spain and Italy. Once I was given a past life reading as a gift. The woman described my exact relationship with my mother in the present, down to concrete details, but said it had happened in the 1500's. If she wasn't actually reading the Akashic Records (as she claimed) then she did have some psychic ability to have picked up so well on my current life.

I have a four year old who said one day, "Remember when me and you and Bryant were just like this in China, a long, long time ago?" *laugh* I had to say I didn't, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Thanks for telling me your memories.

Weimlady

Plague Era Lifetimes

I've always been fascinated by the plague era and have read everything I could get my hands on about it. One of my favorites is Doomsday Book by Connie Willis.

I have a very strong feeling that my father in this life, who was an MD, was also a doctor in the plague era and I was his assistant. Haven't been regressed to that life (if there was one) so no details--just a strong feeling of working beside my dad (who wasn't my father in that life, just a mentor/employer) and trying desperately, fruitlessly, to find a way to help all the dying.

norabrindle

Senior Registered
died from plague

My first experience with someone who believed in past lives was a man that I worked with 20 odd years ago who was one of the best friends that I ever had. He was terrified of mice and rats and he vowed that he had memories of dying from the Plague. I wish now that I had had more conversations with him about this subject. I just thought that he was being silly. Now I understand. The Plague was carried by the fleas that lived on the rodents.

kris0503

Senior Registered
Plague?

My therapist friend suggested it might have been a memory about a past life during the Bubonic Plague, somewhere in Europe.
As I was reading your post, and before reaching this quote, I kept thinking you were suffering from leprosy and were probably somewhere in the East, perhaps even India. The scene you describe, "..... filthy sacks around my feet in stead of shoes, ...... being dragged through a street ..... on some kind of wooden pallet", etc. reminded me of street scenes in India. However, while leprosy can be found in India, I don't think anyone was ever hanged for it. So again, it may not be in India.