• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

I miss my wife from my past life so much

George John

Hi, I am new here and I would like to tell my story. I am originally from India and I was abroad in UK for some years. During this period, during a daydream, I saw a child, a handsome young boy of maybe 4-5 years. I kept looking at him and suddenly I was so overwhelmed and I began to choke and cry. I had the deepest realization that it was my son. I got up from my bed and started to cry uncontrollably. I was single at that time. I had no idea how to understand this. But that experience transformed my life.

Much later I was married but I was not so attached to my wife and later also to my daughter as I really should be. I kept having this withdrawals of missing someone so much every once in a while. I read about past lives in some websites and book... and the book Many Masters, Many Lives by Dr. Brian Weiss was an eye opener. It was only recently though I had a chance to try it on my own. Mainly because the feelings of me missing someone was growing bigger and bigger and I was sobbing every once in a while without anyone seeing me.

I met an experienced regression practitioner and went through a couple of sessions. To make the story short, I realized that I was a wealthy artist or a painter. I was a strongly build man... who was tall and handsome and I understood I lived in a snow filled western country. Though I could not see them and I knew had a beautiful wife and son.

I could hear their voices but I could not see them initially. After roaming in fog kind visuals that looked like paintings and art, I kept fumbling around unclear memories in my first session.

In the second session, the same place became more clear. A beautiful cottage and there was lot of bright flowers in a garden nearby. It looked like a holiday cottage. Snow was falling. I kept eagerly looking for the woman who was hiding from me.... My heart began to beat so loudly.

Then she appeared like the moon from out of the clouds. The most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.... Her lush hair was black like a raven, her eyes green like jade and never have I ever seen anyone more beautiful anywhere else in this world or any other.... And I knew instantly she was my love and we knew each other so well.

That moment was something like an explosion.

I began to weep and choke and tears flowed down to my both cheeks like water out of a tap. It was my wife... my true soulmate and I realized instantly that I loved her more than anything in this life. I was blown away. I realized we were so happy and so much deep in love.

But then my regressionist began to pull me out of the trance. She later said she was worried about my reactions. But I remember as this happened, my wife held my hands and asked me not to go. I was literally dumbfounded and felt the deep warmth of love... Something I have not felt for a long time... I tried to promise that I will be back. But then I began to descend down a stairs and she kept looking down at me from up with sad eyes.

I was speechless... heart broken and numb...

In the third session, I could have been in the same life or a different one. I found out that I was in a big fight with an alpha male wolf. It was a vicious fight. I was not sure if I was a human or a wolf myself when I died. One thing I remember was that I was not afraid.

When I died, my eyes rolled up and I began remembering my wife and son... And tears began to flow out... It was so real... I was floating out of the body... I could see the wolf - the alpha male that killed me... looking up to me. I was not bothered by it... I knew there was blood around my neck.

I was led by the regressionist away from the scene because I was becoming emotional again.

She asked me what happened next... As I looked up... a tunnel of light opened above my floating body and I began to flow up. It was tunnel of light (bluish yellow - kind of like light that comes out of a gas oven). I looked at the tunnel and I knew it was light and not fire... and I could see the stars outside... As I flew up...

I began to go up and I remember that I entered a room of bright white light. I saw a few beings in wearing bright white shiny clothes ( like sunlight) approaching me.

Now, I wish I could have investigated more... But at that moment, what I was feeling was a terrible loss... I was crying and deeply sad about my wife and my child. Nothing else mattered.

The practitioner offered me to erase these memories as it was affecting me in this life as well. But I refused. She was and is my true soulmate. I could not do that no matter what.

I think I miss her so much beyond anything... And I am detached with my current family to a great level. Since my wife is not much bothered, I am managing somehow. I am seriously confused now. This life has not much meaning to me. And my real life... who I was before...

I am not that now.

I really wish to be with my soul mate again.

Last edited:
As you wrote: you should care more about your current daughter and wife. You're unfair to them, and unfavorably disturb your karmic balance. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

I kind of understand what you are saying. I had a true love in a past life (her name was Mary) and she died when she gave birth to our daughter. My first reaction for years was to miss her. Then I met my current wife. She's not Mary, but I love her anyway. I don't know if I will meet again Mary in this life. But I understood that waiting for her would be hopeless. And I found other past lives where I married different persons I loved too. I think we can love more than one soul in our lives. And we should enjoy those who are with us in our present life. Don't worry, you will meet your lovemate again, in this life or in another.

Welcome George John! I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I too am from India but born and brought up in America. Did you have an arranged marriage? In Hinduism we talk about duty. Everyone has a duty to their current family. Imagine how your child would feel if they find out their dad doesn't feel that attached to them but longs for another family. You have things to learn in this life. You are romanticizing a life from the past and who knows maybe now you feel nostalgic towards it, but back then you might have had difficulties in that life as well. Who knows, your current wife might look different from your PL wife, but maybe she is the same person reincarnated. Thats the beauty of reincarnation.

Thanks for the answers... Appreciate it...!

I am not sure why I wrote here in the first place... Maybe I was looking for answers... I am facing an extremely strange scenario...

I know most people die and reincarnate... and yes, they could be married to several persons in their many lives....

All I can say is that my love is so deep and the depth of it scares even me... And possibly that is why it is following me after several lives. The woman whom I saw in my regression is my soul mate. She is the very meaning of my life... She is the light of my life... She is one half of my soul... I am full of emotions whenever a thought of hers come to my mind.

So in other words, she is NOT replaceable...

I was a man who was living a very happy life, full of love and happiness... and then I woke up in another life... Maya... illusion... Virtual Reality... No matter what you call it... That person was REAL. And we shared a deep connection molded in LOVE.

I am not sure about others... But for me... Just because you are in another place... You do not forget and live a new life with someone else. I guess I am too loyal for that.

If I understood this earlier, I would have never married in the first place.

Now all I can be is a good friend and a good supporter to my current family. And I guess I am doing that.

I guess the search goes on... until I meet her again in another life. And when I die again... I guess I will keep searching for her AGAIN.

I also want to add something about the tunnel I saw and the room of light and the beings I met after I died.

What I saw was 100% real... It was not a dream. It was REAL... much more real than the reality that I am in now...

Though I was so emotionally clouded... I realized that they were also humans somehow... Could be higher souls... but not gods...

the bright light could have been some vortex or wormhole.... Taking us to another dimension... or a hidden space ship...

I guess I watched too much Star Trek in this life... :)

But it does make me wonder... Who are we? Why are we here?

Who is playing this game with us?

Ah, "soul mates". The thing is so darn strong, is it not? When I was 13/14, I knew there was someone out there for me, I just knew it, and since I have always been such a quiet, shy person, I wasn't really into going out and meeting people, so I was always very hopeless about the possibility of finding that one person. Years passed, and I met this PL friend, and after tons of e-mails, and some years, I know it has been that person I was thinking of when I was mind-wandering by myself in my teens. We do love each other deeply. There is no sexual involvement, but that thing which I could call a mind/soul attachment, which, after so many disagreements (and an overall 4 years of non-communication due to fights), still keep us in a strong bound of great interpersonal knowledge and tons of things in common.

We were deeply attached in that PL - almost a proto-same-sex marriage. My friend, then, survived me a few months, choosing not to live without me -- who had been the main reason for most of the things he had done.

And, yea, I feel guilty sometimes when I come to think of these :( :( :( And whenever I feel the pain of guilty, I ask that person, in that time in the past, to forgive me my stubborness. I wonder if I should ask her now to forgive me? But then she'd smile, and shake her head the Indian way :)

Greetings to all!

@George John Iam so grateful that you shared your experience. It is good to know that Iam not alone with this kind of burden. What you wrote totally rings true and familiar to me. I wish to share my experience to help anyone who read it.

I feel that my life is so pale, flat and dull without my PL love. I had a happy childhood with loving parents. I smiled a lot and I was always on the bright side but deep inside me I felt tremendous pain sorrow and grieve but I never knew the reason why. One day when I was a teenager I was coming home and suddenly from out of the blue I saw very clearly an image of a girl in my head. First I thought that she is maybe go to the same school or was my classmate etc . . . I did not care about it. Weeks or months have passed and one night I listened to the music of Titanic the movie and I felt so much sorrow. I just wanted to fondle her face more than anything and somehow I knew that I lost her in a tragic way. I cried whole night hopelessly. Years later I watched a movie (I think there are "catalysts" which speed up the process) and one sentence brought me out from my body. It was a strange feeling like when your consciousness is being pulled upward and I had a flashback with really vivid memories of some sort. I was a young prince maybe not even adult and I loved one of our young servant girl (who was not an adult). We were in a forest and there were some people from the court. Suddenly they arrested me and pulled about my love from out of nowhere with a sack on her head. I knew what would come but I did not want to comprehend. They jabbed her in the stomach (and sometimes I feel it too). She was dead and I could not do even a thing. I had to watch the whole process. She is the meaning of my life even now and I cannot get rid of these thoughts. I really try hard but I cannot find another girl like her. And even when I get a spontaneous emotional relief I feel that the universe want to steal something from me that reminds me of her. From time to time I see her smiling, always happy face and Iam more than happy. It is so strong that I have absolutely no control over it. I have searched a Spiritual Guru and Iam into the esoteric knowledge. My only motivation to live through this life is that I will see her on the other side.

What I have learnt?
The most important wisdom I have learnt is: Love is even stronger than death. There are various otherworlds and if you want to meet with your loved ones you need to be like them in emotion and thought. If you have too many negative emotions and thoughts you will be dragged to the lower worlds where you cannot perceive anything but just your own emotion prison (that is why you have to live through your life honestly). So, be positive! The second most important wisdom I have learnt: You can help her even now even from here, it does not matter that you are divided by worlds. We have powerful mantras and some of them are there to help others. When I use these mantras I always feel connected and I always feel some kind of answer from her. She feels your thoughts and emotions so sending positive emotions and thoughts will help her. You need to understand that she is irreplacable and you have to accept this fact (and move on). Maybe this life is not about flaming love. Try to embrace the common love of common people, it will help (but never fill the emptiness), trust me. You have given an opportunity to care about other people, other than her and that is something you should be thankful for. You absolutely must not forget her but you have to cope with the grieving process it may take decades but eventually one time you will be free from the sadness and still remember everything.

@George John If you would like to tell your whole story with all the details or you want to get some answers please contact me freely. I would be glad to hear your story, maybe we can become friends.

Best regards,
Imre

Hi. Im newbie, from Sri Lanka and im 17 years old now

I'm also so familiar to these kind of stories, but not so clear and foggy, that white light you guys talking about, i can still feel it how i felt. So bright like morning sunshine. So calm with empty minded. I don't know how to explain it. I'm still searching about it. im came here by a movie called "The Fountain" it's about reincarnation,love,time travel and life - death.

Since last 2 years, Im seeing a 2 girls in dreams. one is a teenager, other one is like 20 or 30 middle age. Younger one had shorter white hair, other one is not remember clearly. And i had a feeling my past life was lived in england, im so familiar to england i don't know how but british peoples are so familiar to me.

(sorry about my bad english)

Here are some best movies about these kind of stories.

*I Origins (must watch)
*Donnie Darko (must watch)
*Butterfly Effect (must watch)
*The Fountain (must watch)
*Time Traveler's Wife
*About Time
*Deja Vu

Welcome to the forum, Ravindu! It's interesting when new people relive threads like these. People who didn't comment or weren't registered yet, now comment with new perspectives.

Following the main theme of the thread, I suppose that everyone in past lives has some encounter with a special person. We give that special person the name "Soul Mate", it happened to me a long time ago. However, we must give love to the people we love in our present life. They need security and we can't stay stuck in what happened in the past. Having thoughts about a relationship or things is okay, it's normal, but it's a problem when it becomes a punishment. All those thoughts can cause you to retreat spiritually. The idea is to go forward on the path, right?

On the other hand, I don't believe in soul mates romantically speaking. I simply believe that we have a group of soul mates or a special soul mates who may be our mother, our best friend, or a couple in different lives. I don't think there's a soul mate in a romantic way. I leave that for movies and romance books and Valentine's Day ads. I think it's a connection to a soul, but it's not a romantic connection.

I saw a photo and had a massive flashback of my husband/lover in a past life. I saw our lives together and how we both died. It helped me realize how much my current life is effected as I was always wondering why I could never find the ONE. I harbor so much anger and dissatisfaction in this lifetime because I want to be back in that one. I know that feeling. What it's like to not sleep for weeks and always thinking about that person. I would take him back, flaws and all.

Welcome to the forum el sa, you have me a bit confused with your post and thread title. The memories you shared in the bushwhacker thread was very interesting. At what age did these memories occur?

@KenJ - I had premonitions around 17 or 18. I would have random memories and feelings. I didn't have the actual full flash back until about almost a year ago. I even found his picture and birth record in Montréal. He was not as well known as some of the others in any sense. However, I did find a man by the same name who was noted to be Canadian who was, indeed, a bushwhacker. I never found any references to women except speculations he had lovers, a speculation he was married in 1861. A bit strange to be "proven" right ... I wish I saw more about myself - that there was more documented.

Last edited:
It is interesting for another reason for me because we seem to be nearly the same age and I have not had anything except some snapshots and understandings that I call 'knowings'. I've wondered it it was possible to see/experience more before it is time to meet the welcoming group, you give me some hope.

It is interesting for another reason for me because we seem to be nearly the same age and I have not had anything except some snapshots and understandings that I call 'knowings'. I've wondered it it was possible to see/experience more before it is time to meet the welcoming group, you give me some hope.

I understand what you mean. I still don't understand why I saw it all now. It started when I happened upon a photo of him. I was so drawn to the photo, still I cannot stop looking at it or thinking of him. I've not fully healed from this experience. The life was very hyper-emotional until the end, possibly that's why I was pulled in so strongly. At 17/18, I was not ready to meet him or speak to him. You can maybe ask someone here if there is a way. I didn't ask to see more. It came on me like someone opened a flood gate.

I spoke to my rabbi who is also a Kabbalist and deals with more esoteric problems. He speculated that either George was 1.) reborn in this life recently, or 2.) is already alive, grown, and seeking me. Our souls are starting to "talk." This talking is more like we are being triggered with strong spiritual longings to find the impetus to start looking and asking for this re-connection. Kabbalistic Judaism does believe that people can have multiple souls attached to them (ibur) although it's generally to improve your soul and motivate you to do good (we're not talking possession). There is also the possibility that souls can be swapped out of bodies whilst the person is still living.

Still, I stand by my feelings. I'm not sure he is here but I know we're thinking of each other on separate planes and can somehow hear each other. There are times I swear he is in the room with me now in 2019. I am hoping going to his grave and having the time to mourn, which I was deprived of in 1864, will help me find closure.

Hi, I am new here and I would like to tell my story. I am originally from India and I was abroad in UK for some years. During this period, during a daydream, I saw a child, a handsome young boy of maybe 4-5 years. I kept looking at him and suddenly I was so overwhelmed and I began to choke and cry. I had the deepest realization that it was my son. I got up from my bed and started to cry uncontrollably. I was single at that time. I had no idea how to understand this. But that experience transformed my life.

Much later I was married but I was not so attached to my wife and later also to my daughter as I really should be. I kept having this withdrawals of missing someone so much every once in a while. I read about past lives in some websites and book... and the book Many Masters, Many Lives by Dr. Brian Weiss was an eye opener. It was only recently though I had a chance to try it on my own. Mainly because the feelings of me missing someone was growing bigger and bigger and I was sobbing every once in a while without anyone seeing me.

I met an experienced regression practitioner and went through a couple of sessions. To make the story short, I realized that I was a wealthy artist or a painter. I was a strongly build man... who was tall and handsome and I understood I lived in a snow filled western country. Though I could not see them and I knew had a beautiful wife and son.

I could hear their voices but I could not see them initially. After roaming in fog kind visuals that looked like paintings and art, I kept fumbling around unclear memories in my first session.

In the second session, the same place became more clear. A beautiful cottage and there was lot of bright flowers in a garden nearby. It looked like a holiday cottage. Snow was falling. I kept eagerly looking for the woman who was hiding from me.... My heart began to beat so loudly.

Then she appeared like the moon from out of the clouds. The most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life.... Her lush hair was black like a raven, her eyes green like jade and never have I ever seen anyone more beautiful anywhere else in this world or any other.... And I knew instantly she was my love and we knew each other so well.

That moment was something like an explosion.

I began to weep and choke and tears flowed down to my both cheeks like water out of a tap. It was my wife... my true soulmate and I realized instantly that I loved her more than anything in this life. I was blown away. I realized we were so happy and so much deep in love.

But then my regressionist began to pull me out of the trance. She later said she was worried about my reactions. But I remember as this happened, my wife held my hands and asked me not to go. I was literally dumbfounded and felt the deep warmth of love... Something I have not felt for a long time... I tried to promise that I will be back. But then I began to descend down a stairs and she kept looking down at me from up with sad eyes.

I was speechless... heart broken and numb...

In the third session, I could have been in the same life or a different one. I found out that I was in a big fight with an alpha male wolf. It was a vicious fight. I was not sure if I was a human or a wolf myself when I died. One thing I remember was that I was not afraid.

When I died, my eyes rolled up and I began remembering my wife and son... And tears began to flow out... It was so real... I was floating out of the body... I could see the wolf - the alpha male that killed me... looking up to me. I was not bothered by it... I knew there was blood around my neck.

I was led by the regressionist away from the scene because I was becoming emotional again.

She asked me what happened next... As I looked up... a tunnel of light opened above my floating body and I began to flow up. It was tunnel of light (bluish yellow - kind of like light that comes out of a gas oven). I looked at the tunnel and I knew it was light and not fire... and I could see the stars outside... As I flew up...

I began to go up and I remember that I entered a room of bright white light. I saw a few beings in wearing bright white shiny clothes ( like sunlight) approaching me.

Now, I wish I could have investigated more... But at that moment, what I was feeling was a terrible loss... I was crying and deeply sad about my wife and my child. Nothing else mattered.

The practitioner offered me to erase these memories as it was affecting me in this life as well. But I refused. She was and is my true soulmate. I could not do that no matter what.

I think I miss her so much beyond anything... And I am detached with my current family to a great level. Since my wife is not much bothered, I am managing somehow. I am seriously confused now. This life has not much meaning to me. And my real life... who I was before...

I am not that now.

I really wish to be with my soul mate again.

Dear George John ... Thank you for sharing your story .I just want to say this much , If she being with you and creating those beautiful memories with her , and loosing her was happened in this life , what might have you do ? Anyway going to her is not in our hands .Another thing , Will she ever want you to feel sad like you do now ?seeing you hurt might be the most painful thing for her .Do you think she forgets you , may be she too feeling the same now , in spirit world , if reincarnated in this world too. inside that safe place in heart she might be thinking about you all the time , knowingly or unknowingly . I will say change your attitude towards that precious memory , with atmost happiness think about her , write poems for her , sing for her , cherish your love , NEVER FORGET HER , at the same time Live here , love everyone here too , since no soul dies and only bodies die , consider loosing your soulmate is just a temporary thing , Living your life consciously will take you to her ultimately . Imagine , in your death bed , with no regret or baggage from this life , and a mind so focused , calm and determined to find her , chances are high you meeting her , if she is in spirit world . I personally think even in physical world if you live with calm focused mind chances of meeting her are high .Please remember her Love like a blessing . Am 100% sure you guys will meet again .... You might be here to become a better person by investing more time and effort in improving your values , another thing if shes reincarnated she may look different , you look different now huh? looking in to souls more than an exterior is a living truth for you , I think that itself open a new horizon , she too might be learning new things now . In my previous life I used to love my mother very much , ofcourse her love towards me was even greater , but this life I improved my values I have become more pure , my mother of this life carefully trained me to become this , The pleasure I got when I became more stronger , when my ego became less powerful was so addictive , comparing to my previous mother my mother of this life is a very ordinary woman to society , But her impact on me was great , she laughs when I tell her these ... Life is so much more than what we see , since you had seen what majority dint , you cannot deny the fact life is an adventure trip , do not stop here , go forward . You have seen embodiment of beauty as beautiful jade eyes , explore other forms too , like intelligence , smile of a society , calmness of your own mind etc .... All the best

Back