How has belief in reincarnation changed your life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Sarellah, May 3, 2013.

1. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

I always believed in it so it didn't really change my life, but I can see how life develops over time looking back

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

It set me on a path of discovery and opened my mind to things I never thought possible.

3. starrynight

starrynight Senior Registered

I think I understand myself and others much more.

4. flashback

flashback On hold...

Changed the way i saw life, mainly, i´ve lost fear.

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I agree with that, flashback. :)

6. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

In some ways, reincarnation gives me a sense of futility. It's like doing laundry - you do it all, and the work just comes back again. I know, bad attitude. cover face I think it's discouraging that we spend decades learning, and then most of us are reborn, as ignorant as swans!

7. Sarellah

I don't think that's true; we definitely retain the lessons. We just repress them into our subconscious mind.

8. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I don't think it's true,either.

9. Sarellah

If you truly integrated the lesson into your worldview once in your soul's history, imo, you'd never forget it!

I don't care what happens next though...it's all about NOW <3

10. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

Yes, but truth be told

looking at my pictures of my youth I was

very angry in most my pictures.

I known why for along time

I didn't want to be here again.

And still feel that way at times.

11. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I have the same feeling towards doing dishes! But the feeling I got from the view "over there" when I was approaching this lifetime was of such excitement, anticipation and love that I can't imagine ever not wanting to do it again. I must say though, that I remember at the age of four running to the corner of the street as fast as I could go and when I stopped I could barely breath...my comment to myself and later to my parents was that if I was still in heaven I wouldn't be slowed down by having to breathe! So maybe we're really not so ignorant of from where we come!

By the way, as I sat last night on my front porch, I noticed my planned effort at only trimming the bottom small limbs of the two crepe myrtles that sit on opposite side of the front walk and allowing the vertical limbs to grow has borne fruit! I now have a beautiful, green "preached vault" covering my walkway!

12. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

At least in my more charitable moments it helps me to understand, I feel, why some people take the actions they do (eg taking part in wars/crime/major acts of selfishness/etc) and I will tell myself "They're young - young people do these things. You were young once. If you were prepared to come back to Earth again enough times then you'd get to be as 'old' as your best friend (a positively saintly woman I have known for many years now)".

It helps to some extent.

It also helps me to understand how I can be so different in many ways to my "birth family" this time round. If I thought this life was it and all there is then I would have no explanation for the fact that I think so differently to them at all and might think that I was "wrong" to hold various views I hold - rather than just thinking "No - I'm not wrong to think that way. They just want me to believe I am - but the truth is that I just think differently to them and I am entitled to do so".

13. Rustic_Kid

Rustic_Kid New Member

A belief in reincarnation has taught me to be more tolerant. Tolerant towards religions,cultures, life styles, etc.Reincarnation has taught me that we may not necessarily sent to hell for our actions but we will never get away scott-free with our actions. We might for a life or two but if will most definitely catch up to us. I have also learned that there is so much out there beyond our own perceptions and ideas and what we think we may know about the universe and the human being and mind. Also reincarnation has taught me to cherish those more whom I have around who love me. They chose ( or maybe coerced at gun point (I'm kidding)) to be with me this lifetime and we never know if they will be there in the next. Death is no longer as unnerving. Instead of worrying about a "hell" now I worry more about having to come back and where I may end up.

14. Phthalo

Phthalo Senior Registered

I'm not 100% sure if I believe in reincarnation, just as I'm not sure if I believe that anything happens after we die other than just being eaten by worms. Nevertheless, it's a belief I like, and I guess it makes me feel like I should enjoy this life more. It may be my only chance to see these people* and places, and this time period. It also makes problems seem smaller, because thinking about yourself over several centuries puts a tiny, commonplace problem into perspective.

* I'm not sure I believe that everyone always retains the exact same connections over lives. I think that some may be carried over, but I'm not a fan of the idea that we always meet the same set of people over and over again.

15. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Recently, I've been reading a series of books on the work of Edgar Cayce, by Kevin Todeschi. Evidently, even when Cayce himself gave a past life reading, the subjects were unable or unwilling to act on the advice that he gave. Currently, I'm reading about family karma. Only one family thus far in the book has profited by an awareness of past life family relationship dynamics. Some individuals had three readings on marital problems, and still made no changes in the way they interacted. I'm presuming that because they contacted Cayce, they believed in reincarnation, and wanted help. Past life problems must be very powerful, and very difficult to overcome, or there is some dynamic at work that I'm not understanding. Any thoughts?

16. Treehugger

Treehugger Senior Registered

I feel that since I have to come back to planet Earth I surely hope that humans won't continue to pollute it and kill off its biodiversity like they are doing so efficiently now.:eek:

I also keep thinking I hope I don't grow to like the lousy rock music and lousy movies and reality TV that children are being exposed to and thinking that is the greatest stuff because they are not being exposed to better material. I want to remember the better music and entertainment that I enjoyed in this life and the most recent previous life.

17. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Hello,

I've seriously considered what the future may be like for my future incarnation; that is social, economic, technological, etc. environments.

Treehugger; The futures of environmental, and cultural values are good points to consider.

Ironically, my belief that reincarnation is a good possibility yielded a 'Skeptic's Advocate' discussion thread:

Best holiday wishes.