• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Have you experienced an out of body experience after death?

Spiegel

Edit: find me on the new forum under the name Roter Spiegel
-------
Hello friends, here are some odd OBEs I've had during my previous lives. (I've never had an OBE in my current life.)

OBE 1: wandering as a spirit after death
I (named Ernst) was shot in a concentration camp at night. However, after my death I was still "conscious" (i.e. aware of my surroundings). I could look arond, but couldn't move away because something kept my soul anchored close to my body. So I watched the camp guards put my body into the cremation furnace. After my body was destroyed, I was free to move. My soul/consciousness flew up the chimney, and outside. I looked down on the concentration camp, and wandered around outside for a few real-life hours until the sun rose. That was the last thing I remembered in this life.
Ernst's execution.JPG
See also this "comic strip" I drew, hopefully it explains more clearly.

OBE 2: wandering as a spirit after another death

In my most recent PL named Friedrich, I was attending a memorial service. I left slightly early and began to walk home, but was hit by a car and died. The last thought I had was "Oh no! I want to revisit this memorial in a few months' time, I don't want to die yet". Then, I was again a disembodied soul but unlike last time, I could move wherever I wanted. So I flew back to the memorial that I so wanted to visit, and saw the last of the visitors leaving at the end of the (same) day. That was the last thing I remembered before everything faded to black and I was "snatched" away from consciousness.

Hopefully that made some sense, and thank you for reading. Have you ever experienced anything similar? Also I'd appreciate any insights because I'm quite confused and a little disturbed.

~Spiegel.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
In this life, when I was 18, I had a accident with a horse, I was riding alone on the trail and my horse got scared by a fighter jet flyover very low.
All I remember is that I was above my body lying on the ground and that I said to myself:" Are you crazy? What are you doing lying on the ground. That is not a place to lie down! ". It was in December and I was not cold, was injured but felt nothing. Then I saw a very bright white light, I guess there were people but I couldn't see them very well. All I remember is that I had no pain, no soreness, everything was peaceful. Then I heard a voice calling me and I was back in my body and realized I was in ambulance and that a medical assistant was talking to me.
In my last past life, I have a glimpse of flying in the hospital room and seeing that everyone was looking at and taking care of someone else. I wanted to call for help but no sound and then nothing else.

In another past life, when I died in 1812 as a cossack fighting against Napoleon's Grande Armée I remember flying over the field covered by snow, bodies of men and horses. All was silent, the fight was over and as I was still looking for my horse but couldn't find her. I remember I wanted to stay there until I find my horse but I couldn't...

Last edited:
Hi Emma,

Thanks for your reply.

In another past life, when I died in 1812 as a cossack fighting against Napoleon's Grande Armée I remember flying over the field covered by snow, bodies of men and horses. All was silent, the fight was over and as I was still looking for my horse but couldn't find her. I remember I wanted to stay there until I find my horse but I couldn't...

So what do you mean by you wanted to find your horse but couldn't? Was it because you lost consciousness/died before you found it? Or because you just couldn't locate your horse?

Also, something strange happened after my death. I had been brought (alone) to Buchenwald concentration camp around midnight and immediately shot on arrival. After I died, I was curious to see what was going on in the camp, so ghost-me wandered around and tried to go into the barracks. The prisoners were all sleeping, apart from one. He looked up when I arrived and looked me straight in the eyes. So I "told" him I'd just been killed and didn't know what to do with myself, and well, this is a terrible place eh?

I think I tried to say it out loud but I'm not sure if I really made a sound or if he understood me at all. Maybe he spoke another language or was too shocked at seeing a ghost/spirit to do anything.

He died that night too, before the morning came. I think that was why he was able to see me.

Hi Spiegel, I remember the fight, I was hurt in my back, fell off my horse, remember my left foot kept in the stirrup one moment then I was lying on the ground, I couldn't move, I knew I was going to die but was not afraid. I was cold , it was snowing. I worried for my horse . I think when I died later I was still looking for my horse . I'm sure someone else took my horse .
By the way, I also have horses in this life and I am sure , don't know why, that one of my horse now was the horse of my cossack life.

I think, if humans sometimes find each other across different lives (e.g. soulmates or soul groups), then perhaps you've found your horse again too!

Off topic I know, but the whole idea of soul groups just intrigues me. So many accounts of people saying they know someone who was with them in their last life or even longer...how do you even know? Not saying I doubt them, just wondering. I would be very amazed if I found anyone.
Tinnos,

I'm sure you have already but are not aware of the connection in your life just yet. I was lucky enough to have a known my soul group in this lifetime. Some are now residing on the other side as I am 63 now. But a few are still left here in the physical world. Those that have pass on still visit me during sleep or if I am having a conscious OBE. So, the relationship does not end with death it just changes. I would not know what to do if I didn't have my soul group.

A soul group is the collection of souls that are close to one's level of spiritual evolution that you incarnate with on a regular basis. They’re the ones who are most involved with the unfolding of your soul’s journey. They’re being here has a very big impacted with you during your physical incarnations on Earth. They play the role of your peers, confidants, and sometimes even our rivals. That is the primary function of a soul group. Everyone in the group plays a different character in each other’s physical incarnations in the pursuit of growth and the expansion of consciousness. It is formed out of unconditional love as these souls accept you just as you are both the good and the bad regardless. They come to you in different stages in your life and stay. And when you first met them, they seem familiar to you even though the outside body and personalities have changed their soul essence feels the same as if you have known them forever. And when the going gets tuff in life they are still there to love and support you no matter what.

I'm sure you will find yours in due time.

Love and peace.

P.

I might have had a soul group. There are certain people I had a strong bond to in my 2nd to last life that I still greatly miss. I spent all of my most recent life and some of this one looking for them but still haven't found all of them yet.

My most recent PL was in East Germany, but most of them reincarnated in the West instead. Without my soul group, I kind of drifted through life and never really made deep connections with people.

One of my soul group members is my current sister, she's been a close friend / my greatest annoyance for at least 3 lives. We lived in Germany in the 1920s, then she incarnated in West Germany while I was in the East; I met her again after 1990. Now we have both been born into the same family. Though she doesn't remember, I have lots of fond memories of us together.

Just my 2 cents on the topic. Thanks for reading, and Polaris, thank you for your lovely contribution.

Off topic I know, but the whole idea of soul groups just intrigues me. So many accounts of people saying they know someone who was with them in their last life or even longer...how do you even know? Not saying I doubt them, just wondering. I would be very amazed if I found anyone.

I've only found my sister so far (I think the rest of my group are still in Germany), but here's how I realised I knew her before.

Once, I played her a song and said "hey do you remember when we sang this really badly at a nightclub?" and she had no idea what I was talking about. I concluded it must've been from a past life; plus the song was in German and neither of us spoke that :)

Also, I was fortunate enough to find candid photos (i.e. not posing) of my close friend from another past life, and although he was male, the resemblance to my sister is uncanny. From the way he slouches while walking, to his facial expressions and hand gestures while talking. Their personalities are likewise very similar as well. So that's why I think they're the same person.

I do know that in the only past life I know about, the wife I had then is currently my younger sister in this life. I do remember my mom saying that she and I were very close to each other when we were younger (but we grew apart from each other as we got older) and she said that we even "came together" in a sense. In fact, she was only born roughly 13 months after I was.

It wouldn't be surprising if I've known her in other previous lifetimes.

I've had quite a few OBEs during this lifetime, but none from NDE, and I don't remember any from any previous lives. I don't remember an awful lot about my previous lives, though. I need to try more regressions.

In my OBEs, everything is always a deep blue, sort of glowing with this ambient occlusion look, and it has a film grain to it. Sometimes I'll try to turn lights on, but none of them work.

A few of them were during ASP (Awareness during Sleep Paralysis).

When I was 20, I was in the hospital for a month with leukemia, and had a pretty high fever (they wouldn't let me leave until it came down). Anyway, it put me in a state where I could hold my eyes a certain way, and immediately have the craziest lucid fever dreams. Sometimes they were OBEs, and I would experiment a little with them. I had one where I was laying on my bed facing the TV, and I could see the way my legs were positioned...but when I opened my eyes for real, and looked, they weren't in the same position. I don't really know what that means. I want to believe, but that was unexpected.

I'm 200% my current girlfriend is in my soul group, if not -the- soulmate.

In my early 20s, one night, my then-girlfriend was laying in bed, one dim light on, and as I looked at her, her face suddenly changed. Like, door knocker into Jacob Marley, totally changed. Her features were different, and her hair and skin were darker. It lasted quite a while, until I finally "shook myself" and she went back to normal. It stuck with me, and I immediately thought "Am I with the wrong girl? Did I just get a vision of who I'm supposed to be with?"

So I kept my eyes open for her.

We finally met a few years ago, against all odds. She had just come home from the other side of the planet. She wasn't looking for me. I wasn't looking for her. It felt like fate.

And then, against all odds, fate gave us a child.

One evening, I -think- it might've been before she was pregnant?, we were sitting on the couch, and I looked at her, and this vivid past-life memory popped into my head of the two of us being married together, living in a little farmhouse, sitting at a little table.
You can read about the vision and my research in my post, if you're curious, but I'm pretty convinced: https://reincarnationforum.com/threads/civil-war-and-other-visions.9824/post-131265

In my early 20s, one night, my then-girlfriend was laying in bed, one dim light on, and as I looked at her, her face suddenly changed. Like, door knocker into Jacob Marley, totally changed. Her features were different, and her hair and skin were darker. It lasted quite a while, until I finally "shook myself" and she went back to normal. It stuck with me, and I immediately thought "Am I with the wrong girl? Did I just get a vision of who I'm supposed to be with?"
How exactly? I don't understand what you mean, like physically in real life?

Hello Asaki, thanks for sharing your experiences, and your thread was an interesting read.

Aside from my two post-death experiences that I described above, I've also had one OBE while awake. Unlike yours though, everything appeared greyscale and grainy instead of blue and grainy. (strangely though, my post-death OBEs were in full colour while this one was black and white). By "turning on the lights but none of them worked" do you mean you tried to interact with the real world and flipping the light switches?

Here's my OBE, I guess I ought to provide some context too because I'm trying to write this out, and I'm confusing even myself.
Fritz - the past life in which I had the OBE
Ernst Thälmann - my previous past life, killed in the Buchenwald concentration camp in 1944.

In my past life Fritz, I was an East German soldier; at the time of the OBE I wasn't aware of the concept of reincarnation, but I had a few PL memories floating around. As a child I'd gotten into lots of arguments with my history teacher about the period I lived in. I swore I'd been alive for those events but my teacher refused to believe me!

One day in 1971, there was an 85th birthday celebration for Ernst Thälmann. He was like the East German version of Lenin, so he was quite well known in those parts. I happened to be an honour guard at that ceremony, but I zoned out during the boring speeches.

I found myself disembodied and far away from where I had just been; and the world was now in black and white. I recognised the place as Buchenwald, I knew I'd died there long ago. That was also the moment I realised all the strange memories I had were from my past life as Ernst Thälmann. I felt like I ought to look for my body; so I "flew" over the landscape until I found myself, still standing at the ceremony in the town of Weimar.

(I thought this was terribly far-fetched, but I checked the locations on Google Maps: sure enough, there's only 4 miles between Buchenwald and Weimar, and the direction I remembered arriving in was correct and matched the orientation of the actual locations.)

I thought, "hehe, how sneaky, I'm visiting my own memorial service!". I hovered over to my body (his eyes were glazed and he was looking off to the side) and watched the rest of the service from high above. Then I realised it was about to end and that I needed to march off, so I tried to put myself back into my own body. Not sure how I managed it, but it was a smooth transition. My vision returned to colour.

So yeah, that's the only OBE I've ever had, and also how my PL realised he had a famous PL.

I actually found a photo of this ceremony, so I know the OBE really happened. In the photo there's a single soldier looking the wrong way (not facing forwards while at attention) so that must be me. He was also standing in the location I remember being in too.

Last edited:
How exactly? I don't understand what you mean, like physically in real life?
Physically, I don't know, I didn't touch her.
Real life, yes.
It was very strange, to say the least. I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, like maybe the dim lighting just made her look different, but then she went back to normal, and the lighting hadn't changed.

Aside from my two post-death experiences that I described above, I've also had one OBE while awake. Unlike yours though, everything appeared greyscale and grainy instead of blue and grainy. (strangely though, my post-death OBEs were in full colour while this one was black and white). By "turning on the lights but none of them worked" do you mean you tried to interact with the real world and flipping the light switches?
I suppose it could be described as grayscale, it but seems like it has a tinge of blue to me. It's certainly monochrome.
As far as I can remember, I physically flipped the light switches, they just didn't do anything.
I think I also remember opening the fridge and it being dark inside, but that might've been a story someone else told me. Not sure.

I actually found a photo of this ceremony, so I know the OBE really happened. In the photo there's a single soldier looking the wrong way (not facing forwards while at attention) so that must be me. He was also standing in the location I remember being in too.
That's wild.
BTW, I like your comic. Is there more, or are you still working on it?

Physically, I don't know, I didn't touch her.
Real life, yes.
It was very strange, to say the least. I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me, like maybe the dim lighting just made her look different, but then she went back to normal, and the lighting hadn't changed.
Sounds really freaky whatever that was.

I suppose it could be described as grayscale, it but seems like it has a tinge of blue to me. It's certainly monochrome.
Here's my best attempt to illustrate how mine looked to me (the building is just a random building). At first I thought the ground was covered with snow because of how white it was, but then I realised everything else was the same colour too so it couldn't have been snow (also it was april).
comparison.jpg

BTW, I like your comic. Is there more, or are you still working on it?
Thanks! I do have a few more pages, perhaps I'll make a book/graphic novel at some point. I usually post them on my log on the military past lives forum but I'm not sure if you have an account so here's two pages I finished recently. I guess they could be a sequel to my comic above.

The context is, on August 18th 1993, the 49th anniversary of his death, Fritz revisits Buchenwald where he had been executed. He walks through the crematorium and sees a plaque commemorating his own death on the wall.

Hopefully the scans are still legible, because this forum only allows attachments up to 1MB.

Attachments

• buchenwald 1.JPG
    buchenwald 1.JPG
    477.3 KB · Views: 4
  • buchenwald 2.JPG
    buchenwald 2.JPG
    400.3 KB · Views: 4
Here's my best attempt to illustrate how mine looked to me (the building is just a random building). At first I thought the ground was covered with snow because of how white it was, but then I realised everything else was the same colour too so it couldn't have been snow (also it was april).
We get snow in April sometimes, but I get what you mean.
All of my OBEs were indoors, maybe that makes a difference?

The context is, on August 18th 1993, the 49th anniversary of his death, Fritz revisits Buchenwald where he had been executed.
So Fritz was still alive in 1993?
I take it you must've reincarnated fairly soon after Fritz died?

A few of them were during ASP (Awareness during Sleep Paralysis).

When I was 20, I was in the hospital for a month with leukemia, and had a pretty high fever (they wouldn't let me leave until it came down). Anyway, it put me in a state where I could hold my eyes a certain way, and immediately have the craziest lucid fever dreams. Sometimes they were OBEs, and I would experiment a little with them. I had one where I was laying on my bed facing the TV, and I could see the way my legs were positioned...but when I opened my eyes for real, and looked, they weren't in the same position. I don't really know what that means. I want to believe, but that was unexpected.

I've had more than one experience related to sleep paralysis where my physical body was not in the same position as I felt it to be before opening my eyes. One was at the end of an OBE where I'd been floating/flying down a main road in the city where I lived. I was in an upright position, with both arms extended forwards in front of me. When I woke, lying on my back, I expected my arms to be raised above me, to match that body position, but were just resting on the bed with the rest of me. I think during sleeping we detach quite readily from the body, but don't always recognise it as an OBE.

Another time, not an OBE, just an ordinary night's sleep, I awoke with both arms somewhere down by my sides. By when I tried to move, I found one of my arms had gone numb from being in an uncomfortable position, resting on the pillow beside my head. Again the physical body was not in the same position as where I felt my body to be.

So Fritz was still alive in 1993?
I take it you must've reincarnated fairly soon after Fritz died?
Yeah, I've always had about 9 months in between, which is quite peculiar because most people have a bit longer.

Ernst
16/04/1886 - 18/08/1944
(verified through wikipedia)

Friedrich
05/06/1945 - 16/04/2002
Verified birth year by my military service, and I remember my birth day.
Deathday is because I remember dying on Ernst's birthday, and I saw 9/11 on TV so it must be 2002

Me - January 2003

Again the physical body was not in the same position as where I felt my body to be.
Right, that makes sense from a scientific point of view.
But from a spiritual point of view, you'd expect to be seeing your physical body with your "eyes", instead of just imagining what your body looks like based on what your brain is feeling.
So it made me a bit conflicted about what to believe.
Not trying to sway anyone one way or the other, BTW, I can't even sway myself.

Yeah, I've always had about 9 months in between, which is quite peculiar because most people have a bit longer.
Yeah, that is weird, I've noticed most people have roughly ten years between lives, but I have seen some stories like yours.
Nine months would be spent in the womb, so basically you went right straight back again (although I've read some stories where they didn't enter the womb until closer to birth).
Maybe that's why you remember so much?

We all leave the body at night while sleeping however in general we are not aware of the process. Most of us come back with vague memories of dreaming at best. Funny that at this stage of man's spiritual development the astral body is fully developed and capable of being used as a sperate vehicle for consciousness (the soul) to travel in yet because of man's consciousness being so grounded in the physical the vast majority of human race barley has any astral consciousness while out of the body. This is mainly because the subconscious takes over while out and filters out what is really taking place on the astral dimension.

The key here is to train the consciousness mind to stay awake while the body sleeps. When this happens, the person is then able to be aware of leaving the body and exploring the other higher dimensions of our universe. This also creates a link for the physical brain to remember the experiences when one returns. This all sounds easy but it's not. Having had an NDE years ago this has somehow allowed me to become more consciousness of my OBEs over the years. I still can't control them at will as I would like to. Instead, I use ludic dreaming as my trigger to bring about a conscious OBE instead. The first few times being out consciously was a bit unnerving, yet I was thrilled and excited at the same time to be aware of being sperate from my physical body. It's hard to put into words. Being out and consciouses is by far a much different experience to have. As your as astral form looks just like your physical except a more perfect version of it. It is also a body that is not flesh and bone but rather a body made of finer matter that acts more like light and energy giving off its own light wherever you go.

It is extremely sensitive to thought and emotions so learning to navigate it take some getting used to. As you move your astral body by thought now as gravity has no effect on it. In many ways you feel more alive being out then when you are back in the physical.

So, for a while you just drift and float about aimlessly around the room until you direct your thought to move in a manner you are more use to. Once you have learned to focus the mind you can travel anywhere you wish just by thinking of where you want to go and proof! your here!!! Be it on the physical or astral dimensions. Also, a simple hug of affection with a friend feels like ecstasy whereas a mere feeling of disgusted can feel like purgatory or hell. As feelings and emotions on this level of reality are amplified ten times over as emotions don't have to filter thru a dense heavy physical body anymore. They are pure and raw on the 4th dimension. In time you experience other dimensions of reality that have both human and non-human souls that exist in these realms. Communication is usually by thought and feeling though some do communicate by speaking. Some of the souls that live in these other dimensions have never been physical nor will they ever be but have instead taken another line of spiritual evolution than that of man. So, for them being astral is the lowest form of reincarnation for them.

So, learning the art of astral or soul travel is worth the effort of learning. It teaches one that you are eternal by nature as soul and that death is nothing to be afraid of. It also prepares one for the reality that awaits them when death does takes place. So that one can transitions more easily once our earthy incarnation is over with.

Love and peace.

P.

Last edited:
(although I've read some stories where they didn't enter the womb until closer to birth).
Maybe that's why you remember so much?
I remember being in the womb and was aware of the months passing by (e.g. in August I thought about how it'd been 4 months already and that I died in August in my other life). I think I did go straight back though, I wonder where people go though if they take ~10 years to return, because I've never been there ;)

Polaris- thank you for your reply. Previously I didn't really believe in the existance of astral projection, soul travel, fourth dimension, etc, but you've opened my eyes because my experiences were exactly as you describe. I think I'll do some more reading on this topic- anything you recommend?

As your as astral form looks just like your physical except a more perfect version of it. It is also a body that is not flesh and bone but rather a body made of finer matter that acts more like light and energy giving off its own light wherever you go.
After my death at night, I wandered around body-less for a few hours. I was bright in appearance but gave off no actual light (i.e. physical surroundings were still dark). I was wearing my favourite uniform (which was different from my clothes when I died- like the illustration in my first post). I'm sure I looked younger too, although I couldn't see what I looked like because I didn't show up in any mirrors.

It is extremely sensitive to thought and emotions so learning to navigate it take some getting used to. As you move your astral body by thought now as gravity has no effect on it. In many ways you feel more alive being out then when you are back in the physical.

So, for a while you just drift and float about aimlessly around the room until you direct your thought to move in a manner you are more use to.
At first I couldn't figure out how to move so when the SS moved my body and put it into the furnace, I was pulled along too. But a little while later I figured out how to navigate and flew up the crematorium chimney at a very high speed, oops, too fast!
I agree with the "feeling more alive" part- it's hard to describe but everything seemed sharper, more in focus. I could hear the SS men walking around from a further distance. The night air was cool and crisp. When the sun rose, it came up in a brilliant array of colours. Strange because I had no physical eyes or ears or nerve cells to detect these things.

Once you have learned to focus the mind you can travel anywhere you wish just by thinking of where you want to go and proof! your here!!!
I think this is true; when I tried to remember the order of places I visited post-mortem and how I got there, I realised that I had "teleported" or otherwise travelled very quickly at the blink of an eye. While writing down my memories, it frustrated me that I couldn't piece together everything linearly (like human travel) but this is a good explanation for that, then.

Communion is usually by thought and feeling though some do communicate by speaking.
I met another prisoner at the camp who'd just died too. At first I tried "speaking" to him (i.e. moving my mouth) but it didn't quite work (maybe he didn't understand German). But I got the feeling that his name was Franciszek, he was from Poland, and his wife and child had escaped arrest and moved to Paris. I promised to find him in my next life. We watched the sun rise and I lost consciousness.

Franciszek actually found me in my next life, he'd been looking for me and waited until the borders within the Eastern Bloc opened and he could travel to Berlin where I lived. At first I was quite skeptical because, well, he looked like a hippie, but he gave his explanation (which was quite long so I won't include it in this post) and it made sense. I wonder if I'll see him again in this life too.

Last edited:
Right, that makes sense from a scientific point of view.
But from a spiritual point of view, you'd expect to be seeing your physical body with your "eyes", instead of just imagining what your body looks like based on what your brain is feeling.
So it made me a bit conflicted about what to believe.
Not trying to sway anyone one way or the other, BTW, I can't even sway myself.
The word 'brain' here which you used is ambiguous, I'm not sure what is meant. It's like a double-headed arrow pointing in opposite directions.

To me, the brain is part of the physical body, it receives inputs from our physical senses - though such inputs can be hard to interpret, for example optical illusions can confuse our senses. To others the word 'brain' is used to refer to the mind, our thoughts - the essentially non-physical reality. I understand it comes naturally to some to use the words 'mind' and 'brain' interchangeably as though they were the same thing. But in my view it is necessary, in order to understand ideas such as life before birth and after death to realise that the mind is continuous, while the brain is just 'ashes to ashes, dust to dust'.

I have had some conscious OBE's. Not really pleasant, except for one that left me in an ecstatic mood the following day as well. I did some experiments in the latter and noticed that there was some difference going through matter with my astral body. Unfortunately, I can't repeat that experience as much as I've tried afterward. I am sure that I astral travel in my sleep without realizing this. In my sleep, I roam around empty houses as a kind of habit. For a long time, I just thought about it as dreams, until one night I was noticed by some habitants and denied access*. I always thought I just went through empty houses but after this incident, I came to the conclusion that maybe they seem empty because I visit the astral form of the houses and that maybe they are actual houses and homes in real life.

I also have some memories of leaving the body after death in a past life. On one occasion, my soul already left moments before the physical death. That was when I fell from a huge cliff. A weird thing, falling down and going up before the body hit the ground.
On another occasion, my past life memory started with my soul leaving Earth. Most likely ancient Greece or another place with monumental buildings with huge white pillars. I had visions of my point of view going further and further away from the buildings. Later, I dived into some scenes in a kind of dungeon where I was mistreated and left to die in a hole in the ground.
I also experienced a weird possible past life memory in which I was (a male) soldier who was about to jump out of a military plane. The moment he wanted to jump, a flash came over him, being the female who let herself fall from the cliff. It was an instant realization moment in which three lives fused as one (including my current self). I don't know what happened next but I assume he was pushed out of the plane anyway by one of his superiors.

* in this dream I told those people I belonged to them and they slowly recognized me as their daughter and we had a reconciliation of some kind, so I guess this was not just a dream but an astral meeting and I have no clue (in my waking state) how I managed to find some parents that I was never aware of and never missed before.

To me, the brain is part of the physical body, it receives inputs from our physical senses - though such inputs can be hard to interpret, for example optical illusions can confuse our senses.
Yeah, I meant the physical brain. You mentioned your body not being in the same position as you "felt" it to be in, I assumed you meant the actual physical sensation of feeling, which would all be signals going up to your brain. Re-reading now, I guess you might have meant a different kind of "feel".

I had thought you meant that, being in a paralyzed state, the brain gets a little confused trying to use physical sensation to determine where the limbs should be, and tries to guess.

On one occasion, my soul already left moments before the physical death. That was when I fell from a huge cliff. A weird thing, falling down and going up before the body hit the ground.
Could've been from shock or something?

Could've been from shock or something?

It just went like that. Something I wouldn't have expected. Logically, you assume that you die because of trauma to the physical body. But maybe you are right, as I think it over. When you fall down you can't breathe, so that might have caused a shock.

Yeah, I meant the physical brain. You mentioned your body not being in the same position as you "felt" it to be in, I assumed you meant the actual physical sensation of feeling, which would all be signals going up to your brain. Re-reading now, I guess you might have meant a different kind of "feel".
Yes, I realise what I wrote was not very clear. What I meant (and this has happened in another OBE) was that until I opened my physical eyes and tried to move, any 'feeling' or expectation I had was still the non-physical, I was still in the astral type of perspective. But opening the eyes and then trying to move, that caused a rapid re-orientation, a shift in perspective.

The one I mentioned about the ordinary dream, I had no idea what position my body was in, but it just seemed as though my arms were somewhere loosely by my sides. The real (physical) situation, one arm had gone numb and had no feeling, the brain wasn't reporting anything at all. It took a few minutes for that arm to recover feelings. It often seemed to happen to me around that time. On one occasion I lost all sensation in one leg (during sleeping) and when I tried to stand I fell over. These things I'm sure have a physical explanation, but the mental concept I had of my body was that everything was just fine and well.

I'm relating these relatively ordinary experiences in the context of an OBE since in the OBE I lose all awareness of the physical body, not just an arm or a leg, but the whole body. So I think these things are all part of the same phenomena, having an astral as well as a physical description.

Polaris- thank you for your reply. Previously I didn't really believe in the existance of astral projection, soul travel, fourth dimension, etc, but you've opened my eyes because my experiences were exactly as you describe. I think I'll do some more reading on this topic- anything you recommend?

After my death at night, I wandered around body-less for a few hours. I was bright in appearance but gave off no actual light (i.e. physical surroundings were still dark). I was wearing my favourite uniform (which was different from my clothes when I died- like the illustration in my first post). I'm sure I looked younger too, although I couldn't see what I looked like because I didn't show up in any mirrors.

At first I couldn't figure out how to move so when the SS moved my body and put it into the furnace, I was pulled along too. But a little while later I figured out how to navigate and flew up the crematorium chimney at a very high speed, oops, too fast!
I agree with the "feeling more alive" part- it's hard to describe but everything seemed sharper, more in focus. I could hear the SS men walking around from a further distance. The night air was cool and crisp. When the sun rose, it came up in a brilliant array of colours. Strange because I had no physical eyes or ears or nerve cells to detect these things.

I think this is true; when I tried to remember the order of places I visited post-mortem and how I got there, I realised that I had "teleported" or otherwise travelled very quickly at the blink of an eye. While writing down my memories, it frustrated me that I couldn't piece together everything linearly (like human travel) but this is a good explanation for that, then.

I met another prisoner at the camp who'd just died too. At first I tried "speaking" to him (i.e. moving my mouth) but it didn't quite work (maybe he didn't understand German). But I got the feeling that his name was Franciszek, he was from Poland, and his wife and child had escaped arrest and moved to Paris. I promised to find him in my next life. We watched the sun rise and I lost consciousness.

Franciszek actually found me in my next life, he'd been looking for me and waited until the borders within the Eastern Bloc opened and he could travel to Berlin where I lived. At first I was quite skeptical because, well, he looked like a hippie, but he gave his explanation (which was quite long so I won't include it in this post) and it made sense. I wonder if I'll see him again in this life too.

Spiegel, well there are a lot of books and information out there in learning to have an out of body experience. However, one book I would recommend reading before you do is, Arthur E. Powell (The Astral Body). It goes into great detail about the nature of the astral body, and the astral dimension itself. What is it made out of, how the laws of physics work on that dimension plus the purpose and nature of the soul and its spiritual evolution in-between lifetimes.

When I was first starting out learning how to travel consciously, this book helped me greatly in understanding what I was experiencing while out.
Also, the astral plane is just one of many dimensions beyond the physical world. And Author has written about those as well. But since the astral dimension is next to our dimension it is one where most of us visit at night and will be the first dimension we will experience after death of the physical.

Hope this helps...

Happy Journeys...

P.

Back