Hello, glad to be here

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by mx72goon, Apr 12, 2016.

1. mx72goon

mx72goon New Member

Hello all, before I try and tell the memories from my past life, I would like to ask for you all to bear with my terrible spelling and grammar. I will try and have my wife proof read everything before I post.

I was a member of the the Nazi party more importantly the SS, for simplicity sake the 1st SS Panzer Div. Leibstrandarte Adolf Hitler.

I had my first memory about 6 years ago. It was not distorted, but very clear and all my senses worked. I have these memory's written down and will share them here.

Death: From my personal research, I am positive this first memory was in the Belgian Ardennes Early Jan 1945

I was at a full run. Small arms fire in the background while artillery or mortars incoming. I could feel the cold wind on my face, feel the weight of my gear, and then I caught a piece of shrapnel dead center in the back of my knee. I hit the ground, feeling a burn as another piece of shrapnel pierced my canteen and was pressing against my body. I threw it and continued to run, aware of the warm blood running down my leg and feel cold sweat on my face and neck. Then a second mortar/artillery shell hit as I scrambled over a fallen tree causing me to drop my rifle, a K98 made in the Oberndorf factory date stamped 1940. It was equipped with a Zeis Zielacht 8X telescopic sight.I left the rifle where it lay, picked my self up started to run, then extreme pain and then nothing.

This is my first memory, I hope to learn more on this sight and share so of my insight.

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi MX,

Welcome to the forum. I hope to hear more of your memories.

Cordially,

S&S

3. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi MX

Welcome to the forum.

Yep. Sounds like a past life memory to me!

Seems like a memory of when you died. These are often very vivid. Do you have any other inklings of life before the war?

4. mx72goon

mx72goon New Member

Tanguerra, I have had some pre-war memories, however they where of SS functions, glimpses of parades and barracks life.

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Keep thinking about it. Let it come. Starting a journal is always recommended. Firstly we usually remember the most intense stuff, but there will be things you might remember before the war. For instance, try to think ... what was life like when you were young? Do you remember your family? Brothers or sisters? It's all in there deep down. Going into the feelings is often the key.

Have a look around in the FAQ section for starters. There is all kinds of good stuff in there to get you thinking.

Take it a step at a time.

6. mx72goon

mx72goon New Member

like hunting rabbits: Poland 1939 (Attached to a Wehrmact infantry division)

some quick history(I will try not to bore you but I can talk about details for days) Contrary to popular belief the fist few weeks of the polish campaign did not go smoothly, there was hard fighting and a large number of casualties on both sides.

This was the first time most of us had looked death in the face some dealt with it better than others. This was the fist time I took a life, this memory is very clear I can remember the smells the sounds the direction of the wind, etc.

We where making our advance on a polish town (don't know which one exactly) when we made contact with the polish they had a 6 machine guns, I hit the dirt, I looked down the sights of my rifle and tried to fire, and nothing I had made the simplest mistake the safety catch on the rear of the blot was stuck in between positions. I quickly pushed the flat tab down with the palm of my hand, I regained composure looked down the sights again, there he was, a polish soldier bayonet affixed with what we considered to be an antiqued rifle leaning against the wall of a barn, fighting to get his ammunition out of his bandolier( I believe he though he was behind sufficient cover or he wasn't aware of how wide our line was) I take the shot surprising even my self in the rashness of my actions. The round hit center mass killing the man instantly, a Werhmact solider about my age yelled good shot, like hunting rabbits.

This was the first time many of us had seen combat, some took it better than others, this memory I have relived more than 10 times. I need to work on my writing ability I miss so many details If there are any questions just ask.

7. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Thank you for posting here! Please keep us updated when you have more to tell.

2 people like this.