How did past life knowledge affect you?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by DaveUK, Aug 22, 2013.

1. DaveUK

DaveUK New Member

I would be very keen to hear how you coped with the knowledge that came from discovering your past life.

I have found it a roller coaster in many respects. First I doubted the reality of it, then I accepted it. Then I felt at peace, then I felt emotional and cried. Then I felt something wonderful and intimate come over me and my life began to change in an enormously positive way. Then suddenly I found it hard to reconcile again and the doubt and disbelief creep back. Talk about confused.

The more research I did and the more evidence I find to support beyond all doubt that I was who I came to know I was, the less I wanted to share what I know because that what I am believing is impossible and a lie.

Figure that out.

I hope one of you understands because I sure don't and I desperately need some help and guidance.

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I grew up with it, so I guess I'm luckier than most. It can be overwhelming even for me, though, when things start falling into place and you realize that you really do have forever. It's big. But this physical, secular world doesn't like to let you ponder the deeper, more spiritual things in life. Just when you think you've gotten a grip, a lifetime of conditioning tries to beat it back down.

3. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

It just made me feel peaceful and at rest. Except for when many people told me my past life daughter is my spirit guardian. It made me anxious to give birth to her again.

4. Eowyn

Eowyn Wrought out of steel

Hi, DaveUK!

It is a roller coaster, and you can never leave behind your past lives, not totally. At least that's my case... though I guess it depends on the person, and the meaning that past life have for you. I remember a few past lives so it's more complicated and confusing for me, I'm always passing through different phases, maybe for a while it seems I have nothing to deal with, but then an event in present life or certain emotions bring back memories and again all the feelings attached to that past life.

It's not all about forgiveness (other people or yourself), it's not all about coming to terms with it and forget. There are memories that stay with you forever and they become a part of you. It's completely normal they affect you in some way or another, and they won't away in a week or two... You just have to learn to live with them, take out the positive part and "live" the emotions, not repress them. In time you'll find the way they can help you in this life. It's quite hard sometimes, but at the end you'll see it is worth.

5. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

Hi Dave, yes have to say for me it was pretty much the same. Don't know if that helps but if you bare with it it does get easier to trust your instincts & accept it, then move on with the knowledge.

I've found better relationships knowing I've known others for so many years in diffrent lives.

Another point, don't be too scared. There's something I've been working on. When I get so far the dreams & memories stop. I think I'm not ready to learn anymore from that yet. The mind is good at only letting you know what you can cope with.

6. starrynight

I'd be interested in whether who you think you were is a famous person or whether you've just learnt about them since your memories. The latter happened to me. Did non stop research. Believed, disbelieved, researched some more....:rolleyes:

7. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I think that it helps if you can identify the "theme" that runs through your past lives. They won't all have the same one, because we change and grow, but several will have a connecting theme. Try to look at, and identify the two lives that preceded this one. I've been doing a little work with past life Tarot. There are lay-outs that even beginners can use, but I have been using the Tarot for self-understanding for about 12 years now. If you have access to a Tarot deck, concentrate on your question, shuffle, and lay out the top three cards. They represent your immediate past life theme, current life, and future life. Any Tarot book will give you the meanings of the cards, but I would like to recommend "Past Life Tarot", and "Samsara Tarot", by Sarah Paul. She gave free internet readings for three years, and is the "real deal". Of course, with thought, you can identify the themes by yourself.

8. DaveUK

DaveUK New Member

I know exactly who I was, where I came from, what I did and how I died, when and where I died even down to the time.

I know the names of my parents, when they were married, where they came from and where we lived. All this from self regression, memories and other methods followed by hours of researching historical records to see if those people and places ever truly existed. I have been able to confirm everything. I have a picture of my grave and of myself aged 19 and photographs of were I was stationed in WWII. Yet still I sometimes find it impossible to believe. Other times I feel so connected with my past I know it to be true.

To be honest I think I have done too much too fast and have burned myself out. Instead of taking a step back and just listening to my thoughts and letting those things come to me naturally in their own time I have been endlessly digging, and on the rare occasion where things don't pan out or I find I was wrong about something, or misdirected I become very disillusioned and despondent.

9. starrynight

I don't know about anyone else but I'm fascinated to know more.

yes you could have burnt out abit, you're probably not the only one. I don't know how long you've been researching but it seems like you've found alot. I would say if it feels right then it more than likely is but it's no harm to have an open mind.

I researched loads but went round and round abit. I think time & more facts finally did it. Personally I go through periods where I get loads of dreams & flashbacks, then nothing. I think the nothing times are good to work on putting it all together. You might just have to let the facts sink in. I also think the more you learn the more you start picking up extra bits.

Just out of curiousity as another ww2 (think there's afew of us) I'm interested.

10. BriarRose

I hear you, DaveUK. I know name, parents, cause of death, where I lived, grave site, basically all of it. At first, what I felt was horror and denial. Then, depression about the futility of all of it. Now, most of it has been integrated into my current reality. It's a process that most of us go through. As for mistakes in the details, most of us have made them, and had to back track. It's not like we can go immediately to the family album, and look ourselves up! There are guesses on the way to the full truth. I would posit that it might be possible to know exactly who, what, and where we were, but still not understand all our PL motivations. Sometimes, our sex, race, religion and economic status are different. Without a doubt, the times we are living in are different. It seems that the immediate past life is the most difficult to process. At least it was for me. How long have you been sure about the details?

11. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

My them is Melancholy 3 past lives and this one.

creative people often have this.

I am greatful I shelved one past life.

that was so painful for more years than I can count.

12. DaveUK

DaveUK New Member

I felt peace. I wasn't until I stared to investigate that doubt crept in. I knew it was true but half a century of conditioning makes you cynical about everything beyond the norm. It was when I began looking into the identity of a woman in my recurring memories that I got thrown a curve. She remains a mystery.

We thought we had a name and place but it didn't work. I became very sceptical again. Then that little voice said "you do realize your looking in the wrong places and the wrong years don't you?" that I came back to reality. I had tried to do too much too soon and burned myself out and became careless. Nights without sleep searching and constantly trying to find proof took it's toll. I still have moments of very real doubt, I would be lying if I said I didn't. It is after all against everything we are conditioned to accept, but it has changed my life for the better.

Only now am I sure of the details of the retrospective past. The details of past memories and all that came with them which I have always been sure of make sense now. I (we) feel utterly at peace. Now planning how to move on is the priority. People are seeing a change in me, but few know the reason for it. I plan on keeping it that way. ;)

13. BriarRose

Well, then I would say your path of discovery was the right one for you. The "little voice" you heard may have been your "guidance". Did you have any belief in reincarnation before the revelations happened? Perhaps the identity of the woman will still be discovered.

14. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

In my case, I found various talents, interests and strange familiarities, all of which had no bearing in anything I had done or known. As I investigated these anomalies the previous lives came into focus and defined the sources of the talents, interests and familiarities and the identities became clear through serendipitous events proven later.

As for coping or coming to terms with the fact of those previous lives, I have not felt much trauma or negative effect. Actually, the converse has been the primary result...release and satisfaction seems to put to bed the previous confusion about how and why I felt the way I did about the anomalies.

I have also found satisfaction in identifying many of the primary actors with me in those past lives as friends and family I have in this life now. We "act" together from life to life, all playing different roles with and for each other. This takes considerable sting out of the love we hold for those in this life and their inevitable loss upon death...it is my belief death means they have left the stage, but upon the conclusion of the performance, we see them backstage, pop a bottle of champaigne and laugh about our performances and begin planning the next one!

What a great game!

15. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

Never felt much emotion but it just helped me feel more at peace and gave me a calmness and understanding of things around me.

16. Conroy

Conroy New Member

I have to say that with mine, rather than having brought massive trauma or a mass of emotions to the surface, it's helped me understand why I am the way I am now in certain respects.

The regression I had in June, for example, helped me understand why I particularly like sitting on the beach, looking out to sea for hours. It was my way of escaping an unhappy atmosphere in my house and was my 'clearing house' emotionally in that past life. To this day, I find it very calming and inspirational.

It also helped me understand why I'm so comfortable in my own company, as that life was a lonely one for the most part (at least the scenes I saw).

17. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Cont...

Hello,

I strongly feel that participation in 'The Past Life Forum' may help evoke possible PL memories (which may be added to this discussion thread).

Best holiday wishes!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015