Have I discovered a past life connection?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by MT254, Feb 28, 2020.

1. MT254

MT254 New Member

A week or so ago someone in my town was killed in an unfortunate tragedy.
    I never knew him personally but we had mutual connections.
    I don’t know why but I have been very affected by his death.
    I had no idea who he was before, but ever since this has happened I’ve been feeling strangely connected and I feel like I’m in mourning.

This has never happened to me. I am emphatic, but not to this degree. My thoughts are consumed by this deep unexplainable anguish.
    The only justification I have is that we must have had some connection in a previous life. If we did before, why not in this life? Why am I feeling like this only after his death? There’s nothing I can do to resolve this loss. I can’t grieve with the family because they don’t know who I am! And I can’t tell anyone else what I’m going through because they’ll think I’m insane. What’s going on?

2. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Stewardess Ester Ősz Probationary

Hi, but of course you could contact the family and tell them who you are. Everybody can feel whatever they like to. You are the owner of your own feelings.

KenJ and fireflydancing like this.
  3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi MT254,

Welcome to the forum!

There are several possibilities. One is your own explanation, maybe you and this person are connected on some level without being aware of it during his/her life.
    Another explanation could be that this tragedy triggers the feelings of your own mortality. You suddenly realize that life is fragile and unfortunate tragedies can happen to anyone at any time.
    A third explanation is about feeling part of a community and when something happens to a member of this community, it feels like a personal loss, no matter if you were related to this individual.

MT254 likes this.
  4. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, something similar has happened to me too. Someone took their own life close by where we live, had just happened when I was on my way home from work. I felt like you. Then strange sounds began at home in, and my kid saw a dark shadow. Could be overleft energies or that the spirit is trapped. Did it die unexpectdly?

Was the person depressed ? Could be because you are sensitive and an emptath that you 2 are connected now. I prayed and asked for help on the other side and now it is all gone, so I hope it worked.

5. MT254

MT254 New Member

But who am I? What connection did I have to him? Can you imagine losing your son and a strange woman coming up to you saying she’s mourning for him and she feels like they were connected in a past life? I contacted them to give my condolences and support during this tough time, but I can’t approach them beyond that.

6. MT254

MT254 New Member

I think I’m feeling a mixture of all of this. I think I’m good when it comes to accepting my own personal mortality but others’ mortality bothers me. I can’t bear the thought of losing loved ones. I’ve been trying to link his loss to a long history of sacrifices made by the community that both of us belong to, and there are moments where I understand it completely. But the rest of the time I feel weighed down. Like I’ve lost him again, I don’t know if that makes sense.

7. MT254

MT254 New Member

He did die somewhat unexpectedly. I don’t want to post too many details, but it was a political murder. He was on the morally and ethically right path, and challenging corrupt authorities, and they killed him because of that. He probably knew the risks but I think the moment of death caught him by surprise. He doesn’t live very close to me, but the other day for some reason roads to my place were blocked and I had to drive by his house. It was an eerie moment. As I drove by the gate opened, I caught a glimpse of the window he was looking out of when he was shot, and this may sound crazy but the song on the radio was about someone stealing identity in an instant.
    My feelings were a lot more intense after that.
    I just keep feeling like this has happened to me again. I’ve lost him before and I’ve lost him now again.

8. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Unless there is some clear, specific detail to tie things together into a specific connection, I'd be more inclined to consider it simply an extension of ordinary human empathy.

I tend to feel a connection with people that I've never met, when they go through something which I can readily imagine happening to me, or perhaps an echo of something which actually did happen to me in a past life. That doesn't in my case mean I have any further direct connection, we could be strangers to one another.

One of the mistakes I made when I first set out on trying to understand reincarnation as it applied to me, was that I tried to attach names of people I knew in a past life to people I know in the current one. After the passage of many years, I now consider that to have been an excess of enthusiasm for trying to make every piece of the jigsaw fit neatly in place. From my later perspective, guided by hindsight, I consider I know less about reincarnation than I thought, it is a bigger topic than I am able to fully grasp and it seems better for me to withhold from reaching too many firm conclusions. It is good, useful, to consider different ideas, try them out, see how they feel. But tying up all the loose ends, dotting all the i's and crossing all the t's, that I think is not a task for this life - for myself.

fireflydancing likes this.
  9. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi, then I think it is no wonder why you feel the way you feel considering you thought he would make good changes that would effect your society. Also considering that in your past life you could have faced the same/similar situation -- loosing a hero. It could also be that you were meant to sooner or later have some type of relationship with this person, but now the person died instead, there are those who believe we only have one destiny but I tend to think because we all have free will we have several possible destinies so then your possibility of having your destiny with him has now been denied.

10. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Stewardess Ester Ősz Probationary

When you mentioned this was acctually a murder, I froze ice cold. What a world we live in.

I do understand that you feel like being careful in this case. But on the other hand; if you really have a past life connection to this person, it doesn't hurt to try find out about it.

What kind of murder was this beside of "political", as you mention? Who is the conterpart here? Some kind of maffia? (Of italian origin, or another ethnic group?) And which side would you yourself say you belong to in this "war" (or whatever you would call it...)? Who is fighting who here?

Just some questions to ask yourself to hopefulle make the picture somewhat more clear.