Does reincarnation negate family ties?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Looking Backwards, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

As someone who is very family oriented, something has been bothering me.

Does the possibility of past lives mean family ties don't matter after we die?

I guess I just ask because it kind of worries me. I'm sure my family in my past life was great, although strangely I have very little interest in remembering past life parents (siblings are another story), but will all that cease to matter? What about my heritage - does that not matter at all?

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Good morning Looking... I believe family ties are very relevant. I think if you were able to look at all of your life times, you would see that you were with them in many chapters of your soul. AND they with you. Sometimes it seems like singular perspective...I/me... but you must remember they are on a life journey as well. I've read some interesting books that talk about "soul groups" traveling time together. I think we (family groups) all have intertwined karma and will meet life after life to work it out. It seems to me this would be a good question for our guest speaker... why don't you pose it to her in that thread.

I read somewhere that generations seem to skip two or three. I for one know that I was my great grandfather. But, like all things of this nature, there really is no way to speak with certainty... its faith... AND a personal thing. You will know in your heart! I've read where some who experience Near Death see family waiting for them in the Light.

My perspective on heritage is that it is simply one of the "methods," one of the factors by which we learn. It changes over life times, and allows for broader experiences through the ages. Each of the world heritages, here and now, are richly endowed with lessons and perspectives. The soul knows know age, skin color etc... but it lives them and grows from them.

Have a great day.

Tinkerman

3. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Good answer, "T-Man", I too feel the same way, especially about soul groups and feel that a lot of the people I used to work with were associated with me in Past Lives (PL).

There was just too much familiarity, comprehension and instances of "Deja Vu" not to be PL related somehow!

4. Kohr-Ah

Kohr-Ah New Member

Have you read Carol Bowman's excellent book Return from Heaven? It deals with same family cases. All Stevenson's cases from Finland and Iceland are same family cases. If I remember correctly, same family cases are very common also with American tribal cases and with Igbos in Nigeria. It seems that there are also some non-physical or spiritual ties between family members. Telepathy is strongest between identical twins, mothers and children etc.

I think too that there may be soul groups and members of the same family are part of that group. Same souls are having different life experiences together.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

It is interesting to note that most of Dr. Ian Stevenson's cases in Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh involve cases of reincarnation outside the family, while a much higher percentage of Western cases seem to be within the same family. The reason may be that Reincarnation is accepted in the East, and only cases involving non-family are the ones most often talked about. Whereas, all cases in the West seem to garner interest.

Of all the cases reported from around the world there seems to be no real pattern as to why some reincarnations occur outside the family -- except that each case may have specific reasons. Heritage may be important for some people, but I think that most in-family reincarnations happen out of pure love and concern for those left behind. In other cases, I believe, there exists a higher purpose which transcends such earth-bound issues.

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I believe an incarnate family is a collection of soulmates to some degree or another, and in my case, we have been together for some time. For example, I was born to my present day wife in 1888, died at 17, reborn to my 1888 sister in 1909, with my present wife as my grandmother then. My sister in 1888 and subsequent mother in 1909 were both the former fiance in my present lifetime. I have played many roles with my current father and mother...my sister has been my brother several times, and she is a little outside our normal soul group but we still like her. My daughter has played that role with me several times, while my son has played various roles with me. I am fortunate in that while my son is the most advanced soul in our current incarnate pod, my proximity will allow me a great opportunity to learn from him...a daily process and joy.

From my standpoint, family ties are our soul connections... eternal bonds we came here with and we will have when we return.