If you remember a past life now, can you remember it again in your next life?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Lady2, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

(For example), if I remember my past life in Ireland now, can I remember it again in my next incarnation?
    Also, if I remember one of my Medieval lives now, is this my very first incarnation to remember it, or have I remembered it during my lives inbetween 1100 A.D and 2011 as well?

I think since we have past life memories in our current life, we’ve probably had past life memories in our past lives too. (sounds confusing, but think about it).
    What are your thoughts on how this works? I’ve always wondered…

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe the soul has an innate wisdom that grows with each incarnation and life time. As we journey through these lives we gather that wisdom, and it seems to me, if the intent and meaning are part of our growth then it is logical to assume it will follow with us... if only a faint calling and an awakening (like now!: angel)

Tman

3. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I pretty much agree with Tinkerman. But I think we only remember details from past lives that will help us in our spiritual growth. Our human side seems to inhibit our ability to learn and grow, so we might need to experience certain things multiple times.

4. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Tinkerman's comments resonate with me, too. And like tiltjlp's as well, those pl's that have a specific message or meaning for the events we are living today seem to come forward the most clearly. My most recent life, killed as a young soldier in the allied invasion of Italy in WWII, holds very little message or insight for me right now, and the only details I have ever gotten of it came through examining my connections to current friends...they were my "brothers in arms" who were killed with me then.

5. pixarfan

pixarfan Member

usetawuz, would you mind sharing any details of your life in WWII Italy? (I ask because I might've been there as a paratrooper).

6. usetawuz

Pixar, I don't know much about it and not alot of it has come through. I know I was killed in a firefight and several men, who are now my friends died with me...the detail has been limited to the guys I was with and the emotions involved when they were killed. We were all gone within a day and a half.

The remarkable thing is that upon meeting each one of them in this lifetime, we shared a common attraction and bond and have been steadfast friends, even when not constantly in contact...the friendship picks up right where it left off.

I had one lucid dream and identified three of the guys as the ones I know now. I couldn't see any faces, but the identification was as clear as could be. We were in our late teens/early twenties and we were leaving barracks and going to a nearby town to "live it up"; we were young, fit and happy. Interestingly, none of these guys know each other in this lifetime...at some point I intend to have them all over to meet each other to see what impressions they may get.

7. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I agree with all of you...Thanks for posting. We seem to see past lives as we need to, whenever we decide on some level it is the right time.

Usetawuz, that would be really special to have all your fellow comrades together at one time. I bet they would hit it off with each other just as well as they have individually with you! Do any of them believe in reincarnation by chance?

8. usetawuz

Lady, one of them does as he lives closest to me now and has seen for himself the amazing synchronicities I have found over the years. The other two don't live nearby and I seldom see them, but they are the kind of friends that you don't hesitate to call or drop in on when you are in town...and you act like the kids you used to be when you first met.

In that lucid dream of the "band of brothers" I want to expand on the feelings I had. The recognition of my friends was not of a physical being...they were in physical form, but the recognition came from the distinctive personalities and similar vibrations or feelings of comfort and familiarity being with them that have remained consistent through lives. There is/was a sense that they would "cover my back" that pervades even my current relationships with each of them. In the dream I knew them without even looking at their faces. When I awoke I knew I had just seen Daryl, Bill and Randy, friends I met at ages 14, 18 and 24, in an english barracks and we were soldiers.

The dream was a happy event and illustrated a reason for the closeness and enduring nature of my relationship with those guys. It also provided a stark contrast to the heartbreaking (and fortunately brief) vision of our impending deaths being ripped apart by machine gun fire.

As stated (sort of) early in this thread, I think we are shown things (or show ourselves things) that will answer questions that will enhance our current life experience. My purpose revolves around recognizing the significance of our relationships...the good ones and the bad, or should I say the easy and the hard (a new topic, I think) and I am getting alot of information about my own relationships with almost all I am in contact with.

9. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

I think we'll remember what we need to know if it will help us in our current life. We may have lived many lives but only recall one or two, maybe even none, in this life becuase the rest of our lives wont help us with the purpose of the corrent life.

10. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

Just guessing, of course, but I'd agree with the others that we do not. What we've been creates who we'll be, there's no need to remember the particulars, sort of like we have blue eyes and brown hair without knowing anything about DNA.

11. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

My WII dream

Well said - thanks Kristopher!

Usetawuz - I have had many dreams of people from my past lives, I know how they are related or what their friendship is to me in the past life, but so far, I have never learned what their relationship is to me in this life - it's amazing that you know...

Reading your post reminds me of a dream I had about a month ago that was WII. I was crossing a crumbling stone bridge into some deserted town with a few other men, were suddenly under heavy gunfire from a snyper who had spotted us first. Fairly close range, the only thing protecting us was the edge of the old bridge, he had loads of amo and was using it, the bridge was just crumbling away, I knew we needed to move, but he had us pinned down. I had a machine gun, knew we wouldn't last long unless I got him. I planned on sticking my head around the corner, knowing I would have a fraction of a second to locate and bring him down. Took a deep breath, put my finger on the trigger --- and woke up. Don't know what happened, and don't know who the people were with me... This was a very unusual dream for me, don't have any interest at all in the World Wars, and to have a machine gun!? I am way more comfortable with a sword or bow.

I have had so many 'history dreams', that I thought I might start a thread on this forum attempting to learn which ones are past life from the ones that are not. Would you all be interested in something like that? I have the common everyday nonsense dreams, symbolic dreams, past life dreams, and lots of 'history dreams', where I don't feel a connection to someone being 'me' in a past life, I'm just watching detailed events with people I don't know and places I have never seen before. These 'history dreams' are the ones I'm wanting to learn more about...