I am putting a past life memory here because I don't feel safe talking about it.

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by In Denver, Nov 23, 2015.

1. In Denver

In Denver New Member

I'm glad I found this forum and it may help me to post to it. I'm middle aged. I came from a great family and have a happy life. When I was in my middle 40's ( Now I'm in my 50's) born in 63. I was walking by some German Tourists on the east coast speaking German and they were lost. They were talking to each other and arguing how to get to their destination. I slowed down to listen and I understood them and understood where they wanted to go. I stopped and politely asked in english if they needed help and I helped them and they went on their way. One thing is I never studied German at all even a little. Understanding German never occurred before that moment but fairly regular since then. Even today I went to a movie a documentary in German and I understood it just fine it was terrifying because it was listening to a Nazi war criminal but easy to understand. In my previous life I died in 1943 or 1944 in a concentration camp perhaps, I was Jewish then as I am now I was born in 1907. I used to live in France but spoke French and German. The shock of loss of life still reverberates to me now. I died pretty suddenly and not of natural causes. I still have feelings for people that were in my life before. I'm glad I was born into my family for this life and I had a wonderful childhood. The first time I went to Paris never having been there and terrible with directions and maps, I found my way around like I lived there. I never used maps or now GPS because I more or less know my way around. But it was that way from my first visit. Its been that way all of this life.

I can't admit I understand German to anyone.. so if it comes up I tell them that English is west Germanic so its related... but It happened again today. I do speak French and learned it as a child . I know the story is a little disjointed, but I was born in the United States, my family was not affected by the holocaust, and already lived in the United States a long time before WW2. None of this has anything to do with my family in this life. I know people might say talk to a therapist about mid life anxiety or what ever, but this is not about anxiety. Its that I remember bits and pieces of my last life. I have not been a person that believes in past lives and came from a religious family that of course would not believe in it.

I was not a prince nor pauper in my last life, simply a man that was quite happy until I died and when I died it was traumatic. I still feel at home in Paris. But the bottom line is I want to be fully present in this life. Love those in my life that love me, and I enjoy my work. I'm not crazy, but feel that I needed to share this story with others that may believe me. I understand fully if you are skeptical and I am skeptical also except when I have memories or like today once again understood a language that I don't know. thanks for reading.

2. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Denver

Welcome to the forum.

Yep. Sounds like past life memory to me. I have heard things a bit like this before. Don't worry. People here will understand exactly what you mean. No, you're not crazy. Not at all.

So you get little 'flashbacks' from time to time? Many others experience this. I think it's a lot more common than most people would think, it's just they don't really know what it is and assume they're imagining things, or read it in book or something.

Feel free to tell us more.

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum. Yes, this sounds very much like past life flashbacks. With me sometimes I get a sudden thought when talking with someone that they were someone I knew in a past life. Have you tried watching German videos on YouTube? There are tons of them, both homemade and from the public broadcaster DW.

4. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Understanding a foreign language is one thing that's related to Pl for some people. How do you know who you were in your past life?

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

There are quite a few stories about children using foreign words.

6. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Welcome! Stories like yours are always intriguing. wine**

To me, being skeptical is a useful feeling that gives your mind the room it needs to gather more information.

But skepticism needs to stay in its place. It is for looking into reasons, research, questions, and discovery ... not denying things that have already been experienced. I'm glad you're not trapping yourself in denial.

Personal experiences are valid for what they are. They don't need to be explained or affirmed for you to have had those experiences. And yours are rather interesting. How language transmits from one lifetime to another is fascinating to me.

I hope you feel safe to return and converse with us about the details. I have found this to be a friendly place, even in the face of my strangest theories and questions. The members are generally lovely in character and very insightful.

7. QuantumP

QuantumP New Member

Hi Denver. Past life should not worry you. In fact, no one should. Our soul is a fractile of the metaphysical energy that flows in the entire Universe, God's consciousness w/c means that your soul is completely identical to mine. All of us, we are one. Like water, what makes us different is the container. Put water in a glass, and it takes the form of a glass. Put water in a basin, and it takes the form of a basin. Put water in a bottle, and it takes the form of a bottle. As we die a tragic death or when we have unfinished business, we carry on an imprint from our container — the body. That's part of the design so we may be able to continue the array of the ever expanding spiral, the Universe, the life cycle, God' body — the intricate arrangement of matter and energy.

spiral.jpg

spiral2.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/spiral.jpg.f7c3403acdc7464e70231eea6f0be40c.jpg

/monthly_2015_11/spiral2.jpg.80d72168b7621b51bf59c553a84fe725.jpg

8. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

You're safe here. People have reported much stranger experiences than understanding a foreign language. LOL

You might want to do some research on xenoglossy. It comes up multiple times in threads here, so it isn't rare. Most people who experience it (I'm one) remember only a few words. You're fortunate to have such fluency. wellllllcome

9. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

I have a similar story. I've had memories and dreams about a cnoncentration camp and I was a male in my previous life. I lost my little daughter to the Nazis who took her to an unknown place, but my son was old enough to 'work' in the camp with me. Once I was in Germany with my family, my mother asked someone for help, and I understood their conversation just fine, and I've never studied German at all. My memories indicate that I could have lived in France, maybe even Paris, in my previous life. I remember hiding in closets and other odd places when I was little, and one day after I hid in a wardrobe I shouted: "I'm afraid of Paris!" and for a moment I was very serious. My mother and grandmother looked chocked at me, because they knew that I never had been in France at that time. Do you remember what camp you were in? My English may be a little strange because it isn't my mother tongue.

10. In Denver

In Denver New Member

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments

I have been on travel and have not had time to look at the forum. I do appreciate the understanding and honestly telling the story has been a heavy burden off. So I appreciate the opportunity.

To respond to some questions, It has not come up for me what camp. Although we know from history that most French Jews went to Auschwitz, starting in 1942. In post I said I died in 43 or 44 but I'm sure it was 1943.

I do watch things in German sometimes such a movies etc and the news. I do speak other languages in this life, French and Spanish, and I understand Italian but I learned those either in school or of course French from my grandfather and then later went to school in France as an American student, But never studied German or around it. I have been to Germany but not until the last two years. Nonetheless it still occurs on German even after my last post.

There are things that have seemed to carry over to this life and it's a profound respect for life, equity and I loathe bigotry of any kind. I do feel much of my current life is a finishing of he unfinished and I hope I, doing that to be able to close my last life in a good way along with this one when the time comes. Without the trauma of the last one.

Another question was how do I know who I was. I don't know or remember other past lives only the last. Some of it is in dreams, but most of it is hard wired into my consciousness. My end was really traumatic in the last life perhaps so much so the imprint of it and my life before 1943 came through, like finger prints on a glass of water, It also feels like I'm able to see through a opaque curtain, and almost that I'm not supposed to see it. I died in great fear and rage and I did not expect it at the time, it was swift. So this does not answer the question precisely but it's a definite awareness, and occasionally I'll be surprised by my own image in the mirror expecting my last life image. I believe I have many of the same habits and mannerisms from my past life again a carry over. I started meditating a few years ago and that may have had something to do with some things coming to th surface or a peak through the curtain. Again I happy I this life, I have a super loving other, and really content.

Thanks for reading and your good thoughts