How to find out more about past life?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by gale774, Jun 2, 2015.

1. gale774

gale774 New Member

Hi everyone! I am new here and, to be honest, had little interest in past lives until a few months ago. One night, I had a strange experience. I was still conscious, but also not "awake". I saw (dreamt?) a rather long sequence of events in which I was present, but not as ME. I am unsure whether this was a past life or not, but it really felt familiar, so I think it might have been.
    It was sometime in the late 18th, perhaps early 19th century England. I was a boy (notable because I am a woman now) who was apprenticed to a dock-master. My name was John or Jeremy or something else that started with a "J". I was lonely a lot of the time because few others my age were on the docks regularly enough to befriend. Those who were were usually cabin boys, young sailors, etc who would leave for months at a time. As I got older, the man I was apprenticed to, who had become a sort of uncle-figure to me, died, and I became quite bitter. Unfortunately, it seems I did some not very nice things to those around me-- which I would never think of today; I couldn't control myself in the dream, though. I also remember getting married at some point, though I don't think it was happy.
    What I am wondering now is how to find out whether this was an actual past life memory or just a strange dream? If a past life, how would I go about getting more information on it? Thank you all.

2. Ender27

Ender27 Senior Registered

Hello!

It could be either memory or a dream, but it looks like regression. To remind more details I listen to a music connected to concrete times or culture and think about it. You can also try autohypnosis. Look for videoclips on yt.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

There's a lot of documented information available because England was at war with France around the time that you describe, and a lot of that war was fought at sea. But you don't want to tarnish any memories that you have of that past life by reading books and articles just yet, so it might be a good idea to have a go at a past life regression, which you can do with a therapist, or have a go at it yourself. Then if any memories surface, you have all of that information available for research to try and validate those memories, it really depends on what you want from all of this.

That 'conscious, but not awake' state that you describe is the ideal state to be in to remember your past lives, and that is the state of consciousness you should aim to be in during a regression. The past life memories will be vivid and come in the form of 'flashes' or like a movie in which you have a part. They may stay with you for hours or days after and have a strong emotional affect on you. You should start a journal and write down everything that comes to you, however small and insignificant it may seem, because after a while it can all become like putting pieces of a puzzle together. If you felt that you were of the opposite sex, then I would say it is most likely that you were remembering a past life.

4. beech

beech New Member

in my experience you only know what you need to know. Think more about your thoughts and feelings around this information, who this man was and why he was important.

5. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

It definitely sounds like a past life memory! Before going to sleep or when just waking up is one of the times when past life memories can come through. If you wish to explore more there are a lot of interesting past life regression books that give you good skills on how to meditate and self-regress. You can also find videos on YouTube. I find that the longer ones are more effective as they put you in a deeper state of meditation (though watch your bladder, lol). Make sure you record all this information in some type of journal either physically or online as you will start to forget details with the day to day life stuff getting in the way. Once you have a lot of information you can begin the research phase where you can make validations about what you saw and match it up with historical record.

6. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi gale774.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it certainly sounds like a past life memory. It has a lot of the hallmarks - it's kind of 'ordinary', it seems that you understand a lot about what you were thinking and feeling at the time, it's vivid and memorable and quite detailed.

If you want to find out more there are all kinds of different ways to go about it. You can try self-regression, you can use CDs or Youtubes to help you with this as the others have said.

Some people seem to have more success with dreams than self-regression, and since you have had a spontaneous experience, you can try 'auto suggestion' before you go to sleep at night. Just 'ask' for a dream to show you more about this life. Be sure to keep a book and pen by the bed to write it all down.

Have a look in the FAQ section where there is all kinds of advice about how to find out more about past lives.

7. wuzujihet

wuzujihet New Member

Hi gale774,

This is really a strange experience and I heard this kind of experience first time. I think this is may be dream or a memory in your past life. If you want to check this is a dream or not, consult with a psychiatrist and hypnotism will work to find out. I am not expert in this field and I have no previous experience too. But I am still interested to this kind of mysteries, because I am writer from dissertation help service and still interested to write about something related to supernatural, unbelievable and psychological issues and I still searching for to get a new interesting idea from everywhere

8. AlbertBarkley

AlbertBarkley Rep

Dreaming and then finding up the reality from that dream is the most difficult thing that I have ever saw. However good thing is that you have inspiration to proceed further while finding your past. dissertation writing service

9. neiljakson

neiljakson New Member

As soon as I think about this post is that it is better for a person to forget his past otherwise he will live in darkness and away from the brightness of present life .

10. Was I Reincarnated?

Was I Reincarnated? Aidan

I created this account for that very reason. I had a memory of a past life.

Annabell likes this.