Does knowlege of past lives ever drive you nuts

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Batgeek22, Dec 14, 2014.

1. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

That's disconcerting batgeek. I'm sure argonne's question was quite sincere. He's very interested in this kind of thing.

However, I suggest since you have this ability / gift whatever you want to call it, that rather than suppress it, learn how to use it to improve your life and certainly you want to get control over it if it leads you to do things you can't recall doing, and quite possibly should not do, like beating someone up even if you think he deserved it.

Have you ever read any of the Carlos Castaneda books? Some people say it's all made up and others say they contain information on what actual Shamans do. Without going too far off into the 'Twilight Zone', it is possible that maybe once you were a shaman and this ability to 'jump time' to avoid an accident and other things like that you describe, is something you are doing without realising?

2. tanguerra

Well, things hopefully are working out now that you have found people to talk to about this who know what you are experiencing and can actually give you some decent guidance.

I was a bit 'odd' at school and when I was little would know the answers to things, and so on as you describe. It took me a while to figure out that all the other kids didn't see the world quite the way I did! I know how it felt!

Before long, if you keep a journal and note down the things you are remembering about particularly these two most recent lives, something will 'click' and you will understand what your subconscious is trying to tell you? One is, perhaps, that there's no such thing as death, so it's nothing to be afraid of then or now? Another is to enjoy what each day has to teach us, and to really experience everything we can this life to the full. There are so many wonders and mysteries to be explored. It's just too bad for those who don't get to experience or understand life at this level. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you or you are defective in any way. Quite the opposite. You have many gifts.

3. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

I apologize for my last post. I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to talking about this. The reception I've received in the past makes me hesitant to open up about a lot of things. I've built up walls for years. It now even sounds crazy to me when I talk about it. When something strange happens I try to find an explanation that is more acceptable to everyone rather than believe what I feel and see. Most people seem very uncomfortable talking about it. I'm not sure why. Maybe people just want to maintain the accepted view of the world and of existence. I've always known there is more. I've seen it, felt it, remember it, and in some cases have done things When I was younger and not so closed in I could walk outside and feel the energy around me. The world pulsed in it. It had a texture, a smell, and color to it. I could bath in it and be stronger because of it. At times I could even ask it to do things. I would sit out in a tree on my parent's farm and feel the life force of the tree. I would allow myself to extend this sense outward into the world. I could almost see how this reality is put together, but I always hit a barrier. I could connect with other people. With the people I connected with I would know on some level what they were doing. I could at times even taste what they were eating no matter where they were at. I only ever told one ex-girlfriend about this. I told her what she had for lunch that day and where she had gone. She freaked thinking I was stalking her. I guess in a way I was. She didn't accept the explanation I gave her. I stopped getting close to people after that one. Trying to avoid connections.

I have never understood why others could not see the world the way I see it. I work like hell to see it as they do and this other stuff always finds a way through. Why doesn't it do the same to them if it's a universal thing. That's why for years I convinced myself I was just nuts. Even when something extraordinary happens in front of them they try to find another cause. The car in midair and the co-worker in the van are just two examples of this. Neither one ever spoke of those incidents again. They avoided me.

There was another time when I was 8 years old. My dad was cutting down trees on the property. The whole family was outside helping out moving the cut wood. One big oak tree my dad was cutting down didn't fall the way he wanted. It fell right towards my mother. I was a good distance away. I saw her drop to the ground instead of running. The next thing I know I was beside her. I caught the tree. This thing should have weighed hundreds of pounds. It didn't feel like anything at all. I tossed it to the side. My mom called me her hero. She then looked at the size of the tree. She had no idea how I did it. My dad needed the tractor to lift just a ten foot section of that tree. Even though she was grateful for saving her life it only added to their concerns that I wasn't normal. Instead of confirming some of the other things that I'd been telling them and maybe gaining some acceptance it caused me more problems. I made up rules at that point that whatever this thing was I would never again do anything to expose myself. The only exception would be if something threatened my life. I made up that mantra and repeated it everyday for years. Keeping this secret was my prime directive.

4. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You have just confirmed my hunch about your having psychic abilities. You are very, very gifted. But you have been beat up and bullied for most of your life because of it. First I want to say that no one here will ever ridicule you. You have friends here. What you need to do is find others who are gifted like you. There are other internet groups but you need to be careful. Only join groups that are closed and moderated. The moderator's job is to keep out bullies and people who just want to cause trouble. You should also find local psychic groups in your area. Do you know what "Meet up" groups are? There are all kinds of meet up groups all over the U.S. Go to meetup.com and search for psychic or paranormal groups in your area. You will be surprised at what you find. You should also start reading up on psychic abilities. I think you are mainly an "Empath". Search on YouTube for videos that teach about psychic abilities and especially "empaths". You can learn to shield yourself.

http://www.meetup.com/

5. tanguerra

Good advice argonne. I would second that.

As I say, you need to get to the bottom of this or at least learn how to exercise some control of it. Other cultures understand this kind of thing, just not our modern rational, scientific culture. As you have experienced first hand, this sort of thing is strongly repressed in our culture. In other cultures, as I said before, people with these kinds of abilities are revered as shamans and healers.

If you haven't read up on shamanism, I would suggest that's a good place to start. A lot of the things you are describing seem to relate to it - being able to travel instantly for instance from one spot to another and know things at a distance. It is still practised in many countries by the indigenous people who managed to preserve the old ways, including Australian aborigines, although they call it something else. They refer to the 'dreamtime' to explain their connection to the greater 'universal powers'. White people dismissed all their knowledge as superstition and ignorance, but that was only due to their own ignorance. But this information is considered secret too, and was not shared with the invaders, not that they would have paid attention anyway.

http://www.sittingowl.com/00.htm

It can actually be used as a force of good in the world, rather than be a burden to you. Maybe start by getting some books about it and see if anything gels with your experiences?

http://www.shamanism.org/

You might be interested in finding out about the work of Carlos Castenada. I read them in my teens and found it all very fascinating.

Be cautious, as there are a lot of strange people out there, and there are some fakers and people who will try to rip you off. But there are others who have abilities not unlike your own as argonne says and are very genuine. They can give you help in learning how to handle it.

You are not the only one in the world. Why would you be? DKing777 is just one example here on the forum of someone who seems to be able to tap into other energies, partly due to his many NDEs as a child. You might find some of his threads of interest, if only to see that you are not the only one who is a bit 'different' (not that there's anything wrong with that :) ).

This is a good one: My funny Valentine

6. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Hello, Batgeek22. I wanted to let you know that I have been reading along. To answer your original question: Yes. I have been a member of this forum for years and have not shared my own past life memories, only my kids' memories, because . . . I just don't want to go there.

I am sorry your family was not more accepting. When things like that happened in my family, we would look at eachother, say, "Boy! That was weird," shrug, and continue stacking firewood. We did not really talk about it, but we did not try to deny it ever happened either.

7. tanguerra

What sort of things 'happened' Blueheart? It might make Batgeek feel better to know that he's not the only one (if you feel OK to share of course).

8. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

This is a story I can relate to very well. Around the age of 8, the same thing happened to me. My Dad had asked me to watch a 'car jack' that he had used to lift up a car so he could work underneath. The jack started wobbling and I screamed at my Dad but it fell over and I grabbed the bumper of the car and held it up for him - long enough for him to crawl out from underneath. I was standing there holding the car up until I saw him standing up and then I let the car fall to the ground with a big 'thud.' My Dad was shocked and couldn't believe his own eyes. He couldn't believe his ears when I told him I was holding up the car. He hadn't seen me directly with his line of sight.

My Dad went to the Doctors and asked them how that sort of thing was possible. Because I had a cardiac condition - the theory was that my body was producing an abnormal amount of adrenaline to combat the condition. When they asked me what I did - my explanation was past life related. At that age, I had spent many years talking about a 'warrior' that I had 'been' inside the body of in the past. In my young mind - he was still alive in me - but asleep (or dormant.) My explanation was that I had woke him up and asked him to help me.

A short time later at school - a bully had tried to hit me in the chest. I had been trying to be 'nice' about it and warn my classmates that I had a serious condition and I couldn't be hit in the chest or it could kill me. A bully thought that was funny and tried to take a swing at me. I broke his arm so fast - my classmates freaked out at the speed in which I reacted to the threat. His arm was hanging down and I told him he was lucky because I could have ripped it off and beat him over the head with his own arm.

I had been practicing 'maneuvers' on my own and continued to 'train' myself - from 'knowledge' that was hidden away inside of me from a 'past life.' When I was 13, a martial arts instructor whose class I had attended - saw first hand what this sort of thing could do when 'unleashed' inside of me.

My Dad and I had a long talk about it - and he expressed his 'fears' and 'concerns.' You have to know that this sort of thing, as well as 'mystical matters' can cause a great deal of intimidation in the minds of others. That is where the mockery and ridicule comes from. Fear. I got to see the 'reaction of fear' from my parents and family members many times throughout my childhood. To understand the mockery and ridicule - you first have to understand the fear this sort of thing can cause in the minds of others.

Sincerely,

DKing

9. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I have written and shared on the board of my own hardships with my parents growing up when it came to my past life recall – as well as my many ‘near-death’, out of body experiences, as well as talking to and seeing ‘invisible people’. In hindsight, I feel they did the best they could do with what they had to work with.

When I was 8 – my parents and grandparents started telling me that I had to get my answers from “God” because they were at a loss to try and understand or explain what I was going through. My grandmother is the one who took me aside and tried to explain the use of ‘prayer’ or ‘meditation’ in an effort to get answers from the divine. My paternal Grandmother, my maternal grandparents and my parents all advocated I turn my attention and questions over to God and allow God to lead me to my answers.

At the age of 10 – I stopped talking to my parents and family about ‘past life’ recall – and at the age of 12 – I was led to a classmate and we had spontaneous recall together and this verified my own memories more than anything my parents could have ever done for me – and I felt that this happened due to my own ‘prayers’ and requests for answers from “God.” My classmate wanted to share this experience with our other classmates and I was afraid of ‘ridicule and mockery.’ He assured me that he knew them well enough to know that wouldn’t be the case. I was able to talk to a large group of my own peers about their own ‘past life’ recall and how their parents were leading them to suppress their memories and put it behind them. So – I didn’t feel so alone after this. At the age of 13 - the subject was brought up again with my parents and grandparents by someone outside my family.

My parents and grandparents felt that there were others in the world dealing with what I was dealing with and I had to find them to talk to rather than my family. My prayer was asking God to lead me to those who needed to know me as much as I needed to know them. I think there is a big difference between ‘need’ and ‘want.’ I felt God knew my needs better than I did.

When I was 14, I was surrounded by a small group of close friends who all had their own level of ‘past life’ recall and I looked at their friendship with me as a ‘gift from the real Santa.’ The ‘real Santa’ was my moniker for “God.” I had rejected any kind of verbal ‘religious expression’ when it came to the ‘divine’ and had my own language to express my beliefs and experiences.

When I was 21 – I was deeply concerned about my ‘weirdness’ and what others were going to think of me. I received a message in a dream and was told, “Worry not what others may think of you. Concern yourself with what the Father knows of you.”

Sincerely,

DKing

10. tanguerra

That's a nice one DKing!

A lot of people ask for 'guidance' in various forms. It can be guidance from God (however you conceive Her) or a spirit guide, totem, higher self, guardian angels .... It doesn't really seem to matter what form people identify with best, I guess that depends on their cultural and personal beliefs, but guidance is always there.

11. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

Thank you for all the replies. For years I've refrained from talking about these things. It's been hard for me. The best analogy I can come up with to explain it is that I've gone through life feeling like I only have one foot in this time, this reality. The other foot is firmly planted someplace else. I struggle everyday to remain here in this reality. Occasionally this leg tires from all the weight I purposely put on it trying to be "normal". When this happens the weight shifts and I have an episode. Other times some other stimuli causes the shift.

Due to the responses here I started trying to figure out the cause of my latest episode. I started reviewing the events that lead up to it. I had the young, tall, thin brunette trainee and I thought that was what triggered it. After thinking about it that was only part of it. One day she was talking about where she would like to travel. She named off Argentina and then moved to Europe. Specifically she wanted to go to Paris, France. When she pulled up the map of France it triggered something. With some hesitation I pulled up a map of France the other night trying to recreate the stimuli that set off the last episode. At first I believed it was my life in WW1 that was going to come through. However, Paris was not the city that drew me in. Instead it was Lyon and it was not my life in WW1 that I flashed back to and then dreamed about that night. It was a dream I had before, but this time it went further. I suppose it was because I was opening myself up to it for once. It was my most recent life in the 60's. Again I was in a clothing boutique with some other girls making fun of the latest fashion. Before getting to carried away I have to tell you that I know I wasn't from Lyon. I remember a plane ride and excitement. I don't know where I was coming from. I don't know how other's flashbacks are, but with mine it's like an exact recording of that time and I'm just viewing it. If I wasn't doing it or thinking of it then I can't access it in a dream or flashback. This time I found this frustrating as I would like to have more information. What I did glean from this time that was interesting was that I recognized something about myself. This girl had a different body/gender, memories, and life than I do now, but it was still me. It's hard to explain other than at our spiritual core we're the same person, I was her. What's even more interesting is that while staring out at the French countryside her mind was occupied with other thoughts. She was thinking of her own episodes and memories of another life as a soldier in WW1. It's one of the reasons she felt compelled to come to France. Having a flashback in a flashback is really a first for me.

Again thank you for your replies. Another thing I've never shared with anyone is that when I died last time and before coming to this life I was someplace else. It defies description and my memories of that place are sketchy at best. Somebody or something else was there. I do remember that I was upset about having that life ended so abruptly. I had this feeling that I was promised more out of that life. I wanted an explanation. Now is where it gets weird. This wasn't in a spoken language and why it's hard to describe. I was told sorry, you were needed. That's all I remember. I have no idea what it means, or even if it's an accurate recall.

12. argonne1918

It sounds like you were in the "Life between life" place. Have you ever read any of Michael Newton's books "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls"? He talks about that. Also Brian Weiss talks about it.

13. tanguerra

Glad to hear it's getting a bit easier Batgeek. It seems now that you have stopped trying so hard to repress it, it can come up in a more gentle form and you can try to work out what it's all supposed to mean.

You will get better at it now that you understand what's going on. In fact, I think you are getting better at it already. When you get a flash like this, if you can, try to stop what you're doing and go and sit down somewhere. Close your eyes and see if you can bring it back. Then slow it down, like watching a video. Rewind if you need to. Trust that the information is there. If nothing comes, that's Ok. Just think about what you just got and what it's all about. More will probably come another day.

Yes, I agree with argonne, it sounds like an episode from the 'life between life' state that you are describing. In the 'other world' people communicate with thoughts, not words. It's far more efficient after all. :)

Next time you get a glimpse of this, try to stay with it if you can. It might be the answer to the question that's been bothering you - that is what is this urgent thing you've come back for?

14. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

I've been practicing and things have gotten even weirder. As I've posted before I have had flashes of living on another world, another planet. I've had these flashes before, but have dismissed them, or attributed them to some sort of pre-cog thing. I'm starting to wonder. They have the same intensity as the flashes of the lives on Earth, so I don't know if I should take them serious, or dismiss them as fantasy. There seems to be some common themes with the lives I've had. In most there is a farming and building element. I've always been gifted at puzzles, math, and intricate engineering. My parents were annoyed that they could never childproof anything when I was a baby. My mother often told of a time I immediately defeated the new child locks they put on the cabinet doors and mixed up some chemicals that ate a hole in her linoleum floor. I also would take apart all my toys and put them back together just to see how they worked. I remember possessing these skills in WW1 as well. They were praised and admired by my fellow soldiers. They were fascinated how I was able to put useful things together from discarded items. I get the sense my immediate past life as a woman was a vacation life, one that ended before it was supposed to. I possessed these skills, but didn't employ them regularly. I was taking a lifetime off. Please don't get offended ladies. I know being a woman is not a vacation from work. The flashes I get from life on an alien world my skills were even more advanced. I was looking up at a craft lifting off from what can be best described as a spaceport, or airport. In my mind, at that time, I identified the craft, calculated its accent, and how long it would take to reach hyper-sonic speed. All sorts of figures rushed through my mind and I had a complete understanding of it. All this as a child.

Even in my adult life here I've employed these skills. People have accused me of zoning out and doing some pretty amazing things. It's not just mechanical either. I have manipulated people as well. I can observe them and just know how to alter their behavior. I know that a certain word can set into action a series of events. I've had the urge to do things sometimes that at the time do not seem to make sense. It'll be something mundane like moving something. Later something will fall right where that object was and would have broken it. It's almost like precognition except it isn't. It's like I could see the master plan for that object. It's like having a intuitive sense in how the universe works.

These abilities seem to come from another place, a deeper part of my true self. It seems to fall in line with this feeling I was sent to this life with a mission. When I reflect on this I also get the feeling that I'm intentionally ignoring this mission.

I have no idea if this makes any sense to anyone out there.

15. argonne1918

I know someone who now believes they are an abductee. They have the flashbacks and also physical signs. Also the "missing time" experience. During a past life regression they found themselves as a young hybrid living on a spaceship near Earth. There is more but that's all I will say.

16. adorianne

adorianne New Member

On the contrary, it has brought me back my sanity, stability, purpose and self-identity in a way I haven't felt since I was a little girl. I feel like I can finally pick up where I left off! And it's only been three months since I found out about who I really was! It has been extremely emotional, but each time I experience those things, it cleanses me. Like polishing a raw crystal, or going from monochrome to HD colour! No regressions necessary! (I sound like an infomercial oops)

I guess the weirdest part is the fact that I'm associated with some very iconic people, but I don't care for that at all. In fact, it's rather embarassing and isolating. I wouldn't say I'm famous myself, but I have been kind of referred to as such. I think it's total bull, fame. It makes me cringe. 100% of the memories and dreams I've had have nothing to do with being the centre of attention or having fans. They're things from childhood, school, home. Things I enjoyed doing, which was playing music and joking around with friends. One of my closest friends is an extremely well known person, which did drive me nuts at the start. But he's just a very beautiful soul and it infuriates me how the media represents him. How they objectify, glamorize, romantisize, dramatize and sexualize him and it's bizarre how well I feel I know him. I could be wrong, and he is dead now too, but I'd recognize his mind anywhere, anytime in any form! I can't even say I'm a fan of his band either. In fact, it's been unnecessarily overrated in recent years and I just wish they'd leave it alone already...

17. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Batgeek22,

In post #35 you said you felt you had left a child behind. Have you heard of the book Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children Paperback – May 6, 1994 - by Jenny Cockell.(Author)

It's a very good book, and her research to find them - well done.

18. a.j.newlife

a.j.newlife New Member

Forgetting Something Important

That is how this all started for me as well... For the last couple of years I just would have this thought off an on "I forgot something really important and if I could just remember it maybe it would clear my mind".... this is what drew me to reincarnation and trying past life regression... I thought that I might be able to remember what I was suppose to..... I think I have remembered some but I know that there is more..... keep going and believe in yourself... I have found it to be a hard journey but well worth it, it is amazing what a profound effect our past lives have on our current ones.