• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Michelle Lucas, Virginia Beach claims 4-year-old Andrew talks dead marine

Dagmar

A terrified mother believes the ghost of a dead marine could be haunting her four-year-old son.

Michelle Lucas from Virginia Beach claims four-year-old Andrew talks about the life of Sergeant Val S Lewis who was killed during a terrorist bomb attack in Beirut, Lebanon, in 1983.

She told News Channel 3: 'He just starts crying hysterically and I say, "What's wrong Andrew,' and he says "Why did you let me die in that fire".'
'Scared me, scared me— I didn’t know if there was a spirit coming out of him. I didn't know if there was a spirit coming out of him.'

The soldier, who was on a peacekeeping mission at the time of his death, is buried in the Marietta National Cemetery in Georgia.
He was one of 241 U.S. service personnel, 220 Marines and 21 other service personnel, the were killed when a truck bomb drove into a Marine compound.

300 service members had been living at the four-story building at the airport in Beirut. There were 1,800 Marines stationed in Beirut at the time.

A multi-national force with units from France, Italy and the United Kingdom is also on peacekeeping duty in Lebanon at the same time.

At the same time the Marine barracks was hit, a suicide bomber drove a pickup truck full of explosives and crashes into a building housing French paratroopers, killing 58.

Where is it from? It would be nice to know the program and not only the channel (I am not familiar with US TV programs). What did the child say? How could the information be verified? Who did verify it? This post lacks crucial information.

He is not haunted. It's just a past life memory. She should watch the TV program "Ghost Inside My Child". Or, better yet, contact the program and see if they would like to use their story. I wish they would change the name of the show. It freaks out people who are uninformed.

I also don't like the name ghost within my child.makes the children sound possessed or something.Only good thing is is its another show making people more aware of reincarnation.

This story is everywhere circa 9 Nov 2014

Channel 3, I presume would be the local station where the mother lives in Virginia Beach

I thought it was ironic Virginia Beach where Edgar Casey, one of the greatest psychic lived and this woman is not aware of reincarnation.

The dead marine, Sergeant Val Lewis, was a Black American and her son is not.

Carol Bowman should contact the mother to gather information before it is lost because of ignorance. This story is amazing because of the DETAILS. They have a name of the decease.

One of the episodes of Ghost Inside My Child featured a 4 year old white boy who remembered being a black woman named Pam in Chicago who jumped out of a window in an old residential hotel that was on fire. The dad is a "materialist" who doesn't believe in reincarnation or even life beyond death. But the mother decided to research on the internet. She found the obituary and news story from the early 1980's. Everything matched what the boy was saying. While the film crew was at the house she printed out several pictures of women, including one of Pam. They were sitting at the kitchen table and she put the pictures in front of her son and asked him to find the one of Pam. He correctly picked the picture of Pam. He even said he remembered when the picture was taken. He said "It was the other time". The dad was visibly shaken and said "I don't know what to think".

The article titles the Black Soldier - Sergeant Val Lewis as Past Life. So at this point the mother is aware and Carol is a consultant for the show. If the mother wants her help I am sure she was given Carol's information and she will contact her. ;)

Also remember - news articles like to make things bigger than they are: "terrified mother" is an over kill IMHO. Having been in many news articles myself I can say they never get it right - even when handed printed quotes and correct info. I bet the mother is ticked at that statement. ;)

Deborah said:
...Also remember - news articles like to make things bigger than they are: "terrified mother" is an over kill IMHO. Having been in many news articles myself I can say they never get it right - even when handed printed quotes and correct info. I bet the mother is ticked at that statement. ;)
Such a shame this issue can't be reported with less nonsense surrounding it. No wonder so many people think it's all made up!

Dagmar said:
Channel 3, I presume would be the local station where the mother lives in Virginia Beach
I thought it was ironic Virginia Beach where Edgar Casey, one of the greatest psychic lived and this woman is not aware of reincarnation.

The dead marine, Sergeant Val Lewis, was a Black American and her son is not.

Carol Bowman should contact the mother to gather information before it is lost because of ignorance. This story is amazing because of the DETAILS. They have a name of the decease.

http://www.coloradonewsday.com/news/regional/83603-mother-claims-her-child-is-haunted-by-ghost-of-marine-killed-in-terrorist-bomb-20-years-ago.html
Hi Dagmar

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing this story.

Someone help this woman PLEASE. She has put her son on some show called "Ghost within my child" - ghost - she has NO idea about reincarnation - she thinks he is possessed.

The son gave her his former address. They thought by taking him to the grave of the dead marine it would bring closure. The son went straight to the grave and put flowers on it and then ran off to another grave and it was a marine who died with him in the Lebanon bombing - he said it was his friend. She said on tv she would like a psychic to help her. Some paranormal group has offer to help but yet to be confirmed.

Dagmar said:
Someone help this woman PLEASE. She has put her son on some show called "Ghost within my child" - ghost - she has NO idea about reincarnation - she thinks he is possessed.
The son gave her his former address. They thought by taking him to the grave of the dead marine it would bring closure. The son went straight to the grave and put flowers on it and then ran off to another grave and it was a marine who died with him in the Lebanon bombing - he said it was his friend. She said on tv she would like a psychic to help her. Some paranormal group has offer to help but yet to be confirmed.
What you saw was a local news story about this episode which airs this Saturday, Nov. 15, on the LMN cable channel in the U.S. It's a "teaser" to get people to watch the program on Saturday. If you haven't seen the "Ghost Inside My Child" program it's actually pretty good. They are trying to educate the public about reincarnation and children who talk about their past lives. Because of this program and the brave families who go public with their stories more families are "coming out of the closet".

I've noticed the new season of Ghost inside My Child is a lot less sensationalist than the first season. They don't use special effects anymore to make the child seem "spooky," although they still use some dramatization. It's a lot more realistic and down to earth now even though I think the stories from Season 1 were really good. I could definitely relate to a lot of stuff.

I've contacted several of the people who were on the show. They are glad they did it and there have been some surprises. The mother of a middle school age boy who remembers being a Soviet soldier during WWII said that after his episode aired several kids at his school came to him and told him about THEIR past life memories. For the dramatizations they use the cousins of the children. Cousins physically resemble each other.

Another mother who was on a recent episode told me that two people she knows talked to her after the episode aired and told her their kids are talking about past life memories. They had been afraid to tell anyone previously. This show is causing people to "come out of the closet". :)

I think more people have past life memories than we realize but most brush them off, don't talk about them with others, or think they are just imagining things. I think it would be good if this topic was more mainstream.

If the mom believes her son is possessed the show will actually help her understand that he is not possessed but is having past life memories.

It makes me wonder how often children with memories are thought to be possessed? So sad ...

I, too, wish the name of the show was different ...

I've been in touch with the producer of "Ghost Inside My Child" about this mother and child. The producer gave the mother my contact information, but I haven't heard from her yet. In fact, I've offered my help to any of the families since this show began. No one has contacted me. You'd think that they would take advantage of my offer to help them. I don't charge for this--never have.

I have mixed feelings about this show. They have certainly brought this topic to a larger audience, and, for the most part, they have treated the families with respect.

However, I assume that they have coached these parents on how to help their children process these memories by researching who the child was (if possible), visiting grave sites, doing rituals to release the past life "ghost," and visiting former haunts (no pun intended) of the previous person. But in some of these cases, the children need more help. I know that they hired a past life therapist to help one of the older children. That's good. But in this case, in particular, the mother and child need more help than visiting the grave site.

As regular readers of this Forum know, sometimes these memories need to resolve over time, and can be quite complex, especially with the very young children. And the parents need support, which these producers are not able to provide. I hope that some of these parents find their way to the Forum.

If this TV show raises public awareness about these memories, that's great. I just wish that they'd follow-up with some of the kids who need more help.

Maybe they will do follow-ups later? Or do a few that focus on the healing aspect more - how it affects them over time.

It's awesome you have offered help to them....perhaps in the future some of them will.

Back