• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Looking for something you had in a previous life?

Emma66

Once a Marine, always a Marine
I really wanted something I owned in one of my previous life. Like an obsession, I needed one. I think I spent my life with it and missed it when I died , my sabre when I was a cossack, my shashka.
I found one, a real Don Cossack shashka made in Russia. Not an antique imperial one, I couldn't afford it. One more piece in my museum!
I was so happy when I received the parcel but at the same time was kind of disappointed because it wasn't mine! It was not exactly the same. I feel like I need to find MY shashka.
Do you have the same need to have something from the past?

I'm learning flankirovka.
Like a memory of the gesture, I hold it and was sure it was not the first time.

IMG_20221121_174416.jpg

Cyrus

Senior Registered
I really wanted something I owned in one of my previous life. Like an obsession, I needed one. I think I spent my life with it and missed it when I died , my sabre when I was a cossack, my shashka.
I found one, a real Don Cossack shashka made in Russia. Not an antique imperial one, I couldn't afford it. One more piece in my museum!
I was so happy when I received the parcel but at the same time was kind of disappointed because it wasn't mine! It was not exactly the same. I feel like I need to find MY shashka.
Do you have the same need to have something from the past?

I'm learning flankirovka.
Like a memory of the gesture, I hold it and was sure it was not the first time.

View attachment 3052
Hi, Emma66:

Maybe you'll see something that matches more exactly your PL shashka, in the souvenirs store in the link below (available for online ordering):

Souvenirs store

Emma66

Once a Marine, always a Marine
Hi, Emma66:

Maybe you'll see something that matches more exactly your PL shashka, in the souvenirs store in the link below (available for online ordering):

Souvenirs store
Hi Cyrus,
Thanks for the link. Very nice shashkas but not mine.
One looked like mine in an auction sale in France few days ago but I was too late to register to bid online and I think it's probably better for my purse 😂.