Karmic Patterns

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by AndreaFrances, Nov 15, 2015.

1. AndreaFrances

AndreaFrances Member

Have you ever experienced a karmic pattern? Do you think it is a true experience in the universe? I have heard they are experiences that repeat in order to teach you. For me this seems to be true. From an early age I found myself meeting people with an attitude of superiority and judgement.This attitude just seemed to appear in my world.One time I was literally just sitting at a table in a restaurant, and a child at another table gave me a look of disgust.It was a mystery to me as to why I always seemed to encounter these people who judged me without even knowing me.As an adult,I wonder if this was a karmic pattern?I am not saying that I deserved it or that I was being punished(I do not believe karma is punishment),but that maybe it was a lesson I set out to learn in this lifetime.Because of that experience I became a more understanding person.I never look down on anyone because I understand how it feels to be on the receiving end of that treatment.I also noticed that as I have learned from it,I encounter these judgemental people less and less.

2. Carloloner

Carloloner Active Member

I don't know if this counts as a karmic pattern but for most of my current incarnation, i've always had the feeling of not fitting in whether it's at school, college and work and not meeting many people who i click with at a soul level.

Reading your post Andrea made me wonder about this and whether it pertains to the lesson i'm supposed to learn in this life. :)

3. AndreaFrances

AndreaFrances Member

I am still learning what it means...but it sounds like that.It would make sense that it is an experience we have had from an early age,since it is part of the energy we are born with.

4. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps it's not so much what's going on in the outside world, but more what you relate to and how you relate to it?

What I mean is, people may or may not really be 'judging' you (or not more or less than they 'judge' anyone). But if you have the feeling they are, that may be to do with previous life experiences? If you have an interest in a certain thing, you will notice it more often.

So in that way, certainly your 'karma' will determine what you come across in your every day life, what you pay attention to, what you react to strongly?

Just a thought.

5. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I don't think it's a "karmic pattern". I think it's just people you knew in a past life. They were the same way in the past life.

6. AndreaFrances

AndreaFrances Member

That is an interesting thought...maybe I did know them in the past.Maybe I was still attached to what they had done to me before.Or maybe I had done that to them in the past.It seems like we often switch roles as we learn.

7. AndreaFrances

AndreaFrances Member

@tanguerra I do think there is truth to that.It reminds me of why Buddhism teaches the importance of being aware of your mind.Whether or not they were judging me..I was attached to the fear of being judged and so I was effected by my own mind.

8. soulfreindly

soulfreindly Senior Registered

Just putting it out there that what we have difficult feelings about can be hidden family secrets that we pick up sublimally as children.. This can also be all tied in with past lives..

Some people can tap into the akashic records .. I am one of them.. If we can pick up on peoples thoughts/ energies then these things will surely affect us.

I myself learned of my fathers secret life when I was in my 40s.. Had I not had the knowledge of it I believe working out my feelings of fear would not have gone so well. He was a spy this life along with his very normal outward life that I saw.. But in reflections I can see how I was picking it up as a child.. I was aware of strange men watching our house but had put the thoughts of it being really dangerous .. but I felt that fear..

I have had other lives with parralel experiences.. a father and a husband / both the same person '/ different lives who was also a spy.

I believe these parrallel experiences do bring out certain parts of ourselves and by doing regression work we can put pieces together.

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Indeed. The Buddhists often stress the importance of paying attention to what's going on inside our heads, rather than in the outside world. Part of the reason for that is it's much easier to control what we are doing than what everyone else is doing.

So, if it is part of our karma to work on our compassion for others, we might be confronted by a lot of suffering in our own life in order for us to be able to feel the pain that others feel. Hardly seems fair sometimes, but that's what they say!

10. AndreaFrances

AndreaFrances Member

It doesn't seem fair in the short term.But in the overall picture I suppose its much different.If suffering will change the experience of your soul on a permanent level and forever enlighten you, then I can see why a soul would experience suffering.

11. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

Sometimes it's not possible to know exactly what it is, but the good news is that it does not happen to you anymore, because you say you learned from it.

My experience is that sometimes its people and sometimes its just stuff that happen, people do something without even knowing, or the wind, if you know what I mean... and in this case, I wonder how to learn from it! So that it does not happen anymore, for example when things keep waking me up at night.