• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Meeting a past life partner in this life

Melek

Hi everyone
This is my first post. I am hoping I have chosen the right forum.
First some quick background. I am Australian, living in Turkey. From the very first minute I set foot out of the airport in Istanbul 16 years ago I felt like I had come back to the home of my soul. When I left Turkey on that first trip, I cried uncontrollably for 4 hours on the flight home - I felt like I was being forcibly removed from a loved one... So I have always guessed I have some past life connection to Turkey.
Around 6 months ago I started to see a man around the town I live in - I would see him everywhere I went - in restaurants, cafes, bars, and on the street... It got to the point that whenever we saw each other we would both start laughing so much because I think neither of us ran into anyone else as much as we ran into each other. From the first time I met him I felt like I had known him before, yet I only learned his name a few days before we went into our COVID-19 lockdown..
Just over a week ago we became friends online and spent 4 days of last weekend's curfew here in Turkey messaging back and forth all day each day. On Monday, we had a socially distanced meeting and talked non-stop for 10 hours. One of the first things he said to me is that he is certain we were married in a past life... I am inclined to agree. Anyway, the most incredible ten hours passed - it felt like just 1 or 2 hours, and we discussed everything under the sun... He is one of the nicest, kindest people I have ever met in my life.

Fast forward to the next day, when suddenly his messages turned quite cool and lacked the warmth and connection of our previous messages, and he has essentially ghosted me without actually ghosting me... Of course I know we can't keep up the frequency of messaging as when we first started to chat - nothing would ever get done :) It doesn't make sense given we spent 10 hours together - why would he stay so long if he was not enjoying our connection?
Since that happened I have been incredibly teary and I feel such a huge sense of loss which intellectually I know is ridiculous - how could I feel so distraught about someone I have only known for a week to talk to? I haven't felt as distraught as this after breaking up with people I have actually dated for an extended period of time... Again, I wonder if it could be connected to the past life thing?
And I am struggling to understand from a past life perspective why the universe would bring this person into my life and then let us meet for 10 hours and get on famously, only for that to be ripped away from me without explanation...
If anyone has any insight or ideas for me, I would be incredibly grateful. I need to soothe my soul.
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum, Melek.
Beautiful username, by the way. Someone told me it means "angel" in Turkish.

Maybe what you are going through is about you learning to let go? Or maybe it isn't. I can't tell you, it is your experience, not mine.
But he probably came into your current life for a reason. Maybe he had to settle a few things, things that were left unfinished in a past life?
Do you still have contact or a means to reach him? Then you could ask him why he is acting the way he is.
You always can try different techniques (meditation, guided meditations/self-regression videos on youtube, there is a thread about them here/see a regression therapist/...) to see if they bring up past live memories, of course. Up to you, what ever feels the right thing to do for you.

My best wishes to you and a virtual hug.

Welcome to the forum, Melek.
Beautiful username, by the way. Someone told me it means "angel" in Turkish.

Maybe what you are going through is about you learning to let go? Or maybe it isn't. I can't tell you, it is your experience, not mine.
But he probably came into your current life for a reason. Maybe he had to settle a few things, things that were left unfinished in a past life?
Do you still have contact or a means to reach him? Then you could ask him why he is acting the way he is.
You always can try different techniques (meditation, guided meditations/self-regression videos on youtube, there is a thread about them here/see a regression therapist/...) to see if they bring up past live memories, of course. Up to you, what ever feels the right thing to do for you.

My best wishes to you and a virtual hug.
Thank you for your advice - I will go and have a look at that thread. And yes, "Melek" means angel, it is also a common female name here.
Thanks again.

I've had many encounters like yours over the years. It's like touching bases, and they always leave me confused as to why souls don't want to continue on conversations from lifetime to lifetime.

My basic understanding is they don't see an opportunity to further their current life issue with you, or basically you're not the right fit for what they are currently looking to manifest.

You might want to look further into your Turkey past life, because if your soul is experiencing that much sadness, you might want to clean it up.

And I am struggling to understand from a past life perspective why the universe would bring this person into my life and then let us meet for 10 hours and get on famously, only for that to be ripped away from me without explanation...
If anyone has any insight or ideas for me, I would be incredibly grateful. I need to soothe my soul.

Hi Melek,
In order to answer your question, it's relevant to know if your friend is Turkish (Muslim) or not. If so, that would explain everything. ;)

If not, then I guess you underestimate the power of reconnection, maybe your friend is overwhelmed and needs a lot of time to process. If you're unlucky he'll need the rest of his life doing so.

It's like touching bases
I agree with Benny.

edit:
btw, in Arabic your name means 'king' and meleka means 'queen'

Hi Melek,
In order to answer your question, it's relevant to know if your friend is Turkish (Muslim) or not. If so, that would explain everything. ;)

If not, then I guess you underestimate the power of reconnection, maybe your friend is overwhelmed and needs a lot of time to process. If you're unlucky he'll need the rest of his life doing so.

I agree with Benny.

edit:
btw, in Arabic your name means 'king' and meleka means 'queen'
Thank you so much. He is Turkish but an atheist... Thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I've had many encounters like yours over the years. It's like touching bases, and they always leave me confused as to why souls don't want to continue on conversations from lifetime to lifetime.

My basic understanding is they don't see an opportunity to further their current life issue with you, or basically you're not the right fit for what they are currently looking to manifest.

You might want to look further into your Turkey past life, because if your soul is experiencing that much sadness, you might want to clean it up.

That's good advice, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

Thank you so much. He is Turkish but an atheist... Thanks for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Well, in this case, it's obvious. Even being an atheist, he still lives in a culture where it's not common or appreciated when a man has such an emotional friendship with a woman without being married to her.
Maybe the younger generation is a bit different, I don't know. I grew up with the older generation. (my husband is an atheist Arab).

Well, in this case, it's obvious. Even being an atheist, he still lives in a culture where it's not common or appreciated when a man has such an emotional friendship with a woman without being married to her.
Maybe the younger generation is a bit different, I don't know. I grew up with the older generation. (my husband is an atheist Arab).
You are right - culture is so strong here, and while the younger generation might be slightly more relaxed, I would say the cultural beliefs around this sort of stuff are still deeply embedded... He is actually 62 years old and so I would say those cultural beliefs run fairly deep. Thank you for your thoughts and thank you to everyone for your help - since I first posted I have tried one of the regressions from You Tube and actually managed to get a little glimpse into my past life with this person - I will continue to work on it. Thank you so much again - I am very happy to have found this forum.

Hi Melek! I also noticed such things can happen, a wonderful person appears in my life too, we can talk all day long, we act like best friends for a certain amount of time, then all of a sudden, the person never replies to my last message and disappears, without any explanation. Then I spend months or even years trying to figure out what had happened. This is a really bad feeling that can be as irritating as a splinter under a fingernail. But there must be a reason these people appear in our lives... They can show us a mirror and help us discover some flaws or values in ourselves we wouldn't notice without a shocking and sudden ghosting. Or maybe it's important for their own spiritual growth and we just play a short role in it. But there can be many other reasons as others wrote it previously.

Once it was me who disappeared from a man's life without any explanation, he was in love with me and I never told him the reason for my decision. I was merely a teenager and a complete disappearance was easy in the pre-social media world. We both managed to move on: he eventually got married and I no longer feel emotional bondings to him. However, in my subconscious, things are quite different: he appears in my dreams surprisingly often and we usually reunite, but most of the time, I disappear again. I often think we may had a past life together. I was a Gestapo officer in WWII Germany and this boy and me used to attend the same primary school class in my current life, where we often played "brutal police games": we liked to terrorize others kids, tried to break their fingers (my friend was obsessed with this "method" of persuasion) and locked the kids up in the toilet by plastic handcuffs. So after disappearing from this strong relationship, no wonder I couldn't let this person fully go. I've heard that it's the person "accused of" ghosting is the one that has problems. And I know I had a heap of insecurities when I disappeared. But it may be a basic explanation that doesn't include any past life reasons.

And finally, it's great that you already found your way to go deeper in that certain past life! Good luck! Maybe the answer is already at your doorstep. ;)

Hello Melek, and welcome to the forum. There are many threads on the forum that speak of encounters with past life people, loves, or enemies. Most often, it is about past life loves; some use the words Twin Souls. That is what brought me to this forum 16 years ago. I, too, ran into a person that ignited a fire in my heart. It felt like it was the first time I ever truly fell in love. It took me years to overcome the chaos that it threw my life into. But circumstances were never going to allow us to know each other in the same passionate way we lived in the 1890s. What I did was go to a therapist/doctor who specialized in past life regression. A long story short... she placed me under hypnosis and very easily, or so it seemed, took me to that life. I was my great grandfather, and the woman in question was my wife. There were crazy, synchronous facts in that life that were in this life. Well, anyway, for me understanding that life was the key to returning to a normal mindset and a peaceful heart. The other thing was understanding that life in the 1890s was not this life... we are/were separate "new" people today. What I came to accept was that simply knowing this person today was enough... she is happy, successful, and loved, as am I. Once I let loose of the idea I had to "do something" or I had to be with her as some form of continuation of that past life I was able to reap the reward of understanding in a deeper way: who I am, what love is, how the soul knows more than my conscious ego does, and how beautiful reincarnation is.

One book that answered a few of my questions at the time was Patricia Jourdrey's book called "Twin Souls." I recommend it for ideas to consider.

Good luck with your search for understanding, I can assure you it will only lead to a deeper and richer life... despite the pain and confusion now. You are not alone.

My first post on the forum is here if you wish to read it: Police Sergeant's Memories

Blessings! ~Tinkerman

I have, and other then the connection to one, it was all it was. A brief connection and recognition and we went our ways.

I know of another one and refuse to meet or talk to him. He is rather open to it and very interested (we both have connections to people who have one person in common) and I try to ignore that I had that life at all.

Hi Melek! I also noticed such things can happen, a wonderful person appears in my life too, we can talk all day long, we act like best friends for a certain amount of time, then all of a sudden, the person never replies to my last message and disappears, without any explanation. Then I spend months or even years trying to figure out what had happened. This is a really bad feeling that can be as irritating as a splinter under a fingernail. But there must be a reason these people appear in our lives... They can show us a mirror and help us discover some flaws or values in ourselves we wouldn't notice without a shocking and sudden ghosting. Or maybe it's important for their own spiritual growth and we just play a short role in it. But there can be many other reasons as others wrote it previously.

Once it was me who disappeared from a man's life without any explanation, he was in love with me and I never told him the reason for my decision. I was merely a teenager and a complete disappearance was easy in the pre-social media world. We both managed to move on: he eventually got married and I no longer feel emotional bondings to him. However, in my subconscious, things are quite different: he appears in my dreams surprisingly often and we usually reunite, but most of the time, I disappear again. I often think we may had a past life together. I was a Gestapo officer in WWII Germany and this boy and me used to attend the same primary school class in my current life, where we often played "brutal police games": we liked to terrorize others kids, tried to break their fingers (my friend was obsessed with this "method" of persuasion) and locked the kids up in the toilet by plastic handcuffs. So after disappearing from this strong relationship, no wonder I couldn't let this person fully go. I've heard that it's the person "accused of" ghosting is the one that has problems. And I know I had a heap of insecurities when I disappeared. But it may be a basic explanation that doesn't include any past life reasons.

And finally, it's great that you already found your way to go deeper in that certain past life! Good luck! Maybe the answer is already at your doorstep. ;)
Thank you for sharing your story and your insights - very useful. Thanks again :)

Well, anyway, for me understanding that life was the key to returning to a normal mindset and a peaceful heart. The other thing was understanding that life in the 1890s was not this life... we are/were separate "new" people today. What I came to accept was that simply knowing this person today was enough... she is happy, successful, and loved, as am I. Once I let loose of the idea I had to "do something" or I had to be with her as some form of continuation of that past life I was able to reap the reward of understanding in a deeper way: who I am, what love is, how the soul knows more than my conscious ego does, and how beautiful reincarnation is.

One book that answered a few of my questions at the time was Patricia Jourdrey's book called "Twin Souls." I recommend it for ideas to consider.

Good luck with your search for understanding, I can assure you it will only lead to a deeper and richer life... despite the pain and confusion now. You are not alone.

My first post on the forum is here if you wish to read it: Police Sergeant's Memories

Blessings! ~Tinkerman
You are right - already the first little bit of work I have done with self-regression (and I was able to go to our past life together) has made me feel more peaceful - and maybe our encounter was just to touch base and know that each other is ok. I will certainly read your first post - thank you for sharing your story. Best wishes

Back