Fear of Needles

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by PastPilot, Apr 1, 2015.

1. PastPilot

PastPilot PastPilot

West Coast of North America where Winter seems to
    I have a fear of needles. My dentist knows this first hand, and once he offered to put in a few shallow fillings without freezing and I consented because the pain I had to endure was no match to the thought of getting a needle that day. Some days are worse than others. More recently, it hasn't been a problem, but I still feel the fear lurking. I had to get stitches two years ago and that was OK except it did hurt. I have no idea where this fear comes from. I have yet to be in hospital in this lifetime. In past lives, most of the time as I recall, I was killed outright without having been taken to a hospital, with the exception of a memory of being wounded in early 1917 during WWI. That was a shrapnel wound in my left upper arm, but it wasn't too serious and only took me from the front lines for about 6 weeks at most. I have no recall of any complication from this.

So without having a memory of receiving a needle in modern times, say the last 175 years, what could cause such a fear? Why do people have fears of needles? Is it just from our current life?

2. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

A Good Question???

Now that's a good question, I don't really know, unless one in a PL was ill or injured and had a "Run In" with a needle.

When I was growing up (and here lately) I was very allergic to a lot of things, animal fur, tree's and plant's and some other allergies and the Doctor's tried to give me shots for them, but I put up such a fuss, the Doctor's decided not to continue on with the treatments

In this life, when I was Eight, I had a severe case of Double Pneumoia and was given multiple large doses of Antibodies, equally divided and thought I was going to die from the pain!!!

Yet oddly, I was drawn to the Medical field and spent many years in a related field, helping others who were ill or injured.

So go figure, who knows??? :)

3. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Maybe it's a common fear because the size of the needle is not proportional to what we feel when we are poked. What we feel is usually minimum, but except subcutaneous needles, all the others are huge. We also underestimate the muscular mass. Last time I bought the tetanus shot it came already in a premade syringe with a needle (instead of coming in a glass container and then you charge it with your syringe), the needle was like 2.5 inches long and I thought it would reach the bone, but it was fine and the person didn't feel anything.

4. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I just answered this in your other thread. I have the same problem. When I get a shot at the dentist, etc. they have to wait a few minutes before they can work on me. My face turns white so they know. My old dentist would use "smelling salts" (ammonia capsules) which would bring me back real quick! This did not seem to be a problem when I was little. I think it began when I was a teenager. It's not as bad now as it used to be. I think I was hit by shrapnel in 1918 and bled to death. When I get a shot now I silently tell myself I'm not bleeding to death.

5. Luis09

Luis09 New Member

It is a common fear. You know I also used to fear of needles for dental treatment but after getting my dental treatment from a dentist Hermosa Beach?ll my fear has gone now. His treatment is quite painless. You should definitely consult him!!

6. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Wow that's scary!! I had the exact same fear when I was little. I hated the sight of needles, and my fear was so extreme to the point where my parents should calm me down and hold my hand. All I wanted to do was leave. I also have a fear of sudden loud noises, and I can't watch firework- and cannondisplays. I always run and hide, so new years eve is not a fun day -- at least not for me.

7. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

This is a sure sign you were killed in battle in a past life.

8. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Really? I'm born with autism, and this fear is often associated with it.

9. Beverly K

Beverly K New Member

In my past life study group, there was a man who had trypanophobia (fear of needles). Seems it is a pretty common phobia. I’m sure there are many reasons this could be.

However, for him, he went through a past life regression to resolve it, and found he was a prisoner at Auschwitz. Lots of experimenting was done during that time with injections. Apparently he experienced death from being injected with cyanide salts. Going through the regression cured him of his phobia.

There were some 70 such "medical-research" programs at Nazi concentration camps We looked up other instances of this and found many experiments with injections.

- injected methylne blue into patients eyes to try to change the brown eye color into blue

- injected with diseases to see how the body handled it

- women injected with with various caustic substances such as prolusion and progynon

- injected with typhus, TB

- Phenol injections

- killed by the "needle"

- Liquidation by injections including by apomorphine

- Burned patients had poison injected into their wounds

- Many more

It's an interesting concept. I personally believe that many seemingly unfounded phobias, have a past life connection.

10. Seline

Seline Senior Registered

I hear ya! I'm in the same boat.

I think some fears can be hard to just pin down to past lives, in the case of spiders for example, it could also be an innate fear. People being afraid and weary of even potentially dangerous creatures had a better chance of surviving.

With needles I don't know. It's interesting to me because I'm terrified of taking shots. To the point I pass out. I avoid anything related to it unless I really have to (in which case I bring a banana or sugars, water. I have to lie down). I used to be a "special" case in my childhood years as the health professionals at the school knew how bad I felt when taking obligatory shots. Well, some ppl are understanding, others seem to think you are just making it up!

My dentist is amazing, but I rather have some pain!

For me I think in a past life I've been very ill at a hospital, I saw myself in shock in one. I also suspect some relation to concentration camps during WW2, but can't be sure.

11. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

I'm also afraid of taking alcohol, and I've never been drunk before because of my fear. I think that small children are very annoying, but I find them less irratating because of a nightmare about being in a concentration camp. In that nightmare, I was a father to two children; a little girl and a boy who was a teen. But one of the Nazis came and took my daughter away from me. I think that could explain it, but I'm not sure if this was a past life dream at all.

12. Factsofpast

Factsofpast New Member

I also hate needles but I use numbing patches before a iv of blood tests