Have you ever heard of the "Mandela Effect?"

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Jody, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Tinnos

Tinnos Senior Member

I actually remember the Berenstain bear thing: I remember that, when I was about 6, my older sister brought a Berenstain bears book up to me and was all "did you know it's actually Berenstain and not Berenstein?! I just noticed that. Who spells it like that"
    So for me it's been Berenstain with an A this whole time.

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I remember that the Monopoly Man had a monocle. If it was only me, I would just think that I confused something and remember it wrong. But several people around me remember the same and they are absolutely sure, even remember detailed stories about how they were playing and drawing on the box, because this guy with the monocle looked so funny...

3. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

IKR? I distinctly remember a yellow card that said "Bank error in your favor: Collect $200" and the guy was so taken aback the monocle came flying off his face! :D

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  4. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Nope. Played Monopoly off and on all my life and still own the game. Uncle Rich (the character's name) never had a monocle. The Jif peanut butter peanut guy did have glasses. Maybe crossing the characters in the mind.

5. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

It's not Jif, definitely not. I don't even know if that brand was available here (Germany) when the two people I know were playing Monopoly (late 1970's or so).
    And as I said, if it was only me, I wouldn't give it much thought and just assume that I confused something again.

6. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Are we talking about Mr. Peanut from Planters?

Attached Files:

fireflydancing likes this.
  7. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Okay, here's a new mandela effect that totally blew me away. How did Samantha work her magic on the iconic TV show "Bewitched?"

8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Elizabeth Montgomery - Samantha Stephen’s trademark nose twitch was actually based on a real-life tick of Montgomery’s. Director William Asher noticed that her lip quivered when she got nervous, and he worked the facial distortion into the part.