Do you trust your past life memories?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by fiziwig, Feb 17, 2003.

1. purple

purple New Member

Good point Inphanta,

I agree with you, past life memories or flashbacks bring back a lot of emotions, and seem to contain some present life's recurrent themes or issues.

I've never been regressed either so I often doubt my past lives memories. But then , like you said, I can tell a lot of things from just a single "scene", a whole story starts taking shape, like when we watch an old picture of ourselves and we remember everything about the day it was taken, all the details a stranger wouldn't know just by looking at it.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

As the weeks pass by, and so many posts are read; it seems that there is a kind of gestalt taking place with one's awareness. A piece of information here, a little bit there -- eventually leading to an interesting reality, which could not have been acquired by straight forward memory or solid flashbacks. I guess we might call it "interpolation" (a method of constructing new data points within the range of a discrete set of known data points).

That's how every little piece of scattered information from different sources can lead to a reasonable assumption. What is appealing about this Forum is that the many stories mentioned can help to jog one's memory; and when combined with verifiable cases of children, the big picture becomes clear and worth more than the sum of its parts.

These are things I never considered, when I arrived here a few short months ago. I thought that I wouldn't ever be convinced that I would have any of my own revelations, so I placed all the importance on verifiable case studies. I didn't trust my own memories and kept hungering for each new case of a child remembering their past lives. And, I envied the many people here that could remember several lifetimes.

However, I managed, somehow, to grow something of a story, which grew with the help of seeds contributed by everyone here. The hard part is remaining critical and objective, while avoiding fantasies that try to sneak into the story. Of course, I still don't have any verifications that would carry any weight with anyone besides myself. Whatever validation there is lies only with me.

-Nightrain

3. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Good work, Nightrain! :thumbsup:

Karoliina

4. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

The same is true for me as well. I start remembering things that I had long since forgotten, and had it not been for forum discussion, who knows if I would have ever remembered again.
    This is probably true for most of us. However, I don't feel that the memories are there to impress anyone or convince all the non-believers. If the pieces of the puzzle that have been picked up help lead to growth and understanding - mission accomplished. :thumbsup: