Encountering the Same Souls Again and Again.

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Rob, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Rob

Rob A Very Cool Member!

In many accounts of past-life memories, people often talk about meeting, or crossing paths, with certain souls again and again throughout different incarnations.

Furthermore, many of these souls are not even blood related. It seems like it is more than a coincidence. But how is that possible statistically speaking.

In my present life as Rob I've lived all over the USA. From California to New Hampshire, to Texas, Nova Scotia, Florida, and Missouri, just to name a few. I don't see how, given the transient lifestyle of today's age that it is feasibly possible nor statistically probable.

So why are there so many accounts of this happening? Is there something more going on to make these crossings occur?

2. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

It is my belief meeting soulmates (unrelated in this lifetime, and I am not referring to the romantic sort, rather those with whom you play frequent roles over lifetimes) is not coincidence, and that there are no coincidences...if it were chance, I agree that there would be a statistical improbability that I would meet them...100 monkeys typing on 100 computers for 100 years could never type Shakespeare's sonnets.

It is my understanding these "meetings" take place as part of the tapestry of the lives we plan with our soul mates...it is like an intricately woven pattern and a whole lot went into making these crossings occur, and ensuring circumstances take place allowing the soulmates to cross paths at the appropriate time.

To me, this is evidence of the interconnectedness of everything...and there is no room for coincidence.

3. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

Hi yes I have only just realised this. I knew certain relationships keep repeating, like parents, siblings. I have 2 very good friends and not surprised they have been in at least 2 lives but was also wondering myself when random people appeared in dreams from my last life. I believe I worked for the french resistance in ww2, was arrested, ending in a concentration camp, as did my 2 friends. Yet 3 other people I know now I met during this time & wonder what's brought us all to a little corner in the countryside of England.

Are we meant to meet or is it just by chance.

When I first started having dreams it amazed me the random people I had known before but now am getting used to it and sort of have a feeling when I meet someone by the way I feel about them.

Also I went out with the people I work with. Although I like these people I noticed that 3 of them are in a very close group which got me to think that maybe they've been here together before and so feel instinctively comfortable with each other.

4. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

There is a karmic family - you born into and related by blood -

this is of a lesser importance to something called spiritual family that goes back as far as you go - sometime eons. The word "tapestry" that was used prior, and that well symbolizes the intricate interwoven nature of cause and effect - how you relate to others and in turn how others have impacted upon you - a spirit/soul you, not the flesh and blood you, which is of no lasting importance.

You are not drawn to these spirits by anything other than the universe's innate nature to balance things out to the tee!

Anything that gets out of whack will ultimately revert back.

This is precisely the idea the movie Cloud Atlas has tried to explain.

5. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

AO this is the the third time in two days this movie has surfaced in my travels. Thanks for the trailer. Now I gotta find it. Must.

Tman

6. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

I was really annoyed when my eyes were first opened to reincarnation. It mean't that cosmically speaking it placed less emphasis on my current life's blood family. It became more about learning from my soul group family because they were the most profound learning encounters for me. Still though...the thought that I had been the child to many many fathers angered me and made me stubborn to reincarnation because it placed less emphasis on the love I have for my current father ( he had passed away a couple of years before I discovered reincarnation ). It also made my current incarnation as Jim less of a one off. I'm more open to it now though because one has to accept reality. Family is fleeting but soul groups are eternal.

7. glia21

glia21 Explorer

Jim, if there´s a special connection between you and your father he might as well be member of your soul group. My dad also passed away many years ago. I always felt there was a connection, I had visions of him being my little brother once, so with this knowledge communication between us wasn´t always easy for me .. I`d have rather prefered not to know - it was nothing I could talk about either, they wouldn´t have understood. I also was too afraid to talk about this and also much too confused about it myself.
    Oh I think I still am. :)
    I sometimes meet people and I know that they are no strangers.. funny feeling, talking like you have always known someone with someone you just met.

8. Jim78

Jim78 Probationary

He could be a member of my soul group. I know of four people I've encountered who I know I've incarnated with but my father isn't one of them. Still though, just because I don't remember a past life with him it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I just had this need for my father to understand me. I pushed for it...perhaps too far. Now that I understand more of myself through reincarnation I realised I wasn't what I thought I was. Now I figure my fathers in spirit seeing all the mistakes I made. Be careful what you wish for I guess.

I have met two women in my life who I felt I knew before. Years later when I started remembering past lives I realised one woman was a woman I had feelings for in another life ( the situation with her played out similarly in both my past and current lives ). The other woman was my fiance in the same past life ( I also have memories of her from a life further back in time but I don't know what relationship she was to me beyond following my lead ).

The other two people I incarnated with that I remember I didn't feel familiar with at the time that I met them in my current life, but once I remembered past lives I realised I had incarnated with them before and we had similar relationships in both lives.