How strong would you mark your belief in reincarnation out of 100% ?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kristopher, May 18, 2011.

1. Frerotte

Frerotte Senior Registered

What he said. /\

I would offer that I am at roughly 98 % most of the time except for those "vexing" moments."

2. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

What is the result of doubting ? I think mostly we doubt when we don't understand things that are happening to us, or to the World, mostly negative things.

I believe 100 %, but I admit I don't always live up to my belief. Often my Ego takes over, and I act or think in a way that doesn't show much spiritual development and understanding. Then I just don't want to think positive and kindly. But in my heart, this behavior doesn't affect my belief.

3. RemainingSpirit

RemainingSpirit Remaining Spirit

My belief became 100% when I had verifiable personal evidence that was obscure and unique enough for me not to have been able to have found it in any other way. Until then, I knew the possibility of being wrong was always there. As it is, I still feel that my individual lives are only possibilities until I have that verifiable evidence. And with the lives which I can verify - I am pretty much alone in my belief! :freak:

4. dr_what

dr_what New Member

for me probably between 75% and 95%, depending on the day lol. the more i read, the closer it is to 95% :thumbsup:

5. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

My belief in reincarnation is 100% currently, at one time perhaps 20 years ago, 50% but I always believed in an afterlife.

6. Looking Backwards

Looking Backwards Senior Registered

I was going to say pretty much the same thing, so I'm just quoting. ;)

7. momof3

momof3 Senior Registered

I'd say I'm about 80% sure that at least some of us reincarnate. I tend to believe that those who die young will get a second chance at life; however I'm less sure about those who live a long full life. It just seems that most past life memories involve an untimely death. Of course that could be explained by the fact that those are the lives most likely to be remembered. Nevertheless, I'd like to think that when I die I'll get to come back and do it all over again although the thought of reliving adolesence makes me shudder.

8. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I'm still 100%. And in response to your comments I think whether or not to reincarnate is a choice made by the soul. Not all souls incarnate, while those that do, for whatever purpose, may incarnate a few times or frequently...again determined by that soul's goals and direction. I do not think that reincarnating is dependent on at what age and how one died in an incarnate lifetime...these are human concerns as the soul invariably plans its incarnate demise at the same time it plans its incarnate lifetime.

As for adolescence...just plan a more fulfilling or amusing one next time! I know mine this go around was amazingly ridiculous...guidance still pokes fun at my misdirected antics.

9. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

I am totally convinced. :D

10. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I have seen proof so I am at 100%

11. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

110%. It’s good to always question your memories/experiences, but some are just undeniable.

12. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

100%. My research has proven it beyond a doubt for me.

13. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

I 100% know that reincarnation exists.

P.S. - I see I already replied to this.#G^H

14. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Ninety-nine percent (99%), the other 1% would correspond to that I' m making the universe up and nothing exists beyond myself.

15. usetawuz

Then make it 100% because I exist beyond you and am not a part of the universe you made up...

16. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Or maybe in the universe I made up you are supposed to say that you exist beyond me, but I have no way of really knowing. I don't think I' ll ever be able to prove or disprove it. It's similar to trying to prove that destiny exists or not. We can say that we have free will and destiny does not exist, or we can say that we believe we have free will but the choices we end up making are to follow our destiny. Anyways, this is a discussion for another thread I guess.

If I have a choice, I choose to believe that people exist beyond me and I did not create the universe. But the possibility is a philosophical question that will never make me be 100% sure that the world actually exists. Not that I usually give much thought to it though.

17. usetawuz

Let me just put you at ease that I have a complete and functioning existence beyond your purview...I am saying this in spite of you, and not because of you. Please don't expect there is anything beyond my desire to ensure you are not deluded with regard to that remaining 1%.

18. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

Are you saying that I'm crazy or that I'm not crazy? lol

Anyways, I don't want to be responsible for a massive de-railing, I would like to explain you this idea better if the thread gets splitted maybe?

19. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

20. Misty8723

Misty8723 Senior Registered

I am, and always have been, 100% sure.

21. Mimic

Mimic New Member

100%. Since I was about 16.

Around that time I had a four year old I was babysitting tell me "I used to ride the bus when I was big."

To which I responded, "But you're not big, you're little!"

She responded wisely, "I know that. But when I was big!"

22. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

100%, exactly where it has been since I found the proof in the local historical records that matched at the information my daughter gave me 12 years ago.

23. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

It helps me believe when I find "myself" in the records. This week, I found the life I was born into in 1650, a woman named Deborah Walker Godwin. I must be the "Doubting Thomas" of the forum. I always believe others, but I need evidence to prove to myself that it isn't just my over-active imagination at work.

24. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Don’t worry BriarRose, you’re not the only doubter here! Despite always being interested in reincarnation, and being pretty much certain ever since reading Dr. Stevenson’s studies, uncovering my own memories and even finding myself on the 1911 census, I still waver around the 60-95% mark, depending on how close to the surface my PLs are. There is always that little bit of doubt, which I think in a way is a good thing, it keeps me asking questions.

25. BriarRose

Thanks, helz. I do believe in the existence of reincarnation - it's just my own memories that I don't entirely trust. Past life recall is actually the logical explanation for regressing into a different body, in a different time. I agree with you, though - unquestioning faith in anything can be a bad thing. I need to bring a critical thought process to everything I do and think, not just PLs.

26. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Ah yes, I get what you mean, and can agree there as well! Other people’s memories always seem more real than my own - mine could just be an over-active imagination! That’s why verification is important for me too. I still have to go back to Dr. Stevenson's papers and old forum threads occasionally too, just to remind myself of what children have been saying, so that even on my most serious doubting days I can remember how convincing their cases are

27. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

I've seen this many times. How much more verification do you need? Trust your heart. It knows what it's doing (even if 'you' sometimes don't).

28. BriarRose

I may not be totally sure about my own lives, until we are all on the other side, laughing in a heavenly pub. tanguerra. Come round for a drink - the pub will be called "Stairway to Heaven". I'm open to better names. :laugh:

29. usetawuz

I'm partial to "Another Drop In the Bucket", myself!

30. learntolove

learntolove New Member

Hi everyone. I just joined this forum a few minutes ago, after finishing Carol Bowman's wonderful book Return from Heaven. I have always believed in reincarnation. Although we were raised Catholic my mom always had an open mind about it and that was instilled in me at a very early age. To me reincarnation makes practical sense while other explanations do not. However even I have had fleeting thoughts from time to time, that possibly there is nothing after we die. Then I realize there is really not enough to support that idea, while there is much evidence, scientific and otherwise, to support the existence of reincarnation. So to me, it is a given.