• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I Hope My Life Is Better In The Next Life.

Hi Maddy,

Different stages of life can also bring "transitions" into something better. I was an extremely unhappy person for most of my adolescent years, but things got a bit better when I "transitioned" to the more independent life of a young adult in college, and then got much, much better when I found the right person and settled down (another transition). But, there have been plenty of very tough times since then. A few years ago I was having to cope with my teen-aged daughter going through a long hospitalization with leukemia. She was a very, very, very sick girl. Very hard on us, and even harder on her. That is just one of many. Tough times are gonna happen, whether it is in this life or another.

Sometimes tough times last for many years, and sometimes they are gone after a brief visit. The "better" times are the same way. Another lifetime will not stop this from happening. There are still going to be good times and bad times. In terms of the history of the human race, we get a heck of a lot more of the good times now than we used to. Being a starving peasant in a filthy hovel (with a privy = a hole in the ground) out back, was never a great way to live, and that has been the lot of almost all humans through known human history. Things are much, much better overall for most humans in most places than they have ever been before. So, you probably have less to complain about than you think.

We are, according to what I have read--heard--and seen over many years, here to learn, develop, and help others. We have to struggle and overcome obstacles to do all of these--they are part of the process. So, whether you want to look at it as a school, a prison, and/or a boot camp, etc. you're not going to avoid stretches where, as you put it, life "sucks." (And I've seen plenty of those times myself over my lifetime). Consequently, and here I am speaking from personal experience, your best bet is to keep your spirits up and do what you can to look forward to and make things better up the road. If things are in the pits now, they are quite probably going to be going UP in due course. ;)

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Just my opinion. Others may have their own.:cool:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to consider long-term solutions for short-term problems.

I don't mean to be dismissive, far from it, I've been through hard times, more than once in this life. When we're in the middle of something, it can seem endless. And yet as surely as night turns into day, whether we wish it or not time passes. And time brings changes. During the toughest times, it's good to remember that time is our friend. We may suffer and struggle, day after day, seemingly with no end in sight. But - inevitably, whether we like it or not, sooner or later there are changes. All things come to an end. And that means bad times too. They come to an end. We never know what is in store for us, there can be surprising possibilities. Keep an open mind towards more optimistic times which may be somewhere ahead.

Life For Me Sucks Now. I Can't Wait To Transition. I Ready To Start Over.
reincarnation is not an escape for left the problems or responsability, problems exist for force ourself to growth and to become better persons.
i had a nice childhood, an hellish teen age, a sad youngness, now is not much good, but at least i have a lot of experience that help me to face that. escape is never the solution, and also, if you not fix here on that life your problem, you will get however, for karma law, into the next.

Life For Me Sucks Now. I Can't Wait To Transition. I Ready To Start Over.

It is just past karma acting. Even if you transition to a new body somehow, you will find the same karma and corresponding issues waiting for you there as well.

All spiritual exercises such as present moment awareness/mindfulness, unconditional love and compassion, service, virtuous conduct and others are meant to dissolve the karmic impressions which project intense desires in the form of cravings/aversions and generate suffering.

The ancient Indian philosopher Chanakya stated that austerity to be the price to pay for a happy life. In the present Kali Yuga or Materialistic Ages, where there is an abundance of the inauspicious tamas and scarcity of the auspicious sattva, unhappiness and misery comes easily to the person.

Through spiritual practices and austerity you can eliminate the karmas and lighten the consciousness, which ensures that bliss and joy which are characteristic of the pure soul, are not obscured anymore.

Suffering also destroys karma, but obviously the ideal choice is of destroying karma through proactive spiritual practice and austerity. The karma is eliminated and one also enjoys bliss and joy in the process.

"Even if you transition to a new body somehow, you will find the same karma and corresponding issues waiting for you there as well"

That's such a disheartening thing to read. So we really cannot escape certain experiences?

This is what makes me not want to live my current life sometimes too. Not from a suicidal point of view, just from a "i wish my life was different' point of view. I just hate certain aspects of my life, and I wish they did not exist.

But I also challenge that statement. If that statement is true, doesn't that impeach our free choice to change our minds, or just not have to have certain experiences?

I am also getting concerned that this talk of 'karma' is becoming the norm on this forum, and is now being presented as fact rather than opinion or belief. I feel this can be quite unhelpful for new members and only adds to their unhappiness, as their misfortune is then assumed to be the result of something they have done wrong in their past life. As an example, SheSearches has recently illustrated this by saying how disheartening she found it. I feel that we owe it to our new members not to worry them with ideas that nobody can prove as true or untrue. These topics are complex and difficult, and each of us can only talk from our personal experience.

It's both good and interesting to hear differing opinions on the forum, and gives us all food for thought. But for now I'd really like to see things more carefully voiced as personal opinions (however popular the ideas are) rather than statements of fact that apply to all of us.

I moved to Jim Matlock's Signs of Reincarnation group precisely for this reason. The New Age premise here put me off.

I am also getting concerned that this talk of 'karma' is becoming the norm on this forum, and is now being presented as fact rather than opinion or belief. I feel this can be quite unhelpful for new members and only adds to their unhappiness, as their misfortune is then assumed to be the result of something they have done wrong in their past life. As an example, SheSearches has recently illustrated this by saying how disheartening she found it. I feel that we owe it to our new members not to worry them with ideas that nobody can prove as true or untrue. These topics are complex and difficult, and each of us can only talk from our personal experience.

It's both good and interesting to hear differing opinions on the forum and gives us all food for thought. But for now, I'd really like to see things more carefully voiced as personal opinions (however popular the ideas are) rather than statements of fact that apply to all of us.

I agree with you very much. Personally, I don't believe in karma (no capital) at all. It's a religious concept to control people's behavior. Sometimes I wonder why this concept got a foot into the Western World (dominated by various Christian beliefs) and sometimes I think it is just because people feel a need for justification and accountability over the barriers of Life and Death.
O maybe the concept of Heaven and Hell has been hammered into our consciousnesses life after life, so the concept of karma fits in perfectly the moment it comes along.

I'd like to think that even the worst offenders get a second chance before disappearing for good. That's only my personal hope, rather than a fixed idea, though. But if we don't have forgiveness and love above all, surely we have nothing.

It is very difficult to form an opinion about Good and Evil in the light of reincarnation. I usually refrain from judging, even on hardened criminals. I just admit that I don't know, that I don't have enough information to make any sense about it.

Although I do have an opinion on an Earth level of course. If you do the wrong things, you have to bear the consequences in your life. Or not, if you slip through the loopholes.;)

Hi Landsend,

Can you provide a link for Matlock's group? I'm always curious about what else is out there.

Cordially,
S&S

It's both good and interesting to hear differing opinions on the forum, and gives us all food for thought. But for now I'd really like to see things more carefully voiced as personal opinions (however popular the ideas are) rather than statements of fact that apply to all of us.
The forum Mission Statement has a section on preaching which does mean that stating such things as you have mentioned as fact rather than personal opinion would be a breach of the rules. In practice the rules may not be strictly enforced, for various reasons.

Thanks, Speedwell. Without knowing reasons why rules might not be enforced I'm not sure ... but if that's the case, is there any point in rules? And what I'm very concerned about is how potential new members looking at this forum might feel, seeing the present emphasis on what has been referred to as 'New Age' talk. Thinking back to the time when I first came across this forum, if I'd seen the way it seems to be going now, I definitely wouldn't have considered signing up! I wonder what Carol Bowman's view might be.

I think we all recognise that the forum has changed in emphasis over time. Maybe it is related to the external circumstances affecting all of us during the past year. Or maybe there are other factors. I think the present state of affairs has gradually crept up on all of us, members as well as moderators. I don't think there's been any deliberate shift in policy by the moderation team, though of course there are changes over time in terms of who is actively involved, and what external commitments each person might have.

Fireflydancing, I have to shamefully admit here that I didn't even know karma was an Eastern thing! This forum is the first time I've come across it. It did strike me, though, that there's a certain similarity between that idea and the kind of judgment-induced fear of past-generational Christianity. Repent and behave, or you'll suffer in hell in the beyond. I'm a Christian, but my own idea of eternity is far more merciful. I'd like to think that even the worst offenders get a second chance before disappearing for good. That's only my personal hope, rather than a fixed idea, though. But if we don't have forgiveness and love above all, surely we have nothing.

Personally I have to say that the modern the church and probably to some extent the first church is built on a foundation of fear and guilt with a measure of self righteousness. I know that it wasn't always like that but to deeply feel that it had gotten off to bad start from the git go. This past year has pushed me further towards looking for real freedom beyond the established mode of western spirituality of earned "salvation" as well the tired modes of eastern thinking as you've highlighted about karma "sins".

I have heard that in usa they have a written warning on microwave oven: Not suitable for drying living animals.
Should we now start using warnings when we are not talking from our own experience. Something like this:
In one of my previous lives I haunted and punished in cruel way people who didn't have the same belief system as I did. Now I don't get much joy in my. present life. Warning! (My belief, but not verified) (Not yet my belief, but interesting point of view I read somewhere) (My vision, dream but I don't know if I want to belive it) (Past life regression, but I doubt if that was my past life at all)

People are withdrawing from every forum. I don't feel at home on a Christian forums, where people teach how people go to hell even after a short life. A materialist can reject a Christian forum, because he doesn't like to be called a sinner, wrong doer.

Personally i think that karma, if exist, is at least only one factor, but is not determinating.
i guess that if some one rebirth there is other motivations much more deepest and personal. there is not a standard motivation for rebirth or revive, each soul have his personal path and personal chooses. and we can't know that.
is very strange that is more "easy" to have memory of PL that the memory of prebirth and who was or did our soul between our last physical existance and this existance.
more that on PL, the answers about the life condition of a new born probably lie into the timelapse between two lives.
that's is a more deep and hard field to investigate respect to the PL cause PL can have also scientifical and material proofs and testimoniances. instead, the pre-existence is a very very very personal concept.
mmm i rememeber that church with costantinopoli concilium condamn the idea of pre - existance of soul. oh well. i never liked justinian :p

Hi Landsend,

Thanks for sending, as I like to be sure we're talking about the same thing. I found it earlier, but don't really know how to use it. (I am not a facebook user except to the extent I use it to keep track of recent posts related to my kids and grand-kids). So, I found the lack of set topic headings and topics a bit confusing and off-putting. On this you may be able to help. How do you use it to find things you're interested in or to just browse entries in specific topic areas?

Cordially,
S&S

Hi SeaAndSky,

There is an option to make a tab where the group puts all the files that can be shared. I'm not sure about the group landsend shared though if they have used this feature too there. Also, there's a discussion tab in there but you have to scroll down to read them all. I'll join their group too and see what it offers. :)

The reason I believe hope is the best thing in life is because it allows me to get through the hard times. When I was younger, I lost my dad at a young age and I never really got over that loss. Through the years, I have learned that when things are bad, you can always find something to look forward to. If you don't know what to do about your situation, look ahead. Find something positive in everything around you. Birthday personality

reincarnation is not an escape for left the problems or responsability, problems exist for force ourself to growth and to become better persons.
i had a nice childhood, an hellish teen age, a sad youngness, now is not much good, but at least i have a lot of experience that help me to face that. escape is never the solution, and also, if you not fix here on that life your problem, you will get however, for karma law, into the next.
Well, I am a survival of extreme abuse that lasted many years of my life, and have to disagree with you. 'Problems' do not make you a better person, and nor any abuse! What can one learn through constant terror? I tell you; anger and resentment. No, I am not a bitter or ignorant person. Have been a seeker for a long time and understand quite well dynamicks of good and evil and what is truly hidden behing so-called 'lessons of learning' through forced upon us reincarnations. It has nothing to do with any karma, but rather it is all about control and ensalvement of your body, mind, and spirit! Look into pre-birth regressions, there is some info on that, and you will see that there is much more to learn than 'karma'.

Well, I am a survival of extreme abuse that lasted many years of my life, and have to disagree with you. 'Problems' do not make you a better person, and nor any abuse! What can one learn through constant terror? I tell you; anger and resentment. No, I am not a bitter or ignorant person. Have been a seeker for a long time and understand quite well dynamicks of good and evil and what is truly hidden behing so-called 'lessons of learning' through forced upon us reincarnations. It has nothing to do with any karma, but rather it is all about control and ensalvement of your body, mind, and spirit! Look into pre-birth regressions, there is some info on that, and you will see that there is much more to learn than 'karma'.
Look, i am a disable and i understand you.
in my Pre Birth Experience (i have spontaneus pre birth memories of other lives, so i never had the necessity of do regressions or something like that) i remeber that i ask something immediatly before of come into this lifetime about a "a quiet life when have fun with games and friends" and i had this kind of life for 14 years, then i suffer every kind of abuse from parents, doctors, society, fool people etc.
also if these horrible things forged me with fire and did a cosciusness and understanding of suffering and violence of the world that i coulnd' had if i had a normal life, sure, i can consider that like a mix way between fate and misfortune, and bad consequences of bad chooses, did by me or by other persons.
without any pre-determinated lessons to learn of karma of previous life.
simply life on earth is very dangerous and there is ever the X factor, that things can go much more worse that the initial idea that have a soul when want to birth and come to the world with the better desires.
world is dark, and many peoples lack of empathy or compassion or responsability.i am very sad to know of your troubles.
but experience told me that only you can find a way for make yourself free from the origin of your pain.

Back