• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Hearing sound in memories?

melon04

For people who did past life regressions, did you hear anything when you saw your past life memories? Or was it completely silent? And if yes, did you hear what you or any other person sounded like?

I asked because I remember when I did my past life regression I didn't hear anything so I was just wondering. (I highly doubt there is anything wrong with having no sound though.)

I can't remember hearing anything. The few times someone said anything, it was worded in my mind, not in the ears.
Hi, folks:

Everything is directed right into one's mind during a regression. Even the images you think you are seeing - are already long time since processed by the brain and stored in the brain's internal format within the memory section - in the brain or elsewhere. You just kind of MOVE along your memory like a train moving along the rails. The brain no longer processes any information from ouside - it just perceives the information already processed long time ago. Of course, the audio information is also stored in its corrresponding internal format, but when perceived right from memory it doesn't produce the same effects as an unprocessed sound, maybe because it doesn't "pass" through those zones of the brain responsible for sound processing and connected with the corresponding sensations, like "too loud", "shrill", "coarse", "soothing" etc.

You feel something, nevertheless, but it's not like hearing a"raw" sound. You may even feel the warm air hitting your face skin, and something akin a sound, but different. It's rather the general IMPRESSION - psychological and physical - produced on you at that moment that you remember.

IMHO

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Cyrus,

I guess you are right. It's a nice image to think that we follow our trails back like following the rails of a train.
Still, maybe it depends on the wiring of our current brain. I am a visual person, maybe there are auditorial people around who do perceive sounds as pieces of information. I really don't know.

I am now trying to remember very hard if there was ever any sound in any of my memories/regressions. My favorite regression video on Youtube wants me to ask questions to a former self. The weird thing is that twice this worked in an unpredictable way. I mean, the answers I got were not what I had expected but valid in their mindset. But I think their words came directly into my awareness and not by sound.

There is one time however that a sound was important in a spontaneous regression. Not a pleasant story so I'll keep it short. This was when 'I' went into a kind of dungeon and I heard the sound of scraping metal and until now I still don't know what it was. I didn't hear this sound with my normal ears but I did hear it somehow. And although I didn't 'hear' it, I also experienced the sound of the metal door being closed behind the back of me and the torturer. This sound was equal to the realization that my life had ended, no way back, no escape. I guess the intense fear encapsulated those sounds and stored them in my memory.

Hi Cyrus,

I guess you are right. It's a nice image to think that we follow our trails back like following the rails of a train.
Still, maybe it depends on the wiring of our current brain. I am a visual person, maybe there are auditorial people around who do perceive sounds as pieces of information. I really don't know.

I am now trying to remember very hard if there was ever any sound in any of my memories/regressions. My favorite regression video on Youtube wants me to ask questions to a former self. The weird thing is that twice this worked in an unpredictable way. I mean, the answers I got were not what I had expected but valid in their mindset. But I think their words came directly into my awareness and not by sound.

There is one time however that a sound was important in a spontaneous regression. Not a pleasant story so I'll keep it short. This was when 'I' went into a kind of dungeon and I heard the sound of scraping metal and until now I still don't know what it was. I didn't hear this sound with my normal ears but I did hear it somehow. And although I didn't 'hear' it, I also experienced the sound of the metal door being closed behind the back of me and the torturer. This sound was equal to the realization that my life had ended, no way back, no escape. I guess the intense fear encapsulated those sounds and stored them in my memory.

Such sounds are rather remembered by our skin than ears, really. The impression they leave must be indelible.

And - wow ! - what horrible traumas you, folks, have had, as I see.

Maybe I'm a new soul that hasn't had many reincarnations yet, but I don't recall anything remotely similar to what you describe, not even from the only other PL of mine as a Syrian slave. And in my last PL I must have fainted right before dying, so I never had any traces of a trauma from that death, neither.

Best regards, and take care - the virus is still there !

Last edited:
I think that all the noises, sounds, people talking to me were in my mind. I remember the noise of choppers, the voice of another marine:" Come on sarge!..." "Sergeant's hit! Sergeant' s hit!"

the voices of my sisters on the day of my birthday party when I was 4 of 5 years old. I heard it in my mind. These are strong memories like the voice of the Navy medic who told me :
"It's gonna be OK son, we're taking care of you" but I died later. You cannot forget. These memories are still in me.

Last edited:
Such sounds are rather remembered by our skin than ears, really. The impression they leave must be indelible.

And - wow ! - what horrible traumas you, folks, have had, as I see.

Maybe I'm a new soul that hasn't had many reincarnations yet, but I don't recall anything remotely similar to what you describe, not even from the only other PL of mine as a Syrian slave. And in my last PL I must have fainted right before dying, so I never had any traces of a trauma from that death, neither.

Best regards, and take care - the virus is still there !

Hi Cyrus,

Don't worry, you have far more memories than I do. However, I don't think level of PL memory has much to do with being a new soul. I believe it has more to do with unresolved issues, lost loves, regrets, and other discordant, painful and sometimes traumatic memories of all kinds. It seems like there is something about them that just won't stay "dead and buried" along with the body we wore back then. They come back to haunt us, and sometimes cast a shadow over the present.

In any case, most people seem to go through life more "smoothly" without PL memories. Certainly, we can live better as an atheistic materialist with a scientific orientation or, like me, someone trying to live the Christian Life and stay within the bounds of accepted teachings. Having aberrant elements arise shakes up the world of ideas we try to construct and live in. It becomes too small, and adjustments have to be made. So, I'm still trying to live the Christian Life, but no longer trying quite so hard to "stay within the bounds of accepted teachings." Overall, I don't think it is a bad thing from that perspective, but it means that I no longer "fit in" and can't be quite as comfortable with certain sets of people and ideas that I used to embrace. Oh well, that is life and certainly that is "growth" if it has any meaning at all. o_O

Cordially,
S&S

Last edited:
I can't remember hearing anything. The few times someone said anything, it was worded in my mind, not in the ears.

I only had one true dream. I knew someone was talking to me. I couldn't see their face or hear anything, but I knew what they were saying. it was like watching a TV show I had seen before, with the sound off. I knew what they were saying anyway.

I did do one of those guided regressions where you visualize walking down a spiral staircase. I didn't hear anything then either, I suppose because it was a visualization. But I did see I was wearing a dress I owned.

I usually don't hear a thing. Reason may be that I either use guided med videos or it is music or sound that works as a trigger.
Once I heard spoken words (I didn't understand them), but that was the exception.
Would you mind if you provide more details about what you saw in that one specific memory where you heard words?

I don’t do regressions, I mostly have dreams or sometimes flashbacks. In past life dreams I experience conversations just like I would in real life or in normal dreams. So the impression is like actual hearing the voices of people and of myself. But I could not tell now what the voices had sounded like. It’s like there wasn’t anything specific about them, and I didn’t really pay attention to the sound of people’s voices, but to what they said.

In flashbacks it’s more like knowing/remembering what was being said, just like you would remember a conversation from current life.

Now that I think of it, I realize I’ve never heard any other sound in pl dreams or flashbacks than spoken words. In one dream I was aware there was a noise around in the distance (a frightening noise and it made me feel anxious), but I didn’t hear it, just knew it was there. Maybe it couldn’t be heard in this very moment I had remembered, but sometime earlier. Or maybe I’m just not good at remembering sounds (and voices) from past lives, don’t know.

A few times I heard a voice during pl dreams which I think was my Higher Self telling me something. I talked about it here:

https://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/words-accompanying-past-life-images.9950/#post-132839

Hi, folks:

Everything is directed right into one's mind during a regression. Even the images you think you are seeing - are already long time since processed by the brain and stored in the brain's internal format within the memory section - in the brain or elsewhere. You just kind of MOVE along your memory like a train moving along the rails. The brain no longer processes any information from ouside - it just perceives the information already processed long time ago. Of course, the audio information is also stored in its corrresponding internal format, but when perceived right from memory it doesn't produce the same effects as an unprocessed sound, maybe because it doesn't "pass" through those zones of the brain responsible for sound processing and connected with the corresponding sensations, like "too loud", "shrill", "coarse", "soothing" etc.

You feel something, nevertheless, but it's not like hearing a"raw" sound. You may even feel the warm air hitting your face skin, and something akin a sound, but different. It's rather the general IMPRESSION - psychological and physical - produced on you at that moment that you remember.

IMHO

Regards.

it’s well-said (explained).

It seems that the soul is the power (energy) to put on and to operate the brain system. I think the memories attached to the soul, then installed in the brain in a directory which supposed to be ‘inactive/off/disable’. Probably some memories come out in childhood since the system is ‘in progress/under construction’ to be archived, or some memories are retrieved by application of ‘dejà vu or a regression’. These ‘applications (inputs)’ may connect to the brain system to feel in the skin, to smell, to feel psychologically.
--- I didn't try a regression ---.

Regards,

Last edited:
When I heard the spoken words, I saw a middle-aged man in black robes who was squeezing a polished crystal with one eye. His hair was greyish. He had a beard which was this moustache-goatee combo you sometimes see on old paintings. I seemed to be floating. Immediately before I had seen myself in a curtained bed, and there had been some painted ornament on the wall.
I don't know what this means.

When I heard the spoken words, I saw a middle-aged man in black robes who was squeezing a polished crystal with one eye. His hair was greyish. He had a beard which was this moustache-goatee combo you sometimes see on old paintings. I seemed to be floating. Immediately before I had seen myself in a curtained bed, and there had been some painted ornament on the wall.
I don't know what this means.

Hi Seeker,

This may indicate an interaction with an advanced guide of the type that manages a soul group or many. As I indicated in a prior post somewhere (based mainly on the types that were described by Newton in his books, whether accurate or not) advanced guides tend to take forms that are also associated with the Jungian Archetypes for the final stage of individuation: The Wise Old Man or Wise Old Woman, which typically seem to take the form of shamans, priestesses, wizards, etc. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_Old_Man_and_Wise_Old_Woman) This is, once again, just an observation on my part (for what it is worth), and likewise based on types described by Newton in his books (once again for what that is worth). Nonetheless, I have often wondered and sometime thought that the pathway of advance is somewhat similar to what Jung describes in terms of the individuation process. Just a theory, but still interesting (at least to me).

Cordially,
S&S

I don’t do regressions, I mostly have dreams or sometimes flashbacks. In past life dreams I experience conversations just like I would in real life or in normal dreams. So the impression is like actual hearing the voices of people and of myself. But I could not tell now what the voices had sounded like. It’s like there wasn’t anything specific about them, and I didn’t really pay attention to the sound of people’s voices, but to what they said.

In flashbacks it’s more like knowing/remembering what was being said, just like you would remember a conversation from current life.

Now that I think of it, I realize I’ve never heard any other sound in pl dreams or flashbacks than spoken words. In one dream I was aware there was a noise around in the distance (a frightening noise and it made me feel anxious), but I didn’t hear it, just knew it was there. Maybe it couldn’t be heard in this very moment I had remembered, but sometime earlier. Or maybe I’m just not good at remembering sounds (and voices) from past lives, don’t know.

A few times I heard a voice during pl dreams which I think was my Higher Self telling me something. I talked about it here:

https://www.reincarnationforum.com/threads/words-accompanying-past-life-images.9950/#post-132839
First of all, why haven't you done a regression/have you ever considered doing one?

Secondly, were the dreams and flashbacks random or intentional?

First of all, why haven't you done a regression/have you ever considered doing one?

Secondly, were the dreams and flashbacks random or intentional?

I tried regression several times, but it didn’t work for me. When I do self-regression, I don’t get anything or after a while I get something, but it feels more like imagination to me and I forget about it quickly. I also tried regression with a therapist and I got just a few images which maybe were or maybe weren’t just imagination. In any case, it wasn’t much and there wasn’t anything emotionally strong, nor anything unexpected. Just some minor scenes from an already known past life. Some people are just not easy to regress and I’ve given up on regression and meditation at some point.

I guess your second question is whether the dreams and flashbacks came about by themselves or whether they were induced intentionally somehow.

I started to get past life dreams spontaneously without trying to induce them in any way. Only thing I did was I had always wished to remember my past lives since I was a child/teenager. But I hadn’t done anything actively to retrieve memories until then. Now, I get past life dreams when I’m open towards it, that is when I think about my past lives a lot, ask questions, when I want to know more. But when I focus on current life only or just don’t want to remember more because it bothers me too much, I don’t get any new past life dreams.

Flashbacks can also happen spontaneously in phases when I’m open towards my past lives, or they can be triggered by something. Sometimes they can “built up” over several days when it feels like there is something on my mind which wants to be remembered but I can’t really grasp it for a while.

But I get flashbacks rarely and although they feel somewhat stronger than regression does, I’m still a bit sceptical about them because I’m in waking state then and I fear my conscious mind and imagination might play into it. I go mostly by my dreams therefore.

My pl dreams can have a huge emotional impact. They can be very clear, detailed and vivid, but also blurry. And with my dreams I never know what happens. I get totally unexpected things from a known past life for example. Or a completely new past life may show up suddenly without me having suspected anything like it at all. To me it just all feels different, more natural and much stronger than regression and meditation.

But everyone is different. What works for me, doesn't need to work for you, and vice versa.

Yes, i really rememeber sounds in all my "PL" experiences, and without regression. at the end i understood that my issue is not exactly a Past Life memories case, but a Pre Birth Experience case Very Strong, when i remember a ton of things of other lives \ context and i remember mostly the pasted deaths, instead of pasted lives.
sounds are ever presents, however, also sync with imaging.
but i not need Regression for remember these things, just i remember few details, and i am wondering if there is not much more that is not on my memories.

Yes, i really rememeber sounds in all my "PL" experiences, and without regression. at the end i understood that my issue is not exactly a Past Life memories case, but a Pre Birth Experience case Very Strong, when i remember a ton of things of other lives \ context and i remember mostly the pasted deaths, instead of pasted lives.
sounds are ever presents, however, also sync with imaging.
but i not need Regression for remember these things, just i remember few details, and i am wondering if there is not much more that is not on my memories.
What do you remember about your pre-birth experience?

Also what are some other ways for people to remember past lives without regression?

Also what are some other ways for people to remember past lives without regression?

Hi Melon,

The short answer is yes. However, really deep hypnosis with a very good regression hypnotherapist still may be the most reliable (for those who can be hypnotized) IMO. Also, some (including some on the board) have spontaneous memories, and seek to follow the "trail" in a variety of ways described. Some use sound as an assist. For example, Tibetan chimes during meditation, or binaural beats (also available on Youtube). Different things work or don't work for different people. I only seemed to have some success with Youtube regression right up front. Since then I just fall asleep--which is pretty frustrating--and no memories afterwards. I also had some success (I think) with another technique that had to do with following up on strong currents in your life (such as a love for the sea) and seeing where they lead. I will have to look up the name on that one. What I got there was more subject to the suspicion of "imagination" on my part, so I'm not as sure. Then, there are those who have done some of the "Heart" meditation described on the board and had success. But this does not by any means exhaust the subject. I'll let others chime in at this point.

Cordially,
S&S

Sea and Sky is right, Hypnosis not work to much for me. And also i not believe too much in it cause i ever fear there is self suggestions or suggestion by hypnotizer, but that is just my thought about that.

for my memories, are long and complicated.
i remember various scenarios also if into a different way.
i remember into chronological order:
- african savannah, with ancient ominid \ cavernman, i remember the
some strange sound of the guttural language spoken by hominids or by early humans. but they were more sounds of animals than of people.
in these lifetime i learned the love for nature.

- i remember
an ancient dungeon where I was old and worked hard and hard. complaining. I don't remember what job I did, perhaps some kind of craftsman or carpenter. it looked like the Byzantine era, judging by architecture, or antiquity. I can say that I had no friends or human relationships and I had a life made up only of work. I suppose the gift of that difficult and hard existence was the intellect and the dedication to work.

- i remember a medieval war with the siege of a castle, and people shouting my name. there was the clamor of the battle and I was above the battlements of the bastion walls. below us was an enemy army. I think I was hit by an arrow or a spear., I don't remember. I only remember that I fell upon the invaders. I suppose from that life he learned character strength and to defend or protect people through it. but that it is also the root of many of my personal problems related to excessive character and emotional aggression that I am trying to improve with the hard work of self-awareness on my personal situation.
- then I had a much better existence, perhaps the only happy one. because I remember wearing gorgeous clothes and being married to a woman with long curly blonde hair. I remember her hugs and her cuddles. even if I hardly remember that language spoken, nor the environment. it looked like the inside of a noble house or something. decent enough anyway. I can assume it was around the 16th century. the language spoken is more or less the same as I speak in this life, Italian. personally I have a strong connection with the Italian city of Pisa. when I was there in 1999 I felt at home and didn't want to leave anymore. while, on the other hand, years earlier, I felt a sincere terror in visiting Marseilles. maybe.

****, forum cut half of my post.
*Sigh* Let we try again,.
- there were 3 other existences after that. I remember two explorers in a tropical jungle, which looked like the Amazon rainforest. they were surrounded by hostile Indios. I believe they were killed by them. they dressed just like the explorers of the nineteenth century. however, while the others were in the first person, I have seen these in the third person. Was I really there? or was my soul scrutinizing a historical event? or was I one of the Indios? I have not the foggiest idea. but I feel a very strong connection with the figure of percy fawcett, who disappeared in brazil in the mato grosso of 1926. if existence as a noble has taught me to appreciate the finer things in life, that other should have taught me to go beyond prejudices and appearances and to develop the eager desire to know and learn everything about any subject I have, in addition to the deep interest in other civilizations and cultures that I have, combined with a scientific interest.

- the next existence was not happy and did not last long. I remember a gray city, an unidentified metropolis. I remember being a boy who complained about the place and the people about him and that he smoked. I had health problems due to the habit and my mother took me to a clinic to do some checks. I don't remember anything else, but in that life I was a rebel and I didn't have a good temper.

- in the following flash I remember the living room of a house with a garden and an old-fashioned car, the electric ones that were used in the 40s-. I was looking at the reflection of the sun on the car. I was with my mother. I was a child of a few years of life, maybe 5 I don't know. I said words that sounded like "mom, the sun is getting big" or "red" then I remember that the light emitted a terrible flash and that we were literally invaded by the flames of an explosion that enveloped everything, with a deafening roar., we screamed and I felt a terrible burning. I tried to escape but it was like swimming in fire and a moment later I was swallowed by the darkness. the only historical event corresponding to this is the nuclear explosion.

I suppose it was nagasaki, because the arboreal landscape was more suited to nagasaki than hiroshima. among other things, the gulf of nagasaki is very similar in appearance to the gulf of cagliari, where I live now, in sardinia. curious coincidence. I recognized some place or landscape line by seeing vintage photos of nagasaki before the explosion and google map. but the place has changed completely and any attempts to remember names and places following the reconstruction are gone. Interesting feature is that despite being a Japanese city Nagasaki was a Christian and Catholic city, and had a large church. in this existence I lived in a Catholic environment and went to school from the nuns to elementary school. and i also have a congenital disease called enhele danloss syndrome, which affects the connective tissue making bones, muscles and blood vessels very fragile, so i must always be careful of physical trauma and not overexertion. and here comes the supernatural part of the story. because, between the explosion and this life,

I remember being in a large dark space where shining globes were floating and where there was a strange "music". the effect similar to the "3d star field" effect. my interlocutor was not seen but I spoke in an incredibly calm and loving voice that asked me questions about the kind of life I wanted and I answered him "I want a peaceful existence where I can have fun with games and have friends". and then I remember a flash of uterine life in my mother's womb, where I saw blurry dark pink silhouettes and felt her heartbeat and a lot of her warmth. and then I found myself crying in her crib at night while the TV was on and she got out of bed to see what I needed. all these memories have always accompanied me and I realized I had them when I was 4 years old.

I have always refrained from talking to people about it so as not to be taken for mad or sent to a psychiatrist. but having found this forum 2 years ago,
I decided I wanted to deepen the matter, even after hearing a song that woke me up a lot of memories of "Byzantine" life and that sent me into an identity crisis for a whole year. among other things in the Byzantine era I also found the mosaic of a guy who is my double standing out like a drop of water ...
(Saint Demetrius of Thessalonica. martyr, pretty strange coincidende that i named Demetrius one of the planets of my tales, when i created into 1999...)
ando also i have a strenght connection with greek alphabet, my face appearence have some greek trait and i love greek mithology.
I have always felt like an old and very ancient soul.
About my current life: well it was okay until the age of 14 years, then i had horrible experiences that destroy all my past. (with first saturn opposition,lol)
i have few friends, mostly with web.
i past mostly of time to writing, playing videogames, studying and chatting and taking caring of my old parents. (also if me too need caregiving).
i dislike sex and money and material things and i love to study spiritual and phylosifical stuffs, rater than materialistic science.
on past i trust much of science, but science atheistic vision of life not make me happy, is a very reductive approach of existance, i guess.

I wish you all well and good to all of you. Don't feel sorry for past lives. They may be useful to better know ourselves and the ways of our existence, but we are here now and this is the life that has been given to us. I suppose this is Christ's promised resurrection of the dead. Love your lives and take care of yourself and others. I wish you all the best. :)
ever closer to God, the Source or call it whatever you like.

Last edited:
PS fun facts: radioaction can seriously compromize ability of cells to regenerate each other and to regenerate DNA, i really wonder if this "explosion" memory is connected with my weak body, like the bioenergetic matrix is wounded, in that case, i am some sorta of weakened soul. on my childhood i was a very scaried and shy kid that had fear of,... everything! also of the pictures and of the photos...
and also i am photosensityve and i can't stay much into the sunlight into the spring and summer times. i prefear autumn and winter...
very curious...

uh, very strange, i am listening that playlist tonight i have a lot of "deja vu" impression, like i already listened similar music like that on another pasts...

PS: greetings Cyrus, glad to read you!

Last edited:
I had a PL dream once from my life in Rome where I was killed in the Colosseum. It was first person and I had all my senses. I could vividly hear the crowd cheering as I was lying there in the sand waiting for death to come. At some point I started to disassociate and everything around me seemed super amped up even though I was sort of leaving my body. The sound of the audience, my labored breathing, the feel of the grains of sand under me, the smell of my blood, etc., but at some point I just wasn't there anymore. I remember when I died, it just kind of faded out and then went dead silent, pun intended. That was the only one where I could hear any human voices.

For my other past lives, I did something that was more like a half-conscious trance instead of a full on regression. Hypnosis hasn't ever worked for me, but really heavy meditation does. It's like being half asleep, but you have some control and can pull yourself out fast if you need to. You get into that really deep meditative state, just focus on past lives, and boom.

Most of what I heard was like the sound of nature, campfires crackling, and hooves on the ground. Not so much people talking, but things like that. Organic sounds. Also a lot of rushing water, which the sound of really stresses me out. You know how a lot of people find ocean sounds relaxing? I'm not one of those people.

Hi Melon,

The short answer is yes. However, really deep hypnosis with a very good regression hypnotherapist still may be the most reliable (for those who can be hypnotized) IMO. Also, some (including some on the board) have spontaneous memories, and seek to follow the "trail" in a variety of ways described. Some use sound as an assist. For example, Tibetan chimes during meditation, or binaural beats (also available on Youtube). Different things work or don't work for different people. I only seemed to have some success with Youtube regression right up front. Since then I just fall asleep--which is pretty frustrating--and no memories afterwards. I also had some success (I think) with another technique that had to do with following up on strong currents in your life (such as a love for the sea) and seeing where they lead. I will have to look up the name on that one. What I got there was more subject to the suspicion of "imagination" on my part, so I'm not as sure. Then, there are those who have done some of the "Heart" meditation described on the board and had success. But this does not by any means exhaust the subject. I'll let others chime in at this point.

Cordially,
S&S
Are YouTube meditations good? Because that is what I did in my case.

Also what are these other meditations you mentioned? Especially the heart one?

I had a PL dream once from my life in Rome where I was killed in the Colosseum. It was first person and I had all my senses. I could vividly hear the crowd cheering as I was lying there in the sand waiting for death to come. At some point I started to disassociate and everything around me seemed super amped up even though I was sort of leaving my body. The sound of the audience, my labored breathing, the feel of the grains of sand under me, the smell of my blood, etc., but at some point I just wasn't there anymore. I remember when I died, it just kind of faded out and then went dead silent, pun intended. That was the only one where I could hear any human voices.

For my other past lives, I did something that was more like a half-conscious trance instead of a full on regression. Hypnosis hasn't ever worked for me, but really heavy meditation does. It's like being half asleep, but you have some control and can pull yourself out fast if you need to. You get into that really deep meditative state, just focus on past lives, and boom.

Most of what I heard was like the sound of nature, campfires crackling, and hooves on the ground. Not so much people talking, but things like that. Organic sounds. Also a lot of rushing water, which the sound of really stresses me out. You know how a lot of people find ocean sounds relaxing? I'm not one of those people.

i guess meditation, personally, is more accurate respect of hypnosis. at least you can be sure that resemblance and reminescence comes 100% from you and not from external sources or external influences.
i tryed out meditation but not much deep, cause on my home there is not sufficient peace for do that, but i experimented some time the feeling of out of body experience and the some memories.
i have some dream of PL when i was into a medieval great hall room with tables and candles and pedestals and torchs. it was night and there was just the flickering light of torch. there was some kind of
banquet, with people laughing, drinking and joking, dressed in tunics and dresses in the Byzantine style. from the sonority of the words it seemed that they were speaking an archaic form of Greek. I don't know what I was doing or what we were celebrating. I only remember the banquet and the atmosphere of joy, celebration and human warmth that we breathed. it was a beautiful memory. at least I know that in those days I wasn't always just slogging like a mule.

About your memory: gladiators? lions and other beasts? what kind of death? what feeling do you have if you watch movie like "the gladiator" or other peplum movies focused into ancient rome? you should try, maybe you will get some deja vu.
about the noise of the ocean, if into some of your past lives you was a sailor or one of the slaves that
they rowed in the galleys to the rhythm of drums, well ... little but sure that the sound of the ocean will be annoying to you. : \ just as I can't stand heat, fire and intense sunlight.

Are YouTube meditations good? Because that is what I did in my case.

Also what are these other meditations you mentioned? Especially the heart one?

Hi Melon,

Someone above pointed out the location for the "Heart Meditation." In terms of Youtube meditations, as the saying goes, "your mileage may vary . . ." I.e., here (as with other techniques), different things work best for different people when it comes to what you do on your own. You would need to experiment to find out what works for you. If you're going to a professional, training, experience and qualifications do matter. So, I would seek someone who is known to be good in the field where possible. I think, for those who can be hypnotized, a good regressionist (who is smart and skilled enough not to ask leading questions) is the "gold standard" so to speak. There have been some bad results where bad hypnotists ask bad questions. I.e., "suggest" things to the subject while the subject is in a highly "suggestible" state. In this regard, I have to wonder about random Youtube videos. But hypnosis for therapeutic purposes is still used by professionals and can be valuable. Dr. Weiss' books are all good, and provide a good example of what a good and extremely qualified and experienced therapist can do using hypnosis with a viable subject--in terms of both locating past life traumas (and other information of interest re PLs) as well as providing a "cure" to the patients in question.

However, in most cases with most techniques (assisted or otherwise), I am personally wary of absolute certitude. I.e, a strict true/false standard. I think it is very hard to reach in many cases. Consequently, I tend to stick with the more flexible legal standards for evidence that I know: proven by a preponderance of credible evidence (the at least 51% sure standard); proven beyond a reasonable doubt (the only objections I can raise to the proof are those that are not really reasonable, etc.); and the proven by clear and convincing evidence standard (which is in-between the other two and may still admit some doubt, but not much).

What evidence I have for my own sketchy "recalls" has led me to believe by a preponderance of evidence that I lived those putative PLs. That evidence includes not just external proof in terms of verifying certain things about the era/circumstances involved, but internal proof (acceptable to me if no one else) in terms of the probative value of these putative lifetimes for explaining certain aspects of myself that I could not account for before. However, since I am only at the 51% stage using both, my belief could be overcome with a fairly small amount of credible counter evidence. OTOH, the research by Dr. Ian Stevenson and others in the field puts me in a far more certain position vis-a-vis reincarnation generally. So, I tend to oscillate between proved beyond a reasonable doubt and proved by clear and convincing evidence on that point. I.e., belief in the concept and belief in the identity of your own PLs are two different things.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Melon,

Someone above pointed out the location for the "Heart Meditation." In terms of Youtube meditations, as the saying goes, "your mileage may vary . . ." I.e., here (as with other techniques), different things work best for different people when it comes to what you do on your own. You would need to experiment to find out what works for you. If you're going to a professional, training, experience and qualifications do matter. So, I would seek someone who is known to be good in the field where possible. I think, for those who can be hypnotized, a good regressionist (who is smart and skilled enough not to ask leading questions) is the "gold standard" so to speak. There have been some bad results where bad hypnotists ask bad questions. I.e., "suggest" things to the subject while the subject is in a highly "suggestible" state. In this regard, I have to wonder about random Youtube videos. But hypnosis for therapeutic purposes is still used by professionals and can be valuable. Dr. Weiss' books are all good, and provide a good example of what a good and extremely qualified and experienced therapist can do using hypnosis with a viable subject--in terms of both locating past life traumas (and other information of interest re PLs) as well as providing a "cure" to the patients in question.

However, in most cases with most techniques (assisted or otherwise), I am personally wary of absolute certitude. I.e, a strict true/false standard. I think it is very hard to reach in many cases. Consequently, I tend to stick with the more flexible legal standards for evidence that I know: proven by a preponderance of credible evidence (the at least 51% sure standard); proven beyond a reasonable doubt (the only objections I can raise to the proof are those that are not really reasonable, etc.); and the proven by clear and convincing evidence standard (which is in-between the other two and may still admit some doubt, but not much).

What evidence I have for my own sketchy "recalls" has led me to believe by a preponderance of evidence that I lived those putative PLs. That evidence includes not just external proof in terms of verifying certain things about the era/circumstances involved, but internal proof (acceptable to me if no one else) in terms of the probative value of these putative lifetimes for explaining certain aspects of myself that I could not account for before. However, since I am only at the 51% stage using both, my belief could be overcome with a fairly small amount of credible counter evidence. OTOH, the research by Dr. Ian Stevenson and others in the field puts me in a far more certain position vis-a-vis reincarnation generally. So, I tend to oscillate between proved beyond a reasonable doubt and proved by clear and convincing evidence on that point. I.e., belief in the concept and belief in the identity of your own PLs are two different things.

Cordially,
S&S
So what exactly does all of this mean? Does it mean that there is uncertainty regarding what and how much is real vs fake? If you have any experiences with this I would really appreciate it if you shared them.

Another question is what are some signs of a bad therapist?

Last edited:
Back