Is my life only experiance for my soul?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Justin McKee, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Justin McKee

Justin McKee "Arrange whatever pieces come your way." V-Woolf

Hello, I came across this site while unsuccesfully searching for an answer to a question that's been on my mind alot. I believe in Past lives, and get that when we are reincarnated we start off essientially as a blank slate. What I don't understand though is that if me and the person(s) in my past life(s) "felt" like the same spirit. I get that we would have differnt morals, idea's, skills, etc, because of enviroment and genetics, but when I die and enter my new life will I still be "me"? I'm sorry to use such loose words, there really isn't any I can think of to really explain what I am getting at... I guess I just want to know my existance doesn't end and just transforms, rather then my soul being it's own thing only keeping my experiance and no real part of me when I die.

I really hope I've made sence, and if you do find the time to reply I thank you very much.

Justin.

2. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Looking back, I can say it was always "me" in other lives, but I was influenced by different beliefs, cultures, eras, possibilities, choices, body types, and even lack of the wisdom I gained from lives I hadn't collected yet. There are a lot of consistent elements, and if I remember I remember as myself, just from those other perspectives. There are often two of "me" in a memory. Myself then and myself now. I know all the feelings and reactions make logical sense in the context of who I was, but I don't always agree with myself back then.

It's the same as when I remember myself twenty years ago in this life. I made decisions because I wasn't informed and had some false beliefs that prevented me from seeing alternate options that would have been healthier for me. The fact that I know what I do now came from the mistakes I made then, so in the end I figured it out. I can't blame who I was for being clueless, because I didn't have the experience needed to live differently.

So it depends on "who" you're trying to cling to. Do you want to be you right now with all the same motivations, beliefs, assumptions, and expectations? Those will definitely change. Or are talking about the part of yourself that can look back on your childhood and understand why you were that way back then and are different now ... because that's a different answer.

It's your inner development and some forms of wisdom that most people agree you bring with you from one life to another. That can include the quality of the relationships you build as well (though not the type). The bond of love remains consistent, but it can express itself in thousands of different ways from family, to noble opponent, to mentor, to lover, to friend, etc. It's possible we can bring along certain life skills as well, though that seems to vary depending on the life and whether there is opportunity or need for it.

Well, as you can see I don't really think we are blank slates when we're born either. We might never know why we have certain preferences or gifts, but that doesn't mean they didn't come from previous experiences.

Justin McKee likes this.
  3. Justin McKee

Thanks Mere Dreamer, when you said it is like us looking back onto our childhood it made perfect sence to me. Even though we are not the same as we were then, that was still us. I don't know how I wasn't able to get that on my own lol. I'm really trying to form a connection with my higher self and make sence of things. As a Christian I took comfort in the simplicity of believing when I died I went to one of two places, so when I started meditating and getting very lucid dreams were I knew the places I was going in dream were real (because I was like ligit there) I found it all so conflicting. I'm evolving spiritually though, slowly but surely. And I think I came across a great site to help me to so. So thank you for taking the time to explain it to me :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. Myna

Myna Humanoid

What start off as a blank slate are our brain & memories (some still remember, but most not). I do think some skills start also from zero, if were not actively used in the last recent lives, however it can be learned very quickly again, e.g. foreign languages that were used to b your mother tongues in your past lives, you can just learn it effortless without going to courses in hours per week.

I think u can't actually "feel" (physically) if those persons in your past lives in your visions are same spirit in your current life, coz my memory flashes always show couples and I'm having hard time to figure out which one was me, I just can not "feel", unless I just believe what I want to believe.
    It's different if u experience & see only one person in your PLR scene, then u can say that was you. You will always amaze that you would never expect being born in other race, but somehow it makes sense for you that you are attracted to certain culture of other race, so this kind of "feeling" might be present.

what I have read & learned about soul & reincarnation is like this, BUT I don't guarantee the truth; I will just use my own metaphor to explain, let's use example the silver mecury liquid in a thermomether.

When the thermometer breaks, u can see the liquid break into small parts, so that's how the soul works, each soul has a higher self that always sits on the most upper part because it has fully perfectly evolved, so the little parts of the silver mercury liquid represents several consciousness "you in plural" that break & are assigned into different physical bodies to evolve, depends on its level of evolution, so when we die, we are again in form of this silver liquid, the part of successful consciousness that is able to move higher will join the main one (higher self), and the negative residue of our consciousness that is left in astral plane for example residue of anger, frustration, jealousy or attachment, these kind of consciousness fail to go higher, coz it's too heavy (the frequency & the vibration); thus, they can NOT join the successful one. So these consciousness must reincarnate again, either as one in the same physical body or broke into several consciousness again, depends on what they must learn on the next life. So this keep happening, until the soul fully evolved & gain the highest vibration & lightest frequencies to join the higher self. If the neg residue too heavy & the soul can't move on, it stays in spirit world to work on to let go its attachment & get prepared to reincarnate again. Often, the soul with traumatic death just have such strong neg residue of trauma of unfinished business that they just have the need to be reborn immediately & when they were drawn to the womb, they tend to carry their old traumatic memories as heavy bagage to their next life, so many ppl remember their unfavorable experiences in their PL.

it is said our high selves are the creators; thus, need to fully evolve by reincarnating their imperfections into several souls/consciousness in different life forms or physical bodies, so we are actually one & inter-connecting. In other words, a bully in your family, e.g. Your bro might be just the reincarnation of your higher self's defective consciousness/soul that need to go to school to learn how to master the beviours such anger, aggressivity, jealousy, fear, etc. while you are learning to master other stuffs such as depression, melancholy, etc. So if we just try to think that you are actually me, or I am actually you, we would tend to forgive each other & accept our as well as others' defects & even help each other to overcome our unskillful mind. I think this is why we reincarnate, to learn become selfless, compassion to all beings despite of our races or other differences, radiate unconditional love to universe to heighten our vibration and fully evolve to join ourselves to continue creating & maintaining this universe.

Justin McKee likes this.
  5. Justin McKee

Myna, thank you aswell for taking the time to answer my question. You answered all my questions beautifully. There are however a few things that unerve me. Mainly that you mentioned we are like one part of many, but if that's so then and we just merge into something bigger. To me that seems like no longer existing? Kinda like the atheist believe, we die and it's black nothingsness, but we live on through the memories of others. Like without some sort of constant indentity, our lives are just a memory/experiance for elevating the higher self. And the higher self is the only imortal entity if you will. Like I was kinda hoping my soul was independant and unique. I am getting rather scrambled in my mind, I am sorry if I am not making any sence. But like my recent recall is where I am a dark haired woman, I am going from house to house with a clay pot. I dont know why I had a clay but thats not point haha. Anyways when I spoke with the villagers, and held the clay pot, it felt like it would feel if I were to hold an object now and make conversation with someone. So is she only her memory and I'm only projecting my current life onto her? Or was she me and I felt and did those things?

Again, so sorry if I am not understanding things. I really want too.

6. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Myna, your confusion over who you are in your memories makes me wonder whether you might have been a third person witnessing those two individuals' lives. Maybe you weren't either of them, and that's why you don't know. I always know who I am, because I AM the person ... but I never "see myself" or "am told who I am" in the memories. I just experience others interacting with me or the emotions and thoughts of the character I had in the moment. I might simply "know" things about myself, because the person I was then knew these things (like the color of my hair or something).

There are multiple senses in regression, and not everyone senses all of them. I'm one of those who steps back and actually experiences everything except scent, but the way you experience a particularly vivid memory or dream, as both a witness and a participant. Some people only see glimpses or "photographs" of a moment. Some witness more immersive video clips. Some step in like they're taking part in a play that they can't change. Some only know the answers to questions, like someone is telling it to them when they ask. Some hear conversations or sounds in the memory. Some people feel emotions without explanations. Some experience a sense of relationship to objects and places. Some remember specific skills or words. The list goes on and on. Some methods of remembering are probably less immediate and informative than others, but they're all worthy of respecting as experiences.

Justin, I went through the confusion and reconfiguration of belief from generic Christianity, too. If you went back to my earliest posts here in the forum you'd see me asking similar questions.

When people say "we are all one" I tend to think, "of course!" But in my mind the "one" isn't one homogenous mass of gelled puree, but more like leaves on the trees of the forest. The forest would be the larger image and part of a planet in its turn, but we are all unique in our humanity and born on a variety of trees within the forest, displaying individual characteristics even within the similarities of the parts of that tree. Or we're all unique parts of a large mosaic, incorporated into the whole where our uniqueness creates the best effect for the whole. Do you see how "being one" doesn't have to erase your individuality? Nature demonstrates how this works everywhere, so it's not hard to find micro illustrations of interconnection within variety to help us understand the picture that is too large to see.

We are connected ... in that what we do to others we do to ourselves. It comes around, because we're linked to each other more completely than we know. The net effect we contribute to life directly affects our environment/community (meaning we are in community whether we acknowledge it or not), which affects us in return.

Justin McKee likes this.
  7. Myna

Myna Humanoid

@Mere Dreamer
    Id like to explain u in detailed my experience, it's REALLY STRANGE!! but anyway, it's out of topic on this thread & also gonna be really loooong typing. I can't bombared my experiences on justin's thread. Any clue how to proceed? PM? Haha

Edit: i forgot I had opened a thread asking about this experience, so gonna post there

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Mere Dreamer likes this.