Feelings upon meeting a soul mate

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Whippoorwill, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Whippoorwill

Whippoorwill Senior Registered

I feel a little embarrassed to be posting this, like a Disney Princess or a teenage girl and I’ve already bored poor, kind helz_belz to tears with the subject! But I really could do with your help! It’s a question to those of you who feel you’ve met someone from a past life, but not a vague connection or passing sexual attraction, something absolutely earth-shattering and life changing.

I met someone in November and the number of coincidences in our lives is just huge. Aside from this we have absolutely everything in common, not just the usual things like books or films, but every obscure (and I mean obscure!) interest and hobby in between. Looking into his eyes is honestly like remembering, I've never had such feelings of love in my whole life. By March we’d confessed that we had feelings for each other, although it’s complicated at present we hope to meet in a few weeks and try to sort out our situation.

Before long I was convinced he’d been important to me in other lives, such was this soul-deep longing that I felt. I got the impression that he may have been a sister I’d loved dearly in 1500s France, although I never mentioned this to him (and the odd thing is that he’s been helping me with problems that I believe stem entirely from that life – anxiety about how people view me). He started to say that as well as feeling an intense attraction for me, he also felt a strange sense of being siblings. On other occasions he’d commented that he felt we had a shared past that never existed, but that it made him feel safe and that when he thought of me he got a strange “homely” feeling. I almost feel like the fact that we’re both only children is like the universe’s way of telling us we’re missing a sibling.

A few nights ago he asked me if I ever wondered if were married in a “different” life. I felt so dizzy when he said this that I had to lie down, everything was spinning! Since childhood I’ve also had memories and emotions of losing my sweetheart in WWI, something I thought I’d resolved a while ago, but then he told me about having flu as a small child, being unconscious and describing to his family about disembarking and having lost something from his kit-bag – so who knows…! A few weekends ago I was thinking of him, but with a different name. I just kept on thinking of him as "Richard." For about five seconds I couldn't actually remember his real name, it was blurred somehow. The strangest feeling.

Our paths crossed about thirteen years ago, without us knowing at the time. We were literally stood within feet of each other at the very most. But the strangest thing is that I already knew he’d been there. I just knew. I’d read articles about soul mates having been at the same place at the same time, but not being ready to meet yet, and as soon as I read that, without any reason, I knew exactly where that meeting had taken place. Far from both our homes and in a situation that didn’t fit the interests we’d spoken about. I didn’t dare ask him, as I knew I’d be shocked if this “marker” that I remembered was right, but he ended up mentioning something from that very day and we realised we’d been close enough to touch.

I feel as if energy is flowing through every part of me (I have chronic fatigue, so this is an odd sensation), colours seem brighter, I can’t sleep, but I’ve started to become the person I want to be and used to be, braver and more outgoing, not crippled by anxiety, I'm meeting friends I haven’t seen for years and I feel like this is all down to him teaching me. I honestly can’t think of anything but him and finally being reunited (even though this will mean sacrificing many things in my life at present), and I know he feels the same way.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Do you think it sounds like a soul mate/twin soul connection? I’d love to hear your own thoughts on it. I’m frightened of throwing my life away on a daydream… although I’ve never felt anything so real and all-consuming in my life.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  2. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a soul mate to me. :)

3. Whippoorwill

Thank you, tanguerra, that's a great comfort to me, especially as I know you've had a lot of experience with soul mates.

4. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

You reminded me of something that happened to me at the age of 5.

We lived in the barren landscape of West Texas when I was young. There was a river with a swimming area that people drove from miles away - for the weekend. One weekend we camped out next to another family and I spotted a young girl about 4. All we could do was stare at one another. We never spoke - but we never took our eyes off one another the whole time. When we left to go back home - I was so upset about parting with her. My attitude was - we had found one another - and had been looking for one another since we were born.

My Dad and I had a talk that night - and he told me he thought I was too young for the 'birds and bees' of life. My Dad said that if it was meant to be - we would find one another again. If it wasn't - then I would find another girl to come into my life - and stop the world. (It was earth shattering to me.) I felt it was my job to look for her again - and when I started grade school - I was looking for her in the eyes of every girl I met. My family moved around a lot (due to my medical condition.) When I was 13 - we lived 600 miles away from that river. I thought we would never be able to recognize one another - since we had grown so much since that time.

Then - it happened again. I looked into the eyes of another girl my age who had moved into our neighborhood. It was a world stopping - losing my breath moment - and I was totally mystified. We both felt we had met one another before and couldn't figure out where - since we never lived in the same city before. Then, one day I told her how much she reminded of a little girl I met when I was young - at a river. She gasped and asked what river. I started describing the location and the day and she told me - that the same thing happened to her. We ran to our parents to ask what the name of the river was - and found out it was the same river. I ran to my Dad and told him,

"You were right. We found one another again. Her she is. You remember that little girl at the river. This is her - grown up some but one and the same."

We started talking about the 'feelings' that had been stirred up when we had looked into one another's eyes as young kids - and both of us knew - that we had known one another before we were born - and - that we had been looking for one another for a 'special reason.'

My family moved away from the area - but - we kept in touch in a psychic way. She was confused about the 'love' between us, but I had access to the 'mystical and spiritual side' due to my NDE's. I tried to tell her about the 'twin soul' concept and she didn't grasp it. Short of it -- I told her that she was destined to be the mother of my 'spiritual twin.' In 1973 - (through spirit) a prediction was made that her 'son' (my twin) would be born on my birthday. (Among many other predictions.) Many years later, she gave birth to a son - on my birthday. (My 'spirit twin' came for a visit prior to the birth.)

It is (and was) a confusing concept (Spirit twins.) Even I got confused about the 'Romeo and Juliet' concept - or the Plato theory that exists in the minds of many in the world.

I always looked for 'answers' in prayers. Many times, I didn't like the answers - but I feel that when it comes to being guided to the 'soul mate' connections in the world - it is important to give your mind over to the heart and allow the heart to guide you on your path.

Sincerely,

DKing

fireflydancing likes this.
  5. tanguerra

Indeed. However, I always sound a note of caution about these kinds of things. Just because you knew each other in a previous life, even if you were in love and/or married in a previous life, doesn't mean it's all going to be moonbeams and lollipops and no problems. But, it's a good place to start from, that's for sure.

6. tanguerra

Another amazing story dking!

7. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Oh Whippoorwill, you know full well you haven't bored me! :) I've been thinking a lot about what you are going through, and I really hope everything works out soon hug2.gif I know how tough it can be to come across a soul-mate again; sometimes it's positive, sometimes less so, but always emotionally challenging!

8. Whippoorwill

dking777 - What an absolutely fascinating and beautiful story! Thanks so much for sharing it. And I think you're completely right about letting the heart guide us, that's the stance I've been trying to take through all this.

tanguerra - I understand completely, and it's already been extremely difficult and painful for the both of us, as the universe's timing has seemed a little off! But we've set a date to meet in just over a week (luckily we're only a few hours apart), so hopefully we might be able to understand what this is and what we can do about it. I know some soul mates are only here to guide us for a short time as teachers, but since childhood I've honestly felt my purpose has been waiting for someone from a past life to return to me and I've never felt this strange magnetic pull before. So here's hoping this is my path! Thanks again for your help.

helz_belz - Thank you for your kindness and support, as always. It's certainly challenging and has been incredibly painful these past few weeks, but, strangely, it's been worth every moment.

9. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I watched a movie a few days ago, which - had this theme in the plot. Soulmates meeting during a chance encounter prior to actually establishing a meeting of the minds.

After (2012)

It sort of has a meeting during an 'out of body experience' as well. I thought the movie was pretty good - but the reviews are divided. I think you have to embrace the metaphorical reference to the metaphysical to get it. Of course, there is no reference to reincarnation or past lives but for those of us who embrace that understanding can read that into the plot for ourselves.

Sincerely,

DKing

10. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

When I was 23 I watched a movie where I felt an intense attraction to the main character and thought how I would love to find a man like that and to tame him. This was not considered a good man by society's conventions. He did not even treat his significant other, the main protagonist good, however for some reason I felt that I must posess this type of man. It was an intense animal attraction type feeling.

I visited a psychic a couple months later and she told me a guy like that was to enter my life shortly. The man she described would be a used car salesman smooth operator (don't ask why but that's so my type) who would be into health fitness, and taking care of himself. We would have LOTS in common. I never told my psychic about the movie I watched or what type of guy I went for. She seemed stunned b/c she thought she had made an error in reading the cards b/c she pictured me with a mild mannered gentler man. I didn't say anything but kept a straight face.

Another bizarre thing is, that I always pictured this soul mate who would come into my life as being commitment phobic, and having a teenage grown son even though he himself was a very young man. This is exactly the man I met 6 years later. It was as if though he was exactly how I pictured him to be. He even looked like the actor that I had seen in the movie 6 years prior when the light hit his face just right. For some reason the movie I saw was about a pool shark, and this guy was a gambler on the side and pool shark good at playing pool.

I had been friends with his brother for many years. Around the time I saw the psychic I had befriended his brother who I was strictly platonic with. THe brothers were on very bad terms and never hung out and never even mentioned having a brother. Me and my ex even hung out at all the same parties but for some reason we never crossed paths. You would think we would meet earlier hanging in the same circles and me being friends with his brother but it didn't happen.

However, when we met it was like fire. We liked each other so much. However whenever he fell for a woman he would break up b/c he didn't know how to handle his feelings. We eventually broke up b/c of his emotional unavailability. He was very manipulative and would emotionally guilt trip women into spending money on him. He would withhold affection when he didn't get his way. I wasn't easily manipulated at my age, so we broke up but we both had mutual respect for each other. However, I'm the only ex that he didn't have a bad break up with. He is not on speaking terms with most of his ex's. Whenever we run into each other we both get so happy to see each other. Its like a huge adrenaline rush everytime I see him. He says the same thing to me that he doesn't know why he gets so happy to see me.

Just something about him reminds me of a VERY happy time. Its not in this life. But something makes me think he can give me a happy life, or we will have so much fun together. That's why in the past we had gotten back together. I've dated other men, and maybe with the exception of one other man (he was a smooth operator type also), no man has made me go this crazy.

I have a feeling he was a gambler in my 1800s life when I was a saloon girl and he had the same smooth operator personality. I know he broke my heart. But he keeps coming back, and this time even though I like him and am attracted to him, I think its best if I do not have any contact with him.

11. Whippoorwill

So, it's just over a month since I started this topic and I thought I'd post a little bit of an update...

I met the potential soul mate I was speaking of and we spent a couple of days together in London. We got on really well, like we'd known each other forever. The connection was definitely there between us and when I had to leave him it was such a loss. He lives 200 miles away, but I went down to stay at his house less than a week later, because he was having a difficult time and it caused some severe PL "older brother" feelings that made me want to go and sort things out for him and try to make everything okay.

On the third day I was there we ended up signing the lease on a house beneath a castle and I move in with him in a week's time! I've never taken a chance like this in my entire life, leaving my home, quitting my job, but this just feels completely right. I can't even begin to list the number of coincidences and fortuitous events that led us here. We've both given up trying to argue with fate and have decided to just go along for the ride and see where it takes us!

12. tanguerra

Wow! A fairy tale beginning! Hope it all goes well. Keep us posted.

13. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

My husband and I were in the same kindergarten, until he moved away. We were in the same school again in 7th grade, but then I moved away. We met again in High School. I have no doubt that, had we not gone to the prom together, the universe would have had us bumping into eachother every few years until we finally figured it out.

We were married in at least one past life, but the ones that stuck with me the most were the ones where we were not married . . . the might-have-beens. Our do-over has not been easy, far from it. But, through it all he has been my one constant. He is strong when I am not and vice versa.

I hope that you have found something similar. Sounds like you have. Best wishes, and keep us posted. I love happy endings.

14. Mimic

Mimic New Member

Just weighing in, I had a similar experience six years ago (I don't usually post here though).

I really like the way you phrased it Whippoorwill, that looking into his eyes is like remembering. It's such a perfect way to put it.

15. beech

beech New Member

My husband believes he has known me in another life, although I do not recognize him. I think he may have been someone who lost contact with me when I was very young.

A childhood friend of mine and I were very close in our past life too.

16. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

I met my soul mate about five years ago and since then I have had a memory of a girl from my past life who was madly in love with me who I never ended up with due to circumstances. I feel the familiarity there like we have known each other for ages and I definitely feel a lot of the same roles that came up then coming up now, like being a protector. I believe this is our chance to do it over and make things right and live happy lives together in a world of relative peace. I couldn't ask for someone better in my life.