How do you remember a past life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Atheos, May 30, 2009.

1. Atheos

Atheos New Member

Hi all.
    I'm new to this site and to the idea of reincarnation. I've recently become interested in it since I left christianity not long ago, and as I've realized that the ubiquitous scientific view of the idea that there is no consciousness beyond the brain, might be nothing but ignorance of the insufficient amount of information we have to draw such conclusions.

However, I've been briefly reading through different discussions at this forum and I've found some descriptions of past lives which I find outrightly amazing (though I'm naturally sceptic at this early point). A question incensed when I read some discussions, and which I would like to have answered here - is, how do you remember a past life? Is there any way to deliberately provoke a remembrance - or is there only a natural roll of luck involved?

2. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I imagine the best way to deliberately "provoke" a rememberence is using hypnosis to undergo a past-life regression. Unfortunately, some people are better at being hypnotised than others, and finding a good hypnotist who specializes in PL's isn't easy and can be expensive (I've never been able to afford it). Fortunately there are some inexpensive self-hypnosis regression tapes you can find out about on this site, and if you have quiet time on the computer there are even some PL regression videos on youtube.

Another method people seem to be very successful with is meditation.

3. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Welcome to the forum Atheos :)

Are you interested in learning about your own lives, or just asking out of curiosity at this point?

A good thread to start with is How can I learn about my past lives? Many individuals may experience past life dreams in some form and not even be cognizant of it - as they don't know what they're looking for.

Here's a great list of Audio cd's suitable for past life regressions . My personal preference is for simple tones such as Tibetan Bells. I don't like being "guided" through a regression, I find it distracting. However, many people have success with this method and you may want to give it a try. ;)

In my own experience, I've remembered past lives since I was little. I have gotten information from dreams, meditations, regression, spontaneous recall - and more. I think it's healthy to be skeptical and to look at all of the possibilities when exploring your past lives - and I'm a big believer in validation :)

You may want to browse through the threads in the FAQ Section - there's a lot of great info listed there.

Aili

4. msmir

msmir New Member

There are many ways, if you find a good reputable past life regressionist (hypnotherapist), like stated above that is one way. I admit I have gone to very good mediums who were able to read everything from the Akashic Records. That is the area where every act, thought, words spoken or any experience you had are stored.. professional mediums can read those, pretty interesting.

5. W.A. HEART

W.A. HEART Senior Registered

Hello Atheos! Welcome to the Forum!

I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on those links Aili picked out for you. Do you have any memories yourself, or feelings that you relate to possible past lives of yours?

I think memories come in all sorts of ways - for me they do.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

Ha! Very well put! :D :D

6. Alexnovo

Alexnovo Senior Registered

Hi Atheos, I also want to welcome you to the forum. I understand the point you made about naturally being a "skeptic at this early point." There is nothing wrong with that, and indeed I think we all must be skeptical of many things. Healthy skeptism is always useful. Skeptism can also become dogmatic and lead people to disregard the facts, that do not fit within "conventional wisdom." The key is determining the correct balance between it and accepting what may be considered by some to be unconventional ideas. Each person must find the right balance for themselves. For me, I do not pretend to know the mechanics of the hows and whys of reincarnation, what I have come to realize is that I have memories and knowledge of things that I should not otherwise know (based upon this life's experiences). Many, but not all of those memories have been partially (not fully confirmed by research that I have done). Based upon that, I considered all of the possible reasons for these memories and while to some reincarnation may seem a fantastic supernatural explanation, to me it is the least fantastic, the least supernatural explanation.

As to recovering your own memories, I totally agree with what the others have said. I would also say, keep your skeptism, but also be open to the idea that what the mainstream thinks may not always be right.

Once again welcome

7. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Any memories of print signs, logos, etc.

How many people remember print in words, logos, symbols, advertisments, etc. associated with possible past-lives? Such specific memories may help with research of historical records; which may help pinpoint the identities of PLs.

Personally, several of my memories involve vehicles (mostly transport trucks) i.e., I feel I was with a Quartermaster unit in WWII North Africa (as I have no memories of active conflicts). Many of these vehicles had painted print letters/numbers. Yet, at this I've been unable to recall specific print; which as I said may provide excellent leads towards my PLs identity.

8. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Can jingles, slogans, etc. from advertisments past evoke PL memories?

Experts tell us that jingles, slogans, etc. especially in the audio of advertising "sticks in our minds."

Is it possible to evoke possible past-life memories through viewing and listening to advertisments made decades earlier?

Thank-you