Making progress

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Batgeek22, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

I used to find that many of the flashes I get from past lives to be bothersome at best. I felt tortured by them for years. It wasn't till I found this site that I stopped trying to fight to keep them suppressed. One fascinating thing I discovered when I started letting them in is that my sense of self, my true self is always the same from one life to the next. As weird as it is to say, I'm still me despite the different names and different lives. As opposed to my current life I've died relatively young in most of my past lives. The life I have now is a bit of a novelty for me. I don't know if I like it that much, getting old sucks.
    Recently I've been exploring my immediate past life when I was a woman. These memories seem to come easier. Before finding this site I knew I was young, well off, traveled a lot, and died in the late 60's while pregnant, or in child birth. I also knew I pregnant with a son and my husband wasn't there when I died. Have feelings of resentment about that. I remember being in Paris with a friend and making fun of the Space Age Fashion that was all the rage at the time. In that life as this one I would get premonitions of things that had happened and things that were about to happen. I didn't feel attached to any one geographical location. I would get memories of being all over, America and Europe as a child. It seemed to make no sense. It seemed like different lives all blended, but I knew it was the same. On another post someone stated that they were a military brat. This triggered a memory and brought some things together. I started Googling things trying to find something familiar. I don't know why but I googled Sharon Tate. Her life experiences seem to fall in line with some of my memories. In other places it doesn't. I don't have a feeling of being famous. I remember having darker hair, not blonde. As I said before, I'm me despite the life. The Hollywood life doesn't feel like something I'd be interested in. In fact I have a disdain for it.
    Ironically, my Mother's name in this life was Sharon and my wife's mother's maiden name was Tait. Have no idea if this means anything. I'm also not fully willing to state that I was Sharon Tate in a past life. It just feels weird. I do remember when I died in that life there was blood. I very much wanted to be a mother to my son. It's the pain of that loss that caused me to want to bury these memories.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

It's possible you could have been someone connected to or close to Sharon Tate. That event shocked the country. That event is the reason people started installing security gates and doors. There were no such things as "gated communities" before 1969. Charlie Manson is still alive and in prison in Corcoran, CA.

3. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

Been researching her a bit more. I had a memory that I attributed to my WW1 life. It was a bit fuzzy but I remember a soldier named Paul I was very close with. Sharon Tate's father was named Paul and was an Army officer. Another weird thing is that when I was a teenager I collected a number of stray cats. Didn't make my mother very happy. The strange thing is on of my cats I named Gwendolyn, Sharon's mother's middle name and two other of my cats were named the same as Sharon's sisters. This was not done on purpose. I was born almost two years after Sharon Tate died. I never heard of her before. I After discovering this I found that Sharon also had a collection of stray cats when she died, 27 or so. I'm not ready to commit to this Sharon Tate thing either. I just find the similarities eerie.

4. argonne1918

They say truth is stranger than fiction. Who knows?

5. larali

larali Member

That's interesting. How is your personality in this life? Wikipedia says she was "shy" and "gentle".

6. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

Shy and gentle pretty much sums me up while I was growing up. It was hard for me to make friends even though people enjoyed being around me. I really had to work at coming out of my shell. I'm finding many things line up. I reviewed some of the notes I've taken down in the past and some of the posts I've made here. A lot of things line up. I must admit I try to be skeptical when it come to these things. I was interested in psychology for a while and even took some college classes on the subject. I'm really interested in how the mind works. I understand the tricks the mind can play. The irony of this statement isn't lost on me. I read in her Wikipedia entry she was also interested in psychology.

This is a subject that brings me a lot of anxiety. I stated on another thread that these memories, my immediate past life, make me very uncomfortable. These feelings and memories come to me episodes that leave me feeling very out of touch for lack of a better word. I knew that I died with child. I was either giving birth, or very close to giving birth. I know more than anything else I wanted this child, wanted to be a mother. These memories always leave with a sense of great loss, of unfulfilled promises.

7. argonne1918

As I remember, she was pregnant but hadn't given birth yet.

8. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

That did bug me a little, but not a strong argument against. The most vivid memory I get of my death involves my thoughts about the baby. I was grabbing at something, holding it. In my mind my child was real and I was loosing him. I had assumed this meant that I'd already given birth. After my wife and I lost one child in her second trimester to miscarriage I understand this may not always be the case. We were both already thinking of the child as with us. We had all sorts of plans and dreams for the baby. With our other children I was already considering myself a parent in the third trimester when we were assured we were going to have a viable birth. I still searching for arguments against. To date Sharon Tate resonates strongest than any with my memory and soul. It could be just similar circumstances. Naming some of my cats after her family members, the Paul connection, the timing being right, and the other things could be a coincidence.

9. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Batgeek,

It's good to hear from you again. You seem a lot more serene than you did when you started your driving you "crazy" thread a year ago, so I think the exploration, acknowledgement and assimilation of these memories must be doing some good. I'm hoping for the same thing one of these days. Unfortunately, I do not have your level of clarity and possibly courage. I put the latter down, because I have to wonder why some are able to face up to the really painful memories, while others like myself still find them almost impossible to access fully, much less deal with.

Cordially,

S&S (the "Primus" man)

10. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

It still drives me crazy. I've just decided to embrace the crazy a little more. These episodes I have are beyond my control, mostly. I can't always suppress them, but at times I can bring one on. It's still scary as hell and leaves me feeling very strange. I feel disconnected yet connected all at the same time. It's like knowing something you shouldn't know, or at least don't want to know. Hard to describe. I only starting exploring this a little more in hoping it'll bring me some peace. Maybe get rid of this feeling of unresolved issues associated with these past life memories. If I'm not really crazy and that's what they are. I'm hoping to be able to prove the previously stated possible past life identity (Sharon Tate) wrong. Saying it makes me sound like on of those nuts that suddenly claims they were Elvis in past life and starts replacing their wardrobe with polyester and buys a pink Cadillac. I'd much rather connect these memories with a regular non famous person. The only way to do this is to crack the door open a little wider and look through. I've tried telling myself that these are just lives we wear for a while and toss to the side. They are of no more consequence than the clothes we wear. We are creatures of light and energy. Sometimes it even works, for a while.

11. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

I just read over my previous posts and made a few more strange connections. Abigail Folger was a brunette and I mentioned a brunette several times. I also made mention of a doll my parents gave me when I was very young and I named him Charlie "after his father". The killer in the Tate murders was Charles "Tex" Watson and Charles Manson was the father figure of the Mason family that Watson was a member of. Could explain why I constantly pulled the head of that doll. That always made feel better when I was young. Whenever I got stressed I would grab that doll and rip its head off and feel better.

I wish these memories were clearer. If I try to focus in on something the record as it were jumps and becomes jumbled. As I said before if I wasn't thinking it or experiencing it at the time it happened I don't have access to the memory. I've also found memories are subjective. Where my past self had access to all their memories and experiences in order to interpret the world around them I don't. I left trying to figure out from my current point of view. One thing that was very clear when I died was that my entire being was focused on my child. All the dreams and plans I had for him and his future were going through my mind. He was going to do something really great with his life. Another thing is if their imagining something, or having flashback themselves as I did in one of mine (flashback in a flashback). I experience that imagined scene or flashback as well. It can be confusing discerning what they're actually experiencing and what they're imagining. Often what's happening inside their mind hits me harder than what is actually happening in their physical world. I believe that this goes back to how things are communicated on the other side, pure thought. It's like asking someone what sadness feels like. In your mind you imagine a sad moment in you life and how you felt at the time. If you've never felt sad in your life you wouldn't be able to answer the question. The memories of loosing my own child had no reference to me in my current life until my wife had a miscarriage and we lost our baby. I suddenly realized at that moment I've had that feeling before and it triggered an episode. It's like the flashback inside of a flashback I had in my past life when I went to France. Seeing the France provided a visual reference resulting in an intense feeling of deja vu and a subsequent past life flashback. A strong emotional connection or reference usually results in better recall. I don't feel that emotionally attached to my own name or appearance in this life. Provided I wasn't a vein SOB in a past life I doubt I'd be able to recall these things clearly.

12. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

This latest episode is starting to ease. Still not sure if I can attribute these memories to any specific person I might have been in a past life, or unwilling. It gets confusing as these memories are hard to pin down. They seem to jump around, not just within the same life, but between several. Some of the notes I took down from this latest episode I've been comparing to other and will be researching some possibilities. One thing that has repeated since childhood has been a memory of an injured leg, never injured mine in this life. This memory jumps around as well. I have a memory of lying on the battlefield dying with an injured leg among other injuries. I know I'm going to die and I'm ok with it. The memory then jumps and I'm a woman in, still in France with just a broken leg. I remember some frustration with crutches and an argument with someone. I'm not French though in the memory. Another is me in a British WW1 uniform my mind then jumps to me wearing a Catholic school girl's uniform with some other girls around. In another someone is teaching some French as they're trying set me up with a French *****, they found out I was a virgin. Again my mind jumps to me as a girl learning another language, but it doesn't feel like French this time. It seems like I'm picking out similar memories from different lives. It's weird and frustrating not being able to focus in, control it more.

I'll research the one bazaar possibility for a past life that I came up with in this thread for a past life to see if anything lines up. I can't really see that kind of life appealing to me. I'm more for the simple life, raising a family, and such. Not the fake Hollywood BS life.

13. argonne1918

Sounds like you may be remembering more than one past life.

14. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

It is more than one. I've had flashes of several more, but I've been trying to focus in on the most immediate past life. I can't seem to be able to do it. I've fought to suppress these memories for years, but occasional I have these episodes where nothing stops them. This site convinced me to let them flow and see what was causing me some of my anxiety. I had this strong feeling it had to do with my most immediate past life, undone business, unresolved issues, missed opportunities, and such. These memories come like a movie. I can't stop, pause, or rewind. Then to top it off it jumps around like Pulp Fiction. It seems that similar experiences from various lives causes this.

The one possible identity of my past life I listed in this thread seems to bazaar to be right, but at the same time feels right. To be honest it wasn't what I was expecting. I started out googling people named Paul as that seemed to be an important name. Not close to anyone named Paul in this life, but feel I've been close to a Paul and he was military. That didn't get me anywhere. I then started googling Charlie and Charles as that is another name that comes through pretty strong. That name also caused me anxiety. I included died pregnant and when a picture of Sharon Tate came up it, for lack of a better word set something off. As I read the story it felt like a panic attack coming on, never had one, but from what I've heard that's what it was like. I had to stop reading. Even though it effected me stronger than anything ever has I'm having a hard time believing that as a 44 year old man over 6' tall that I was a hot model actress in a past life. Sure, I knew I was a female, but I figured some I was some unknown. I knew I was well off and popular, but didn't feel like I was particular famous. I have a strong feeling that as I am now I was more interested in slowing down and having a family. Like in my current life I played around, experimented, and had my fun until I was about 25 after that I was ready to settle down.

15. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

When experiencing a 'flood' of memories as you are, which can happen when people learn how to stop repressing things, it's best to just make notes of it all in a journal. Write down everything you can possibly think of - every detail and every thought - however minor it may seem.

It is very tempting to do a lot of googling and try to work out your past identity, but try to resist the urge until you have as much information as you can possibly get from your flashes. Do drawings, make sketches. Record it all.

Be sure to also note what is going on in your present life that might 'set you off'. What were you doing when you had a flash? What were you thinking about? Was there a particular trigger? Is there an individual involved in each event? Does there seem to be a similar mood or theme between the flashes and what's going on in the present? This can all be pretty personal stuff, so that's where a private journal comes in very handy while you're trying to figure things out. Feel free to share here as much as you want as well of course.

It is very common to have a 'flood' followed by a 'drought' when nothing will come, sometimes for months or years. That is the best time to go back over your notes and see if you can find the connection between everything. That's the time to be googling things to see what you can dig up or find other things that might trigger more memories.

Your memories may or may not have anything to do with Sharon Tate. You are the only one who can figure that out.

However, all that said, it's also possible that this is a feeling you carried with you. It's not unusual for a 'wish' from one life to carry over to the next.

16. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

To be honest I didn't get a flood of memories in this last episode. What I got was a flood of emotion, just an intense feeling of needing to get back to something, something I forgot. I've had a few like that. I only had a few visual flashes with this last one. I based my googling on past notes and a long call to my older sister. She confirmed some of the things I said and did when I was younger.

17. SeaAndSky

For me, it is definitely emotional memory before anything else and usually without anything else. At least this is true the great majority of the time. I think for many it is the discordant emotional content of a past life that sticks out like the portion of the iceberg that is above the surface, indicating the hidden bulk below. Finding out what these strange out-of-place emotional "islands" are connected to below the surface is where all the hard work comes in (while simultaneously trying not to shipwreck myself on the "iceburg").

S&S

18. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Good use of metaphor S&S!

19. Phthalo

Phthalo Senior Registered

I can't tell you if you were Sharon Tate or not but you've said there are differences between your memories and descriptions of her life. It's not impossible that you simply had a lot in common and that she's jumping to mind because you knew her from a past life. You didn't even have to know her personally. She was well-known enough that you past life self could have known about her or even have been a fan. I don't know if this helps.

I wouldn't worry so much about finding out who you were at this early stage. Just let the memories flow and try to avoid getting caught up in research. It's easy to end up doubting memories or getting stuck otherwise.

20. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

What are your feelings, if any, about Roman Polanski?

21. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

Liar, is the first word that comes to mind. Not sure why, it just does. As for feelings it's a mixed bag.

As for the differences the only one that stands out was the blonde thing. After doing some reading Tate varied between blonde and mousy brown. That would fall in line with the memory that I get. When I was around four I put on a dark wig my mother had and had a flash of doing that before. That would be inline with her Beverly Hillbillies work. I know how strange all of this sounds, it sounds weird to me. I'm not sure how Tate was, but I've always been a strange mix of shy, but spontaneous. I could be introverted and the life of the party at the same time. I've been known to do some pretty outlandish stuff. I could easily make friends, though few are really close. Even I don't know what I'll do next. I rarely plan things out. However, when I do commit, I commit and follow through. I have no problems though walking away from something that is not working out for me. These are just a few of the things I feel are at my core and would have carried from one life to the next. I guess I could be wrong.

22. SeaAndSky

Hi Batgeek,

You bring up a point that has been on my mind for awhile: how much can I understand about me then based on my knowledge of me now?

Somehow, even though I don't remember a lot of particulars, I feel like I know a lot about how my best "remembered" putative PL felt on all kinds of matters, even though she/I was a different gender then. This is based on what I know about myself now. Many traits are non-gendered, and many others (physical assertiveness, risk taking, etc.?) may be merely a question of turning the dial a bit up or down based on gender/hormones/societal norms and training/etc.

Anyhow, I feel like I know a lot about who I would have been then there in that context based on what I know about myself now. Some things might be "tweaked" a bit one way or another based on gender, surroundings, upbringing, etc.--but if I was me (to any degree), I know a lot about how I would have felt and reacted on a lot of things.

Others may disagree, but that is my basic sense of the matter.

Cordially,

S&S

23. Batgeek22

Batgeek22 New Member

I've got that same sense. In some of my memories I know some of the traits I've mentioned have been more pronounced. I think part of it is due to me wanting to do things differently in this life than I've done before. On sense I get is that I've never lived to a very old age in my recent past lives and had a family of my own. I wanted this in my immediate past life and the opportunity was taken from me. I get the strong feeling I've been much more low key in this life in an attempt to make this happen.