"Future life" meditation

Discussion in 'Reincarnation, Religion and Spirituality' started by larali, Jan 15, 2016.

1. larali

larali Member

I tried this video today (I really should be doing other things besides playing around with Youtube videos all day):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpxWBy-UIYk

It's supposed to help you visualize yourself from the future.

It was odd and I didn't make it all the way through because I got bored and quit after a half hour. But I did see an image of my future self. It wasn't bad...I had lost weight, and that's good, lol. but I didn't like the feeling/image I got. It is not what I felt my future self should be like. I also did not get my questions answered (regarding a few major choices I have to make soon.)

What are your thoughts on "future self" meditation?

2. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

I'd probably have a go at this - if I was expecting to have another life on earth.

I'm not expecting to - as I've decided not to be re-born. So I would just expect to see one huge blank anyway - as you cant visualise lives you're not going to have.

However, I've never yet noticed anyone else on this forum stating they have decided not to be re-born - so I imagine there would be quite a few people who would be interested in this. I, in turn, would be interested to hear what they have to say about any future lives they are able to visualise.

3. larali

larali Member

Oh, the video wasn't about future lives, just my current life but in the future (a few years from now). Sorry I wasn't clear on that!

In my mind, I was a thinner, slightly older version of myself but I was unable to see my family, which kind of bothers me... at this point in my life, my family is EVERYTHING to me. I was also unable to see how many children I will have, which was my main reason for doing the video. I guess it was just my imagination conjuring up an image of what I want to look like when I am older, but since I simply don't know how many kids I will have, then it was impossible to get the answer from a meditation session.

I suppose if people could see the future just by meditating, then a lot of problems could be avoided-- but I guess it doesn't work that way.

As for reincarnating, I'm in agreement with you that I'd rather not because life on earth is really confusing/ treacherous (even for a reasonably healthy and happy middle class wife-mom like myself) but I may have a different perspective after I cross over. Who knows.