James Leininger Case, Ian Stevenson, IISIS

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Please welcome Walter Semkiw as our next guest speaker. He will be starting a thread for discussion soon.

Advances in Reincarnation Research and a Tribute to Ian Stevenson, MD

For a period of 40 years, the late Ian Stevenson, MD traveled around the world studying children who had spontaneous past life memories that could be historically and objectively validated. In the last 10 years, reincarnation research has proceeded at an accelerated rate, largely due to the Internet, which has allowed historical research to be conducted more easily, as well as facilitating communication regarding new cases around the world.

Walter will summarize the most important new cases, including the James Leininger case, which has been featured on ABC Primetime, the History Channel and the Oprah Winfrey Network. This case supports several observations made by Ian Stevenson regarding reincarnation cases, including similarity in facial features and innate knowledge conveyed from one lifetime to another, as well as apparent perception from in-between incarnations.

Other important new cases involve police Capt. Robert Snow, Fire Chief Jeff Keene, policewoman Barbro Karlen, neurosurgeon Norm Shealy, MD and those of Penney Peirce, whose string of three researched past lifetimes suggest that a soul can animate more than one physical body at a time, a phenomenon which I have termed “split incarnation.” Dr. Stevenson noted this same phenomenon, which he called reincarnation cases with “anomalous dates,” as one lifetime would overlap another. Synopses of all these cases can be accessed at the IISIS web site.

Other principles of reincarnation drawn from cases include xenoglossy and the preservation of past life personalities intact within the soul, renewal of relationships through reincarnation, planning of lifetimes and spirit being involvement in reincarnation cases. Ian Stevenson even reported a case that involved suicide in the prior incarnation, which will be presented. These case categories can be reviewed at IISIS Case Studies.

Walter will also discuss the great societal transformation that objective evidence of reincarnation can bring, as reincarnation research reveals that a person can change religion, race, nationality and ethnic affiliation from one lifetime to another. A case involving the reincarnation of Holocaust victim Anne Frank dramatically demonstrates these observations.

2. Walter A Semkiw

Walter A Semkiw Walter Semkiw, MD

Thank You

Dear Carol and Deborah,

Thank you for inviting me to be a guest speaker on the forum.

Walter

3. Deborah

Nice to have you here Walter. Please feel free to start your discussion thread when ever you are ready. We are looking forward to it.

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Walter! Welcome, and thanks for accepting the invitation. I was very impressed with your website, and I'm also looking forward to the discussion.

Chris :)

5. ~Ophelia~

~Ophelia~ New Member

I am looking forward to it. What are you going to talk about?

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes! Walter welcome to the forum. I look forward to your discussion.

Tinkerman

7. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

The information that a single soul may animate and occupy several physical bodies at once, may go a long way in answering certain questions I have about this relatively unknown phenomena (at least to the general public).

The case study of Fire Chief Jeff Keene holds a special interest for me because of my years with the FD and I look forward to hearing of it.

I also look forward to hearing from Dr. Semkiw and his discussion in this Forum, and welcome him most warmly.

hydrolad

8. Walter A Semkiw

James Leininger Case, Ian Stevenson, IISIS

Hi Everyone,

It is a pleasure and honor to be a guest speaker on the forum. Please refer to the introduction that was posted by Deborah, which cites my upcoming presentation at the Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE), the organization that Ian Stevenson belonged to and strongly supported. I spent a day with Dr. Stevenson in 2001 and he served as my sponsor to join the SSE. My presentation will include a tribute to Dr. Stevenson, as well as a review of new cases that are advancing reincarnation research.

Carol Bowman and I recently communicated about new images involving James Leininger. Most of you are likely familiar with the Leininger case, in which little James remembered being a World War II fighter pilot, James Huston, Jr. It is the most publicized reincarnation case in the United States.

One reason that this case is so important is that we have had the opportunity to observe James develop over time. This case was first aired on ABC Primetime in 2005. In the work that I've been doing, along with the work that Jeff Keene and others have done, we have found that facial features remain the same from lifetime to lifetime. In 2005, I predicted that over time James Leininger would come to look like James Huston.

In January 2011, Bruce Leininger, James's father, sent me new images of James at 12 years of age which clearly show a physical resemblance to Huston. I consider this development a milestone in reincarnation research, as we have been able to make this observation of consistent facial features in a prospective, rather than retrospective, manner.

I thank Carol Bowman for facilitating communication between myself and the Leininger family. As you know, Carol was consulted by the Leininger's and she is featured in their book, Soul Survivor.

In addition, I have been putting up synopses of Ian Stevenson cases on our IISIS website, so that more people may have access to them. I'm discovering many cases where Ian Stevenson described a physical resemblance from one incarnation to another, though photographs were not available. Further, I'm finding the Stevenson literature to be a treasure chest that we can use to formulate a cohesive theory or understanding of how reincarnation works. I have posted such a theory under the section "Principles of Reincarnation" on the IISIS website.

Finally, I would like to mention that another focus of IISIS is to promote the creation of a more peaceful world by educating people on reincarnation cases where religion, nationality and ethnic affiliation can change. I believe this understanding will reduce violence between groups that are separated by these cultural markers of identity.

The most dramatic case of this type involves Barbro Karlen, who has had memories since childhood of being Anne Frank, though many other cases demonstrate the same phenomenon of change of religion. Barbro's case is posted on the IISIS website.

Carol Bowman, by the way, is familiar with Barbro's case and Carol and Barbro spent an afternoon together several years ago during an IARRT conference in Colorado Springs. Carol supports Barbro's case.

I am providing five links below for your review. I look forward to your comments and insights.

James Leininger Case

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-reincarnation-james-leininger-carol-bowman&hl=en_US

Principles of Reincarnation

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-reincarnation-past-lives-principles&hl=en_US

Barbro Karlen Case

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-anne-frank-barbro-karlen-reincarnation-past-life&hl=en_US

Change of Religion

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-reincarnation-past-lives-religion-nationality-gender-change&hl=en_US

Case Studies

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=reincarnation-past-lives-evidence-case-studies&hl=en_US

Another way to review the website is to go to www.iisis.net and click on the English page. I look forward to hearing from you.

Very Best Wishes, Walter

9. Deborah

Hi Walter,

Thank you for posting all this information. Very interesting and some exciting insights into Stevenson's work.

This is FANTASTIC! I have memories that cross cultures, religions, and continents and have wanted to hear more about this, via researched cases and others experiences. Can you share an example?

I hope members post their thoughts, questions and insights into your work.

Again, welcome!

10. hydrolad

Greetings Doctor Semkiw, and thank you for taking the time to participate with us in this Forum.

I have a question to ask (that may have been covered elsewhere), but in addition to James Leininger's facial features in relation to those of James Huston, Junior; has any research been done that also focuses on the habits and mannerisms of the young James Leininger.

So in closing, does young James have anything of a noticeable habit that bears further research and that has been recognized by a family member of Mr. Huston, and therefore gives further support for the belief in Reincarnation?

Thank you for your time.

11. Walter A Semkiw

Hi Deborah,

Thank you for your interest in cases that involve a change of culture.

There are many cases that show change in religion, nationality, etc. One of my favorites is the reincarnation case of Sharada | Uttara Huddar, which is also a very dramatic example of xenoglossy. Sharada was Bengali and she demonstrated disdain and prejudice against the ethnic group that her contemporary personality, Uttara, belong to. This case also demonstrates how a past life personalities can be retained intact within the soul, as Sharada was unaware that she was dead. Sharada only spoke Bengali, while Uttara only spoke Marathi.

This case can be reviewed in detail at the following page:

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-ian-stevenson-xenoglossy-sharada-huddar&hl=en_US

Cases with change in religion, nationality, ethnic affiliation and gender are compiled at the following page:

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-reincarnation-past-lives-religion-nationality-gender-change&hl=en_US

Best Wishes, Walter

12. Walter A Semkiw

Leininger Traits

Hi Hydrolad,

James Leininger demonstrated innate knowledge regarding World War II aircraft and was able to distinguish between Tonys, Bettys and Zeros, which are various types of Japanese aircraft.

In terms of behavior, he spontaneously walked around a Corsair fighter plane in a museum as if he was conducting a flight check. He created a mock cockpit in one of the family's closets.

James Leininger is a gifted singer, as was James Huston. Bruce and Andrea Leininger, his parents, do not have singing talent.

I am not aware of documented similarities in posture, but that is a very good question.

Best wishes, Walter

13. hydrolad

Hello Dr. Semkiw:

Thank you for your reply and no need to reply as I know how busy you are.

I knew about young James knowledge with Japanese aircraft and his fascination and familiarity of the Corsair, but I'll admit, I knew nothing about his singing voice.

It would be quite a validation if young James knew the songs from that long ago era, and even some of the singers and band leaders back then, without any talk of that era from his parents, as they appear to be younger in age than that. :)

14. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Hi Walter!

I have heard some people refer to Reincarnation as the fourth leg of the table upon which Christianity rests -- the missing philosophy of responsibility for our actions...that we "reap what we sew". Although I am not fond of religious dogma, I would agree that the concept and study of reincarnation does offer a moral quality that is sadly lacking in most religious faith, where one would expect to find it.

It seems to me that, if early Christian Church leaders like Irenaeus and Origen had been more inspired than politically motivated as they were, they might have seen the benefit of preaching that we reap in the next life whatsoever we sew in this one.

Although the Abrahamic religious institutions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) missed their opportunity over a millenium ago, I think that current observations and research, including yours, will provide humanity with a much better and less dogmatic opportunity to realize what it truly means to be human -- not only as individuals, but as an existential and spiritual collective community.

One might wish to ask your opinion, if war, jealousy, hatred and selfishness born of materialism would diminish, if everyone could, somehow, become aware of the evidence for reincarnation?

15. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

Hello Dr. Semkiw. I am grateful for your participation in the forum, and I look forward to anything that you share with us. I agree completely that if people knew that we can and do cross those social/cultural lines we draw for ourselves from one life to the next, the world would be a much different place. Sadly, I hear people accusing, complaining about, looking down on, and making fun of other races, nationalities, gender, you name it...all the time. I just quietly think to myself that they are inviting themselves to reincarnate in the next life as the very thing they dislike. We all are all things, we just don't know it (yet).

16. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Hi Walter. Thank you for the great post I will be having a look at the links you have provided when I have a bit more time:)

I agree with you Truthseeker, it is sad to see. I always think that this planet we choose to incarnate on is 'designed' for hatred in many ways. I do not mean that this is what we are suppose to do, but i see everything we have here on earth as obstacles. Different races, different backgrounds, different opinions and so on.

I cant ever see there being world peace on earth:laugh: Arccording to Newton's work, as im sure you know, earth is a really tuff place to incarnate on and we dont usually come here for a easy ride.

17. Walter A Semkiw

Reincarnation, Religion and the Void

Dear Truthseeker, Nighttrain and Kristopher,

Thank you for your posts regarding reincarnation, prejudice and violence. I do believe that evidence of reincarnation will transform the world in a very positive way.

Religions have evolved to fill a void in scientific knowledge regarding our spiritual nature and the spiritual world. Most people cannot tolerate Earth life without a belief that we continue to exist following death. Religions serve to allay anxiety regarding our fates after we die.

Religious doctrines are ingrained into our minds in childhood and these doctrines become part of our identities. Once we are in our 20s, we are very resistant to changing or modifying the worldview that we have adopted by that point in time. A negative side effect of religions is that we become separated by these doctrines, which can lead to war between groups.

Evidence of reincarnation, which is just now coming into the world, will change how human beings view themselves and the spiritual world, by filling the void of knowledge.

In part, change will occur because there is a big difference between belief and knowledge. Belief systems may prohibit killing, adultery or lying, but killing, adultery and lying still occur among members who subscribe to the belief system.

This can occur because followers may not be 100% sure that the religious belief system is true. I was raised Catholic, but at an early age I began questioning, as it didn't make sense to me that so many different religions, which contradicted each other, could be true. If one questions the validity of one's own belief system, why follow its rules? As a result, an unspoken philosophy of every man and woman for themselves can emerge.

In contrast, when one knows that reincarnation exists based on scientific evidence and data, one perceives that behavior really does count. When one observes, based on validated scientific case studies of reincarnation, that religion, nationality and ethnic affiliation can change from lifetime to lifetime, one truly appreciates the universal nature of the human being. We will then no longer be separated by the religion, nationality or the ethnic group that we are born into.

Incarnation on Earth can be difficult in large part due to our own ignorance regarding who we are and our spiritual natures. This will change over the ensuing decades.

It will take time, in part because people who are already invested in their belief systems don't even want to hear about evidence of reincarnation, no matter how strong and convincing it is. I deal with this even within my own family, as my brothers and their children participate and benefit from the social aspects of their churches. Barbro Karlen noted that when her father was faced with incontrovertible evidence that she had lived before, her father became upset, because it conflicted with his Christian worldview where "everything was set right."

We are at the same stage as when Galileo asserted, based on scientific evidence, that the Earth revolves around the Sun. Recall that the Roman Catholic Church placed Galileo under house arrest, as according to their doctrine the Earth was the center of the universe. As obvious as Galileo's truth seems to us now, it still took the Roman Catholic Church 360 years to officially admit that they were wrong.

Change will come as young people with open minds are exposed to evidence of reincarnation. Many times I have thought that I would've loved to have the evidence of reincarnation that is available now accessible to me in my youth. It would have saved me a great deal of searching and reading.

As evidence of reincarnation enters consciousness around the world, our planet will become more peaceful and evolved. The members of this forum are contributors to this process.

18. Kristopher

Hi Walter. I agree with everything you have said. I have seen people that are religious ignore evidence of reincarnation as it does not fit in with their own religion. I personally feel what people call faith in a religion can actually be fear, as people can get so wrapped up in the idea that they will go to hell if they dont stick by what they are told to.

I also think it would be great if everyone would take reincarnation more seriously than people tend to do. However, would our guides, and other spiritual beings, really want everyone to believe in reincarnation? I mean surley if we knew why we are really here that would defeat the point of us incarnating in the first place? It may also give some people the thoughts like "well i dont care if im a bad person in this life, I will just make up for it in another".

Kris :)

19. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Kris: there's was a thread a while back that talked about whether or not society was ready to deal with proof of reincarnation:

Welcome to the forum, Dr. Semkiw! I've been following your work for some time. :D

20. Inanna

Inanna Probationary

Hi Walter! I'm looking forward to your thread and reply to my recent e-mail's as well Lol!

It's me the Twin-Soul of Michael Jackson-Holly.

Sure your buisy....so I'll take a number.

I'de really like to talk with you about Twin-Flame's...Because I think my situation my be unique in it's nature. Not because he was famous, but in another reguard more of import.

Love and Light

21. Kristopher

Thanks Jody :thumbsup:

22. Deborah

Hi Walter,

One thing I have learned in the past 25+ years, is that change happens one person at a time, and that it is actually the experience of the individual that determines if the transformation is positive. Whether they believe or not is irrelevant.

There is plenty of evidence already, and various cultures have held the belief for centuries. Yes we have more information available to us, but information isn't what brings about change.

To me, it is the individual raising of consciousness within each of us that will transform the world and not just the knowing....we have been here before.:cool

My 2 cents for the discussion. : angel

23. Ginger2

Ginger2 New Member

research in other countries

Dr Semkiw,

Thank you so much for your research and postings. I read every case study and I'm fascinated by them. Why aren't there more cases in Asia and Southeast Asia- China, Japan , Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc Those cultures have believed in reincarnation for 5000 years (well the Chinese anyway) . I was raised with the belief in reincarnation and karma. Although I'm educated in the USA and do not read /write Chinese. I fortunately can speak it though.

I do not know how much reincarnation research has been done in Asia and I'm sure you have a better idea than I. I know that have had past lives in China but to prove it may be very difficult since many historical facts have been destroyed in the last few hundred years.

I have posted on Michelle Brock's thread about my past life connection. There are certain things since childhood and now apparent to me in my current situation. I have a certain extreme phobia and its to heights. I tried curing it but to no avail. I also use to hate anything that was tied around my neck as a scarf or turtlenecks . I did not speak till I was 5 years old.

I was led to my past life connection by a spiritual being/ symbol. This particular symbol (insect) has appeared to me in the last 5 years. I ignored it but it keep showing up even on my door as if it was knocking on my door. Every time I saw it, I thought of this particular group of Buddhist group of martial artists. This insect is symbolic with them in particular. This particular group has quite a significant presence in China , martial arts and Chan (Zen) Buddhism.

The very last time it appeared, I simply could no longer ignore it. I was just diagnosed with an auto immune disease. I was begging the universe for an answer as I was crying/jogging. Then I looked down and there it was again! Just popped out of the grass as soon as I asked for an answer. I could no longer ignore this spiritual sign.

The symbolic message was for me to seek this group and to become an acupuncturist which I'm going to school for now. I have no cure for my disease but acupuncture can help it tremondously. I did not know that until I started my education. I was never a true believer in acupuncture or Buddhism .

I had to seek this particular Buddhist group unknowingly if they were the authentic branch from China. Indeed they are and they have been here since 2008. I walked into the temple and strange things starting happening for me from that point on for me. Things starting clicking for me and I feel like I'm at home with them.

You say that there is an innate talent with certain past lives. I have an innate talent for martial arts, I am a woman (mom) in her 40s though. I did not start until my early 30s. Ever since I was a child, I have been obsessed with martial arts. I breathe and live martial arts. I have been practicing only for the last 10 years but never in Chinese traditional kungfu . All the other martial arts techniques were never natural to me. However as soon as I practicing their kungfu. It felt natural. What's more strange is that this kungfu ( i didn't know this) is related to acupuncture and qi (energy) . This qi work can save me from many ailments. They have been working with internal,cultivating energy and emitting energy for the last 1500 years. Energy work is not new to the Chinese.

They all have told me that I am extremely talented and its rare for them to say this at all to anybody especially a woman. They are all monks. In the Chinese kungfu world , a talented martial artist has many past lives that has been passed down through previous incarnations. That is how normally an student was accepted to their master in the old days. All kung ** practices were passed down through verbal communication or demonstration. A student/master relationship is even more precious than one of parent/child or spouses. It is a relationship that is highly respected , extreme loyalty and never forgotten (i sound like a kungfu flick, sorry) .

As I am more involved with this group, I know the destiny that I do have with them. It really feels like somehow this was planned because things come into light after I document them. Its like a job that I have to do for them and they all know it too. Its bewildering to me! I do get flashbacks when I'm with them. I have strong emotions to one of them in particular. To the point where I'm crying every week when I know that I won't see him for a few days. I rarely speak to him , i don't know him well. When I see him, its even weirder because he is so much younger than I. but when we are in each others presence, it feels like bliss. What's weird is that I don't feel romantic feelings per se for him but feels like love as Michelle described. I know he feels the same, i sense his emotions very strongly. Its so bizarre! I do not understand it but do I want to ? I just want the crazy crying to stop and its driving me nuts! I understand my role in this and it even feels familiar to me . Weird!!

24. Walter A Semkiw

Reincarnation and Behavior

Dear Kristopher,

Thank you for your comments. I would like to address a statement that you made which I have provided below:

"I also think it would be great if everyone would take reincarnation more seriously than people tend to do. However, would our guides, and other spiritual beings, really want everyone to believe in reincarnation? I mean surley if we knew why we are really here that would defeat the point of us incarnating in the first place? It may also give some people the thoughts like "well i dont care if im a bad person in this life, I will just make up for it in another".

I do believe that knowledge of reincarnation is the next step in the evolution of humanity. Just because you understand that reincarnation exists does not mean that life will not be a learning experience. For example, when one falls in love, one does not usually know who the object of your affection was in a past incarnation or what karma is involved. Earth life is the field where we work on relationships and associated karma. Also, many people incarnate to provide service and help humanity advance. Knowledge of reincarnation will only make that service more meaningful.

It is true that some may take the attitude that they can be bad in this lifetime and make up for it another time, but that is an immature point of view and the universe will put that person in line. I personally think that if people know that reincarnation really exists and they are accountable for their actions, it should increase personal responsibility. This goes back to the issue of belief versus knowledge. The belief in a religious system gives one wiggle room, as there is always doubt that the belief system is absolutely true. When one knows for a fact that reincarnation is true based on evidence, then I believe one becomes more conscious of the effects of actions.

Is there a particular reason you feel people may behave more badly with evidence and knowledge of reincarnation?

Best wishes, Walter

25. Walter A Semkiw

Thanks Jody

Dear Jody,

Thank you for sharing that you have been following my work. It means a lot to me.

God bless, Walter

26. Walter A Semkiw

Evidence of Reincarnation

Dear Deborah,

I don't wish to be contentious, but I disagree with your statement that there has been a great deal of evidence of reincarnation available for some time.

I do not consider belief in reincarnation as the same thing is evidence. That is been the problem, that spiritual systems, including reincarnation, have been based on belief, which allows the different systems to contradict one another.

True evidence of reincarnation really only began with scholars, such as Ian Stevenson, who objectively validate memories. Having memories without objective validation does not constitute evidence.

Even then, though Stevenson has published over the last few decades, he is an unknown entity to the vast majority of people. One issue is how he documented his cases in his books, in which his focus was on methodology and often times the story got lost in the details. I have to admit that when I go through Stevenson's cases, I get confused. That is why one of my main goals is to make Stevenson's cases easy to understand by posting them on the IISIS website in story form.

I do agree that change happens one person at a time, which is why I've decided to put my efforts in the website, which will allow the information to be available to people as they become ready to learn about it.

Does that make sense to you Deborah, or do you have other concerns?

Best wishes, Walter

27. Walter A Semkiw

Soul Groups

Dear Ginger 2,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences regarding the Buddhist group that you feel you belong to.

I believe your experiences reflect the power of soul groups and that people do incarnate with a definite plan or itinerary of who they want to reconnect with along the path of life.

As an example, I am now doing synopses on a set of cases that Ian Stevenson did involving twins. He was able to validate the memories of about 20 individuals who were born with a twin. In investigating the cases, he found that the twins had a significant past life relationship, such as being a spouse, parent, sibling, etc.

This also speaks to the issue of whether knowledge of reincarnation negates the purpose for incarnating. Though one may know that reincarnation exists, most of us are not aware of our destinies or which karmic groups we will be reunited with. Our destiny or itinerary generally remains subconscious, though when we are reunited with the karmic group, we experience those feelings that we belong.

Does that make sense?

There is a section on the IISIS website involving cases where it is observed that a soul plans a future lifetime, as well as the section where souls are reunited through reincarnation. I provided links below. On the planning lifetimes page, there is a cute cartoon that I use regarding destiny.

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=semkiw-reincarnation-same-family&hl=en_US

I wish you well in your acupuncture studies. It sounds like you have found your niche.

Best wishes, Walter

28. Walter A Semkiw

Is Society Ready for Reincarnation

Dear Jody,

I did review your post regarding whether society is ready for evidence of reincarnation.

I believe what will happen is that rather than displacing established religions, evidence of reincarnation will first be integrated within established religions.

As an example, as Christians learn more about evidence of reincarnation, they will also become aware of the references to reincarnation in the New Testament. Rather than suppressing information on reincarnation, Christian leaders will start referring to it. At the same time, they will continue to emphasize Jesus as the leader of their church. Rather than seeing Jesus as the one son of God, Jesus will be seen as a spiritual Olympic athlete, who attained the endpoint of a series of lifetimes. Muslims can see Mohamed in this way also.

In this way, there will be a gradual transition, but with the awareness that one can change religion, which will negate the mutual exclusivity that religions currently maintain.

What do you think of this idea?

Best wishes, Walter

29. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Walter -- that idea makes sense to me! I'm pretty sure that the concept of reincarnation was with Christians from the very beginning, but was deliberately scrubbed from later traditions for nefarious reasons. It's about time people stopped killing each other "in the name of God!" :grr:

30. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I wish that I could be as confident that evidence of reincarnation will first be integrated within established religions. It is quite true that followers of religion have been gradually adjusting to the new and enlivened belief of reincarnation; but I think that is largely due to a gradual falling away from their formerly literal interpretation of the Bible. However, followers of religion have also been gradually moving away toward a new religion of "Scientism" in which belief in reincarnation is scorned.

Whether the Bible contains references to Reincarnation or not may become a moot point, because as other scriptures have been uncovered, the debate becomes even more obscured and all we know is that early church leaders taught a broad range of beliefs until they were purged during the subsequent councils of the first millenium. Unfortunately, none of them specifically mention reincarnation.

It may be, instead, that modern research into parapsychology and quantum physics will provide enough evidence that something exists beyond our physical world. And, if this is the case, we will be in a better position to accept the verifiable testimony of personal experience, if we allow ourselves to think outside the constraints of Scripture and Newtonian Science.

Frankly, I think conventional Religion and Science both pose the greatest roadblocks to accepting real evidence of Reincarnation, because both are too dogmatic by their nature to accept anything other than what the oligarchs dictate. And I think that more people should fight any form of dogma, if they are interested in discovering truth.