Do the Souls on this forum know one another?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Florence, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

Some time ago I watched a TV program about a small town down South in the USA. A person was regressed and later reported that they recognized several other people in the town back during the days of slavery. Several more people went under regression and found that they too all recognized the same town, their present neighbors, and reported that there was a room under ground that was used to hide slaves. The program went to the area and dug down 20 feet or so and DID find the room these people had remembered. It had items still hanging on the walls etc. It proved that these same people came back into a new life together and I feel it proved that reincarnation is a fact. Of course, the story was quickly forgotten.
    I know that several members of this forum feel that they have shared a former life together.....and it makes me wonder why ALL of us have gathered together on this forum....maybe many of us have been together in the past???? What do YOU think??

2. Aaab

Aaab New Member

There is a person on another forum I subscribe to that I feel I have known in a past life.

We reached a point where she sent me a photo of herself and I was filled with overwhelming emotions when I saw the photo. I do not know where or when but I feel very strongly that I have known this person before. We have never met in this life, in fact we live live on opposite sides of the globe.

3. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I think it depends what you want to believe, and what you are prepared to accept as evidence.

If strong feelings and overwhelming emotions were sufficient, it wouldn't surprise me if many members felt they had been together in past lives.

On the other hand, this is a forum about past life memories, so you'd expect the members to be anyone interested in the subject - especially people who believe they have past life memories. However, that the forum has members who believe they have past life memories says nothing about whether those members share any particular past life history.

From a scientific point of view, it would really be exceptionally difficult (i.e. quite impractical) to try to show, beyond reasonable doubt, that any two members had some memories in common that could only be due to acquaintance in a past life.

So it's really a matter of personal preference.

4. Florence

Hi Diorde,

Yes, I believe it would be quite difficult to prove

under most circumstances....and to some people....impossible to prove. I believe that if I drew a map of where my past life body was buried and went and dug it up.....there would be people who still would NEVER believe....grin...

Truthfully, I don't give a fig who believes or who does not. I think I was born with the belief. I was raised Catholic, attended many different churches with friends and thought they all missed the boat in many areas. They all teach one life and they all taught through fear....I ALWAYS knew that was not true and fear plays no part in becoming a pure spirit.

Don't you think that a number of people from the same town under going regression....recognizing one another....remembering the same facts about what was occurring at that time and identifying an area that they claimed had an underground hiding place for slaves is a little unusual....to say the least.

Explain it if you can.......what does Science have to say about a thing like that...

I wish I had written down the town or the program name but since I don't really care what other people believe...I don't make any notations for later reference....Sorry...It would come in handy now for someone to check me out. It was on TV a few years ago is all I can say......

5. Overseas

Overseas Senior Registered

I don't see that as unusual, no. They share(d) a common theme to work on or to work out so I don't see it as unusual they got back there as a group or a large part of a group in the same place. I've read about 'world karma' to be worked out, there could be 'town karma' also :laugh: Sadly but logically PL reunions have more often to do with lesser positive events. I don't know what the rules are but it seems like the event conducts them.

It's definitely something I asked and still ask myself when I'm in my hometown. Not that I feel this happened to me, but sometimes I get the feeling there are fragments of group karma in some togetherness I see...

About this forum, good question! Could be...could not be... I don't really have the feeling I've known some members here from before. If someone has that feeling with me let me know... Again I think if it's not some larger event that's conducting souls hereto, chances of knowing each other from a PL might be at random at this forum.

6. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Science can't really say anything specific about an anecdotal report of this kind, as there is insufficient verifiable detail, it's not repeatable, etc.

However, in the absence of detailed, verifiable, repeatable evidence, the rational approach to considering such a report would be to generate as many hypotheses as possible for how the report could arise, then examine each one in the light of what we already know about the natural world, and try to decide which is the most plausible. The most plausible is likely to be the simplest explanation (Occam's Razor) that best fits what we know about how the world (and the people in it) behaves.

For example, you could hypothesise that it's all made up, or that a small grain of truth has been exaggerated, or that someone involved already knew the history, or that finding the buried room was pure luck, or that someone dowsed it, or that one or more involved were clairvoyant, or that they could sense the ghosts of the historic occupants, or that they recalled past lives, etc., etc., etc. Each hypothesis may have many possible variations which must be considered. In the case of deception hypotheses, a plausible motive must be found - a prank, or money, or personal fame, or putting the town on the map, or making entertaining TV, and so-on.

Where an hypothesis involves elements that contradict or are unexplained by established knowledge (e.g. the paranormal), it is likely to be given the lowest plausibility, e.g. it is more plausible that Uri Geller bends spoons through sleight of hand (which we already know is possible) than through some ability that contradicts well-established fundamental physical principles. This isn't making a decision about what is actually happening, but a decision on what is the more plausible explanation, given the evidence.

A major problem with hypotheses involving the paranormal is that there is no consensus way to distinguish between them for plausibility - in this report, regression was the theme, and the findings were consistent with that, so it might be given a higher plausibility than other paranormal hypotheses.

So you can see that it is very difficult to make a comprehensive rational analysis of a report like this, and even if you were to visit the place and investigate, it would be hard to establish beyond reasonable doubt what actually happened (unless, of course, someone admitted to deception).

As a result, the outcome tends to be determined by the predilections of the person considering the report. Sceptics and scientists will generally consider a mundane explanation most plausible, and believers in the paranormal will tend to consider a paranormal hypothesis that corresponds with their beliefs to be most plausible. An additional factor is the general tendency to prefer the exotic, unusual, or exciting to the superficially mundane, which can bias the evaluation.

Without sufficient evidence, it's guesswork, well-informed or otherwise.

7. Sunny1994

Sunny1994 SUNNY1994

Florence, I also seen that show. But, unfortunately, can't remember the details either. Sorry!!! But, I do agree that is amazing, and cannot imagine not taking it serious. Too many facts there to deny. ;0)

8. Lotus Rain

Lotus Rain Future PLR Therapist

I grew up in New Mexico and Colorado, but now I li
    The show sounds wonderful. I think of course it's possible to have shared lives with other people from this site, but how do you recognize someone who you've never met in person? Many members don't even use pictures of themselves. So, it's hard to know...

9. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Could this be the TV episode you all are talking about?

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-5196/episodes/155916

The Knights Templars (mentioned in books by Dan Brown and often mentioned on the History Channel these days) believed in reincarnation. I've been interested in that stuff long before it was popular ... and I've noticed there are a few people who have been on this forum who also identify strongly with these guys ...

10. Lotus Rain

Lotus Rain Future PLR Therapist

I grew up in New Mexico and Colorado, but now I li
    My husband is not on this forum, but he identifies with the Knights Templar in a big way...

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Florence :)

Maybe the tv program that you saw was about the Millboro Case, which we have a link to in the video archive, just click here.

12. Florence

You guys are soo nice to try and find that program for me.... I really appreciate it.

I can't check them out because I'm on that stupid webtv and the browser is so old on these machines......everyone has updated and passed me by.

Chris....the California people may be the right ones. I remember that after the first several people recognized others ....the people who were recognized went under too. Curious I guess. It was quite remarkable. If they showed you digging up the forgotten buried room underground....it's the right program.

Maybe some of those people just got in on the action to get attention but I believe most of them were sincere. More than one remembered the buried room....so they had to be a part of those peoples who helped slaves escape to freedom....NEAT!!!

As to why they ar back together again....I don't know. The program did not go into that....if it did.....I don't recall. Maybe they are all activists in this life for some wonderful cause....Who knows....I would not be the least surprised...

13. Florence

H Diorde,

That was a wonderful post you made and I understand it completely. I think it's great that your here and contributing.

I just don't think that Science will ever be willing to admit or even entertain the thought that reincarnation is possible.

You mention dowsing...that has been put down many times...ghosts....I cannot repeat the experience of seeing Mr. Droulet complete full body appearance 2 weeks after his death....I didn't create it in the first place...

There are so many things that people have reported that are completely strange and far from being explained away .....Where do all of those things get filed....or....are they just forgotten and brushed aside... I get quite annoyed when "some" people in science say it's all nonsense and impossible....When we can get more serious studies done in the area of the paranormal...then....maybe....we will have a better understanding about the actions of the spirit and what IS possible...

Sorry that our other new friends Gao, Aqualung and Garrett (?) have left us....Maybe they will drop by again. I also wanted to ask you if you managed to read about our 911 Baby that I brought back up front. If you did.....What did you think about that little boys memories??? Children are innocent....he's not trying to get attention at the age of 3

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I am now in my 60's, but I am not as well read and educated as many who are far younger than myself, let alone others who have gone before me. However, I have read and seen enough to know better than to smugly declare some things as ridiculous or impossible. In fact, many of the things I was told in prep school and college were impossible have since been proven to be quite real in every sense of the word. And, during these more recent months I have learned: that a discoverer of DNA, Francis Crick, had a vision of its double-helix structure during an LSD trip; that Fred Hoyle, an English Astronomer, fifty years ago correctly deduced that the carbon-12 nucleus must possess an energy level at 7.65 (MeV), because, he said, "I exist!"; that very young children can and do have accurate memories of past lives, which were unknown to anyone until later verified by research and investigation (Reference: "Soul Survivor").

I know that entanglement exists, and that it has been documented with greater certainty than the theory that gravity warps space and time. The earth orbits the sun, even though I have observed otherwise; Excess rationality poisons creativity; New discoveries come from the "fringe"; And, like it or not, mysteries of the unknown world are what have motivated me and others to research more deeply into those mysteries.

So, if a whole town population seems to discover a common thread in the past, I will not be so smug and arrogant as to accuse them of mass hysteria. There is much to be discovered in this very strange world, and to waste time trying to convince people that they are foolish instead of investigating further, is the same as putting blinders on and declaring that wireless communication is impossible, or that the Earth is the center of all things.

15. Florence

Hi John....Didn't mean to make you mad....grin...

That is interesting information you are passing along and I agree with you of course.

I DO feel sorry for the many people who I believe are in Science and are caught up in Wheel of

"agree with the group" or no more grants. I guess you might have to be financially independent to do your own thing and be open minded. By that I mean open to the possibility that Science is in a rut on the subject of the paranormal. When a scientist has been open and doing a little research he is called a fruitcake or worse....It's very sad.....

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

You don't make me mad, Flo!

Others, however, occasionally bring out the beast in me.

Actually, what does make me angry is attitudes that exist just under the rules of civility, which attempt to imply that being open-minded is akin to being a few cards short of a full deck. Such behavior by others discourages seekers from sharing their interests, fears and concerns on this Forum; and I consider that to be just as abusive as telling one's own child that they are crazy or stupid.

Skeptics reading this thread should know, that I don't believe in swallowing everything whole without question. But, I also know how to keep my trap shut, when some claims are made. That's called minding my own business, and believing that no one has all the answers. There are times, however, that I may react strongly to anyone who criticizes, subtlety or openly, any information that is offered in good faith on this Forum.

17. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Thanks Florence - I think it helps if people understand the thinking behind other's opinions; misunderstanding often leads to animosity and/or contempt, which closes minds instead of opening them.
    In general I agree - though I'd distinguish between science itself and the people who pursue it. There are those (few) who are sympathetic to research into the paranormal (and some are prepared to do it) and those who aren't. However, in the case of reincarnation, I don't see any way that the scientific method can be practically applied to it.
    They say that because it appears to require the most fundamental basics of physics and biology to be so badly wrong that things just wouldn't work the way they actually do. So it is considered impossible because it seems to fundamentally contradict established knowledge.

An analogy I like is natural science as a vast jigsaw puzzle. The pieces are observations of the world, and the task is to try to fit them into the puzzle. So far, parts of the edges have been assembled, and other sizeable chunks here and there. The puzzlers think they've got a fair idea how much of the picture should look, especially around the completed parts, so they're trying to find more pieces to fit those parts.

Importantly, the characteristic size and shape of the pieces is known, as are the colours and images that will fit near the completed parts. There are large parts of the puzzle uncompleted where it isn't known exactly what the picture contains, but just as you wouldn't expect an abstract section in a landscape jigsaw puzzle, they feel they know the kind of thing to expect.

Paranormal reports are like puzzle pieces that not only don't match any part of the puzzle completed so far, or what they might expect to find, but are a different size, shape, or thickness to the so-far assembled pieces - so the people who have been working for so long on the puzzle simply reject them - these odd pieces just don't seem be part of the same puzzle. What they're looking for is pieces to extend the already-completed parts of the puzzle.

Now if, at some point, there are gaps left in the puzzle where the surrounding pieces have strange edges and there is unexpected space for totally different types of puzzle pieces (like an abstract section in the landscape), then the puzzlers will go looking for the pieces they tossed in the reject pile... but not until then.

I missed that one - do you have a link?

18. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

I have wondered about that in the past.

My opinion is that we all do know each other as Beings of Light and in a timeless existence we probably know everyone that is here now but not necessarily in former incarnations.

19. Florence

Hi John (The Beast) Ha Ha.... Don't put yourself down John....I think you are a very intelligent and well read person. You contribute a lot to this board. If you get a little intense because your defending others....great....that's part of what makes you a very caring person....

Mr Stardis....YOU say the most interesting things. I had never thought of that!! I thought...due to my many years on the planet...I may have crossed paths with some members, even a couple of times but never thought of meeting others in the Bardo...

Another member (Titfass) says that being a ghost for a time may just be a natural part of the spiritual journey....I had never thought of that either...although lately watching Ghost Hunters it did cross my mind that a great many people seem to be hanging around....even children....

Diorde....Science is investigating the world of 3D

There are other worlds ...That's what they don't seem to understand. There are other dimensions...dimensions where the soul can travel.

When I saw the ghost I had been very involved with daily meditation. I experienced many strange happenings at that time. I stopped meditating for a while because of it. When I began again, once more I became closer to the world of spirit.

It's a whole different puzzle. Maybe if Scientists would take up meditation they would find some doors to the subconscious opening up and they would find that they can draw information to themselves from the Universe. It's all out there.....I believe..

Edgar Cayce did it every day.....

Oh yes.....I don't know how to give you a link....but if you go to the section about Children under 12....you will find the thread on that first page. It has had over 10,000 hits 911 Baby by Baby rn. Read it....you will be competely fascinated as we all were....

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi dlorde,

I'm just curious, do you think reincarnation is a possibility, but with not enough evidence to even consider it worth investigating? Or do you simply reject any notion of past lives entirely? I'm not asking you personally, but as a skeptic. I read your 'jigsaw' analogy, likening the paranormal to pieces of the puzzle being a total mismatch, but are you denying that those paranormal pieces even exist? Or are you saying yes, those pieces could be there, but there is just no place for them in the 'scientific puzzle' at this moment in time?

Chris :)

21. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I'm not sure how to take the last sentence, because personally I take a sceptical view ;)

But in answer to your question, I personally don't see how actual reincarnation can be possible, nor do I see how it would be possible to scientifically investigate reincarnation itself - for the reasons I mentioned in my last post, among others. If you can think of a (humane) way to test for reincarnation, or to detect the information passing from one person to the next, or have any testable hypothesis of the means by which this could be achieved, I'd be very interested.

However, there are certainly some curious and interesting reports of memories of past lives, which I think do bear investigation. Whether or not there is some exotic mechanism or process behind them, or some interesting psychology, I don't know, but I'm curious about them. My predilection leads me to expect mundane explanations, but as far as I'm concerned, the jury's still out. My guess would be that plausible mundane explanations can be found for the majority, but that there will be a few for which that isn't the case.

I say this because this is a characteristic pattern of anecdotal reports of unusual phenomena (e.g. cryptids, mind-reading, fortune-telling, telekinesis, UFOs, ghosts, miracles, etc). Unfortunately, most are not amenable to well-controlled blinded testing, and as we know all too well, anecdotal reports are not reliable evidence.

But, and it's a big 'but', if a mundane explanation seems most plausible, it doesn't mean the mundane explanation is correct. Conversely, if you can't find a plausible mundane explanation, it doesn't mean some exotic or paranormal phenomenon explanation is correct. Sometimes we just have to accept a degree of uncertainty, or admit we don't know. We already don't know a lot of stuff, so it's no big deal to say that we looked at it, but we still don't know.

If you believe, a-priori, that reincarnation is real, and want to know whether a particular report is an example of it or not, then that is something else - i.e. it isn't science, which attempts to discover how the natural world behaves.

For my part, I'm curious to know whether (and how) these reports can plausibly be explained within the established framework of natural science.

I likened the paranormal reports to pieces that don't match the puzzle.

I had a feeling this analogy might prove a little fragile... ;)

The pieces (reports of the paranormal) are there, and there is no place for them yet in the puzzle. In my opinion, while these pieces may eventually find a place in the puzzle, the paranormal explanations for them will probably not, ie. the way this universe appears to be put together, the paranormal explanations just don't fit. We only know a little about the universe, but when something contradicts the fundamentals of the little we know, one must assume it is mistaken.

22. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I suddenly realised what ChrisR's question was asking:

Established science suggests that reincarnation isn't possible because it appears to contradict known physics.

However, a sceptic's view should be establish exactly what the claim is, and to look for evidence of that claim. To the best of my knowledge, there is no direct evidence for reincarnation (what would that be?), but plenty of anecdotal reports of past-life memories. Now even if we could establish beyond reasonable doubt that someone has authentic memories of a past life and that there is no conceivable way they could have received that knowledge by conventional means, then all we can say is that they received that knowledge by unconventional (paranormal) means. It is not, of itself, evidence of reincarnation. As I mentioned in a previous post, many kinds of paranormal explanation involve the spatial and temporal transfer of information. There is no way to tell what paranormal explanation might apply in any given situation, because, by definition, they are beyond the natural world and therefore not open to scientific analysis.

Past lives are known to exist, as is knowledge about them, and therefore memories. The question is, where do these memories originate - from a conventional or an unconventional source?

As far as investigation goes, a potential investigator must decide whether there is something substantial to investigate, and if so, whether an investigation can be devised to obtain sufficient convincing evidence to justify the cost and give a reasonable probability of a decisive conclusion.

In principle, a sceptic doesn't reject, but refuses to accept without convincing evidence. In practice, if spoons can be bent by sleight of hand, claims of paranormal spoon bending will be rejected. There are many claims, and they can't all be investigated, so they must be filtered in some way. The filters will vary according to the individual.

Incidentally, something that has been confusing me is the relationship between reincarnation and past-life memories.

Before coming here, I'd heard a lot about reincarnation beliefs, but very little about past-life memories. Is it generally accepted that reincarnation means that past-life memories are possible or likely, and conversely, is having past-life memories generally accepted as evidence for reincarnation?

23. Florence

I was regressed and I rmember being a 5 year old little girl sitting on a wooden floor in a large entry way. I was wearing a dress and playing jacks. I remember an older well dressed man coming into the house that I identified as my father. I gave his name and said he was a doctor in Baltimore. He was all dressed in gray...suit, hat and a overcoat that had an extra piece of material over the shoulders....like a short cape. I had trouble recounting when he was born. I said 1700 or 1800's

Checking out the information later....There WAS a Dr. Francis Phelps who lived in Baltimore...He was born in 1799 but lived his life in the 1800's.

Sadly I could not find evidence for myself (Marnie)

I believe I died the following year....

So there is a memory and the evidence that it was real.....I really don't care if Science believes it or not. It was MY experience and I believe it because I have no reason to make such a thing up.

It was a boring little scene about 2 little souls that came and went.

It would be very interesting to me if YOU (Diorde) would be willing to be regressed at some point. I wonder what YOUR reaction would be if you came up with a life that could be traced and verified.

It could be a part of your investigation....grin.....BTW I wouldn't mention it over at your home site as they would surely believe you had lost your marbles....ha ha....It might be fun though....

24. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Yes indeed, it would be interesting... but the crucial issue is the verification - what is acceptable? For example, in your own report you said that "I could not find evidence for myself (Marnie)" - but surely there would be some record of the daughter of a traceable 19th century Baltimore doctor? A sceptic would suggest that there could be a number of plausible ways for you to know of that doctor without remembering it until regression. That you have no reason to make it up isn't really significant - you have no reason to make up strange dreams but they still occur. That's how a sceptic would approach it.

I don't have a home site really - I'm a bit of a drifter. I used to spend a lot of time helping Java programmers on the CodeGuru Java forum, then I found the JRef forums, and became fascinated by the different modes of thought of sceptics and believers... I'm here at the moment, but if past experience is anything to go by, I'll probably get bored and move on at some point. Such is life.

But yes, a personal regression would be interesting and might be fun... I'll think about it.

25. Florence

Does anyone else watch Ghost Hunters? I do every week. A while ago they did a program in which they went to an elderly man's home who was supposed to be a psychic. The gentleman did a reading on Jason while it was being filmed in infra-red...

Jason was trying very hard to keep up a wall between himself and this man.

It was really fascinating to be able to see both of the auras of these men. (Energy field - life force) What was even more fascinating was watching the aura of the psychic reaching out toward Jason's....pulling on it so to speak. You could see the various colors changing as they spoke to one another.

When it was over and they returned to show the film to the older man....he was as amazed as they were.

Of course, Science won't investigate anything like that because they don't believe it....It does not fit the puzzle. But.....it WAS a transfer of information right in front of your face. If your sensitive enough...it's what you tap into when you meet someone you have known before. Science should be investigating the brain, the subconscious, the soul and the kind of energy that it can create. If you can see it,,,,it can be investigated. Science needs more sensitive instruments I think.....

26. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Infra-red is just heat - electromagnetic radiation of a lower frequency than visible light - like the radiant heat from a fire (or radiator). The colours are artificially generated in the camera to correspond to different temperatures. If the infra-red images were showing colours changing or extending out from the person, that would probably be due to convection currents carrying warm air at various temperatures away from them. It would also be particularly noticeable when they speak, because you'd see more of the brighter colours of the warmer air emerging from the lungs.

Science has investigated infra-red thoroughly, and still is - that's how infra-red thermal imaging cameras have been developed. They're commonly used in a wide variety of fields, from applied physics to biology. The study of infra-red (black-body radiation) helped establish the bedrock of classical physics, the Laws of Thermodynamics, and also led to quantum mechanics.

Yes - the information that a thermal (infra-red) camera transfers is the relative variations in temperature of what is being imaged.

Scientists are investigating the brain, and the subconscious. They have investigated the soul, by trying to see if anything physical or any energy leaves the body (e.g. by weighing and measuring for energy release at death), but have found nothing so far. They would investigate further if someone could find a way to observe or measure it.

Yes indeed.
    The instruments they have available are incredibly sensitive - far more sensitive than the human eye, and, like infra-red and ultra-violet cameras, they can see a far greater range of the spectrum. The more sensitive an infra-red camera is, the finer discriminations of temperature it can make. Having said that, the cameras used for the kind of imaging you mention are probably fairly low sensitivity; high sensitivity cameras are very expensive.

We (humans) do have a limited sensitivity to infra-red, through heat sensors in the skin - we can feel the radiated warmth from a fire, and we can feel the heat radiated by another person, if we're close enough to them.

If there is information, other than temperature (or body/sign language!), transmitted between people, you won't see it using an infra-red camera.

All this information is readily available online - Wikipedia is a pretty reliable source for this kind of thing (see the links above). By brushing up on the basics, you will be able more easily to tell what you are or are not likely to see with these instruments.

27. Florence

Hi Diorde....hey guy....another great post laded with information....Thanks...your fun to talk to.

I don't agree with you that the exchange between the psychic and Jason was merely variations of warmer and cooler air. There was other information going on. Jason sat stiff as a board...offering nothing while the older gentleman gave him a reading which they said later was accurate.

I have probably been to 50 psychics in my many years. I admit that many were as psychic as a pair of my socks.....lts of wannabees....fooling THEMSELVES into believing they were psychic.

I did come across 3 people who I truly believed were gifted. One woman who made no claim and and accepted np money tols me to stop worrying about my younger son....that he was going to improve....She told me the information came from my daughter on the other side. (I lost a baby girl 15 years prior that I never spoke of)

I often think many psychics are really mind readers since they tell you things that you altready know.....then I met Sally...Sally told me a male friend of mine ws going to come in the middle of the night and knock down my door I said "Oh no....this friend is far too reserved and quiet to ever do a thing like that" Two weeks later...my friend said to me " What would you do if I came in the middle of the night and knocked down your door?

He Didn't do it,,,,but he thought it. So Sally went through me to him and read HIS mind. How is that possible. I cannot repeat that either,,,****

But it DID happen..I only wish I could tell you how to investigate the subconscious mind....

Edgar Cayce's subconscious left his body daily and he described many things that he saw. I remember that he commented on the red pj"s some fellow was wearing when he went to that man's body to do a health reading.

When Science says.....we just don't know or understand yet....that's fine with me...It is when they say it is not possible that I get irked

The truth is.....strange things do happen and Science just has not figured it out yet....hopefully they will before too many more years pass.

28. Florence

OK Diorde....here is one....

When they use that same type of camera and they film a tree.....(lets say a Fig tree) it shows an aura or energy life force around every branch and leaf of that tree. Then, in experiments, I have seen them cut off a limb and that energy life force is still there....surrounding a limb that is no longer on that tree. I'm sure after a period of time it fades.

Well....the tree has no lungs....it is not breathing....if it's heat....why would the heat still be there if the limb is now gone. If the limb fell and it was heat...there would be a blur There was no blur in the photos I saw..

Why do people still feel a leg present and itching if it's been previously cut off.?? No heat there either

There has got to be a kind of force and energy that we don't understand that connects all of these paranormal and physical things that are so puzzling.

29. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I wasn't actually saying that - what I was saying is that variations in warmth is what an infra-red camera shows. That is what caused the changing colours you saw, and the aura you thought you were watching reaching out (assuming you meant that the aura was visible as those changing colours).

Of course, you could see the physical movements of the individuals (e.g. body language) and presumably hear what they said (sorry, I thought I'd mentioned that).

The problem for sceptics is that what even the most gifted of the psychics can do has been duplicated very well by gifted mentalists and illusionists using hot/warm reading and cold reading techniques. Here in the UK, the illusionist Derren Brown has made quite a few remarkable TV programmes and videos (there are some on YouTube) that show this. It's interesting that the evidence is that many psychics are using these techniques without realising it. Others may be simply deceptive. To the sceptic, if it can be done by normal means (as with Uri Geller's spoon bending), the paranormal explanation is simply unnecessary and implausible.

Well she might have talked to him too...

As I mentioned before, there is a lot of research going on into the subconscious mind - it's a fascinating and surprising area, for example, check out this article. Unfortunately, it does attract a lot of pseudo-scientific research, which tends to muddy the waters.

OK, you're using 'subconscious' with a different meaning to the one I understand. To me, the subconscious is the functioning of the brain that we are not consciously aware of (i.e. 'sub' meaning 'below' or 'under'). But that apart, people say many things, and science can't just take their word for it - that's why studies like the AWARE (AWAreness during REsuscitation) study are being done - results should be in soon!

People (scientists & sceptics) will say it's not possible if they believe it contradicts established science. Science per-se has nothing to say about it until solid evidence is presented (hence the studies). Ironically, scientists and sceptics get irked when people say things are happening that appear to contradict known science but can only provide anecdotal reports for them. Anecdotal reports aren't useful as scientific evidence (hence the studies).

We're getting there - slowly. The way science works means that the evidence must be completely water-tight before the phenomenon is accepted and incorporated into the framework of knowledge - that way scientists can be as sure as possible that the framework they want to build upon is completely solid.
    By 'completely water-tight', I mean that the phenomenon should be well-defined and clearly demonstrable beyond reasonable doubt (i.e. to a high level of confidence or statistical significance) and that anyone who wishes to do so should be able to reproduce the findings.

30. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Are you certain you're talking about an infra-red camera? Do you have a link or reference to that information? If it was an infra-red camera, what you'd see would be temperature variations.

It's well-known that heat signatures will remain on surfaces for a while after the object has moved, so for example, when you walk along, an infra-red camera would be able to see your footprints fading as the heat you transferred to the floor faded (they use this effect in televised cricket to detect whether the ball glanced off the bat or pad - it's called HotSpot technology), but I've not heard of heat signatures in the air.

I can only suggest it wasn't an infra-red camera. A reference or link would help...

That's phantom limb syndrome, and it's caused by the way the brain area that used to handle the signals from that limb adjusts to the absence of nerve signals from the limb. The link above has a very good explanation.

So far, all the puzzling things of that kind that have been scientifically studied have not shown any evidence for such a force or energy, nor have any other scientific researches indicated that something of that nature might exist. There are plenty of things puzzling to science, but no evidence of that sort of thing - so far.