• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Meditation for increased spirituality

newkittens

Who here has found a program of consistent meditation very effective for increasing one's sense of spirituality? For me, I wanted to meditate to expand my mind and my creativity, and learn what true spirituality is firsthand. After meditating for a little while, I can say that it's changed my outlook on life, and enabled me to see things in a way I couldn't have imagined a few years ago.

Has anyone else experienced this? In your experience, what has or has not worked for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome Newkittens! Oh yes, I'm definitely in agreement. When I first began my journey into past lives and spirituality I was looking for a means to reflect on what was happening in a grounded way. By chance and for other reasons I attended a retreat in the mountains of Colorado. One of the facilitators was a practicing Buddhist and meditation instructor. I learned a great deal from him and we became friends. One year later and in a quite synchronous way I attended another gathering at the Shambhala Mountain Center in Colorado. There I met another meditation master and again deepened my practice. Over the years I have maintained the practice on a daily basis and expanded my study of Buddhism. To say that it has enhanced my spirituality is an understatement... it has allowed me to grow in ways I'd never imagined. Yes! It does change your outlook on life, in wonderful ways. I would encourage you read everything you can about meditation. Look for a meditation teacher and go for their knowledge. Some suggest a good daily practice is twenty minutes everyday. Over the years mine has grown to thirty minutes every morning. Sometimes in the day I'll feel the call to sit again, when those moments hit there is usually something perking, waiting for me. There are many, many good resources and people to read. I would recommend two, for a Buddhist perspective Jack Kornfield is an excellent resource; for a Christian perspective Richard Rohr is an incredible teacher/writer/philosopher. Oh, the list is long and you will certainly find more as you look at these two guys. Another one popped into mind, Susan Piver, she has an online meditation group called the Open Heart Project... I think there is a Facebook page for her, check it out.

If you have any questions please ask, I'd be happy to offer my two cents.

Blessings, Tman

Meditation is certainly very calming. Once you learn how to quieten your day to day 'chatter' at will, it is a great stress reliever. On top of that, once the 'clouds' of day to day, surface thoughts are cleared away, you can see the 'stars' more clearly.

Meditation works and it also comes with blessings, it has changed many things for me in a good way. And yes it did increase my spirituality and raise my vibrations...there are limited possibilities all for the better

Last edited:
Back