How The Hippies Saved Physics

Discussion in 'SCIENTIFIC and ANECDOTAL research' started by fiziwig, Nov 7, 2010.

1. fiziwig

fiziwig moderator emeritus

A very interesting lecture on the connection between Physics and the Paranormal, ESP, Remote Viewing, etc., this video is a lecture given by an MIT physics professor at the MIT Museum.

http://www.forum-network.org/lectures/how-hippies-saved-physics/

It's interesting to see that modern physicists are actually beginning to pay attention to this stuff.

--gary

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Thank you for posting the link Gary. :D

I liked the tests done with Quantum Encryption and beams of light. The fact that billions of dollars have been invested into information science and the links between paranormal and science. A very good lecture.

3. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

Yes, indeed - terrific lecture. And it just shows how even attractive and common-sense interpretations of the way science really works (like Popper's, or even Kuhn's) seem to ignore the historical narrative...

4. dlorde

dlorde Senior Registered

I'm not sure if you meant the second sentence to refer to the first, but it may be worth pointing out that quantum cryptography/encryption is not paranormal, it's accepted science/engineering (applied quantum mechanics). Aspects of it may be counter-intuitive, but QM is certainly science.

There are/have been many projects investigating the link between science and the paranormal, both military and civilian, but I don't know of any likely to involve billions of dollars - I'd be curious to see one.

5. Palffers

Palffers New Member

This is a very interesting lecture! Kaiser at his finest! I was amazed how well he presents this issue and in such a stimulating manner. Great video, defiantly one I will review and recap on on soon, thanks for the post gary!