Do you have an inappropriate person that you can't just let go of?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Scarlet_3, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Scarlet_3

Scarlet_3 New Member

Possibly random question but, is there a person(s) that just does not fit into your life whatsoever, nobody can understand why you're friendly with this person, but you just don't care and stand firm in your friendship with him/her (to be clear, they're NOT a significant other or abusive in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM)?

Somehow this person just gets you and you get them and there's no harm done? They're basically like the party a**hole. They're constantly doing or saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, but you still love him/her anyway? For whatever reason you find them loveable, sweet, funny, misunderstood, whatever.

I have 2 people like this in my life whom I love and (ironically, loathe each other) I'll never let them go. What gives?

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Not random at all. I have a couple of them too. I am in PA as well. They might be the same people. Lol.

3. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

I, too, find myself specifically drawn to the loners and the misunderstood. I find the general "group/culture" approach to deciding whether someone is worth knowing is very flawed. Often, the people others avoid for their social awkwardness tend to be the most beautiful souls.

4. famgrin

famgrin New Member

With that, I can only agree :)

5. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I'm not sure if I understand your question but if they're just socially awkward I'm hardly going to get rid of them, given that very few people can handle every social situation with grace, and I'm not one of them myself. (Although I will say that people who are terminally shy and withdrawn require a great deal of energy and I find them difficult to hang out with.) If they are if fact a**h***s I do get rid of them, partly because I'm old and cranky and partly because a**h***s keep repeating the same inane behavior and they're as boring as the shy and withdrawn are.

It's certainly possible to be embarrassed by someone's behavior but still love them, many women feel that way about their husbands. LOL

6. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

The thing is, with my two I asked one night why I felt as I did with them and the reply I got was "Because they were brothers" When asked who I usually ended up with it was the same this time as well.

Thing is, they are both toxic to me. It's kinda like that scab you just have to pick off ... you know it's gonna bleed and yet you pick at it anyway ...

7. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

A Pair of Diamond's in the Rough

I may be wrong (it's happened before), but it almost feels to me like a past life relationship of some form or another, such as Brother-Brother, Father-Son, so forth, that needs to acquire some type of experience or knowledge in that particular type of relationship.

For instance, one entity (who is the Father) needs to learn patience and understanding from the other entity (who is the Son) or one entity (who is a Brother) needs to learn not to be so jealous or quick to anger from the other entity (who is his Brother in that lifetime).

They are constantly thrown together lifetime after lifetime until they finally learn the lesson they set out to learn in the first place, but until then, they bumble along, impervious to society, the two of them "marching to a different drummer" until like a diamond in the rough, the two of them are finally polished.

Like I said, I could be wrong. :)

8. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

I like that idea Hydrolad. That's well put.

9. Scarlet_3

Scarlet_3 New Member