• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Is consciousness produced by the brain?

I've got nothing concrete, but it has always seemed to me that the brain is like the hard drive and the soul/ego/consciousness is like the software...while free will provides the input of data. Simplistic, but it works for me.
I do agree with this too. Nice comprehension.

Here is a story about Sam Goddard, 23, of Brisbane, Australia, who suffered a series of storkes after palying football in February of 2010. His fiance gave him Ambien which brought him out of his stroke. I don't know if it is the same story, but there are actually several cases in which Ambien brought people out of coma for a period of time until the drug wore off.

There are so many cases of people coming out of comas and remembering exact conversations which doctors continue to shrug off as mere anomalies of the brain. It boggles one's mind to realize how deeply ingrained is the false belief that consciousness is an epiphenomenon of the brain, when there is so much evidence and even logic to explain otherwise.

Sensory's reference to the neurosurgeon who realized he was just a radio repairman could have been about Dr. Eben Alexander, a neurosurgeon who had a near death experience and realized that his consciousness was not a product of his brain, and that his brain mainly functioned as a kind of radio receiver.

I believe that this theory that the brain generates consciousness is so engrained in the materialistic thought of our science because it is directly tied to the kind of society we have: patriarchal capitalism which arose in the 19th century around the same time as modern sciences. It’s believed in similar ways in which one believes in a religion because if proven otherwise the entire system could collapse. And those who profit from this system (be it politicians, corporations or scientists with a reputation and influence to lose) want to keep their comfy life which is why they’re debunking any other theory or even plain evidence that would threaten their position. This not only happens in neuroscience but also in archeology and other disciplines as well.

Patriarchy? Looks like someone swallowed their indoctrination rather well. When a hammer is your only tool, every problem looks like a nail. I'd prefer a tune with more than one note, myself.

That has nothing to do with indoctrination. We still live in a patriarchy even if women and others have more rights than in the 19th century. But many patriarchal elements are are still present in our society: how we treat women and children, how we treat foreigners or anyone who isn’t cis male and white. Just because it doesn’t affect you doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist! And just because things aren’t so obviously patriarchal as 200 years ago doesn’t mean the patriarchy has vanished.

This is just my opinion and personal experience having had not only an NDE many years ago but also over the years having had several OBE's. Most of our western science still has no clue on how the other higher dimensions operate in our universe or for that matter if they exist at all. As most western train of thought is not aware of the higher subtle bodies of man that operate on these higher dimensions. Traditionally, scientists have tried to define the mind as the product of brain activity: The brain is the physical substance, and the mind is the conscious product of those firing neurons, according to the classic argument. But growing evidence shows that the mind goes far beyond the physical workings of your brain. This is where we are at in terms of how science is trying to understand the nature of consciousness. Think if it as the Brain (the hardware), the Mind the software, and Soul or consciousness the operator.

In fact consciousness itself being of a much higher more finer vibrational rate then the 3rd dimension of matter, uses the physical brain as a tool to contact matter thru the mental body of man which is where the mind itself resides. Which I believe is the 5th dimension (mental plane) of reality within the lower worlds of duality. Above this dimension which would be the 6th dimension is the (Atman) or what we have come to term the soul. The soul resonate beyond the mind and is for the most part in control over it during any given lifetime lived while incarnated.

So soul uses the mind as a tool to form, shape, and experience life in the lower dimensions of reality which are the mental, astral and physical worlds. Once soul drops the mind which occurs on the upper mental plane after death of the physical, astral and mental bodies it returns to its full state of pure consciousness of 360 degrees of awareness within the soul body itself. But for now our present day science is still trying to understand just the nature of the mind on the 3rd dimension without any knowledge yet of the other higher dimensions of our universe. They are getting close though as they are learning more about what dark matter and dark energy is. But that's just scratching the surface of the lower astral plane which resonates just slightly beyond our dimension. So we still have a long way to go yet.

But never the less it is interesting times in which we are incarnated in at present.

Love and peace...

P.

This is just my opinion and personal experience having had not only an NDE many years ago but also over the years having had several OBE's. Most of our western science still has no clue on how the other higher dimensions operate in our universe or for that matter if they exist at all. As most western train of thought is not aware of the higher subtle bodies of man that operate on these higher dimensions. Traditionally, scientists have tried to define the mind as the product of brain activity: The brain is the physical substance, and the mind is the conscious product of those firing neurons, according to the classic argument. But growing evidence shows that the mind goes far beyond the physical workings of your brain. This is where we are at in terms of how science is trying to understand the nature of consciousness. Think if it as the Brain (the hardware), the Mind the software, and Soul or consciousness the operator.

In fact consciousness itself being of a much higher more finer vibrational rate then the 3rd dimension of matter, uses the physical brain as a tool to contact matter thru the mental body of man which is where the mind itself resides. Which I believe is the 5th dimension (mental plane) of reality within the lower worlds of duality. Above this dimension which would be the 6th dimension is the (Atman) or what we have come to term the soul. The soul resonate beyond the mind and is for the most part in control over it during any given lifetime lived while incarnated.

So soul uses the mind as a tool to form, shape, and experience life in the lower dimensions of reality which are the mental, astral and physical worlds. Once soul drops the mind which occurs on the upper mental plane after death of the physical, astral and mental bodies it returns to its full state of pure consciousness of 360 degrees of awareness within the soul body itself. But for now our present day science is still trying to understand just the nature of the mind on the 3rd dimension without any knowledge yet of the other higher dimensions of our universe. They are getting close though as they are learning more about what dark matter and dark energy is. But that's just scratching the surface of the lower astral plane which resonates just slightly beyond our dimension. So we still have a long way to go yet.

But never the less it is interesting times in which we are incarnated in at present.

Love and peace...

P.

Doesn't string theory propose 11 dimensions? How the universe could possibly have more dimensions | Space

Lia, Yes that is what they propose. As I understand it in order for our dimension to properly operate with all the laws of physics involved there needs to be 11-12 dimensions total. It is also the reason why gravity is a weaker force in nature as science still does not understand fully the nature of gravity and its effects in the cosmos.

P.

Last edited:
Lia, Yes that is what they propose. As I understand it in order for our dimension to properly operate with all the laws of physics involved there needs to be 11-12 dimensions total. It is also the reason why gravity is a weaker force in nature as science still does not understand fully the nature of gravity and its effects in the cosmos.

P.

So one of those 11-12 dimensions could be where the soul goes after death?

So one of those 11-12 dimensions could be where the soul goes after death?
Lia, Yes!

It has been my experience during OBE and from other writings and books I have read that the vast majority of people alive on the earth today usually will transition from the physical plane into the middle astral which is the 4th dimension. From there it will depend upon the souls evolution if it will have conscious awareness into the mental or soul plane which is the 5th and 6th dimension once it is ready to transcend the astral world. It has been my observation that the reason why so many people arrive (at least at first) into the middle astral is because it is very similar to the earth plane minus the need to eat, sleep, make money and protect the body from the environment ect. Those are earth plane concerns that have now been dropped.

Also the astral plane is used as a buffer zone for soul to transition back into spirit again. Because it gives the mind a chance to adjust to the 4th dimension as the astral dimension operates by a different set of laws of physics then the physical. So one must learn how to use their astral senses, learn to navigate by thought now to travel. And learn to communicate which by most is telepathic in nature. Although some prefer to communicate by speaking as they did in life here. All this takes time so the astral plane is a good place to start in terms of being back in the spirit form after a incarnation into the physical realm.

Love and peace.

P.

Lia, Yes!

It has been my experience during OBE and from other writings and books I have read that the vast majority of people alive on the earth today usually will transition from the physical plane into the middle astral which is the 4th dimension. From there it will depend upon the souls evolution if it will have conscious awareness into the mental or soul plane which is the 5th and 6th dimension once it is ready to transcend the astral world. It has been my observation that the reason why so many people arrive (at least at first) into the middle astral is because it is very similar to the earth plane minus the need to eat, sleep, make money and protect the body from the environment ect. Those are earth plane concerns that have now been dropped.

Also the astral plane is used as a buffer zone for soul to transition back into spirit again. Because it gives the mind a chance to adjust to the 4th dimension as the astral dimension operates by a different set of laws of physics then the physical. So one must learn how to use their astral senses, learn to navigate by thought now to travel. And learn to communicate which by most is telepathic in nature. Although some prefer to communicate by speaking as they did in life here. All this takes time so the astral plane is a good place to start in terms of being back in the spirit form after a incarnation into the physical realm.

Love and peace.

P.

I imagine that this must we a weird concept to our physical selves. Speaking of which, you said that those needs are dropped on the astral plane but that doesn't mean that you could still choose to eat...something on that plane or have sex if you wanted to or is that no longer possible on the astral plane? Just out of curiosity. :)

Oh, and I've posted a new thread concerning the experience of the afterlife. If you want to describe what you saw of the astral plane in detail, feel free to do so. I'm looking forward to a diverse range of experiences: How does death feel like and how did you experience the afterlife? | Reincarnation Forum

Last edited:
I imagine that this must we a weird concep to our physical selves. Speaking of which, you said that those needs are dropped on the astral plane but that doesn't mean that you could still choose to eat...something on that plane or have sex if you wanted to or is that no longer possible on the astral plane? Just out of curiosity. :)

Oh, and I've posted a new thread concerning the experience of the afterlife. If you want to describe what you saw of the astral plane in detail, feel free to do so. I'm looking forward to a diverse range of experiences: How does death feel like and how did you experience the afterlife? | Reincarnation Forum
Lia,

Yes those things are possible on the astral plane. Because the astral dimension is the world of feeling and desire. As the astral body is the seat of emotional awareness's within man. So if one wanted to eat food they could although the astral body does not need food as the physical does. However if one desires to have food one can create it by thought and feeling and it will manifest. One can also have sex on the astral as well although it is not needed to procreate children as it does on the physical world.

However it is a desire and an emotion which the experience is by far more satisfying and fulling on that dimension then it is here because during astral sex their is a melting of the astral bodies into one as you become apart of the other soul. Relationships take on a much deeper meaning there as souls are grouped together by like mind. So one knows what the other one is feeling instantly. As your reality there is created by thought and feeling. For more description they have that information online with google.

P.

Lia,

Yes those things are possible on the astral plane. Because the astral dimension is the world of feeling and desire. As the astral body is the seat of emotional awareness's within man. So if one wanted to eat food they could although the astral body does not need food as the physical does. However if one desires to have food one can create it by thought and feeling and it will manifest. One can also have sex on the astral as well although it is not needed to procreate children as it does on the physical world.

However it is a desire and an emotion which the experience is by far more satisfying and fulling on that dimension then it is here because during astral sex their is a melting of the astral bodies into one as you become apart of the other soul. Relationships take on a much deeper meaning there as souls are grouped together by like mind. So one knows what the other one is feeling instantly. As your reality there is created by thought and feeling. For more description they have that information online with google.

P.

That's very interesting!

For more description they have that information online with google.

Do you have specific links? :)

Back