• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Message In A Dream?

Shiftkitty

So after the dream about my father in a PL the other day, last night I think he may have been telling me something. Here goes:

I am in an ancient Egyptian throne room. He had a PL in ancient Egypt though not as royalty but as a guy who stomped in mud to make bricks. But I'm there in the throne room and I'm on an elevated platform. There's a performance going on with music and dancing that is telling a story. The story is of a young couple who are deeply in love with each other. Through interpretive dance (I guess, I'm not into dancing), they play out the affair and the subsequent birth of their firstborn. When they're about to reveal the symbolic "baby", what appears is a cocoon that opens up and reveals a butterfly with patterns on its wings in black, white, and red, my dad's three favorite colors. As the butterfly spreads its wings for the first time, a chorus erupts singing "When Tyler was born..."

That was all they sang and it occurred to me that aside from the 9 months living inside his mother's womb, nothing else had happened. His song had yet to be sung in its entirety.

I have so many questions. Was my father telling me he had returned and was now named Tyler? Might we meet again? Will we recognize each other? What was the significance of the throne room? The music and dancing? Why would he even come back unless it was to try to be with my mom again? Has my mother come back? Agh!

Cryscat

Interesting dream. Its possible your Dad is back as a baby named Tyler. Is there any new babies amoung your family or friends? Also, maybe your dad would come back first and your mom second?

Shiftkitty

Nobody in anyone in my family or crowd has had a baby that I know of, but I will keep my ear to the ground. I got to thinking back to the scene and I realized that tere were people from so many different cultures and time periods in the throne room. Me being up on a platform doesn't feel like it meant much beyond me finding a spot to sit on that was up on a platform. I was thinking today how much it looked like people he had known from PLs were invited to witness his rebirth, albeit very symbolically. It was kind of sobering to acknowledge that if he has been reborn, I am now part of his Past Life experience!

I hadn't thought about my mom coming along second. I always imagined he wouldn't want to leave the afterlife once he got to be there with her. Ah, but who knows what's truly on the agenda once you get there, eh?

Lady2

Senior Registered
Could have past life connections, but sounds symbolic to me. Especially with the favorite colors. Wouldn't that be something if you found out later your dad did came back, as a Tyler?! Certainly a dream to pay attention to.

mnrjpf99

Can you relate any of the dream to the events of the day and evening prior to your dream. Sometimes it's possible to have a "melting pot" dream where different events and conversations can create a very unusual dream.

If that's not the case, I would say that yes there is some symbolism there.

If you can try to document any further dreams that mite be relevant. You mite be able to tell more of an unfolding story.

Shiftkitty

Lady2- If I meet a kid named Tyler in a few years who seems very familiar to me, I'm gonna flip!

mnrjpf99- I've tried to think about what imagery might be from things I may have seen, heard, or whatever that might have contributed. I haven't had much time to do so peacefully today, however. I'm gong to try to meditate on it tonight.

I am still chewing on this one. I get some strange dreams, but not all stick with me. I came out of this one with a sense of peace. LOL, I've even had a song stuck in my head that is suitable in a funny way, "And the Beat Goes On".

It would be neat if I was at a spiritual viewing of the rebirth of a soul, though!

BriarRose

Senior Registered
I think your Dad is coming back as a little boy named Tyler, if he isn't here already. That would be a strange feeling, to be aware of being part of a parent's PL! I keep reading that some of our "energy" can stay on the other side, so maybe he will still be there to greet your Mom. Weirdly, I want to say "Congratulations!", even though you're not Tyler's mom!

Shiftkitty

LOL! Well, I did feel quite priveliged to have been at the "rebirth scene". I'm probably going to contact one of my brothers even if they aren't on speaking terms with me. Like me, they grew up with reincarnation as a fact of life. (Given how much they've changed over the years, I hope that part didn't change!) I'll ask to see if anybody they know has recently had a baby.

Shiftkitty

So the Prescott, Arizona fire that started this morning is burning where my dad grew up. Coincidence, I'm sure, but also maybe the cosmos' way of clearing the slate?