• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Growing up, did you have an affinity for another country or culture?

AstonishingPatch123

As you know, a tell-tale sign that you have been reincarnated is if you’ve got an affinity for another country or culture.

My family are Irish, and I have lived in Ireland my whole life, and none of us has ever lived in England. However, growing up, I had a strong affinity for England. I was a full-on Anglophile and I didn’t know it. In fact, I thought I was English until I was about 7. It was then that I realised I was actually Irish. However, I genuinely felt as if I was in Great Britain up until my mid-teenage years. I spoke in a strong English accent when I was younger (my mother says it was my autism, but it could’ve been a mix of that and the past lives I lived), which at one point resembled a Staffordshire accent, so I believe that in my final past life I lived in Staffordshire. I didn’t live to be an adult in my final two past lives. In my final past life, I died at the age of just 11 in 2004 and in the life before that, I died at the age of 16 in 1993.

I’ve always had an affinity for England, and when I became interested in reincarnation, I discovered that I had indeed been English in several past lives.

Did you have an affinity for another culture growing up?

Some of my memories I gained when I was younger included walking down Westminster on a wet day in the mid 1980s. I had never seen Downing Street and I hadn’t really heard the name London except for here and there.

I had a very strong affinity for early 1900's China and also any thing from England.

When I was a kid I was obsessed with kung fu movies. While I loved the martial arts, they all took place in late 19th and early 20th century China. The clothes and building of the era looked very familiar to me and I found watching them to be very comforting.

After doing a lot of research, it turned out I lived in the first half of the 20th century in China. Many of the people that were in China at that time were from the UK and I could speak and read and write English. My whole life now, I've used the UK spellings of words and even used 7 with the crosshatch and I've really enjoyed BBC shows.

Hi, everybody.

Very early I discovered an affinity with Italy, and later on, also with Greece.
I never liked Spanish landscapes as the Italian and Greek, and Spanish music as the Italian and Greek.
In Spain, cypress is considered a tree of Death, and therefore you can only see cypresses here in the cemeteries.

IMHO.

Best regards.

P.S.
My Spanish teacher of Greek:

Last edited:
Not so much an affinity, but I very clearly remember trying to convince my mother that I was Italian when I was little. We are not Italian, but that was the best my kid brain could come up when trying to describe 'Roman'.

Not so much an affinity, but I very clearly remember trying to convince my mother that I was Italian when I was little. We are not Italian, but that was the best my kid brain could come up when trying to describe 'Roman'.
The Ancient Romans never considered Italy as something homogeneous.
There was nothing like "populus italicus" in Latin, only "populus romanus".

The term "italicus" referred only to those who were from the tribes like Ossi, Umbri, and some others and who spoke languages similar to Latin, the language of the tribe Latini, that polulated the region Latium (called nowadays Lazio), including the city of Rome.
Italy, for the most part, was populated in the antiquity by many other nations that spoke languages that had nothing to do with Latin, and some of which weren't even Arian, like e.g. the Etrusci (or Tusci, as the Romans called them), that populated the region called nowadays Tuscany. The southern part of Italy (including the city of Naples) was populated by the Greeks, which, though Arians, spoke a languge very different from Latin.

I was a Tuscan in my PL, and I often felt kind of a slight hostility towards Lazio and Rome, in my regressions and déjà-vus, during my PL travels in Southern Tuscany, as a young man.

IMHO.

Last edited:
The Ancient Romans never considered Italy as something homogeneous.
There was nothing like "populus italicus" in Latin, only "populus romanus".

IMHO.
Italy as we know it didn't formally exist until 1861, well after the fall of Rome, but all I knew at that age was enough to connect the Rome I remembered to modern Italy.

Italy as we know it didn't formally exist until 1861, well after the fall of Rome, but all I knew at that age was enough to connect the Rome I remembered to modern Italy.
Historically, the name Italy existed since approx. 7-th century B.C. - it was the name given by the Greek colonists to the whole peninsula. This name meant something like "the country of the calves" (vitello - veal).

In 1861 Italy (except Lazio and Rome !) was united into a single state under the rule of Victor Emmanuel II, the former King of Sardinia-Piedmont.
Its capital became Florence (the former capital of Tuscany !). Lazio and Rome joined the united Italy only after 1870, when the Prussian troops defeated Napoleon III - a great defender of the Pope, that was against the united Italy.

The Tuscan (not Roman !) dialect (one of the 16 dialects in Italy at that moment) was chosen as the official Italian language.

IMHO

Last edited:
As you know, a tell-tale sign that you have been reincarnated is if you’ve got an affinity for another country or culture.

My family are Irish, and I have lived in Ireland my whole life, and none of us has ever lived in England. However, growing up, I had a strong affinity for England. I was a full-on Anglophile and I didn’t know it. In fact, I thought I was English until I was about 7. It was then that I realised I was actually Irish. However, I genuinely felt as if I was in Great Britain up until my mid-teenage years. I spoke in a strong English accent when I was younger (my mother says it was my autism, but it could’ve been a mix of that and the past lives I lived), which at one point resembled a Staffordshire accent, so I believe that in my final past life I lived in Staffordshire. I didn’t live to be an adult in my final two past lives. In my final past life, I died at the age of just 11 in 2004 and in the life before that, I died at the age of 16 in 1993.

I’ve always had an affinity for England, and when I became interested in reincarnation, I discovered that I had indeed been English in several past lives.

Did you have an affinity for another culture growing up?
Hi though I'm American I am mostly of British decent and if I remember my history right Ireland was once considered part of the UK to this day northern Ireland is still part of the UK. Though Ireland and the UK are different countries I consider Ireland part of the UK even though it really isn't.

Brazil, but I didn't know it because I didn't feel any connection to inaccurate/stereotypical portrayals of the culture in media. Growing up I had a pretty crystal-clear image of the kind of environment that felt familiar to me, but I just couldn't figure out where it was. I thought it was somewhere in the USA for a long time, but no place felt "right". It was somewhere warm, humid, urban...LA wasn't right. The kind of natural landscapes in California didn't seem familiar. NYC, maybe? Distantly, yes, but not enough nature. And just a bit too big. And not enough brutalist architecture. Florida came close, but again, it felt too "near the equator". Some places in Southeast Asia looked more "close", but not quite, it felt like an amorphous blend of Southeast Asia, Africa, the USA, and old Soviet countries. I figured it had to be somewhere in Latin America, then.

I kept digging through different styles of traditional/folk music (and some rock/pop) from all over Latin America, found a lot of music I enjoyed- then I hit bossa nova and something clicked. That struck a chord with me. Rock from Brazil in the 70s-80s also just sounded "right". It's not that it was "better" or something, it just sounded right. "That's my music". I looked at photos of Brazil in the 80s and it was like I was on the verge of some amazing breakthrough, finally I saw São Paulo and almost cried. Astrologically, it turns out I have some pretty intense south node and Pluto connections to that city.

Brazilian Portuguese rolls off my tongue so naturally, it feels like a warm blanket, like a fish in water, feels almost good to speak it. I've tried my hand at a couple of languages but none ever felt this comfortable! Not even the languages spoken in my family ever felt this familiar and natural. It's like there was "muscle memory" or something. Have also always gotten along pretty well with Brazilians just by coincidence. How ironic that I'm now ethnically the "rival" of Brazil. I suppose it makes sense I'd have some cultural things in common with them given the proximity, but the smallest details make the biggest difference. It's changed a lot nowadays. Time is cruel, but I can listen to Raul Seixas whenever I want, haha.

Lately I've been getting more and more into Japanese culture especially since I hate what my country the US is becoming these days. I don't think Japan is perfect but somehow their culture just seems so much better then then the culture here in my country. For example the Japanese are more family oriented and it isn't uncommon for kids to still live with their parents in middle age to help take care of their parents while here in my culture it is frowned apon to still live with your parents in your 30s and there is a lot of pressure for young adults to move out on their own. However I know from experience that with the way the economy is it is practically impossible to get a job and move out on your own as a young adult. That's why I just got a job and moved out a couple of years ago at the age of 30. Of course it didn't help that when I was in my 20s the country was going through a recession and still is.

I’ve always felt familiar and comfortable with various aspects of German culture, places, food, clothing, music and speech, even before I was old enough to recognize them as being German. For instance, if I heard someone speak with a German accent, I didn’t think they really sounded different or strange, but just normal and often even easier to understand than some American accents. When I was little I also very easily spoke with a British accent and felt very drawn to English culture (and still am today), yet there are also things about it which can really seem to clash with my own traits, preferences and personality.

Ever since I was about 8 years old, I've always loved pretty much anything and everything Japanese. This despite my father's hatred for the Japanese because of the atrocities committed by the Japanese during World War II, when my father was very young. On the other hand, I have an inexplicable affinity for the Japanese. One of my favorite TV shows is "Midnight Diner" on Netflix. Anytime I want to relax, I watch and rewatch Midnight Diner. I also read books on the Japanese and their culture. If in fact I was Japanese in a previous life, I'd be very proud.

Brazilian Portuguese rolls off my tongue so naturally, it feels like a warm blanket, like a fish in water, feels almost good to speak it. I've tried my hand at a couple of languages but none ever felt this comfortable! Not even the languages spoken in my family ever felt this familiar and natural. It's like there was "muscle memory" or something. Have also always gotten along pretty well with Brazilians just by coincidence. How ironic that I'm now ethnically the "rival" of Brazil. I suppose it makes sense I'd have some cultural things in common with them given the proximity, but the smallest details make the biggest difference. It's changed a lot nowadays. Time is cruel, but I can listen to Raul Seixas whenever I want, haha.

What a wonderful story!
Brazil is a good (not the best, though) choice for a new reincarnation.

Cariocan dialect of Brazilian Portuguese rolls off my tongue naturally, too, though I'm sure none of my PLs took place in Brazil.
I just learnt it from a group of ethnical Germans from Rio.

N.B. Carioca is a small region around Rio de Janeiro, and the Brazilians from Sao Paulo say my way of speaking 'seca a boca' [=turns one's mouth dry].
Cariocan dialect is very close to the European Portuguese, unlike the medieval Portuguese of the rest of Brazil, which is very like Spanish...

Best Regards.

IMHO.

Last edited:
Ever since I was about 8 years old, I've always loved pretty much anything and everything Japanese. This despite my father's hatred for the Japanese because of the atrocities committed by the Japanese during World War II, when my father was very young. On the other hand, I have an inexplicable affinity for the Japanese. One of my favorite TV shows is "Midnight Diner" on Netflix. Anytime I want to relax, I watch and rewatch Midnight Diner. I also read books on the Japanese and their culture. If in fact I was Japanese in a previous life, I'd be very proud.
You should look into it more, possibly through a meditation video on YouTube. You may have had at least one Japanese past life.

I also have a bit of an interest in Japanese culture. Even though it isn't perfect seems better then the culture here in the US, but with what my country is these days almost any place seems better than here. It even saddens me that my country was part of the bombing of Japan back during WWII while if the same thing was to happen here I would feel like my country deserves it.

Yes I'm from Belguim but I've always been into the german language and the culture.Everyone around me makes fun of german and the way it sounds,but to me german has always sounded like home.
Hi Nora, welcome to the forum! I am french. I feel attracted to several countries, USA of course with my last past life but also Russia and the Marquesas archipelago in the Pacific ocean.

Hi Nora, welcome to the forum! I am french. I feel attracted to several countries, USA of course with my last past life but also Russia and the Marquesas archipelago in the Pacific ocean.
Thanks Emma :)Your vietnam past-life sounds very interesting!I sadly don't know who I could've been if I lived a past life in the US,but I always picture it to be in the 70s/80s...Which isn't that long after your life as a marine so that's pretty cool :) What decades are your other lives from?

Thanks Emma :)Your vietnam past-life sounds very interesting!I sadly don't know who I could've been if I lived a past life in the US,but I always picture it to be in the 70s/80s...Which isn't that long after your life as a marine so that's pretty cool :) What decades are your other lives from?
I have always had feelings and déjà vu experiences, I said as a joke that I was interested in helicopters and USA because of a past life and that I died in the Vietnam war but I found my identity and a lot of details I was able to verify after a YouTube regression last year. Then spontaneous memories popped up . A door was also open for my other PL memories. My other past lives in Russia in the 18th/19th century, Austria then emigrated to the USA before WW2 and died of sickness shortly after my arrival , Canadian who died in WW1, I don't know when for the marquesan boy but sure before the arrival of western explorators. Trader in a Nordic country I think 12th century. my soul traveled a lot! You can find YouTube guided meditation to help you but be careful, for me it is almost a full time job to deal with those memories, emotions, bouts of crying, insomnia and sometimes I would like to rest.

I was surrounded by Japanese people and Japanese culture so I have an affinity with that.
I feel like I was in India in one of my lives. I had this eerie feeling when I watched the movie Gandhi because I remembered all of the countryside and nearly everything in that movie. Deja Vu experience.

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted or replied on here. I sometimes read the threads though, and I saw this one and thought of replying. I've always felt an affinity for Europe, and also Russia in particular. I had two life-times in Russia, one right before the other. I've always been in some way religious or spiritual. Religious imagery like Orthodox icons and crosses, whether Orthodox or Catholic have always pulled me. I feel very much at peace with icons, and always carry one in particular when I go outside or just when I'm out for errands. I had two life-times in France, and also three life-times in Italy. There was also one which went between France and England - Medieval Period. There is also a life-time, very brief which I had in Germany. Most of my life-times seem to be centered through-out Europe or close by. I've always felt myself to be European and I identify with the culture more than I do since I was born American in this life. I have always felt out of place living in the U.S. and now I'm back here, in Europe. I think my moving here is not for just one reason alone - but many?

I'm just enjoying and pacing myself through the experience of it.

Also, a belated Happy New Year to you all! ❤️

I had an affinity for Japan that started as a teenager with anime (as it often does) in the 1990s. But I quickly found that it wasn't just anime I liked, it was the rich culture and its history that was behind the anime.

While I only know one past life for sure, a Nagasaki atomic bombing victim, I do know that I am an old soul just starting to awaken to what's in my spiritual history. I have discovered very similar affinities for several other places:

-NE China/Korea/Mongolia in the 13th-14th centuries (late Yuan dynasty, Mongolian rule of China/Korea)
-A long stretch of the Himalayas from Nepal and N. India to terminus in Afghanistan
-Iran/Iraq during Persian Empire
-Parts of Eastern Europe and the Middle East around the Black and Adriatic seas (Balkans, Carpathians, etc.).
-I know for sure I'm a Celt by blood and personality and drawn to Scotland/Ireland
-I also feel the classic Welsh hiraeth, the longing for the home that doesn't exist

I find this eclectic, wide-ranging mix very curious as I have little-to-no physical DNA from any of these places except the British Isles (which is like... 90% of my DNA makeup). I do suspect that at some point waaaaay back in my mother's line there might have been some Roma heritage, which could explain N. India all the way into the Balkans. And everyone's related to Genghis Khan, of course. ;) But the DNA tests can only trace your genetic lineage back so many generations, so who knows?

You sound like me in that way. "Group hopper." I have an "affinity" for just about everywhere it seems, and the actual most likely past life memories are from very different places. The Balkans, ancient Greece, New Zealand (hundreds of years ago), Hawaii (also hundreds of years ago), possibly Sumeria, maybe somewhere in central Asia...
Then of course feeling drawn to all sorts of places that have no known memories associated with them, and little to no current relevance to myself. Wyoming, lake Baikal area, Finland, Carpathian area, Rwanda, Czech Republic, Mariana Islands, most of China, Japan, Russia...many more that aren't at the top of my head.
Also have no DNA connection to any of those places- well, I've got very distant cousins in Wyoming, New Zealand, and Hawaii but wouldn't have inherited anything from them. Except Finland, but that connection is also very distant.
If you ever want to know more about Wyoming, that's my home. It's... a very energetically interesting place. :)

Back