• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Is this a past life memory?

Thunder

Greetings to everyone. It's the first time I'm posting in a forum and I hope I can find some answers or at least some guidances. I think I have two memories that could be what we call a past life memory. I always had them but never really bothered to ask myself what are these memory. So..
The first memory is about me being a 30years old guy working in a company. There was a woman (that I think I loved?) and we were somewhere in an office (I really recall a photocopy machine). I gave her a red rose and there was something romantic about it.

The second memory was different. I was somehow around the same age with some other people, 3-4. They were my friends. We were in a building, it was noon. We were talking about something very important that had to be done and that it was dangerous. I remember me being the one who had to do something important and I was telling them I'm gonna come back. I felt very strong emotions towards them.

Could this be something like a past life memory?

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
Hi Thunder,

Both "could" be PL memories, based on the small amount of info set forth. But that is due to the fact that there is not enough known at this point to disprove either on the one hand, and because you yourself do not have any strong sense that they are/aren't PL memories. More information is needed.

Cordially,
S&S

Thunder

Hi Thunder,

Both "could" be PL memories, based on the small amount of info set forth. But that is due to the fact that there is not enough known at this point to disprove either on the one hand, and because you yourself do not have any strong sense that they are/aren't PL memories. More information is needed.

Cordially,
S&S
Hello,
I understand that it's very hard, if possible at all to be sure about such things. From when I was a child I had such memories and I always believed I had a past life, it felt that way. Plus, when I was a child several times I felt like I was out of my body and then I accelerated very fast and stopped exactly at the position of my body and that made me instantly wake up.

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
Hi Thunder,

Your feelings and intuitions on the matter are not irrelevant in this context. IMO, one of the indicators that something is in fact a PL memory is the personal emotional content it has for you as well as your "sense" that it is in fact a personal memory that you have of a past lifetime.
So, you seem to already have some strong subjective indicia of PL memories present. But seeking subjective confirmation--i.e., having enough certainty on the matter to be completely sure yourself can be difficult. Achieving objective confirmation at a level that might stand up to scientific scrutiny is extremely, extremely difficult. The best examples of such attempts are probably found in the writings and research of Ian Stevenson.

However, for the moment you should try to research a bit more about what/when the memories you do have represent. For example, are they from the same time or era? What are the styles of clothing worn? Do you recall the language being spoken? Do the surroundings impress you as being from a particular country or area? Are you certain you are the same "person" in both sets of memories--i.e., are these part of the same lifetime? Also, photocopying machines are a fairly recent invention. Can you remember what the photocopier looked like and try to find something similar online? How about the clothing?

I would suggest that you do some initial research (as suggested above). After that, you may want to try to achieve additional memories that would allow you to have a better idea of the nature and identity of this past lifetime. Many on the board use Youtube regression videos for that period and have some success. Some go see a professional regressionist.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--It is not unusual for PL memories to be associated with traumatic events in a past lifetime. Your second memory hints at this.
PPS--The out of body experiences don't necessarily relate to your PLs, but IMO, they may indicate that you are a person who is more likely to recall PL memories.

Thunder

Hi Thunder,

Your feelings and intuitions on the matter are not irrelevant in this context. IMO, one of the indicators that something is in fact a PL memory is the personal emotional content it has for you as well as your "sense" that it is in fact a personal memory that you have of a past lifetime.
So, you seem to already have some strong subjective indicia of PL memories present. But seeking subjective confirmation--i.e., having enough certainty on the matter to be completely sure yourself can be difficult. Achieving objective confirmation at a level that might stand up to scientific scrutiny is extremely, extremely difficult. The best examples of such attempts are probably found in the writings and research of Ian Stevenson.

However, for the moment you should try to research a bit more about what/when the memories you do have represent. For example, are they from the same time or era? What are the styles of clothing worn? Do you recall the language being spoken? Do the surroundings impress you as being from a particular country or area? Are you certain you are the same "person" in both sets of memories--i.e., are these part of the same lifetime? Also, photocopying machines are a fairly recent invention. Can you remember what the photocopier looked like and try to find something similar online? How about the clothing?

I would suggest that you do some initial research (as suggested above). After that, you may want to try to achieve additional memories that would allow you to have a better idea of the nature and identity of this past lifetime. Many on the board use Youtube regression videos for that period and have some success. Some go see a professional regressionist.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--It is not unusual for PL memories to be associated with traumatic events in a past lifetime. Your second memory hints at this.
PPS--The out of body experiences don't necessarily relate to your PLs, but IMO, they may indicate that you are a person who is more likely to recall PL memories.
Thank you for your detailed answered. It's the first time I found such a forum to discuss this matter. I totally understand that nobody can tell me for sure but taking some advice is precious.
I am positive that both of these memories of mine were very close. The first (with the rose) I kinda felt it was night and the second it was noon. I could even consider that it was the next day. For a reason I know not I did feel that there was heat like it was a summer day. It was greek (I'm greek). About the clothing I can't really tell but the period was somewhere around late 80's early 90s. I think I was around 30. I also felt that I died after that. I had to do something and it didn't go well. I can't really put it into words but it felt something like this. That woman I loved her, I wanted to ask her out. And these guys were my friends, I had a mission or something. I loved both of them (the woman and my friends).
Another thing, but that's kinda seperate. I always felt I was looking for someone, but no further idea of why. Like a lost and found thing.

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
Hi Thunder:

Since you are Greek, you will have a better grasp of matters involving Greece or Greek speaking people during the time period specified. The memories seem like they might pertain to some type of underground movement, warfare or revolution. However, they might have involved other violent activities, whether governmental or otherwise. (This is all just my own intuition/guess). However, I am curious. What was going on in Greece or involving Greeks during that period that could have led to your violent death?

Cordially,
S&S

PS--It is best to also consider the possibility that you were not an ethnic Greek at the time, even though you might have been speaking Greek. We have had a lot of Germans who fought in WWII on the board, but were reincarnated as citizens of the countries they fought against in WWII.

cloud potato

Senior Registered
Welcome to the forum. What I can say is the ideas and memories have been with me for years. I think they've helped me contemplate a greater reality and guide me in subtler ways I don't completely understand.

Not every moment or answer is the same. I wonder if you might ever consider the person you were looking for is your self?

Last edited:

Thunder

Hi Thunder:

Since you are Greek, you will have a better grasp of matters involving Greece or Greek speaking people during the time period specified. The memories seem like they might pertain to some type of underground movement, warfare or revolution. However, they might have involved other violent activities, whether governmental or otherwise. (This is all just my own intuition/guess). However, I am curious. What was going on in Greece or involving Greeks during that period that could have led to your violent death?

Cordially,
S&S

PS--It is best to also consider the possibility that you were not an ethnic Greek at the time, even though you might have been speaking Greek. We have had a lot of Germans who fought in WWII on the board, but were reincarnated as citizens of the countries they fought against in WWII.
I would think more of something underground than anything else. Nothing in great scare in terms of war happened. I do have the feeling that I was a good guy though.
Not every moment or answer is the same. I wonder if you might ever consider the person you were looking for is your self?
There's a sense of something that wasn't completed, that something must be remembered. Plus, I always had a thing for gingers don't know why. Watching a ginger guy/girl feels nice. My best friend is ginger.

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
Hi Thunder,

The Greek Anarchists were very active in Greece during the period in question (and apparently continue to be very active in Greece):

Does anything ring a bell with you in terms of these folks or any other underground organization in Greece? Also, there seems to be a fair amount of terrorist activity leading to deaths (check the charting by date of terrorist attacks in the following article):

Perhaps you lost your life as a result of one of these incidents. It may be that whatever you were doing with a possible underground organization at the time was not the direct cause of your death. You may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was struck by your description of working in a location with a copy machine, which made me wonder about the United Parcel Service bombing of 1991 detailed in the foregoing article.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Here are a couple of additional articles on the last mentioned:

Last edited:

Thunder

Hi Thunder,

The Greek Anarchists were very active in Greece during the period in question (and apparently continue to be very active in Greece):

Does anything ring a bell with you in terms of these folks or any other underground organization in Greece? Also, there seems to be a fair amount of terrorist activity leading to deaths (check the charting by date of terrorist attacks in the following article):

Perhaps you lost your life as a result of one of these incidents. It may be that whatever you were doing with a possible underground organization at the time was not the direct cause of your death. You may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was struck by your description of working in a location with a copy machine, which made me wonder about the United Parcel Service bombing of 1991 detailed in the foregoing article.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Here are a couple of additional articles on the last mentioned:
Forgive me for taking so long to answer. I'm having the toughest training in the ER department.
Well I've heard of these but I don't believe it has anything to do with my face. I was feeling as a good guy, I wouldn't be causing harm My thought is that someone evil killed me. I do find the last part of your sentence very interesting. Something about that strikes inside me.

I am curious though. If past lives exist and are as what their name suggests, why my soul bothers thinking that? I do feel that something was left unfinished, something must be completed. If I had many other lives and these segments are just my previous one, why do I feel like the previous was the "real one"?

There is something more. I have a thing for gingers as I've said. In my mind someone who had ginger hair was very important for me. My best friend is a ginger guy. I wonder if there's a connection for all these. We're friends the past dunno, 20 years? But we became friends from the first second we saw each other.

SeaAndSky

Senior Registered
Hi Thunder,

You state: "My thought is that someone evil killed me. I do find the last part of your sentence very interesting." Do you mean my thought that you might have died in the United Parcel Service bombing of 1991?

Your comments that your last lifetime felt like the "real" one or more important than your present lifetime, leaving you with unfinished business, is similar to things I have heard before from others in relation to a past lifetime. And, though every lifetime is important, it is certainly true that it could have left you with unfinished business. Likewise, it could have seemed more "real" because you were more intensively involved with what you considered to be great projects and struggles, which often seem to make one feel more "alive".

I'm wondering whether your current friend was your friend from before, in your previous lifetime. Is it possible that you both died and returned so that you could remain together as friends in this lifetime? That is not all that unusual in accounts of past lifetimes. Perhaps you both died as a result of the same event, such as the 1991 bombing? (Just guessing :cool:).

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Good luck with the ER training!

Emma66

Once a Marine, always a Marine
I do feel that something was left unfinished, something must be completed.
Hi Thunder, I do feel the same. I have few glimpses of several past lives but two are more vivid. I know I have something to do to heal an let go the past.
I think it depends on what you were doing, what were your thoughts when you died, especially if you have had a violent death.
For my most recent PL I thought I had to go home, contact my family (I died in a war far from home), for another PL ( also died in a War) I needed answers from someone and I was desperately looking for my horse and my sabre ( for the horse it's Ok. I bred horses and I am sure one of my mares was already my horse in that life, searching the internet I found a real Don Cossack sabre and will receive it soon, one more piece in my "museum")
I feel better now. I also worked on understanding the events around my deaths.

Last edited:

Thunder

Hi Thunder,

You state: "My thought is that someone evil killed me. I do find the last part of your sentence very interesting." Do you mean my thought that you might have died in the United Parcel Service bombing of 1991?

Your comments that your last lifetime felt like the "real" one or more important than your present lifetime, leaving you with unfinished business, is similar to things I have heard before from others in relation to a past lifetime. And, though every lifetime is important, it is certainly true that it could have left you with unfinished business. Likewise, it could have seemed more "real" because you were more intensively involved with what you considered to be great projects and struggles, which often seem to make one feel more "alive".

I'm wondering whether your current friend was your friend from before, in your previous lifetime. Is it possible that you both died and returned so that you could remain together as friends in this lifetime? That is not all that unusual in accounts of past lifetimes. Perhaps you both died as a result of the same event, such as the 1991 bombing? (Just guessing :cool:).

Cordially,
S&S

PS--Good luck with the ER training!
Hello again,
Well I don't know, how could I? The date makes sense though. I think that if one's life ends unexpectedly.. that could be most annoying. A sense of something that was left uncompleted. I always felt that my life had to be quiet.

About my friend, who could ever know? But it's interesting that we both came close instantly. I can't describe it easily. I don't have siblings to make a comparison. When I looked at him, it felt nice, his face felt like home, his ginger hair pleased my eyes. It was like falling in love but without the "sexual" part. I'm not sure if what I'm saying makes sense.

Thank you. ER is tough! I think all that lack of sleep during my shifts somehow makes me thing of all these. As well as seeing patients die.
Hi Thunder, I do feel the same. I have few glimpses of several past lives but two are more vivid. I know I have something to do to heal an let go the past.
I think it depends on what you were doing, what were your thoughts when you died, especially if you have had a violent death.
For my most recent PL I thought I had to go home, contact my family (I died in a war far from home), for another PL ( also died in a War) I needed answers from someone and I was desperately looking for my horse and my sabre ( for the horse it's Ok. I bred horses and I am sure one of my mares was already my horse in that life, searching the internet I found a real Don Cossack sabre and will receive it soon, one more piece in my "museum")
I feel better now. I also worked on understanding the events around my deaths.

I totally get what you're saying. questions about death are so hard to answer..