Grandson and the cupboard (new thread)

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Kitn, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Yes, I remember apple butter too. My sister was here and I told her what Kade had said. She said maybe he is talking about applebutter but said applesauce instead. I had forgotten about having it as a child. My mother used to buy it, but I was not fond of it. The stores here in the south may still carry it. I will look next time I go to town. I will buy some and serve it to him on toast and see if he says anything. He may not like it.

2. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I googled applesauce on toast and on some adventist church forum American people talked about it being a "missionary dish" and that it's very common in adventist circles.

Now I don't know anything about adventists, but maybe someone knows if they have churches around those areas Kade may have lived in during another life?

Karoliina

3. Sunny1994

Sunny1994 SUNNY1994

I live in Indiana, and we still make and buy applebutter often. My kid's as well as My Husband and I LOVE it. Here you can even find it at Walmart Supercenters.

4. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade has not been saying much lately. I did overhear him talking about his other mother and pressing leaves. He told me he thinks he is forgetting a lot. He might be or he may just not want to talk about it. I just listen to him. I am sure if he wants to bring anything up he will.

His mother is starting to take him to church and he will be exposed to more children. His life will change.

He did tell me when he was the other boy, he was five when he was killed. His birthday is this month and I told him he will be four and next year he will be five. He does not want to be five. He gets anxious about five years old. He said when he was the other boy he did not get to go to school.

If he says anything I will surely post.

5. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

Thanks for the update, Kitn!
    It's good to see that things are going well for your family. :)

6. Wizard

Wizard New Member

If the boy Kade was in his other life was five years old when he died and he
    said he had seen Casey in heaven then you could subtract 5 years from the year 1998 (year Casey died) and this would give you the year 1993 as possibly the earliest date that Kade could have been born in his other life.
    Also if you subtract five years from the year 2002 (Kade's birth year) you
    would get the year 1997 as the latest possible birthdate for Kade in his other life.
    I'm going to study this a little more, I think there are enough dates to be able to narrow down the possible birth and death date of boy who Kade was in his other life.
    Wizard

7. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thanks Wizard. On another note-could he have been there first?

8. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Kitn,
    He could have been there first, sometime on or after 1957 (Moon tag date).
    I think I remember Kade saying some thing about he was'nt in heaven very long and that he had to go right back, so this might mean he was in heaven only for few days , a few weeks, or a few months and then went right back,
    so this might put it in the time frame I was suggesting (born 1993 to 1997),
    died (1997 to 2002).

Wizard

9. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Kade is spending the night with me today. I told him I was going to have a garden this year and he said "my other mother had a garden." I said really what did she have in her garden and he replied "celery". I thought that odd for a child to come up with celery. It is not as if he eats it here. He also told me "potatoes take a really, long, long, long, long time to get big." I thought since he brought up the subject I would ask him what happened to his other mother. He told me matter of factly " I told you she died." I asked how and he said "she got shooted." No more was said. We spent hours outside today so he is super tired. He may say more when I lay down with him at bedtime. He does not change what he has said so far.

In Heaven, is there time as we know it now? I don't know, but I wish I did.

I watched Unsolved Mysteries and there was a man who remembered a past life. He knew his name, where he lived and his mother's death. He was killed during the war and he remembered his death. He went back to the first life town and he met members of the past life family. They were skeptical, but they all agreed he knew things people would not know; such as he always ate the end pieces of the loaf of bread. There are others who remember. I guess at Kade's age and the age of the PL death does not give him too much to remember.

10. Wizard

Wizard New Member

If Kade's other Mother grew celery as the main thing that she grew in her garden, then she might have done this so she could sell the celery at some sort of Farmer's Market. Michigan is where a lot of celery is grown, It has a history of celery growing. I still think that in Kade's other life they may have been Finnish or partly Finnish, and Michigan is one of the places where a lot of Finnish imigrants settled. If in Kade's other life they were not Finnish, they still could have been living near a Finnish Community or near a area where they had a Kalevala Festival. Being that Kade said something about a mine being nearby, this could have been an old abandoned mine where Finnish miners once worked since mining was one of the main occupations that a lot Finnish immigrants had. Also when Kade was talking about bringing a basket of goodies to the Festival, this sounds identical to bringing a basketful of goodies to a Basket Social that I mentioned earlier. I think Kade also said that Kalevala was a Festival. When I put all these things together, it seems to suggest that in Kade's other life he was Finnish or Partly Finnish or lived in or near a Finnish Community or an area where they celebrated Kalevala day with a festival.

About the other words he was saying: I found a word "dijati" which means something like a female or mother cat, and the word comes from India but I don't know how to pronounce it. Maybe this has something to do with the word "diyati" that Kade was saying. I see that somewhere around India people made mats which were made from pieces of Malingo (Bamboo) which they would "sew" together. I think Kade also said something about Elephants, Maybe Kade had a another past life in or around India also.

Wizard

11. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I think he may be remembering more than one life too. He only called my little black dog diyati. When I asked him about brown dogs he said no. When I asked about a big dog, he again said no. I don't know what he means but the words he comes out with are not words I know or even ever heard.

I told his mother what she said and she said maybe he said that because she has celery in the refrigerator; I don't think so. Also, she tried to talk to him about potatoes today but he would not conversate with her about it. Instead he took the throw pillows from the couch and put a wall up between me and him. Then he leaned over and asked "did you tell mommy what I said about potatoes?" I said yes and he would talk no further.

He is such a bright boy for his age and if you look into his eyes you know he thinks alot.

He also sleeps a strange way. I have not seen another child do this. He sleeps with his parents or me. He does not sleep alone. When he stays the night with me, his mother comes here after work about 11PM and we all sleep in the same bed. He climbs cross ways on the pillows and sleeps upon them at the head of the bed. If you move him down to where he should be (so we can have pillows) he climbs right back up in his sleep. Strange!!

12. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

We were on our way to a garage sale. Kade's mom and I were in the front seat and Kade was in his car seat in the back. He was jabbering and then got real quiet. We kept on talking and then his mom asked him "what are you doing back there?" He said "I'm thinking." His mom asked him what he was thinking about and he replied, "I am thinking about my other name when I had my other mother." So I guess he still thinks to himself and just does not let us know as much. I feel he will eventually tell us his other name in his past life. I think he knows now.

13. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    Did you and your daughter ask him what his name was?
    BTW, my son used to sleep that way with the pillows but he stopped somewhere around 4 years old. He's still hard to sleep with though but the good morning snuggles are worth it.
    Vicky

14. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Cupboards and "Theory of Mind"

I hope this isn't considered off topic, but I have studied "Developmental Cognitive Psychology" and one of it fundamental paradigms or experimental examples involves a "cupboard". This is a test of "False Belief", which has to do with a childs "theory of mind" or how a child thinks _other people think_. Piaget was the pioneer whose research and philosophizing led up to, and made possible the historicallly following conceptualization of T of M.

Anyway I found a web explanation, this is at the bottom of the page before "sources":
    http://pages.slc.edu/~ebj/IM_97/Lecture20/L20.html

"Wimmer & Perner (1983) tested three and four year olds ability to attribute a false belief to another in the context of a story that was acted out for them with dolls and toys. For example, in one scenario, a boy puts some chocolate in a drawer in the living room and goes out to play. While he is out his mother moves the chocolate to a cupboard in the kitchen. The children are then asked 'Where will the boy look for the chocolate when he comes back inside?' Four year olds say 'the drawer in the living room', but three years old typically answer 'the cupboard in the kitchen'. And so a field was born..."

There is also the "100 th monkey" theory. In Japan, it was found that washing of sweet potatoes in the ocean, by monkeys on separate islands, seemed to spread, without direct communication or example, after a critical mass of 99 monkeys seemed to have explored and adopted this functional behavior to remove sand and dirt etc on one island ( it isn't "programmed" as it might be in raccoons).

What I am saying here, is sort of the word "cupboard" was sort of in the air...or Jung's collective uncounscious, or even just a collective counsciousness like TV...

Then again, there have been really exceptional cases of people speaking complete conversational languages they never had exposure too.

15. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Vicky, no we did not ask him his name. We let him tell us because we do not want to lead him. If we ask, he may come up with any name.

Mejensen1, thank you for the link. I know children have their own ways of thinking and sometime's they believe things that are false to be true; for example monsters. You can put a tall slender glass and a short fat glass on the table and take two measuring cups full of soda and put the same amount in each one and ask a young child which one has the most, they will pick the tall slender glass.

Sadly, people have been convicted of crimes they have done because of the way children have been interviewed or rather coached. A child will believe something if he is told the same thing over and over. He may also see something and believe he is part of the scene (movies/cartoons) and try to act out the part.

When my grandson began talking about another life I was very skeptical. However as time goes by I see he is very consistent in what he tells us. At first I thought we had a little Stephen King in the making on our hands. When he watches television, we watch with him. He does not watch movies or programs with violence. He watches cartoons and Disney movies. He has never seen anyone abused and rarely gets a spat on the rear. There is no way he could know anything about child abuse or murder to the extent he describes.

I do wonder if he just has an overly vivid imagination or if he really had another life and experienced some of the things he has told us. If one day he tells me a name, place or time maybe I could validate what he has said. Life and death is a mystery and I have no answers.

16. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

You should be glad your grandson may not be an "indigo child".

I probably should have put a :) originally...

17. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Yes, I do appreciate the links. I read the complete article. I have not previously read much on Indigo children, but what I saw led me to believe there is no such thing; and I researched no further. Some signs of Indigo children are also signs of children who have learning disorders. In my opinion, which I am entitled to believe what I want, I think Indigo children need more structure. I do not believe in medicating children for ADD or ADHD. I understand there are many children who do not concentrate on studies and much of this is probably from all the food additives and sugar highs or the environment.

My aunt had a son who fit the "disorder" and the school wanted him put on medication. She refused. The big joke every year was who was going to get Ricky in their classroom.

Ricky finished high school, attended University and got his degree. He is a pilot but not on commercial flights because of his eye sight. He has done well. My aunt prepared fresh vegetables and kept him away from sugar and especially red food dye.

I know some children need medication for physical diseases which can also cause loss of educational interest. Teachers have found that keeping hyperactive children in a room with less visual activity promotes better studying; as do smaller groups.

What is a "disorder" but a idea brought upon by studying behavior? There is a huge difference between physical disease and disorders. I have studied psychology and know that there are abnormal behaviors. Some are caused by lack of certain chemicals needed for normal brain function. I have never believed in any "disorder." To me a disorder is called because someone acts out of the norm. We used to call them eccentrics. Now the polite way is to say they have a "disorder."

But, these are my opinions and who am I but a recycled aging hippy, LOL. I remember back in those days my father taking me to a psychologist because of my "odd" behavior. It was the times and I conformed. The psychologist told my father, after our only session, that I was a perfectly normal teenager. Of course my parents did want to believe that. I matured, married raised 6 children and am the grandmother of 23 going on 26. I made it!

I don't want to step on anyones toes about disorders. Everyone is entitled to their own belief system.

The only part I did not agree with in the article was the remark written about Jesus. I took it with a grain of salt because the author is entitled to state his belief.

18. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I also read the article and I didn't see where anyone stated that being an Indigo child means you have a disorder.
    There are children, lots of them now, that remember past lives, read minds, see auras, are very very intuitive, etc etc. These kids also display some ADD type behavior in that they bore easily and sometimes have trouble socially.
    These kids exist. I know because I gave birth to one. I don't hear other 5 year olds talking about the stuff he talks about. However, there are parents all over the world right now that recognize these traits in their children. I wasn't looking for this, I didn't want my child to have these qualities, I still don't want this for him and I didn't believe in any of this 6 months ago.
    BUT it is undeniable.
    Parents like me want help, need support and I can see people paying money to a guy like Twyman who might be a fraud ( I haven't heard his side of the story yet so I can't say) to get help for their children, to try to understand what their child is going through.
    If someone fraudulently makes money off of people who need help and some people pay him money and get nothing out of it, it doesn't mean there is no such thing as Indigo Children. It doesn't mean these kids can't read minds, remember past lives etc. It just means there are some crappy people out there but then we knew that right?
    Kade may not be an Indigo child just because he remembers a past life. However, what will you do if he starts reading minds, having prophetic dreams, seeing angels, talking to spirits etc etc. ???
    You might take red dye and sugar out of his diet. You might put him on a supplement. You also might buy a book on Indigo Children. I've done all three.
    Vicky

19. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Vicky, I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just stating my beliefs. But ADD and ADHD is not a disease but a disorder; attention deficit disorder. There is a difference between what is called disorder and disease. I believe many people in the education field overuse this term for children who are just normally hyperactive. Kade too, is hyperactive. Hyperactive school children can be calmed by changing their enviroment; smaller groups, less visual stimuli in the classroom, less light and smaller groups, etc.

What I was trying to put across is disorder diagnosis is made primarily by nonmedical methods. There is a theory it is caused by lack of chemicals, but it has never been proven. Before this disorder was called ADD and ADHD, there were other names used and ADD terms became popular in the 80's. During the 90's AD became widely studied, discussed, debated and diagnosed.

What I would like to know are disorders actually just a personality type? I read in the article Indigo Children was coined in the 70's. Is this a personality type too? Disorders are "of the mind" and not the brain. Is there a separation of mind and brain? Just as I would love to know is there a separation of body and soul? The body can be proven scientifically, but not the soul. My belief, which I have no proof, is there is a soul. However, I cannot debate what there is no scientific proof to back me up.

In the article people were searching for answers why their chidren did not thrive in school. After they were told their child was or could be an Indigo Child they thought they had found the answers they sought. Did they or are they being exploited? Is this like the collective reasoning mejensen1 talked about?

In the article it appeared that many people are making lots of money by labeling children Indigo's. I am not saying Indigo Children do not exist because I do not know. Maybe I look at things more on the scientific side. That is why I am searching so hard to validate the things Kade talks about.

Again, I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just stating my beliefs. If someone could read my mind I would freak. To date no one has done this to me. If it ever did happen, I would remain skeptical until it could be proven.
    Maybe I am just agnostic.

20. seeker4

seeker4 Always Seeking

Don't Indigo children have some special abilities, too - like being able to remember their past lives with ease?

21. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hi Kitn,
    I'm not offended and I'm not sure I even disagree with you but I might see different aspects of the same thing that you are seeing. I believe that children that are labeled ADD can be calmed by changing their environment, smaller groups but I would like to find the school system that is actually going to make those changes for one child or maybe two children/classroom.
    Indigo children do seem to be more tuned in spiritually. My son talks to people who have passed, speaks to 'spirits', remembers many past lives, says he reads minds, sees auras, astral projects etc etc etc. Some may consider these things gifts. I think it depends on your perspective. As a mother when my child tells me that he can 'hear' the thoughts of everyone in his classroom and he can't concentrate or pay attention, I'm glad to know what's causing that and I'm glad he knows what's causing that. If I could figure out how to help him tune those thoughts of others out, I would. If this is called ADD, then he's got it. I think there are some kids that just have this personality, or they are born with some neurons misfiring or there is some reason for the ADD behavior and those kids are not all Indigos. BUT I think that most Indigos have some problem with ADD and I think it is their 'gifts' that distract them.
    The world is not an easy place for people that are different. I don't want that for my son but that is what I've got and nothing can change that. So, I have to change, look for the best school, take him to a camp with other Indigo children, read read and then read some more. Am I going to sell my house and give it to Twyman--Nope. But if he starts a support group in my area for parents of kids like mine, I'd go.
    Vicky

22. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I don't know about other states, but in Tennesse I have noticed all the new schools are one level. These new schools do not have large windows as the schools from my era had. The new schools have one window in each classroom. The window is tall and about 2' wide and 8' tall. Is this to keep distraction to a minimum? Another good thing is each classroom has an exit door to outside the building. That is great for quick escapes. I remember the Our Lady of Angels school fire in Chicago. Those kids could not escape because the stairwells became a path of death. When they got to the exit doors, they opened to the inside. The children, who were in a panic, rushed to the door pressings victims against it so they could not open the doors.

23. McDebra

McDebra New Member

I am a teacher in Tennessee and I can tell you that one-level schools have more to do with the legality of equal education opportunities for handicapped children than safety issues, but safety is a much welcomed side product of that design. Single windows leave room as a fire escape and reduce energy consumption as schools in Tennessee need air-conditioning as well as heat. We are building new schools in our district and these questions have been raised in committee.
    :)

24. vicky

vicky Senior Member

In my son's school, all rooms have a door that opens to the outside and the windows are up higher than they can see through. We don't need airconditioning but occasionally need a wndow opened.
    Vicky

25. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

Thank you McDebra. I wondered why the new schools only have one window. I never thought about energy efficiency. Glass breakage during all the tornadic activity we are plagued with would also be eliminated. I think my area is a tornado magnet.

Vicky talked about children reading minds. Kade said something yesterday which shocked me and his mother. He was sitting in the back seat. We were talking about why people have to suffer so long before passing. He knows his grandfather broke his neck on a motorcycle. He also knows his grandfather could not move by himself; he was a quadriplegic. He said, "grammy you used to ride a motorcycle." I told him I did. He said "it was red." It was-a cherry red 1958 Harley Duo-glide fully dressed. It had white saddle bags and streamers from the handles. His mother looked at me and quietly said "he is a weird child." She then asked him "what color was grandaddy's motorcycle that he got hurt on?" Kade said " I have to look in my dark eyes." He closed his eyes and said "it was black." It was black. It was a 1960's black Harley sportser.

My daughter's eye became wide as she asked him what he means when he says his dark eyes. He said he can close his eyes and see things. She asked him what kind of things and he answered "lots of things." He said he can think and then see things, but not sleep stories (dreams).

He has never seen pictures of either motorcycle. He did not know I used to ride motorcycles. I quit riding in the late 70's after seeing a fatal accident. I saw a man decapitated after being thrown from his motorcycle. I never got on another bike. I could never understand why his grandfather continued to ride after witnessing something so horrible.

I will listen to Kade when he talks about his dark eyes and see if he says anything else. I suppose he does not know how to express what he sees or how he sees it yet. I just wanted to share this and see if anyone else has experienced this with their child.

26. McDebra

McDebra New Member

Your grandson is a very special child indeed! Please, keep sharing!
    Thank you,
    McDebra

27. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Hmmm, Its hard to think of what to call this. If Kade is reading minds then whose mind is he reading? If he is psychic, I guess that could explain it. Or could it be past life recall and maybe he was someone related to you in this life that knew you when you had and rode the red Harley.
    Interesting. Kade is indeed special.
    Vicky

28. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

North Dakota

I picked Kade up and we went grocery shopping today. On the way home he told me it is not fun to get shot. I just let him talk. He said when he was shot there was blood all over his back and his head was in two pieces. He said it hurt really, really bad. He said when he was shot "it made me fall on my back, no, no, it made me fall on my face and that hurt too." He said when he got dead there was no more blood on him. I asked him where the blood went and he said he did not know.

After we got home and put away the groceries we got around to talking about where we live. He said "I live in North Dakota." I told him no we don't, we live in TN. He answered "you mean I live in TN now?" I said yes, why did you used to live in North Dakota? He replied " I thought I lived in North Dakota." I asked him if that was where he lived with his other mother and he said it was not nice to talk about it.

His mother called from work and I asked her if he had talked to her about North Dakota. She said, "no, why." I started to tell her and Kade heard me and told me not to tell. So, I did not tell her, but will talk to her tonight.

I wonder if this was a memory? I am also wondering if North Dakota could have been his home long ago; if this is a past life memory. I am going to search North Dakota for a murder such as he talks about.

29. Kitn

Kitn Senior Registered

I just put Kade in the bed. He is right behind me watching cartoons while I am on the computer. When I tucked him in I asked him if he wanted to talk about North Dakota. He said "thats where I lived with my other mother." He said it is cold there and there is snow and you can go sledding on the hills. Nothing else was said. Okay now I have time to google.

30. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

Wow Kitn!!! You have a lot to search for now! :)
    Good luck and please let us know whenever you find any validation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.