Helena Rose

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Marsey, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Marg

Marg Senior Registered

So how are things going?

Marg

------------------
    Motherhood is living in a state of perpetual exhaustion and bliss. And knowing your work is never ever ever ever done. LOL!

2. marsey

marsey New Member

An update on Helena Rose. She is eight now and will be going into the second grade this fall.

I read the forum every few months and remember back to the days when Helena first told me of her past life, and I am grateful to have had a place to talk. Since I had read Ian Stevenson's book many years ago it was not hard for me to accept Helena's words, but even still the experience of reincarnation from a first-hand account was, I think I may have called it "creepy", in my first post!

Helena is doing very well. Her kindergarten teacher said, "I wish they were all like this one!". Perhaps I am reading something into this, but I often get the feeling that she is more like Laura from "A Little House on the Prarie" than a today's child. I have read that a child that ended life abruptly sometimes comes back with the same personality and more "continues" the last life than lives a "new" one, and in Helena's case this seems accurate.

I did say to her a few weeks ago, "Helena, I know you no longer remember your last life, but do you remember anything about heaven?". She replied, "Yes I do remember a little...". I asked her if they ate and slept and so on. She said no, but I do remember one thing we did--we played. I asked her about what they played and she said that one game was a sort of tag..."but we just sort of ran *through* each other...?", which seemed to puzzle her. I also asked her if her brother John was there and she said, "Yes he was but he didn't look the same as John does now, he had loong hair (she showed me with her hands how long it was), I don't know how I knew he was (was to be?) my brother, somehow I just knew".

3. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thank you for the update, Marsey! :)

I wasn't here when you started this thread, but it was fascinating to read it now and hear Helena Rose is doing well (what a beautiful name, btw!). :thumbsup:

Karoliina

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you so much for the update Marsey. It is very nice to see you here again. Boy how fast time passes. It is awesome to hear about Helena Rose....Many Blessings..................

5. Simon_Platts@ya

Simon_Platts@ya Banned

Helena Rose I was moved by this story. Thankyou for posting it.

6. Frerotte

Frerotte Senior Registered

Amazing story.

7. leahsodyssey@ya

leahsodyssey@ya New Member

Memories Fade

Now I understand why memories fade and most people don't remember a past life at all. In time she will likely not remember it any longer.

However, I still don't understand why we must reincarnate at all.

Could you and your husband be her parents from the past life, but not look the same?

Strawberry blond hair (light red blond color) can look pink at times.

Could not get your link to work.

Keep us all posted, please.

Take care,

Leah in Oregon

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Leah,

Welcome to the forum - :)

The link does work, what internet browser are you using? Do you have any other browsers installed?

9. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Hello Leah,

Welcome to the forum. :)

I suggest you read through the FAQ section to find answers to the most basic questions about reincarnation and the possible meaning to it.

Enjoy your time here! :thumbsup:

Karoliina

10. marsey

marsey New Member

Helena will be 13 tomorrow and I thought I'd give an update. It's been 10 years since my first post and I'm still grateful to have had this site as a place to share my experience. As I said so long ago, even though I had accepted reincarnation after reading Stevenson's book, it was still quite jarring to meet someone that spoke of a previous life.

Helena is turning out to be a delightful young woman, kind and loving, very outgoing, but with a serious side too. No boyfriends yet - and I was laughing to myself this morning wondering if she would choose a boyfriend with red hair (like "Papa" had). I was remembering when she was little and terrified of men other than her daddy, her red-headed uncle, and a family friend with a full blond beard. The friend with the beard she took to instantly and loved to sit in his lap and caress his beard. She also remained terrified of loud noises for quite some time and the family was unable to attend 4th of July fireworks for many years.

I don't think I mentioned her love of cats that was apparent almost from the time she was a baby. Some of her first words were begging her parents for a cat. She even wanted her mom to put milk in a bowl on the floor for her to drink from. I believe that when her family was murdered she had only the family cat as a companion till she died as well. She did get a kitty for her 2nd birthday, but "Kika" turned out to not be the "lap cat" type and would have nothing to do with cuddling. I ended up with Kika and I still have her to this day. Kika talks to me and frequently comes to be petted but still will NOT sit on my lap.:laugh:

Best wishes to all of you for the good work you do here!

Marsey

11. Mary Elizabeth Anderson

Mary Elizabeth Anderson Member

12. Mary Elizabeth Anderson

Hi to all! I've been thinking about Helena's past life lately and I thought I'd give an update...and I have a question as well. Helena's in college now. She is in her third year. She has done very well over the years. For her first two years of high school she went to a Waldorf school but after two years she wanted more structure and transferred to a local college prep school. I do know that over the years she has had regular therapy with a local therapist. I never thought much of that because my daughter and I both believe in therapy for well people to help us all sort through ways to help us be more able to grow emotionally and spiritually is something we should all seek. But more recently I have guessed that Helena is experiencing depression. When she was little I always thought that one day she would need to deal with the trauma of her past life when she was older. I am wondering if that time might be now. I know that in my own life I experienced something that happened when I was little that I completely walled off from my memory for years and it was very traumatic to go though it as an adult. But it needed to be done and it really gave me a lot of freedom. So, thinking of Helena, I can hardly imagine going to your dead mother, and your father and sister both dead. All dead except for the cat. Horrid to even think about. But I do remember that when Helena first told me it was as though it had just happened.

BTW, about Helena's kitty, I took that cat and she was beloved to me until she died of old age at 16 years. Kika died in the winter and the ground was frozen making it impossible to give her a funeral. I wrapped her up and put her in a second freezer that was kept in the garage. It turned out that Helena found Kika and my daughter found her sobbing uncontrollably. But perhaps Kika was the last one to die leaving Helena all alone.

Now for some advise. I spoke with Helena's mom and she said it would be OK--and not inappropriate--for me to look into hypnotherapy that is available here in Maine. Doing a Google search I find only three Maine ads. Since at this time Helena remembers nothing and I remember everything (as far as she told me), I believe that a fairly lengthy discussion with the therapist would be a good way to begin. I would then again talk with Helena's mom. Then I would speak with Helena and if she is agreeable we would set up either a phone communication or an in-office meeting to explain just what hypnotherapy for past life life regression is all about. Any advise about this plan and what to look for in a therapist will be much appreciated.

Susie C and Jim78 like this.
  13. Susie C

Susie C It’s Me, Susie

Marsey, Mary Elizabeth, I have no advice but it has been fascinating reading this documentation of your experiences around your granddaughter’s past life, especially from childhood to adulthood.

I am curious: does Helena have any past life remembrances now? I ask because the memories often fade with time.

Speedwell likes this.
  14. Mary Elizabeth Anderson

No, she no longer remembers anything. The memory faded quite quickly and at the time we did not urge her to disclose more. But I believe that many triggers of it remained, such as a fear of loud gunshot-sounding noises such as fireworks, and I'd guess others that I am not aware of. As for my search for a therapist, I just had my first call-back. It is from a well-established group in Portland but as it turns out the therapist is a man and I was expecting a woman. But we had a long conversation and he impressed me as someone we should consider. He said that his work generally consists of one 2 1/2 to 3 hour session. I had expected it to take several sessions. Also, he said that he generally has his patients view the traumatic incident as though they are someone observing it rather than to go through the emotional experience all over again. I will mention that when I get call-backs from the other two therapists that I contacted to help me understand the methods that are used for healing. I'll write more when I hear from the other two therapists. For now, Marsey

Speedwell likes this.
  15. Mary Elizabeth Anderson

BTW, I have been posting since June 2001 but my old posts don't seem to come up. At that time Helena was a couple months short of three years old.

16. Mary Elizabeth Anderson

An update on Helena. Still no decision on a good past life therapist. One interesting thing...I spoke per phone with Helena last night for a long time... At this time she has taken every Spanish class that is taught and I told her she should start to study the history of Mexican music. She told me that it's kind of funny but since she was a little girl she liked accordion music. I spoke with her mom and she said yes it was true and they even thought for a time to give her lessons. Now you tell me, how many little girls want to play an accordion? Of course Mexican ranchero music has accordions but many other old time music does as well. Since her traumatic memories suggest, perhaps, a Minnesota Swedish life, I can imagine that her "papa" played the accordion. Perhaps we shall see if she decides to have a past life session with one that is experienced in this field. Marsey

Susie C and Speedwell like this.